CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='2poor']Does anyone like to use their crappy characters on people you know you could beat?

If I know I can beat some random guy I would choose Q or Alex. Alex's stomp is freaking amazing at confusing the opponent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do. I like Q, cause he's got some awsome moves, but he's tough to use. He's got alot of openings, but he matches Hugo in raw power.

Rolento - I'd download it but I don't have a way to. Do you know of a cheap way to download saved files?

[quote name='2poor']

If I know I can beat some random guy I would choose Q or Alex.[/QUOTE]

I'm a proud Q user. He's my main character in 3s. SAI ftw. I use Alex as well, SAII.

Man, I've been playing a TON of KOFXI lately. I've been going up to the arcade every night to play. My team is Maxima, Shen and Clark (Leader).

I wish I had a KOF XI machine around me. That game looks so crazy. I'll probably import one once I figure out how I want my PSTWO modded.

[quote name='Arikado']I'm a proud Q user. He's my main character in 3s. SAI ftw. I use Alex as well, SAII.

Man, I've been playing a TON of KOFXI lately. I've been going up to the arcade every night to play. My team is Maxima, Shen and Clark (Leader).[/QUOTE]
I've finally caved and decided that I'm going to buy a swap magic and KOF XI - is it worth the $100 or so it'll take to set my PS2 up to play it? I LOVED KOF 2002 and 2003 was great, but the tag system was kind of...cheap.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, I do. I like Q, cause he's got some awsome moves, but he's tough to use. He's got alot of openings, but he matches Hugo in raw power.

Rolento - I'd download it but I don't have a way to. Do you know of a cheap way to download saved files?[/QUOTE]

ummm... I really don't know... I just use a USB drive I got and some MAX drive software I got with my USB cable for my PSP... other than that I don't know.

Out of all the SFIII characters, the only ones I every felt comfortable with (non shoto) had to be Makoto... I enjoyed playing Makoto but it kinda bothered me when I found out she was a girl (almost felt like the whole bridget thing). I still play as her, but she feels very "Boyish". Not to sound sexest or anything... >_

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']

Apossum - I never liked Ibuki's style, but Dudley is the first boxer in fighting game history to actually have an good moves. My Necro's coming along nicely, after a couple hours of training at work and I think I could hold my own online.[/QUOTE]

Dudley is pretty strong. I remember getting juggled like hell in the corner on xbox live by good dudley players. my only solace was Ibuki's sliding kick and her sliding special going under his attacks.

Out of all the SFIII characters, the only ones I every felt comfortable with (non shoto) had to be Makoto... I enjoyed playing Makoto but it kinda bothered me when I found out she was a girl (almost felt like the whole bridget thing). I still play as her, but she feels very "Boyish". Not to sound sexest or anything... >_

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I've finally caved and decided that I'm going to buy a swap magic and KOF XI - is it worth the $100 or so it'll take to set my PS2 up to play it? I LOVED KOF 2002 and 2003 was great, but the tag system was kind of...cheap.[/QUOTE]

KOFXI is well worth the import. The tagging system is refined from '03 and allows you to tag out while you're attacking to continue a combo, tag out while you're getting hit to save your character, or tag out while you're blocking to either save your life or confuse the opponent. These are special tags that require Skill Points, which build up over time. Skill Points are also used for Super Cancels and Dream Cancels. Dream Cancels are done by Leader characters only by cancelling out of a regular super. Regular tagging still has the delay, but doesn't cost you anything.

Overall, the game is awesome. The PS2 port is made even sweeter with the addition of seven characters, which will probably banned from tournament play, but will still be fun to mess around with nonetheless.

I still haven't figured out what the difference between super cancels and dream cancels are. All the videos that explain the game are in japanese, so that hasn't helped much. Is a super cancel a regular move xx super, and dream cancel is super xx super?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I still haven't figured out what the difference between super cancels and dream cancels are. All the videos that explain the game are in japanese, so that hasn't helped much. Is a super cancel a regular move xx super, and dream cancel is super xx super?[/QUOTE]

Super Cancel - Cancelling from a special move into a super.
Dream Cancel - Cancelling from a super into your character's leader super. Before the match, you get to pick which one of your characters you want to be your leader. This grants them access to their leader super and the Dream Cancel.

[quote name='Apossum'] :lol: at the "bridget moment." my friend did the same thing when I pointed out that she has a rather large rack under that gi.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. she has a rack? I'm going to have to relook at her sprite...

EDIT: I guess you're right:

makoto-stance.gif

[quote name='kristianator']no fellow elena players?[/QUOTE]*raises hand* Elena fan over here!

I'm very "casual" but I love me some Third Strike. I have no idea what tier Elena is but I find her very fun to use. I should get a game going on Live real soon. I've been meaning to test out a new board for the X-Arcade anyways (the company sent me a new version of the main board with USB support built in), so I really should get around to that.

[quote name='MarkMan']Vf5 Ps3
Ftw
Ggpo Ms
In Jpn[/QUOTE]

the choice is getting easier and easier. the 360, as of right now, is clearly the sports and FPS system again (aside from the cool XBL arcade games.) not that there's anything wrong with that, but....ps3 and wii will get my cash.

now if only Ninja gaiden 2 and doa 4 would get ported, argh >_

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Relento might not be good at 2D, but I know he'd woop my but in some Tekken. You got everyone up to Tekken Lords didn't you?[/QUOTE]

That is no indication of skill versus human opponents. The guy could be the best damn Tekken player ever, but stomping on the CPU doesn't prove much.

[quote name='BustaUppa']*raises hand* Elena fan over here!

I'm very "casual" but I love me some Third Strike. I have no idea what tier Elena is but I find her very fun to use. I should get a game going on Live real soon. I've been meaning to test out a new board for the X-Arcade anyways (the company sent me a new version of the main board with USB support built in), so I really should get around to that.[/QUOTE]

She's considered mid-tier, not that it matters at all, especially if you're going for XBox live competition.

for those of you with a modded ps2 and have a knack for a smash rbos melee type game, i recommend world fighters.

where else can bomberman team up with optimus prime to take down simon belmont and that guy from adventure island?

the game is mainly for the casual crowd, but it's still a great party game.

i tried to play elena but she just feels so damn weak.

i love f.mk as well as her awesome kara-throw but i have trouble poking. it's so hard to get her hit-confirm EX combo with c.mp off since you can block it high. b.hk is fun though... weird ass properties. it's also hard to parry with her since her standing animation moves around, so you need to remember which foot leads when you get up from crouching, jump, poke, etc.

i've pretty much given up on every character i tried in that game except for chun. =P

[quote name='kainzero']
i've pretty much given up on every character i tried in that game except for chun.[/quote]
Have you tried Urien? I've been playing him for a few months on the super casual level and just recently decided to get his stuff down consistent. He has so much crap to learn and it's all big damage off of one meter or even one EX move in the corner. But those juggles are hard to get off because his launcher is so laggy, which just adds to the fun/challenge and isn't crazy spamming like Yun.

that was interesting how he punched her across the room. reminded me of..AHEManyway, yeah $500 is tough to swallow, but if tekken, Vf, and especially mgs4 are exclusive, I think I'll reserve it tomorrow.

I don't think the $600 model will be necessary for anything but that lame ass karaoke itunes crap :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']PlayStation 3 - 60G HDD Console - $599.99
Game - $59.99
Extra Controller - $49.99

+ CA Sales Tax

=

$764.99

Yep.

fucked up.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I don't care what game is on the system. That is just too much.

[quote name='MarkMan']PlayStation 3 - 60G HDD Console - $599.99
Game - $59.99
Extra Controller - $49.99

+ CA Sales Tax

=

$764.99

Yep.

fucked up.[/QUOTE]

now no one has a reason to be pissed that TDR will be on the PSP :lol:

[quote name='SilverPaw750']QFT. I don't care what game is on the system. That is just too much.[/QUOTE]

there are always ways to bring the price down.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']now no one has a reason to be pissed that TDR will be on the PSP :lol:[/QUOTE]

But now we will be pissed that in order to get Tekken 6 at home we have to shell out that much.

Oh well.

Juts a small complaint from me, still getting one launch day.

[quote name='MarkMan']But now we will be pissed that in order to get Tekken 6 at home we have to shell out that much.

Oh well.

Juts a small complaint from me, still getting one launch day.[/QUOTE]

EB will be taking pre orders tommorow for $50, adn I was headed there tommorow anyway, so I'll be popping down some money. Plus I'll be reserving the DS Lite and a on of other stuff I can't afford yet >_

[quote name='Stice']Have you tried Urien? I've been playing him for a few months on the super casual level and just recently decided to get his stuff down consistent. He has so much crap to learn and it's all big damage off of one meter or even one EX move in the corner. But those juggles are hard to get off because his launcher is so laggy, which just adds to the fun/challenge and isn't crazy spamming like Yun.[/quote]
i don't want to touch charge partitioning with a 10-foot-pole.... but the unblockables look awesome.

i dunno why but... chun is just awesome. =P the only game where i don't play her is ST (and Marvel... but that doesn't really count =P) but that's because there's so many chun whores so everyone knows her tactics. i totally want to learn her in A3 though.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Tekken 6 trailer?[/QUOTE]

it was a 5 second spot in a montage. kinda cool though. I want to see it in full resolution!!

[quote name='Apossum']it was a 5 second spot in a montage. kinda cool though. I want to see it in full resolution!![/QUOTE]

keep your eyes on gametrailers.com since they're slowly adding stuff through the night.

I'm guessing we'll get alot more tekken goodness tommorow since the expo will be open with namco's booth.

Expo won't be open until Wednesday. But I'm sure someone from the industry will snap some shots from the Namco booth, like all previous E3s before lol.

[quote name='MarkMan']Expo won't be open until Wednesday. But I'm sure someone from the industry will snap some shots from the Namco booth, like all previous E3s before lol.[/QUOTE]

damn... oh well, at least I can sit on the new Wii info while I wait. Be sure to put some hand time with TDR for PSP markman (if Tekken 6 is unplayable) and dig in on the new modes.

[quote name='kainzero']i don't want to touch charge partitioning with a 10-foot-pole.... but the unblockables look awesome.

i dunno why but... chun is just awesome. =P the only game where i don't play her is ST (and Marvel... but that doesn't really count =P) but that's because there's so many chun whores so everyone knows her tactics. i totally want to learn her in A3 though.[/QUOTE]

Partitioning is part of the fun of urien though!

You don't need partitioning to play as Urien. It's not that key to his game like hit confirming c.mk is to Chun. Now buffering, that you need to know.

[quote name='Stice']You don't need partitioning to play as Urien. It's not that key to his game like hit confirming c.mk is to Chun. [/quote]I thought it was:???:

Ehh, Itagaki hates Tekken its not the end of the world. Personally, I think the guys always good for a laugh (example)

DOA4 fans: Why is Kasumi dreaming of being a mermaid in her ending, while the other ninja characters are all fighting?

Tomonobu Itagaki: [Laughs]. That's because Kasumi is a princess, and she deserves it.

Like... wtf? Haha.

i'm not the best urien player in the world, but from what i understand, if you're not charge partitioning with him, then you pretty much aren't playing a good urien..

this, of course, doesn't matter if you're just playing casually, but yeah

with elena, i go crazy with the jumps and the b. hk.. it's hard to hit c.mp, and it would be so useful especially with my hi and low mixup game, but i can only resort to it for punishment and then the usual ex qcb kick into ex rhino horn into blah blah blah

but come on now, 4 command overheads, all with different timings, and one of the best kara throw ranges in the game? you gotta love that

Tomonobu Itagaki: As the game was a launch title, it was exhausting to make and I was tired for a while, but after playing DOA4 for the 3 months since its release I have reaffirmed how fun of a game it is

But it wasn't a launch title, at least not in America, plus he refers always to how fun the game is, not very humble is he? He's not like most Japanese developers, I'll give him that. I find it funny when these people interview him, they always kiss his butt. Like if the say something wrong he'll run away to alittle hole in the ground.

And why does he hate Tekken so much? Is it like that with all DOA players to hate Tekken? Apossum, do you hate Tekken?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']ith all DOA players to hate Tekken? Apossum, do you hate Tekken?[/QUOTE]

not at all, I've been playing more Tekken than DoA in the past 5 months. :lol:
I loved 4, but I probably won't own a 360 for a few years, so I kind of resigned as a hardcore doa fan.

that was a fairly useless interview though...2 pages of "what do you think about DoA4" and 1 question about his future projects. pleeeeaaseeeeee NG2 for the ps3.

edit: nevermind, leiji matsumoto doesn't want to kill the u.s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back