CAG Fighter Thread XXXIX - Fighters Reborn 08 Ultimate Match

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']That's why I've never been a huge fan. MB plays fine, but appeals to the anime nerd that's obsessed with French Maids & school girls. Chacrana's perfect game.[/QUOTE]

couldn't of said it better.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same here. If melty blood taught me anything, I have a hard time playing a game where the entire cast is female. at least throw me a hermaphrodite or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having an all-girl cast is pretty lame. At least Melty Blood had like 2 males (the kid that wore blue and the demon guy). It might have had more, but it was at least 90% female. Lame.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']That's why I've never been a huge fan. MB plays fine, but appeals to the anime nerd that's obsessed with French Maids & school girls. Chacrana's perfect game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not really into anime at all. I prefer nice, clean art ala (older) SNK art versus the anime jaggy lines type stuff.

hey look jim! it's chacrana!

contra612.gif

[quote name='jimfoley16']Yeah, having an all-girl cast is pretty lame. At least Melty Blood had like 2 males (the kid that wore blue and the demon guy). It might have had more, but it was at least 90% female. Lame.

Yeah, I'm not really into anime at all. I prefer nice, clean art ala (older) SNK art versus the anime jaggy lines type stuff.[/QUOTE]

MB has at least 4 dudes. The two you mentioned, plus the blond dude and the dude with fire punches. Still heavily outnumbered by chicks though. ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']MB has at least 4 dudes. The two you mentioned, plus the blond dude and the dude with fire punches. Still heavily outnumbered by chicks though. ;)[/QUOTE]

PMS Power!

Sorry, I'm pretty sure this was posted before, but I'm just curious WTF this game is. I'm sure someone here knows:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kK0sUTALhg[/media]

Oh, and ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

as the "other" MB fan, I resent that. it's fun as hell and stupid anime stereotypes only enhance the experience.

on that note, I couldn't care less about the cast of a fighting game, as long as it plays well. Character design is the icing. and sometimes cake is good without icing, it just has to be damn good cake. Unfortunately, Arcana Heart is a shitty cake with no icing. go ahead, respond with a Portal joke. it'll be funny and original.

I played Fighter Maker for about 40 hours in one week making one fighter. He turned out OK, but he had some hilarious moves. I sold that game a few days later, since I didn't feel like spending all that time making fighters.

[quote name='Apossum']as the "other" MB fan, I resent that.

on that note, I couldn't care less about the cast of a fighting game, as long as it plays well. Character design is the icing. and sometimes cake is good without icing, it just has to be damn good cake. Unfortunately, Arcana Heart is a shitty cake with no icing. go ahead, respond with a Portal joke. it'll be funny and original.[/QUOTE]

QFT, that's exactly how I feel. I haven't played much Arcana Heart, but what I played, I didn't really care for. MB is fast and fun, regardless of the characters you play as.

And I'm a MB fan too. . .

[quote name='hankmecrankme']QFT, that's exactly how I feel. I haven't played much Arcana Heart, but what I played, I didn't really care for. MB is fast and fun, regardless of the characters you play as.

And I'm a MB fan too. . .[/QUOTE]

right on.

sorry to go OT, but Ninja Gaiden II demo this week.

All this XNA talk...

The fighter thread should make a fighting game. it could utilize the powers of claymation...we could call it-- clay fighter! The only thing you can do in the game is throw hadokens and parry.

I'm down for it... heck I was down for it with Mugen, but I didn't want to have to learn new shit.

at least with XNA I know some stuff, but not the hardcore programming.

[quote name='Apossum']on that note, I couldn't care less about the cast of a fighting game, as long as it plays well. Character design is the icing. and sometimes cake is good without icing, it just has to be damn good cake. Unfortunately, Arcana Heart is a shitty cake with no icing. go ahead, respond with a Portal joke. it'll be funny and original.[/quote]
If you play Arcana Heart competitively, there will be fun for you at the end.

THE FUN IS A LIE

Yeah I tried, that was terrible.

[quote name='kainzero']If you play Arcana Heart competitively, there will be fun for you at the end.

THE FUN IS A LIE

Yeah I tried, that was terrible.[/QUOTE]

Fun at the end. as in, once you stop playing it, the fun will commence! LAWOL. burn!

Arcana Heart is puzzling though. it's like Ecole Software said "lets take everything that makes our other fighting game awesome and do the exact opposite!"

I'm down for it... heck I was down for it with Mugen, but I didn't want to have to learn new shit.

at least with XNA I know some stuff, but not the hardcore programming.

do you know how to program hadokens? how about parries?

we need to do something to differentiate ourselves too....so in order to parry fireballs, you have to do it like this:
1. fireball gets launched
2. you need to count down to 3 seconds before the fireball hits you.
3. hit forward when the fireball is 3 seconds away.
4. congrats, you've parried a fireball.

If you miss, your character blows up and dies. If you hit it, you gain an extra lifebar and 3 combo breakers.

Damn all the Arcana Hate :)

I just pre-ordered the game at my local EB. Am I going to be the only one who is picking up the U.S release of this in the FG thread?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']new samurai showdown trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30843.html

wow... wtf? dismemberment and blood?

Even bigger news!!! KoF Ultimate match will be hitting US near the end of 2008!!!

also the Samurai Showdown Collection will include all games through Samurai Shodown 1 - 5 and Tenka

The King of Fighters Collection will include KoF 94 all the way up to KoF 98!!!!!!![/quote]

Nice, looks like it's time to sell of Tenka while I can still get a pretty penny for it and wait for the collection.

Meh, most of those Samsho ports aren't that good. I think Tenka was supposedly the best of the bunch since 1 or 2.

I wish the latest installment got me more excited, but it just doesn't look that good to me--even with the enhanced ginsu-ery.

The new SamSho still doesn't look all that great. Kinda like SamSho Max Impact. eh, I'll still get it. The combo system seems out of place, but you have to make fighters a little more intense nowadays just to keep up. I understand what Rolento means about the dismemeberment. Even though it's been a SamSho staple it seems a bit more graphic now in 3D.

[quote name='Apossum']Fun at the end. as in, once you stop playing it, the fun will commence! LAWOL. burn!

Arcana Heart is puzzling though. it's like Ecole Software said "lets take everything that makes our other fighting game awesome and do the exact opposite!" [/quote]
burn! burn like your companion cube! ohhhh!

alright, enough portal jokes. i didn't even beat it yet.

i don't really care about the all-girl cast. it actually gives me decisions seeing as how i usually pick the hottest chick in a fighting game anyway. and that's before tier-whoring.

[quote name='asianxcore'] Damn all the Arcana Hate :)[/quote]

but honestly.
it feels slow and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll probably win or lose based on time over. an absurd learning curve with no real reward. meh.

now that i think about, how come rumble fish 2 didn't get a console release?
that game was heads and tails above the original...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']new samurai showdown trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30843.html

wow... wtf? dismemberment and blood?
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Well, it's different then cutting Earthquake in half and seeing coins fly out, I'll give ya that.

but watching that trailer makes me want a new Bushido Blade. :(

I had a dream that Arcana Heart 2 came out for 15 dollars and I bought it at Gamestop, but like the reprints of Gitaroo Man and some other games they did, it was labeled as used and had no shrinkwrap but it was a brand new game.

fucking weird ass dreams last night.

I knew everyone was getting more ripped, but...I mean...damn. Looks like Guile's ripples could fly off if he flexes, or something.

Still looking good--maybe this is what SF EX was supposed to be, at least as far as integrating 3D models with 2D gameplay. In that sense, I'm not seeing what makes this game worthy of "IV" yet, however, it still looks like good fun. In a way, it seems like this game is better suited to the title Super Street Fighter II HD than SFIV.

[quote name='gunm']Still looking good--maybe this is what SF EX was supposed to be, at least as far as integrating 3D models with 2D gameplay. In that sense, I'm not seeing what makes this game worthy of "IV" yet, however, it still looks like good fun. In a way, it seems like this game is better suited to the title Super Street Fighter II HD than SFIV.[/QUOTE]

agreed. I'm hoping when we get our hands on playing it that that perspective of ours changes.

Whats up with Ryu's voice actor! Sounds totally different than he does in every other game. Also, Ken's hair makes me cry.

It's still nice to see that there was reason for the game not being shown for a while.

it also sounds like capcom is having problems with XBLA's size limit for SFIIHD and Bionic Commando R. 360 version will have lower rez graphics while PS3's wont be a problem.

Yikes, the new Sam Sho cranked up the violence factor 50x more than the last 2-D version of the game. Some things I noticed that I didn't like were the invisible "walls" that you can pin your opponent again and spam combos. I guess they didn't want to do the "Ring Out" thing Soul Calibur has been doing. Still, I hope the jump to 3-D is successful though right now it's look like it's trying to be the "MK" version of Soul Calibur. With SNK devoting resources to the 3-D version of their franchises, maybe in the future we could see some VS action with Namco's franchises? Soul Calibur vs. Sam Sho?

BTW, just watch the KOF XII trailer... Wow, I like the direction they are going with it. I was thinking it was going to be a 3-D game? Anyway, it looks like the 2-D graphics are finally up to par with Guilty Gear, maybe even more advanced...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it also sounds like capcom is having problems with XBLA's size limit for SFIIHD and Bionic Commando R. 360 version will have lower rez graphics while PS3's wont be a problem.[/QUOTE]Damn. So civilain developers can break the limit for XNA titles, but CAPCOM is forced to cram their title into 150 MB? I hope Microsoft gets their heads out of their asses with the whole size issue.

As excited as I am about the KoF Collection ('94-'98), for me KoF got fun around '96 and on. '98 would definitely be the biggest gem for me but I'm not sure how much time I can invest in it while salivating over KoF '98 UM. I seriously can't wait for that shyte, SNKP. Sadly, SNKP USA has a bad record of getting their shit out on time. Don't reallly care for progressive scan in a game like 98, though.

microsoft has some strict ass stuff for approval. even if you don't want something in your game, you have to have it, that's why you see every xbla game has a "How to Play" and an online component.

[quote name='MadFlava']Yikes, the new Sam Sho cranked up the violence factor 50x more than the last 2-D version of the game. Some things I noticed that I didn't like were the invisible "walls" that you can pin your opponent again and spam combos. I guess they didn't want to do the "Ring Out" thing Soul Calibur has been doing. Still, I hope the jump to 3-D is successful though right now it's look like it's trying to be the "MK" version of Soul Calibur. With SNK devoting resources to the 3-D version of their franchises, maybe in the future we could see some VS action with Namco's franchises? Soul Calibur vs. Sam Sho?

BTW, just watch the KOF XII trailer... Wow, I like the direction they are going with it. I was thinking it was going to be a 3-D game? Anyway, it looks like the 2-D graphics are finally up to par with Guilty Gear, maybe even more advanced...[/quote]

I just realized SamSho vs SC is a great idea. Or if not that include a couple to the SC roster.

As for KOFXII I hear people swear they used 3D graphics for the characters. You really can't tell by the video. I'm guessing it's gonna be way more advanced than GG.

EDIT: Bustauppa - What is that wrestling gif in your sig? It looks ridiculus.

[quote name='bigl523']it looks like homey da clown[/QUOTE]

sig, not avatar...

as for it being 3d, it's not. it's entirely 2d. the sprites are just that damn good looking. plus factor in new shading tech and the whole thing looks "kabowza!"

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']microsoft has some strict ass stuff for approval. even if you don't want something in your game, you have to have it, that's why you see every xbla game has a "How to Play" and an online component.[/QUOTE]The good part of this is that it's pretty much impossible for a developer to just dump an old ROM and sell it as a retro Live title. So Microsoft's tight-assery ends up distinguishing XBLA from the Wii's Virtual Console, in a good way. Best way to illustrate this is the fact that VC gets stuck with an irrelevant SNES port of Super Street Fighter II.

And of course the BAD part of this is when MS decides to be dicks about the XBLA size limit![quote name='Rodimus Donut']EDIT: Bustauppa - What is that wrestling gif in your sig? It looks ridiculus.[/QUOTE]HBK's ridiculously epic selling of Hogan's big boot, from their match at WWE SummerSlam 2005.

bread's done
Back