CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

Hope it helps. I save a few bucks on your site and hope my saving can be pass on to others in need. Great site and great cause. Lets do it again next year!!!

I recently got married, otherwise we would have given more. (Next year) This is the first time I've used CAG to donate, usually we just donate through PA's site, but I've saved so much money using this website over the years that I was happy to use the chip in. We gave $20

Stunning achievement.

Who would have thought a bunch of cheapasses could come up with 27 grand out of their pockets.

For charity, no less.

I will thoroughly enjoy giving away this 360 I have sitting here, as well as a PSP/DS. And let's not forget the infamous "random box" (Probably the most underestimated of all the prizes).

Creates a bit of a conundrum, though. When we top 27k next year, what do we do about the prizes?

I'm thinking at the very least, a russian mail-order bride. Or a lifetime supply of Funyuns.

The possibilities are endless.

[quote name='Strell']DOES ANYBODY HAVE A QUARTER?

Yes. Apparently we have over 108,000 of them.[/quote]

LOL! Nice job CAGs! Any idea when the winners will be chosen? Simpsons season 4 is sitting right here waiting to be shipped hehe. :D

[quote name='marten']Stunning achievement.

Who would have thought a bunch of cheapasses could come up with 27 grand out of their pockets.

For charity, no less.

I will thoroughly enjoy giving away this 360 I have sitting here, as well as a PSP/DS. And let's not forget the infamous "random box" (Probably the most underestimated of all the prizes).

Creates a bit of a conundrum, though. When we top 27k next year, what do we do about the prizes?

I'm thinking at the very least, a russian mail-order bride. Or a lifetime supply of Funyuns.

The possibilities are endless.[/quote]

did someone say Funyuns?

I'm putting money away for that raffle.

[quote name='marten']Stunning achievement.

For charity, no less.

The possibilities are endless.[/quote]

mail-order brides.. the gift that keeps taking and taking.

[quote name='georox']mail-order brides.. the gift that keeps taking and taking.[/QUOTE]

That would be American mail-order brides. And no one is going to bother with that because the shipping charges alone would be astronomical.

[quote name='youruglyclone']did someone say Funyuns?

I'm putting money away for that raffle.[/quote]

You know, I was at the store this morning, and what did I spot?

Flaming Hot Funyuns.

They're red.

I had to buy multiple bags to stack on my desk.

They're staring at me. Temptation is high.

I must be one of the few people who doesn't eat Funyons... now real onion rings, I can eat buckets of those. Same goes for Tortilla chips.

Flaming hot funyuns sound very interesting, will need to go hunt some of those down. I liked the wasabi funyuns they had for a while, but I haven't seen those for a while.

Lifetime supply of funyuns huh... I'm thinking if you ate a bunch of funyuns every day that lifetime might be a bit shorter than 'sans funyuns'...

[quote name='sinigord']Flaming hot funyuns sound very interesting, ...[/quote]

A gift for that special someone whos breath isn't quite rank enough.

[quote name='necrojustice']The top prize next time could be Cheapy tattooing something of his choice on your body.
That would be hilarious.[/quote]

Sure cheapy wants a permanant dickerdoodle...

I wonder if there is a way to make the raffle into one of those fangled video things.

Maybe too many names I guess. Imagine the suspense as you sit there on the random.org list randomizer page! When is he going to hit the button?!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Imagine the suspense as you sit there on the random.org list randomizer page! When is he going to hit the button?![/QUOTE]

He could sell advertising and do it all like American Idol...

Cheapy: Who's going to win the Nintendo Wii? Let's click the button and find out... right after this commercial break.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Now let's all start chanting together- Raff-le, Raff-le, Raff-le.

(My wife says I have to get this stuff out of my house, packed and ready to ship Cheapy.)

Haha, aren't you a very generous person. Enjoy your fun mailing out of presents to the community. I am sure we are just as anxious to try and win them as your wife to ship them.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Now let's all start chanting together- Raff-le, Raff-le, Raff-le.

(My wife says I have to get this stuff out of my house, packed and ready to ship Cheapy.)[/QUOTE]

too save you some trouble. I'll send you my address :)

[quote name='Bazz']So when does this raffel take place?[/quote]
This week...I just need to confirm some of the data with ChipIn.
If the timing is right, I may announce the big prize winners on the CAGcast.

[quote name='CheapyD']This week...I just need to confirm some of the data with ChipIn.
If the timing is right, I may announce the big prize winners on the CAGcast.[/quote]Excellent. Any ideas on when the next CAGcast will be available? Mid next week?

[quote name='CheapyD']This week...I just need to confirm some of the data with ChipIn.
If the timing is right, I may announce the big prize winners on the CAGcast.[/quote]Cool I think you should have one live show just dedicated to a live raffel.

If the timing is right, I may announce the big prize winners on the CAGcast.[/quote]

I don't have to "Listen to Win", do I? ;)

I kid, I kid.

[quote name='slidecage']waiting to see who won. i only gave 5 bucks : ( with a 350+ vet bill didnt have much to toss around this year.[/QUOTE]

Someone loves animals more than the children. ;)

Bummer. I entered a contest to win a DS Top Toy (DS slot-1 flash card) that I was going to donate to the contest (or to CheapyD if he was still wanting one) but I didn't win. Boo.

whatever became of sending items in. i remember there was places we could send games in around xmas. was that stopped ???

it was a list of like 10 or so places

[quote name='slidecage']whatever became of sending items in. i remember there was places we could send games in around xmas. was that stopped ???

it was a list of like 10 or so places[/quote]

Just send them to me... I'll make sure they go out to all the good little boys and girls.

[quote name='btw1217']A 1:5409 chance of winning the grand prize? I've got this...[/QUOTE]

so if i did this right

odds are around 1 in 110 of getting an item?

[quote name='slidecage']so if i did this right

odds are around 1 in 110 of getting an item?[/quote]Assuming the 50 prizes in the OP (GP + 49 others, and none of those are broken up like the 4x$25 gift cards), and one person can only win one prize, then yeah, that's about right.

[quote name='botticus']Assuming the 50 prizes in the OP (GP + 49 others, and none of those are broken up like the 4x$25 gift cards), and one person can only win one prize, then yeah, that's about right.[/quote]
Math makes me hurt.

The top prize winners will be announced Friday morning on the CAGcast.
The full list will be posted on Monday.

[quote name='botticus']Assuming the 50 prizes in the OP (GP + 49 others, and none of those are broken up like the 4x$25 gift cards), and one person can only win one prize, then yeah, that's about right.[/quote]

61 total prizes (multiples of prizes have multiple winners).
A person can win more than once if they have more than one raffle ticket.

The winners are in e-mail form right? As in, you'll notify the e-mail address correct?

Heres hoping I win something, I put in $25. Best of luck to everyone!

[quote name='quakerroatmeal']What time will the announcement be on Friday?[/QUOTE]

On the CAGcast which Cheapy says will be up Friday morning - which usually means late night tonight for us West Coasters... So I'd say within 12 hours for sure! Good luck! ;)

[quote name='io']On the CAGcast which Cheapy says will be up Friday morning - which usually means late night tonight for us West Coasters... So I'd say within 12 hours for sure! Good luck! ;)[/quote]Finally! I've been missing my CAGcast!

Not that I won anything but I made sure to use the widget. However my Paypal address is different than my e-mail addy here. Shouldn't be a problem right?

[quote name='davo1224']Not that I won anything but I made sure to use the widget. However my Paypal address is different than my e-mail addy here. Shouldn't be a problem right?[/QUOTE]

No, that just makes it harder (or impossible) to match up the winner to a CAG username I would imagine. I'm sure Cheapy will post email addresses (as that is all he would have for the entry) if they can't be matched up to a CAG username (when the full list is posted - Monday I think he said?).

not that i expect to win anything, but shouldn't cheapyd just be picking names and letting each person pick which prize they want from whatever is left? pick one name then let that person pick which prize they want, then pick another name and let that person pick from the remaining prizes, and so on until there is just one prize left and the last winner will just take whatever that is. i don't know, it just seems like there are going to be several people winning things that they can't use when there are still things available that they would like.

there isnt a section saying you will win what you wanted. if that was the case, it wouldnt be a raffle.

you are getting a chance to win something.

[quote name='trent82']not that i expect to win anything, but shouldn't cheapyd just be picking names and letting each person pick which prize they want from whatever is left? pick one name then let that person pick which prize they want, then pick another name and let that person pick from the remaining prizes, and so on until there is just one prize left and the last winner will just take whatever that is. i don't know, it just seems like there are going to be several people winning things that they can't use when there are still things available that they would like.[/quote]
Countdown to the CAG Child's Play Raffle Prizes Trade Thread in 4...3...2... ;)

bread's done
Back