CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I am an idiot... I went back to modding my buttons on my psp and I had to reopen it about 5 times due to smudges or dust... I also freaked when my analog stick went crazy, but realized I just needed to shut down my psp instead of puting it on sleep which fixed everything. I do say I had to modify the padding on the Square button because if you mod it with a regular full circle, it feels funny. The buttons don't need to be modded really, but it makes it more comfortable and more responsive if you do. Just be warned, if you aren't careful enough or lousy at keeping clean, it's a bitch to clean the front screen >_< I'm very happy with the end result though... now I have alot to look forward to with TDR :) EWGFs will be a breeze now :)

Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP is an amazing title. I will say this from what I've played with it thus far:

- The graphics are smooth/crisp and do the series justice. The team working on this title did a great job.
- Controls are good, although take some getting used to.
- Load times are a little bit longer than T5 on PS2, but it's not too bad.
- Any other questions feel free to ask, I'm getting sleepy.

Here's some pics:

144474777_f424bbdffa.jpg

First one to try out for the day. Early press pass = good. :)

144474776_9c4fe15c5d.jpg

Their claimed "Development stage"...

144474778_462cfe5526.jpg

Got to chit chat with one of the original Tekken team creators, Haruki Suzaki. Great guy, got to pay my respects to him and Watanabe's team.

I'll post vids when I'm not lazy.

Btw, VF5 is also here at the Sega booth(ARC version), I'll be playing it a bit more tomorrow.

It's pretty much done. That 70% is BS IMO. lol.

Oh yea about network mode VS play, there is slight lag etc. But not that bad.

The dpad isn't bad either, I was able to EWGF still 9/10.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's pretty much done. That 70% is BS IMO. lol.

Oh yea about network mode VS play, there is slight lag etc. But not that bad.

The dpad isn't bad either, I was able to EWGF still 9/10.[/QUOTE]

seeing as I was able to mod my pad already I see it as no real problem anymore trying EWGF on the PSP.

Did you get any time with dojo, ghost mode, or any of the new stuff? I really don't have too many questions since Namco provides alot of info on the game pretty much.

Also, if they have the VF TV at the VF5 booths, try to download some of your matches and upload em here :)

Huge thx MarkMan... I'm kind enviouse you got to meet one of the Tekken creators, but you deserve it very much. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Ha ha, Ed Boon reads my mind! From a few pages back, regarding MK Armadeggon:[quote name='BustaUppa'] Personally I wish they would just give you one weapon style and one hand-to-hand style. I never liked switching between three styles to get different sets of basic moves.[/QUOTE]So just now I read the following:[quote name='MortalKombatOnline.com']Unlike the last fighting game installment of MK, however, there is only one hand-to-hand fighting style and one weapon style per character. This is a logical move, as there are too many characters planned for each one to be able to have two unique fighting styles.[/quote]Awesome! I always thought the 3-style system was too complex for the type of fighter that MK is. Simpler is better in this case.

Now my one remaining MK wish is that UMK3 will be a part of this "Live Anywhere" business. I'll be overjoyed if I can get that on my PC instead of buying a 360. I'm not hating on the 360, it's just that I was close to denying my CAG instincts and springing for one before a price drop, just so I could play official online old-school MK.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Ha ha, Ed Boon reads my mind! From a few pages back, regarding MK Armadeggon:So just now I read the following:Awesome! I always thought the 3-style system was too complex for the type of fighter that MK is. Simpler is better in this case.

Now my one remaining MK wish is that UMK3 will be a part of this "Live Anywhere" business. I'll be overjoyed if I can get that on my PC instead of buying a 360. I'm not hating on the 360, it's just that I was close to denying my CAG instincts and springing for one before a price drop, just so I could play official online old-school MK.[/QUOTE]

yay! I have to say I am with you on the fact that 3 styles were too much. It was annoying to cycle between one style before getting to the one you would want. This, i guess, would make it feel alot more natural.

Itagaki interview... on DOAX2 (the follow up to my favorite Xbox game, and that's not saying much):
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707859p1.html

If you haven't seen the video, go and do so strictly for the boob physiscs. It seems that someone has finally done boobs the way most guys like them (ie. both boobs have seperate physiscs now, unlike all other games with boob physiscs).

sid note: got shaolin monks yesterday and I'll start playing it today... looks nice.

So far no Capcom, Sammy, or SNK news from the show? Or did I just miss it? I saw Phoniex Wright 2 and Resident Evil for Wii, but I'm talking about fighting games. Any news at all?!?!

[quote name='Madskills1182']So far no Capcom, Sammy, or SNK news from the show? Or did I just miss it? I saw Phoniex Wright 2 and Resident Evil for Wii, but I'm talking about fighting games. Any news at all?!?![/QUOTE]

most of the press hasn't even gone into the namco or SNK booths... Nintendo is stealing so much of the show that we're not getting the news we want >_<

I want cardfighters clash now!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']most of the press hasn't even gone into the namco or SNK booths... Nintendo is stealing so much of the show that we're not getting the news we want >_<

I want cardfighters clash now![/QUOTE]

It might be hard to get news we want since all the hype is around the new consoles.

Hey guys, this forum is long as hell, and i don't have the time to go through the whole thing. Was there any news at all for Dark Resurrection to show up on the PS2?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']most of the press hasn't even gone into the namco or SNK booths... Nintendo is stealing so much of the show that we're not getting the news we want >_<

I want cardfighters clash now![/QUOTE]
I'm happy Nintendo is stealing the show though. But yeah we need more coverage on some fighters!!!! And we have heard nothing. Except on SSB which I can't wait for!!

[quote name='jpuma1']Hey guys, this forum is long as hell, and i don't have the time to go through the whole thing. Was there any news at all for Dark Resurrection to show up on the PS2?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I feel like everybody dosn't want to hear me when I say: No Tekken DR for PS2. It will never happen. tell everyone so that everyone knows :)

if anything, Tekken 6 will make up for people's complaints (other than the price tag).

someone though happened to care about fighters at E3

http://pspupdates.qj.net/E3-Tekken-5-Dark-Resurrection-Impressions/pg/49/aid/38174

here's a downloadable TDR trailer:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Tekken-5-Dark-Resurrection-E3-Trailer/pg/49/aid/37871

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I feel like everybody dosn't want to hear me when I say: No Tekken DR for PS2. It will never happen. tell everyone so that everyone knows :)
[/QUOTE]

How do you know? Was it confirmed by someone at Namco? Even then, that's not always 100% accurate... Rockstar ported their GTA game over to PS2 and after saying it would stay on PSP.

[quote name='Roufuss']How do you know? Was it confirmed by someone at Namco? Even then, that's not always 100% accurate... Rockstar ported their GTA game over to PS2 and after saying it would stay on PSP.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, but thus far, there's no way of it happening. When it gets announced (if it does) it will be known by most. So far the chances are slim, very slim. I know it can happen, but I am just pointing out what is known so far.

[quote name='Madskills1182']So far no Capcom, Sammy, or SNK news from the show? Or did I just miss it? I saw Phoniex Wright 2 and Resident Evil for Wii, but I'm talking about fighting games. Any news at all?!?![/QUOTE]

I asked a page back if anyone knew if Sammy vs Capcom got cancelled. I did some research and found a couple articles that it did, but I hope it's not true.

EDIT:

The reason to spend $600 for a PS3:
tekken64.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I asked a page back if anyone knew if Sammy vs Capcom got cancelled. I did some research and found a couple articles that it did, but I hope it's not true.

EDIT:

The reason to spend $600 for a PS3:
tekken64.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol: scary! I was just about to post the same pic... Namco knows how to do some good fanservice...

Nice seeing you at E3 B:L, always a pleasure bro. GGs in Tekken: Dark Lagsurrection. lol. 3 wins MarkMan, 0 B:L. I'm glad there was no SC III there cause you'd destroy me T.T

We can play Virtua Fighter 5 though if you'd like on Friday. :)

I have another important meeting with Namco tomorrow... I'll try to get some juice out of them. BTW. Some information. While Virtua Fighter may not be playable on the PS3 on the show floor. Behind closed doors at the Sega booth it was playable and it looks so fuckin' amazing. The graphics are wonderful and I couldn't tell the difference between it and the arcade.

PS3 controller = Sex.

I still stand by saying Wii > 360 > PS3 for the E3 show though. Overall.

One more day.

Feet don't fail me now.

..and so we find out

alpha anthology?

NON-arcade perfect

GGPO sim users

where's our street fighter vi, dammit

i don't care if it has leon, dante, rockman, onimusha or viewtiful joe in it.. just please make it, capcom

or at least another vs. game

i'd even be happy with cfe2

please?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know what you mean, but thus far, there's no way of it happening. When it gets announced (if it does) it will be known by most. So far the chances are slim, very slim. I know it can happen, but I am just pointing out what is known so far.[/quote]

one can only hope, one can only hope. thanks for the

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know what you mean, but thus far, there's no way of it happening. When it gets announced (if it does) it will be known by most. So far the chances are slim, very slim. I know it can happen, but I am just pointing out what is known so far.[/quote]

one can only hope, one can only hope. thanks

one can only hope, one can only hope. thanks for

one can only hope, one can only hope. thanks for the info

whoa quarduple (sp?) post. jpuma, just hit the submit button once.

it's nice to see a new face in this thread, so welcome aboard!

hmm... will SFA anthology's SFA3l be arcade perfect and will not include any of the extra characters and modes? I'm a bit disappointed in that seeing as how the dreamcast version rocked, and the gba added a few new characters to the mix. maybe they can include it in anyways. i mean, the japanese darkstalkers collection has like what, 5 games in it? why wouldn't they include the souped up version of SFA3 as well?

ah, I answered my own question.... it's because they're capcom.

I'm a little saddened by the lack of fighter coverage these past few days. hopefully markman and/or B:L can change that for us;)

[quote name='gigan54']I'm a little saddened by the lack of fighter coverage these past few days. hopefully markman and/or B:L can change that for us;)[/quote]...WHAT fighters? :cry:

Oh, there's a Tekken 6 trailer, which ends up with Devil Jin blasting everything while Hwoarang and Lili (why is she there?) looking on.

Then there's Tekken 5:DR on PSP, which while decent for a handheld, still has jaggies and an "off" system. It might just be me, but it feels like the console itself has input lag, or there's hidden lag that causes combos to miss when they should hit (or maybe frames were cut?). Too early to tell.

VF5 is a very fast paced game. Too systematic for me though, and it feels like either Jacky is slowed down or he shouldn't try to trade hits with monkey girl Eileen. It looks stunning.

Naruto...Dragon Ball...BLEH.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon...ROFL. Well, it's the same old, same old, with only two styles per character this time, hand-to-hand and weapon. Kreate a Kombatant doesn't feel as great as SCIII's Create a Soul, but it should do the job.

I tried to "talk" to who I believe is Itagaki, but apparently he fears muchly, because he chain-smokes what can only be described as "anti-DOA repellent". A cloud of unpenetrable thick smoke follows him wherever he goes. It's damn ninja.

[quote name='gigan54']whoa quarduple (sp?) post. jpuma, just hit the submit button once.

it's nice to see a new face in this thread, so welcome aboard!
[/quote]

It's funny, cause i did hit the button only once, and was like WTF? :shock:

glad to be back, though. i took a three month break off the forums.

[quote name='B:L']...WHAT fighters? :cry:

Oh, there's a Tekken 6 trailer, which ends up with Devil Jin blasting everything while Hwoarang and Lili (why is she there?) looking on.

Then there's Tekken 5:DR on PSP, which while decent for a handheld, still has jaggies and an "off" system. It might just be me, but it feels like the console itself has input lag, or there's hidden lag that causes combos to miss when they should hit (or maybe frames were cut?). Too early to tell.

VF5 is a very fast paced game. Too systematic for me though, and it feels like either Jacky is slowed down or he shouldn't try to trade hits with monkey girl Eileen. It looks stunning.

Naruto...Dragon Ball...BLEH.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon...ROFL. Well, it's the same old, same old, with only two styles per character this time, hand-to-hand and weapon. Kreate a Kombatant doesn't feel as great as SCIII's Create a Soul, but it should do the job.

I tried to "talk" to who I believe is Itagaki, but apparently he fears muchly, because he chain-smokes what can only be described as "anti-DOA repellent". A cloud of unpenetrable thick smoke follows him wherever he goes. It's damn ninja.[/QUOTE]

:lol: you summed it up nicely. I'm just pissed most of the press covered too much nintendo and forgot to cover the titles I really wanted to know about like Card Fighters Clash.. >_< damn you media!

does anyone know if Falcoon showed up again this year and/or signed posters? im hoping my friend would pick one up for me

[quote name='gigan54']\

hmm... will SFA anthology's SFA3l be arcade perfect and will not include any of the extra characters and modes? I'm a bit disappointed in that seeing as how the dreamcast version rocked, and the gba added a few new characters to the mix. maybe they can include it in anyways. i mean, the japanese darkstalkers collection has like what, 5 games in it? why wouldn't they include the souped up version of SFA3 as well?

[/QUOTE]

these are the same people who put SF2: Turbo on Xbox live. Not Super SF2, not Super SF2: Turbo, just plain old Sf2:Turbo. Capcom can be awfully cheap at times, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those times...

[quote name='Apossum']these are the same people who put SF2: Turbo on Xbox live. Not Super SF2, not Super SF2: Turbo, just plain old Sf2:Turbo. Capcom can be awfully cheap at times, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those times...[/QUOTE]

from the looks of it, and after watching the new trailer, it sure seems like SFAA will be very bare bones... They haven't shown anything outside of the games, and the press seems to say that there's nothing other than the games. I do think the US cover art is great, even though its a slightly modified version of the japanese cover.

[quote name='Apossum']these are the same people who put SF2: Turbo on Xbox live. Not Super SF2, not Super SF2: Turbo, just plain old Sf2:Turbo. Capcom can be awfully cheap at times, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those times...[/QUOTE]

the 360 one? thats going to be hyper fighting

[quote name='Kuma']the 360 one? thats going to be hyper fighting[/QUOTE]

i guess the official name of the arcade was SF2:Turbo - Hyper Fighting, but they shortened it.

Markman-- nice pic :drool: she wins indeed.

So all SNK had to show at E3 was:
KOF 2006 (But in 3D like max impact)
Metal Slug Anthology
Metal Slug (GBA)
SNK vs Capcom CFC2

kathy FTW!!

snk had a poor showing this year imo. they could've at elast showcased some of their older or import titles to play. it worked for capcom a few years back.(they had a few cabinets with MVC 1 and 2, SVC1 and 2, and SF2. also,

I also recall snk giving out lots of food to everybody when i went (sandwiches, chips and soda). I think I went in 2003. I was underage and in my senior year in high school ;). it's amazing how growing facial hair for a few weeks can make me look 24.

In SSBM is there a reliable way to get samus's grappling hook glitched? I can't seem to do it consecutively.

[quote name='Apossum']broken link...can't find it anywhere else.

and egad, that devil jin model is fugly.[/QUOTE]

link works for me...

the models are super early in development, so don't expect them to look amazing yet. give them time to work on 50% more of the game and It'll look good.

I just happened to notice as well that Ed Boon has some very good taste in fighters, even though his latest mortal kombats aren't as good as the oldies... he basiclly likes what I like.. watch the interview with him: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2464

[quote name='2poor']In SSBM is there a reliable way to get samus's grappling hook glitched? I can't seem to do it consecutively.[/QUOTE]

What I do is tap Z, then hit up-left-down-right on the d-pad really quickly, and then tap z again when the whip comes back, and it should shoot at as the glitched version

works 100% of the time for me

[quote name='jimfoley16']What I do is tap Z, then hit up-left-down-right on the d-pad really quickly, and then tap z again when the whip comes back, and it should shoot at as the glitched version

works 100% of the time for me[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to get that to work. I guess I'm not fast enough.

[quote name='2poor']I can't seem to get that to work. I guess I'm not fast enough.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you must not be fast enough because I do it the same way as stated above and it works 100% of the time for me to.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']link works for me...

the models are super early in development, so don't expect them to look amazing yet. give them time to work on 50% more of the game and It'll look good.
[/QUOTE]

got it to work now...

nah, I was expecting amazing and Namco totally dropped the ball. I'm so let down. I don't know if I'll make it through the night. :p j.k.

I'm glad post-apocalyptica is back in style.

The actual video that was shown is not what Tekken 6 is going to look like. Series creator stated that it was merely a tech demo that was used to demonstrate some of the PS3 power. The final product is noted to be very high quality and will look way better than the tech demo shown this year.

i'll make sure to put a huge, obvious disclaimer next time cause I was really really just kidding. I will not die on account of a cam-shot trailer, nor am I that judgmental. i'll try to remember to not threaten the sacredness of tekken anymore. :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']i'll make sure to put a huge, obvious disclaimer next time cause I was really really just kidding. I will not die on account of a cam-shot trailer, nor am I that judgmental. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

anywho, here's a youtube of the same video for those who wannawatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYibjEtRDL4

also, Apossum, you care at all about the new DoAX2? It's the only xbox game I really got into for a long ass time and actually cared about. Saying that, DoAX2 is the only game I've seen for the 360 that I have cared about.

I'm not a big fan of Xbv, but if x2 has 4 player volleyball, I'll be all over it. I'll buy it eventually regardless. Itagaki said something about basically copying wave race for the jetski part, so that's also pretty hopeful.

but i am jonesing for the new IP and NG2 of course. they need to start releasing more than 1 game a year >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back