CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Apossum']I'm not a big fan of Xbv, but if x2 has 4 player volleyball, I'll be all over it. I'll buy it eventually regardless. Itagaki said something about basically copying wave race for the jetski part, so that's also pretty hopeful.

but i am jonesing for the new IP and NG2 of course. they need to start releasing more than 1 game a year >__<

The wave race part sounds badass though... I say Ed Boon and Itagaki team up to make Dead or Kombat...? :lol:

Mortal or Alive? no, waitaminute ;-)

just send Ed boon's designers on over. after they introduced "3 kombo breakers per match" I lost my last shred of hope for his ability to make 3D fighters. :lol: but i guess the aim for MK isn't to be deep, just fun.

sucks about 2 player vb. 2 on 2 matches, 4 people on the court...seems pretty obvious. i'd love to hear his explanation for not including it.

[quote name='Apossum']
sucks about 2 player vb. 2 on 2 matches, 4 people on the court...seems pretty obvious. i'd love to hear his explanation for not including it.[/QUOTE]

I think he said it wouldn't keep the same type of fun or something...???

mark, are you going to the svgl dr tourney on june 3rd?

i've never played tekken or any 3d games in a big tourney before, but i might hit this one up

I use Mame 32 Plus and like it. don't forget the bios or you'll end up like me, wondering for days why it won't recognize neo-geo games :p

[quote name='gigan54']interview ith snkp usa's president ben herman
http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2684&pg=1&comments=

edit: it's the one that smmm (how many m's?) posted in another thread. stupid me didn't really realize it until it was too late.

edit 2:...wi-fi enabled card fighters... thank you snk!![/QUOTE]

sweet baby monkey milk! wifi cardfighter! yes!!!

I also like the idea of a physical card game... that would be worth wasting money on :)

so my folks just moved and I've been helping out with unpacking and found two awesome figures-- the hasbro g.i. joe style Goro and Johnny Cage figures. Goro is mint, but Johnny cage's head is burned. Brought back some memories-- a friend and I pulled a fatality on Cage some time in 7th grade. :lol:

MVC-001S.jpg

[quote name='Madskills1182']Which version is the superior version?[/QUOTE]

they both basically do the same stuff, have the same filters. if you plan on collecting every single arcade game ever, there will be some differences in compatibility. There won't be any difference that I know of with fighting games, except everyone uses 64 on Kaillera.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sweet baby monkey milk! wifi cardfighter! yes!!!

I also like the idea of a physical card game... that would be worth wasting money on :)[/QUOTE]

there actually was a physical card game for the last batch. I remember seeing a complete deck of cards online a few years back. they looked almost exactly the same as in the NGPC except that below the character portrait had the name of the character and any listed special abilities (like terry had that burn knuckle ability or whatever the hell it was called.... the one that made him not enter freeze phase.

I foresee a horde of yashiro and akuma cards being used by everybody online. call it a hunch

[quote name='gigan54']there actually was a physical card game for the last batch. I remember seeing a complete deck of cards online a few years back. they looked almost exactly the same as in the NGPC except that below the character portrait had the name of the character and any listed special abilities (like terry had that burn knuckle ability or whatever the hell it was called.... the one that made him not enter freeze phase.

I foresee a horde of yashiro and akuma cards being used by everybody online. call it a hunch[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah, I'm guessng (and hoping) they will balance alot of the problems out from the first one. At least the upgraded version for the NGPC fixed alot of the problems... plus, I'm still hunting for that version.

@Apossum: A freind of mine years ago (the snes and genesis years) had a complete collection of those MK figures as well as the Street Fighter ones of the same model type.. I miss them :(

ryu3.jpg
ken2.jpg

[quote name='gigan54']i have an alternate color guile g.i. joe figure lying around. that thing is awesome.[/QUOTE]

The Ryu and Ken figures were perfect for hurricane kicks :lol:

the hair on the guile was amazing, and the stomach on E. Honda is a wonder!

seems this is a cardfighters press release sheet or something...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/games/cf-fly_small.jpg

and has anyone ever gotten to play this horrible game?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/games/ffrevenge.html

Neat action figures. Maybe we should have an action figure posing thread. Dedicated to fatalities.

Found this on Magic Box:

- SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman mentioned the company's future plans:

Developers are looking into how to use the Wii controller in Metal Slug Anthology
Metal Slug 6 will not be included in Metal Slug Anthology, however the game will likely appear in a Nintendo platform, because 2D games are not suitable for PS3 or Xbox 360
Sony has rejected a number of their 2D projects for PS2, because they do not correspond to the graphic standard
Metal Slug for GBA is a port of the first title in the series, coming out in September 2006
SNK Playmore does not plan to release future titles for Xbox
Wii will receive the most software support from SNK Playmore
The PS2 shooter Twinkle Star Sprites will not be published in US because there's no market for the genre

Looks like SNK is going with Nintendo, so fanboys are gonna have to pick up a Wii.

And to anyone intrested I have a Ryu, Guile, Bison, and Blanka G.I. Joe action figure. I'll post a picture later of Guile, he looks funny.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Found this on Magic Box:

- SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman mentioned the company's future plans:

Looks like SNK is going with Nintendo, so fanboys are gonna have to pick up a Wii.

And to anyone intrested I have a Ryu, Guile, Bison, and Blanka G.I. Joe action figure. I'll post a picture later of Guile, he looks funny.[/QUOTE]

all that was taken from an interview done with Ben Herman posted last week on cag... but interesting news none the less.

he looks like grumpy with a flat-top. i remember doing countless somersault kicks against all my other toys with him. damn, now i need to find him and make him grab my b. jenet's ass or something.

edit:
looks like rodimus just got scorch'd

chunli.jpg

:lol:

i hadn't actually opened the other thread, so thanks for the digest Rodimus :) I hope all the 2-d goodness goes on the Wii.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']

And to anyone intrested I have a Ryu, Guile, Bison, and Blanka G.I. Joe action figure. I'll post a picture later of Guile, he looks funny.[/QUOTE]
Only thing bad with this news is for fighters. For Metal Slug and Shooters the Wii controller could work. Fighters def not. Unless they use the retro style controller.

of course they'll use the retro one. that d-pad looks blister-licious though.

[quote name='Apossum']of course they'll use the retro one. that d-pad looks blister-licious though.[/QUOTE]

really? in some videos it looked comfy, but I don't know... the d-pad is basiclly the same as the DS lite.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']really? in some videos it looked comfy, but I don't know... the d-pad is basiclly the same as the DS lite.[/QUOTE]

just looks like it'll be a struggle to hit those diagonals, but I haven't touched a lite yet.

started stocking up on cube titles for the wii-- picking up ikaruga tomorrow, MGS:TS and (on topic) considering CvS 2, if only for my collection.

An up close look at the The Wii's normal-ish controller. Not too shabby looking for fighters, better than the Gamecube controller.

wii_standard_controller.jpg

And isn't it true that you can use your old Gamecube controllers? Maybe untrue, just a rumor maybe.

Sorry for the SNK triple post, I thought it was new.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']An up close look at the The Wii's normal-ish controller. Not too shabby looking for fighters, better than the Gamecube controller.

wii_standard_controller.jpg

And isn't it true that you can use your old Gamecube controllers? Maybe untrue, just a rumor maybe.

Sorry for the SNK triple post, I thought it was new.[/QUOTE]

it's been confirmed that GC controllers do work with the Wii, but so far it's only known that it works for GC games.

Good stuff, but not too practical because it's hard to parry the aegis as well as Urien's attacks. Then again, when you have no health you might as well try.

I remember Valle parried the unblockable setup in one of the Ranbats.

For any Rival School fans, the first issue of the comic FINALLY released today. It's $4.95 and there are two diffrent covers. I didn't get a chance to read it yet. It is in blak and white which is kind of dissappointing. But overall the art is nice.

[quote name='Madskills1182']For any Rival School fans, the first issue of the comic FINALLY released today. It's $4.95 and there are two diffrent covers. I didn't get a chance to read it yet. It is in blak and white which is kind of dissappointing. But overall the art is nice.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to swing by my comic shop sometime this week... been waiting 2 years for it...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll have to swing by my comic shop sometime this week... been waiting 2 years for it...[/QUOTE]
One of the shops by me did not get any. The other only got in a few of Cover B and about 7 of cover A. Hopefully it says well though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll have to swing by my comic shop sometime this week... been waiting 2 years for it...[/QUOTE]

I have to go today because hopefully the dipshits at my local shop got a restock of Civil War #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back