CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']a KOF MMO would be interesting, but hectic...[/QUOTE]
it wasn't a fighting mmo, more like a lounge room for the fans. well, that's what I picked up from looking at the screenshots.

[quote name='gigan54']it wasn't a fighting mmo, more like a lounge room for the fans. well, that's what I picked up from looking at the screenshots.[/QUOTE]

well, I still think a Fighter MMO would be great and interesting... It would probably only work once online speeds are better... also, when you fight, you would have to fight in special set areas, not out in the open since it would F-up connections for people passing by.

[quote name='gigan54']uhm... no , sorry i should've rephrased that. remember the counter hit message that every character gets when they counter someone's actions.... well that + a good 7 hit combo= 25+% of your life with maxima.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I kinda get get it, but I"m drunk.

sounds like MK Armageddon will have a 4 player mode of some sort... and it'll be online. Though no specifics, Boon keeps on hinting and implying of some sweet 4 player online action... at least watch the latest Gamespot interview and you'll see what I mean. It's actually looking better than I thought since the jumping is alot more likethe 2d MKs...

The MK: DA and Decetion combo system is tired out to me. I mean I know it's MK and it won't be deep but when I was playing Deception I just couldn't stand it anymore. Best thing about the new one is it has everyone.

[quote name='Madskills1182']The MK: DA and Decetion combo system is tired out to me. I mean I know it's MK and it won't be deep but when I was playing Deception I just couldn't stand it anymore. Best thing about the new one is it has everyone.[/QUOTE]

yet I still somehow get all of them the day they come out, only to curse the game a week later...and I'll be getting this one on launch too :oops:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still think a river city ransom or final fight MMO would kick ass... somehow.[/QUOTE]

dont even joke like that

[quote name='Kuma']dont even joke like that[/QUOTE]

If I had the time and attention span to make something like that, I would make it... but oh well >_<

A soul calibur MMO wouldn't be too bad as well, but it probably would be broken like hell.

[quote name='apokalipze2']:puke:[/QUOTE]

you know you want it :lol: EVERY character. custom fatalities. it will all be implemented in that clunky Ed boon way, but still...

I got Deception at launch. But that was right around the same time I got high-speed internet in my house. What happened was I ended up playing UMK3 on MAME, online, far more than MK:D. So I might wait a little for this one, even though I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Personally I wish they would just give you one weapon style and one hand-to-hand style. I never liked switching between three styles to get different sets of basic moves.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If I had the time and attention span to make something like that, I would make it... but oh well >_<

A soul calibur MMO wouldn't be too bad as well, but it probably would be broken like hell.[/QUOTE]

Cervantes FTWL0LZBBQ!!!WTF

I know no one can really say much about this, but is it a good idea to go to this nerdfested competition in orlando?

http://www.thetradesmag.com/

I'd have to spend $30 for going (not including the money wasted on going there), and they'll be having Tekken Tag Tourneys as well as Tekken 5 tourneys... I see it as a way to break my tourney virginity, but I'd though I'd get anyone's opinion here... looks like crap though since it has "halo" in the title...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know no one can really say much about this, but is it a good idea to go to this nerdfested competition in orlando?

http://www.thetradesmag.com/

I'd have to spend $30 for going (not including the money wasted on going there), and they'll be having Tekken Tag Tourneys as well as Tekken 5 tourneys... I see it as a way to break my tourney virginity, but I'd though I'd get anyone's opinion here... looks like crap though since it has "halo" in the title...[/QUOTE]

Seems worthwhile, the prizes seem decent and they say "Custom Made Trophies" which should be good for a laugh if nothing else. I'd definately go if it was in my area.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Seems worthwhile, the prizes seem decent and they say "Custom Made Trophies" which should be good for a laugh if nothing else. I'd definately go if it was in my area.[/QUOTE]

actually I'm guessing most of the money prizes will be used on Smash Bros and Halo... >_< I highly doubt they'd put up the Xbox 360 for the tekken toruney... I'll probably send them a few questions first before I figure out if I'll go or not.

I had this weird dream where DOA had a cross-over with MK and it became the greatest 3D fighting game ever in a UFC/Pride fighting style :cold:

[quote name='B:L']I had this weird dream where DOA had a cross-over with MK and it became the greatest 3D fighting game ever in a UFC/Pride fighting style :cold:[/QUOTE]

that's almost like saying the Hamburgler is the sexiest man allive!...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's almost like saying the Hamburgler is the sexiest man allive!...[/QUOTE]

welll... isnt' he? i mean, who could resist his manly charms? surely not I. I have a poster of the hambuirglar shirtless in my room. T3H H0tZz

ok more MI2 news. k' has this ridiculous counter super that does well over 50% damage, and all he does is taunt at you. surely a new sad way to lose in MI2, joining soiree's surfing command throw. and hyena's level 2 "throw a bunch of duke cards into the air that do minimal damage" attack.

oh yeah armor ralf looks like shit, but isone of hte cheapest characters in the game.he's got that armor defense (duh, as stated in the name) similar to juggernauts' in the vs. series and he doesn't have the argentine backbreaker. all in all, he's a very easy character to sue and is recommended to anybody who doesn't know the game too well (i.e. noobs).

I only need to pass it with 4 more characters in order to unlock all of the profiles, so I'll hopefully get that out of the way by this weekend.

Armor Ralf looks like he's cosplaying as Bowser.

Finally got Street Fighter Anniversery Collection for X-Box, damn that games hard to find. Funny thing is I picked up the Japanese version, but everything is in English, I guess they didn't touch anything. They didn't even change the names, Gouki is still Akuma.

So I'll be online playing that, infact I did pretty good considering the games been out for a long time. I'll be practicing with Hugo and Necro.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Armor Ralf looks like he's cosplaying as Bowser.

Finally got Street Fighter Anniversery Collection for X-Box, damn that games hard to find. Funny thing is I picked up the Japanese version, but everything is in English, I guess they didn't touch anything. They didn't even change the names, Gouki is still Akuma.

So I'll be online playing that, infact I did pretty good considering the games been out for a long time. I'll be practicing with Hugo and Necro.[/QUOTE]

any pics of armor ralf plz? he's one of my favorite KoF characters, so I'm curiouse to see what he looks liek exactly... damn that falcoon.

picture that kid that hangs around ryan from garou only older and with spiked koopa shells for hands...

better yet imagine lucky glauber with a mini fro and said koopa shells. I'll post a pic up as soon as I find one.

edit: well that was quick
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0604/28/news006.html

edit 2: another clark has a rock outfit. haha that's mega badass. also kyo is dressed up as yuki from NGBC, adn another iori has a cool shen woo outfit. also i foudn what is supposed to be a zip containing all of the alternate outfits
http://beyourtruemind.net/media/KOFMI2Costumes.zip
havent' had time to test this out first, but thought I'd share

[quote name='gigan54']picture that kid that hangs around ryan from garou only older and with spiked koopa shells for hands...

better yet imagine lucky glauber with a mini fro and said koopa shells. I'll post a pic up as soon as I find one.

edit: well that was quick
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0604/28/news006.html

edit 2: another clark has a rock outfit. haha that's mega badass. also kyo is dressed up as yuki from NGBC, adn another iori has a cool shen woo outfit. also i foudn what is supposed to be a zip containing all of the alternate outfits
http://beyourtruemind.net/media/KOFMI2Costumes.zip
havent' had time to test this out first, but thought I'd share[/QUOTE]

WTF??? that version of ralf dosn't even make sense? why the hell is he bowsered up and what's with the tan?

also, can anyone tell me what game this is? I would say VF5, but I highly doubt it's that.

EDIT: heres link i forgot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84QxbdCAiE

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']WTF??? that version of ralf dosn't even make sense? why the hell is he bowsered up and what's with the tan?

also, can anyone tell me what game this is? I would say VF5, but I highly doubt it's that.[/QUOTE]
What game what is????

The game isn't VF5. In the uploader's comment section there's this: "Juego coreano tipo tekken." And I bet that means "a Korean game like Tekken."

I've been practicing alot in Street Fighter 3 and decided to watch some matches. I'm sure it's very famous by know but the Daigo vs justinwong match in EVO 2K4 where he pulls off all those parrys against Chun Li's super combo is the most amazing thing in the world. It's one thing to pull it off while practicing, but in a real match, that's awasome. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCacP6lkw9I&search=street fighter 3

I was also wataching combo videos, but most are useless. Like pulling off a fireball at one end of the screen and having it hit mid combo at the other end. It's pretty, but useless.

I hate the Wong/Daigo match so much now. It was electrifying the first few weeks after it happened, but then it just got stupid with someone bringing it up every couple weeks on...uh, damn...GFaqs. Then you go to the arcade and start seeing a lot more people playing 3S, which is cool until you realize they just want to go parry crazy and can't realize other shit went on during that match.

edit: no offense to Rodimus Donut, but I just get pissed whenever someone links to the match. It's like seeing Jordan making the buzzer beater on the Cavs(?). Once in a while is fine, but it's tossed around too much.

I honestly don't find the full parry the most amazing part of that video - Daigo did a lot of awesome things, and it's a shame he's just remembered for the full parry. IMPRESSIVE turtling, great shoryuken xx super, etc. Great match to watch too.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've been practicing alot in Street Fighter 3 and decided to watch some matches. I'm sure it's very famous by know but the Daigo vs justinwong match in EVO 2K4 where he pulls off all those parrys against Chun Li's super combo is the most amazing thing in the world. It's one thing to pull it off while practicing, but in a real match, that's awasome. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCacP6lkw9I&search=street fighter 3

I was also wataching combo videos, but most are useless. Like pulling off a fireball at one end of the screen and having it hit mid combo at the other end. It's pretty, but useless.[/QUOTE]

I like to watch that match every so often just because it has someone else besides Yun/Ken/Chun

Edit: sorry i thought it was the Hugo vs Chun match

everyone knows that parry took sick timing, and the super at the end was the icing. it's a one in a million chance that set up, at such a tense time, will never happen again.

maybe the lowly un-hardcore, non-tournament caliber players don't understand every single last detail of that match...doesn't make it any less amazing. and it's inspiring...no reason to hate on it or downplay it.

a good majority of 3s combo videos on the net are just flashy works of art, not truly intended for match play.. i bet most of the combos you saw involved a near-full stun gauge on the opponent

if you're playing ken, your main combos are like c. lk, c. lk, c. lk xx SA3 or c. mk xx SA3 or s. mp, s. hp

or chun? i guess like c. mk SA2 or c. hp xx ex bird kick

in defense of the daigo parry..

i've got that video on my video ipod and show it to any non-fighting gamers who show me even an inkling of interest in street fighter. i sometimes just show it to random non-gamer friends. everyone i've shown wanted to learn how to play 3s after they saw it (though maybe not as hardcore)

i think what's particularly eye catching, besides the parry itself, is the crowd reaction. for all some non-fighting gamer knows, that parry could be as easy as mashing buttons. but seeing that many people packed into a room that big to watch two people playing street fighter, and going fucking bonkers.. you KNOW some crazy shit just went down.

:)

I was there in person. I have another version of the video where the crowd in the front row was going NUTS and running around hahah.

[quote name='2poor']Geeze they suck. I hate when people play yun because they think they can do the same shit they see in combo videos.[/QUOTE]

I can play Yun at top level *huge loads of sarcasm*

I will always be first to say I suck at 2d fighters, but I try very hard at putting in an effort at getting better.

[quote name='2poor']Geeze they suck. I hate when people play yun because they think they can do the same shit they see in [match] videos.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what we all do. We see some shit we like and we try to X-Copy.

The difference between most players, at least the regular arcade goers I've met with, and the brats on the YouTube vids is that most players understand the limits of their game. Most players might think they're good, but they understand they aren't at the very top level, whereas the brats are just another product of Wong/Daigo.

[quote name='Stice']That's kind of what we all do. We see some shit we like and we try to X-Copy.

The difference between most players, at least the regular arcade goers I've met with, and the brats on the YouTube vids is that most players understand the limits of their game. Most players might think they're good, but they understand they aren't at the very top level, whereas the brats are just another product of Wong/Daigo.[/QUOTE]

*rimshot*

That's true, but I just like trying the stuff out just to see if it's possible if I could do it. I play mostly Ken or Dudley because their movesets are nearly the same, not because of the crazy stuff I see them do in combo videos.

I can't connect Akuma's KKZ combo though! That shit is hella impossible!

Sounds like everyone saw this video years ago, sorry for bringing up such an old topic, but I usually don't care about wataching matches. Most of these videos on Youtube are actually pretty boring to watch, just some pokeing, turtleing, and a well timed super move. And the Combo Videos aren't very practical.

But like Apossum said, the parry was well timed (altough he probably knew it was coming) but the super move at the end was crazy.

Markman - I was kinda thinking you were there.

I play Ibuki, knowing fully that I have little chance of winning against anyone ever :p she does no damage and takes all the damage.

So E3 this week, eh? How about all them new fighters?

*crickets*

so....SFA:Anthology and MI:2 are about it? maybe we'll get a GGSlash announcement from majesco....oh yeah and MK:A.

that's about par-- a capcom rehash, a snk game and an MK game :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I will always be first to say I suck at 2d fighters, but I try very hard at putting in an effort at getting better.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I don't try to pretend I'm great at fighting games. Because I'm not.:lol:

Rolento, we should play each other some time.

Relento might not be good at 2D, but I know he'd woop my but in some Tekken. You got everyone up to Tekken Lords didn't you?

Apossum - I never liked Ibuki's style, but Dudley is the first boxer in fighting game history to actually have an good moves. My Necro's coming along nicely, after a couple hours of training at work and I think I could hold my own online.

Does anyone like to use their crappy characters on people you know you could beat?

If I know I can beat some random guy I would choose Q or Alex. Alex's stomp is freaking amazing at confusing the opponent.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']You got everyone up to Tekken Lords didn't you?
[/QUOTE]

Yep! if you need any proof go to GameFAQs and download my save... My FAQ was a culmination of trying to get everyone to Tekken Lord. It was probably the dmbest/best thign I've done with a fighter because I wasted abotu 3 months leveling everyone >_M

Save File Download Page:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/920588.html

My Arcade Name FAQ:
http://dw.com.com/redir?asid=920588...com/console/ps2/file/tekken_5_arcade_name.txt

also, anyone willing to take me on in a 2d fighter who thinks they suck is welcome to a match against me. Would be a good idea to record the matches just so others can see how horrible it plays out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back