CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

[quote name='io']No, that just makes it harder (or impossible) to match up the winner to a CAG username I would imagine. I'm sure Cheapy will post email addresses (as that is all he would have for the entry) if they can't be matched up to a CAG username (when the full list is posted - Monday I think he said?).[/quote]

I switched my e-mail address on here to my paypal address yesterday just to make sure. I actually didn't even think about it until now.

[quote name='CheapyD']I announced the top 5 prize winners on Friday's CAGcast.
[highlight]The entire list will be posted on Monday[/highlight].[/QUOTE]

I tried to tell them that, but they wouldn't listen. :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']I announced the top 5 prize winners on Friday's CAGcast.
The entire list will be posted on Monday.[/quote]

And I get to spend Monday assembling the random box. Wheeeeeeeeeee! :bouncy:

[quote name='davo1224']He announced it by names of members, rather than e-mails so I'm guessing I was DQ'ed. Oh wellz.[/QUOTE]

He only announced the top 5. If you don't have an account here (or used a different email address) I'm sure you will still be able to win and get your price. So relax! :lol:

OMG THE LIST WENT UP IN THE OP!

HOLY SHIT, LOOK HOW MANY THINGS MARTEN WON!

THIS WAS RIGGED FROM THE START!

SHENANIGANS!
SHENANIGANS!

[quote name='Strell']OMG THE LIST WENT UP IN THE OP!

SHENANIGANS!
SHENANIGANS![/QUOTE]

You got my hopes up for about 2 1/2 seconds.

Hate.

[quote name='Strell']OMG THE LIST WENT UP IN THE OP!

SHENANIGANS!
SHENANIGANS![/quote]
EPIC WIN!

Oops...I knew I forgot to do something today! I'll have it up for late Monday night/early Tues AM USA time.

Sorry about that!

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']That isn't the winners in the OP. Its who donated that prize.[/quote]
If those were the winners, the raffle drawing ---> Mafia.

Good luck everyone.

[quote name='CheapyD']The OP has been updated with the winners. Sorry for the delay![/quote]

What do the (?) signify? Winners who have not been listed or chosen yet?

[quote name='theHeat']What do the (?) signify? Winners who have not been listed or chosen yet?[/QUOTE]

They are people whose email addresses (all that was entered with the donation) could not be matched up to CAG accounts. This would happen for CAG's who used different emails to pay than they used to register on CAG. Happened to me for one, but I got it straightened out quick (in my case it actually linked up to my original CAG name which I completely forgot I had ever made - used it for 2 posts and then changed it to something else for a bit and THEN to Io!). Anyone who gets email from the donor and is a CAG but not listed could just tell Cheapy if they want their CAG username in there instead of the '?'.

But some of those winners are likely just random non-CAG people too.

Cheapy said...

The prize donor's name is parenthesis and the winner is listed after the dash.
If there is a (?) listed, it means I could not match up your Paypal email to an existing CAG account. I have sent your email address to the prize donor for fufillment.

A big congratulations to all the winners...and to CheapyD for avoiding the "garbage fucker" title for 2008. :applause:

I've already PM'd my three winners, and at least one (hopefully two) of them should ship out this week.

The random box, however....is a completely....different....matter. :whistle2:#

[quote name='marten']
The random box, however....is a completely....different....matter. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
So, do we ever get to know what is in this thing? :lol:
I mean, if the winner (persibro - who I've never heard of) wants to post it once he gets it, is that OK? I think we're all curious.

[quote name='marten']That is completely up to the winner.

Of course, Ricochet humored us last year with the contents:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2565829

This year, though....well, of course it has to be better. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I did not know what last year's was. That is awesome. Did you hire a semi to deliver that haul? :lol:

Congrats to persibro for getting something better than all that. He seems to be a lurker (could find no posts) but that's cool - it's nice to see the people in the shadows donate as well!

[quote name='io']But some of those winners are likely just random non-CAG people too.[/QUOTE]

non-CAG people!!! Grab your tourches and pitchforks...Death to the infidels!!!

...but seriously, congrats to the winners, and thanks again to CheapyD and all that donated.

We may not want to pay $60 for a game, but how much of it actually goes to the people who made the game what it is?

With Child's Play, we know that every cent is going into the charity's work, and that's great value for money where I come from.

[quote name='JoeX111']Awesome, I won two things! I never win anything! My day is totally made.[/QUOTE]

Its been a long time since I have won anything. I was totally blown away to log in this morning and find an email from marten.

Thanks to him for the donations, and to Cheapy and the Childs Play donors. This has made my day as well. I look forward to coming up with some donations/prizes next year myself.

Congrats to all the winners and a big thanks to CheapyD and all the Prize Donors as well! Thanks also go out to Child's Play and the Penny Arcade guys for organizing such a great charity.

I sent out an email to the winner of my prize (#49), hopefully I'll hear back from the winner soon!

bread's done
Back