CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Pelican has a system selector. I'm not an expert on theirs, but in general, system selectors will degrade the signal a bit... with the old Mad Catz one that I had, it absolutely raped the signal and really hurt the video quality. I'm pretty sure that the best option is to get a good AV receiver, but those can be pretty damn expensive.... hmm... I'd at least see if Pelican has anything first since they might have improved the quality of system selectors since I used them.

eh, as long as we're on the topic... is there a decent alternative to the official Nintendo component cables? I'm using composite right now and I really wanna step up to something decent... but I don't want to blow a lot of money because the Wii's just around the corner so I can use the component out on that.

markmen, just a quick question:

for dragunov, what are his best pokes? I'm trying to learn him and will most likely have him as my secondary. I also would like to know a few moves that combo well.

I love everything about him so far other than me wishing he had either a ground throw, a fake out to ground throw, or both.

Dragunov really isn't a pokey type character at high level. Here are some good/safe strings to use though. b+4,2(leaves you in FC afterwards), 2,1(finishing with 3 sometimes if your opponent isn't aware).

d/f+1 is good, so is f+2,4 and f+2>4. u/f+4 is a safe juggle starter and can lead to huge damage. It's just a little slow. b+1+2 is good too. d/f+3 and d/b+3 are decent. If they hit CH you get excellent damage.

As for juggles... here's what he has.

To punish whiffs/crush highs, do QCF+2, u/f+4, d+4,4, d+4,1,3... Excellent damage.

d/f+2, 2,1,3, d+4,1,3 is a staple from his regular launch. You can also do d/f+2, 2,1, 1, 1,3,2. If you get a wall stun from carrying them through the juggle. 1,2,1 is good but it's not as consistent as d+4,1,3.

[quote name='MarkMan']Dragunov really isn't a pokey type character at high level. Here are some good/safe strings to use though. b+4,2(leaves you in FC afterwards), 2,1(finishing with 3 sometimes if your opponent isn't aware).

d/f+1 is good, so is f+2,4 and f+2>4. u/f+4 is a safe juggle starter and can lead to huge damage. It's just a little slow. b+1+2 is good too. d/f+3 and d/b+3 are decent. If they hit CH you get excellent damage.

As for juggles... here's what he has.

To punish whiffs/crush highs, do QCF+2, u/f+4, d+4,4, d+4,1,3... Excellent damage.

d/f+2, 2,1,3, d+4,1,3 is a staple from his regular launch. You can also do d/f+2, 2,1, 1, 1,3,2. If you get a wall stun from carrying them through the juggle. 1,2,1 is good but it's not as consistent as d+4,1,3.[/QUOTE]

huge thanks :)

I personally love dragunov's ground game, even though overall he is a little lacking. Probably due to being such a new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back