CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']:cry:

That sucks. I enjoyed the issues of Darkstalkers I have. I hadn't seen the Rival Schools yet.[/QUOTE]

ie. the Darkstalkers comics I traded you. Yeah, they were pretty nice actually, but oh well... I'm more sad for Rival Schools though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ie. the Darkstalkers comics I traded you. Yeah, they were pretty nice actually, but oh well... I'm more sad for Rival Schools though.[/quote]

Yep.

I am more sad for Rival Schools too.

Man, and I just fired up some Project Justice yesterday too. I still can't believe that at least an OVA hasn't come out in Japan for Rival Schools. I mean, it has almost all the conventions that are popular in anime right now. School setting, wacky characters, fanservice potential, fighting....

The Nightwarriors/Darkstalkers OVA was pretty damn good IMO. Much better than the SFII V TV series.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yep.

I am more sad for Rival Schools too.

Man, and I just fired up some Project Justice yesterday too. I still can't believe that at least an OVA hasn't come out in Japan for Rival Schools. I mean, it has almost all the conventions that are popular in anime right now. School setting, wacky characters, fanservice potential, fighting....

The Nightwarriors/Darkstalkers OVA was pretty damn good IMO. Much better than the SFII V TV series.[/QUOTE]

humbly agreed.

hmm... Play-Asia's Melty Blood description is up and apparently, the game has 2 new characters in the Playstation 2 version that weren't in the arcade... and the characters from ReAct that weren't in AC are also added into the PS2 version. There's also now a survival mode, training mode, special mode, and PS2 Original mode... no details given on those, but I'd assume that PS2 original mode is like the arrange mode of KOF XI where there's some more balancing done and new stages and stuff.

[quote name='MarkMan']Innovation also has built in VMU/Keyboard support.[/QUOTE]

Where can I get one of these? Can't seem to find them on Ebay.

On another note, I can't wait for Melty Blood: Act Cadenza :) Thanks for the details Chacrana

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The Nightwarriors/Darkstalkers OVA was pretty damn good IMO. Much better than the SFII V TV series.[/quote]But no fighting game anime can surpass the genius that is known only as...

Virtua Fighter. English dub.

[quote name='asianxcore']Where can I get one of these? Can't seem to find them on Ebay.

On another note, I can't wait for Melty Blood: Act Cadenza :) Thanks for the details Chacrana[/QUOTE]

I dunno if it's the same one MarkMan has, but here you go. Supposedly works for Saturn pads too.

Just a quick little rant even though I know it has been talked about already, but I can't stand all the E Honda players on live. I mean occasionally you will run into someone that can really play as him but the others....what the fuck. How does anybody get any joy out of playing like that. Same thing goes for some of the people that use Bison. Wow. I was getting pretty frustruated last night.

[quote name='DomLando']Just a quick little rant even though I know it has been talked about already, but I can't stand all the E Honda players on live. I mean occasionally you will run into someone that can really play as him but the others....what the fuck. How does anybody get any joy out of playing like that. Same thing goes for some of the people that use Bison. Wow. I was getting pretty frustruated last night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people were abusing the shit out of Bison's Psycho Crusher this morning. They were talking shit too which was probably the worst part. I basically just blocked it though and stayed on the other side of the screen until they were ready to try and legitimately attack me... at which time I devastated them. In a fight with a particularly annoying trash talker, I just yelled "fuck YOU" over the mic when I killed him with a perfect.

Mature? No. But it was awesome.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, people were abusing the shit out of Bison's Psycho Crusher this morning. They were talking shit too which was probably the worst part. I basically just blocked it though and stayed on the other side of the screen until they were ready to try and legitimately attack me... at which time I devastated them. In a fight with a particularly annoying trash talker, I just yelled "fuck YOU" over the mic when I killed him with a perfect.

Mature? No. But it was awesome.[/quote]Must've been hilarious:lol:

Btw I still haven't played most of you. I use Ryu and Chunners so I don't spam honda heabutts

[quote name='evanft']Vids, people! I need amusing vids of this, dammit![/QUOTE]

this is the closest I've found to it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynVA7wxeGbc[/media]

lol... I love sucky Hondas...

I can't believe how stupid some of them are, just doing the slaps even though they're eating fireballs. WTF.

seeing that video reminded me of RR's jackie chan quote.

man that was a terrible fight. I hope they're not all like that.

[quote name='gigan54']seeing that video reminded me of RR's jackie chan quote.

[/quote]

You sure you don't mean the quote I have?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You sure you don't mean the quote I have?[/QUOTE]

d'oh! I got your signatures mixed up. my bad.

[quote name='gigan54']d'oh! I got your signatures mixed up. my bad.[/quote]

No problem. I went back looking at RR's sig and thought it might have been a case of mistaken sig-dentity. :lol:

[quote name='gigan54']man that was a terrible fight. I hope they're not all like that.[/quote]They're pretty much all like that.

Except this one forgot to DISCONNECT. :bomb:

[quote name='B:L']They're pretty much all like that.

Except this one forgot to DISCONNECT. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

lol QFT

But yo, anyone else from CAG play SF2 frequently? Me, LobsterJohnson and RelentlessRolento have played SF2 quarter matches 2 or 3 times together and we've had alot of fun. Some of you guys besides Chacrana (alreay have him on my friends list) need to hit me up so that you can get in on it with us.

[quote name='jimfoley16']lol QFT

But yo, anyone else from CAG play SF2 frequently? Me, LobsterJohnson and RelentlessRolento have played SF2 quarter matches 2 or 3 times together and we've had alot of fun. Some of you guys besides Chacrana (alreay have him on my friends list) need to hit me up so that you can get in on it with us.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for it, but i dont' have a 360. If you have MAME though, I can play with that?;)

Honda = free win. I should change my gamertag to that :lol:

I'm gonna hop on in SF2 in a half hour. I despise the presentation and all the stupid little problems, but I'm having a lot of fun with this game :D

midnight? I'll probably go on. Skies of Arcadia might prevent that from happening, but I played 3 hours of that straight so I guess I should play something else now...

[quote name='Chacrana']midnight? I'll probably go on. Skies of Arcadia might prevent that from happening, but I played 3 hours of that straight so I guess I should play something else now...[/QUOTE]

I'll put in a few, Futurama's on at 1 I think. oh and last night's Aqua teen and Moral Orel both blew my mind :rofl:

[quote name='Apossum']I'll put in a few, Futurama's on at 1 I think. oh and last night's Aqua teen and Moral Orel both blew my mind :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be off by 1 simply because I don't wanna end up oversleeping (I hate waking up late because I feel like a lazy bastard.) And Moral Orel... wow. WOW. Boundries are nonexistant in that show. Aqua Teen was great, but that show is always great so it doesn't stand out as much... I need to buy the damn DVDs because I never get sick of that.

[quote name='jimfoley16']lol QFT

But yo, anyone else from CAG play SF2 frequently? Me, LobsterJohnson and RelentlessRolento have played SF2 quarter matches 2 or 3 times together and we've had alot of fun. Some of you guys besides Chacrana (alreay have him on my friends list) need to hit me up so that you can get in on it with us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm constantly going back to SFII off and on through my days since it's a quick way to enjoy myself. Good UNO games though ;)

looks like I won't be on live cause somethings up with my computer...I patch my 360 to my laptop to use it's wireless hookup. it says "Limited to no connectivity" on my LAN hookup. I dunno what's up with that. it won't renew my IP either :\

[quote name='Apossum']looks like I won't be on live cause somethings up with my computer...I patch my 360 to my laptop to use it's wireless hookup. it says "Limited to no connectivity" on my LAN hookup. I dunno what's up with that. it won't renew my IP either :\[/QUOTE]

Awww... well, I did play some ranked matches and apparently, all the bad SFII players are on after midnight because I won 6 matches in a row (I quit while I was ahead.) Definitely helped boost my self esteem more than playing against you would've :lol:

I gotta get better.

I play SF too, just not lately. I've only played vs RR so far. Whenever I'm on my 360 I've been playing the Dead Rising demo lolol.

Tekken 5.0 on the side too -_- !

[quote name='MarkMan']I play SF too, just not lately. I've only played vs RR so far. Whenever I'm on my 360 I've been playing the Dead Rising demo lolol.

Tekken 5.0 on the side too -_- ![/QUOTE]

you need to be on more. I've been getting a ton of play with fellow CAGs here and you'd be more than welcome to a quarter match.

Me and RR are undefeated in Partners Uno!! CAG WORLD BRING IT!

But yeah - me, RR, LobsterJohnson and Chacrana were talking about hosting a SF2 CAG tournament today, and were discussing what to give for a prize. Would you think everyone would rather see something like a prize package, made up of things like posters, action figures, and videogame related scwag (all new and unopened) or maybe like 1 20 dollar game as the prize? Something like PDZ, RR6 or Kameo.

Oh man, I'd love to get in on this SF2 action. Quarter matches sound so enticing... gah, the 360 is calling my name but I must hold out and save some money. I'll probably break when UMK3 comes out (which is why I kinda hope they keep pushing it back, lol).

[quote name='jimfoley16']Me and RR are undefeated in Partners Uno!! CAG WORLD BRING IT!

But yeah - me, RR, LobsterJohnson and Chacrana were talking about hosting a SF2 CAG tournament today, and were discussing what to give for a prize. Would you think everyone would rather see something like a prize package, made up of things like posters, action figures, and videogame related scwag (all new and unopened) or maybe like 1 20 dollar game as the prize? Something like PDZ, RR6 or Kameo.[/QUOTE]

I'd be very into it. Did you guys find a way to make a room in SF2??

the only thing I'm wondering is how we would handle connection drop outs. Chacrana is my witness, he knows my connection sucks ass and can drop out a couple times an hour. This was on DoA4 though. It's only dropped out twice on SF2, so it may not happen.

You guys make me want to buy a 360. :D

Only problem is, I don't have an HDTV, just a 3 year-old 27" Philips television.

My sister, on the other hand, who lives with us. Has a 40" LCD HDTV, and a 360. :(

[quote name='yukine']You guys make me want to buy a 360. :D

Only problem is, I don't have an HDTV, just a 3 year-old 27" Philips television.

My sister, on the other hand, who lives with us. Has a 40" LCD HDTV, and a 360. :([/QUOTE]

I'm playing on a commadore screen actually and it looks fine. no joke.

as for the contest, I'll continue looking for possible prize ideas. I'm sure we'll figure out something in the end. So far the best ideas I think we've come up with is either a 360 game or MS Points.

[quote name='yukine']You guys make me want to buy a 360. :D

My sister, on the other hand, who lives with us. Has a 40" LCD HDTV, and a 360. :([/QUOTE]

You DO realize you can just get SFAC and play it on Live on the original Xbox, right?

I was in a quarter match lobby the other night with a few of you guys, but I got dropped due to connection problems. Send me a friend request if you guys are looking for more competition.

I'd play in a tournament too.

[quote name='evanft']You DO realize you can just get SFAC and play it on Live on the original Xbox, right?[/quote]Which is better IMO because you can use your stick. But I wonder how many people still play that. When I went online it was dead

[quote name='apokalipze2']Which is better IMO because you can use your stick. But I wonder how many people still play that. When I went online it was dead[/quote]

I still fire it up, but its hard to find a match sometimes.

[quote name='evanft']You DO realize you can just get SFAC and play it on Live on the original Xbox, right?[/quote]

No, I didn't know that. Although, I'd rather get SFAC for the PS2, since I'm much more comfortable with the d-pad. Is the PS2 version online?

[quote name='yukine']No, I didn't know that. Although, I'd rather get SFAC for the PS2, since I'm much more comfortable with the d-pad. Is the PS2 version online?[/quote]

You could get a converter to use your PS2 pad on the Xbox. I have one somewhere and it works pretty well.

You actually found a good PS2 -> Xbox converter? Everyone I looked up had feedback of lots of lag. I wanted to get the T5 stick for the PS2, but I need the Xbox compatability, so I went with the SFAC stick...and I've been reluctant about modding it.

But if there's a GOOD PS2-> XB converter, I can sell the SF:AC stick, and get the T5 stick...

man I feel like an idiot for neglecting my Tekken DR copy over the past 2 weeks. I keep forgetting how good it is, but 360 games keep taking away my time and Dead Rising tommorow won't help.

I had the MagicBox, used it with my tekken stick. Got no lag at all, I highly recommend it.

About to play melty blood in a minute... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back