CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

I put in $10 to the cause, will probably do another $10 next week.

What a great cause! This is my first year donating, but I'm glad to be a part (even if I don't win any prizes for me, it's still worth it for the kids)

I'm down for $20 this week. I'll stuff some more cash into the box next weekend. It hurts me to think that some poor kids out there might be spending christmas without an evil, violent video game.

The prizes in this are rediculous. I'll definitely put in at least $20. To those who donated the prizes, you guys are awesome. And props to Cheapy for setting this up and donating so much.

I'm in for my first of several donations. I'll make a few more as payday rolls around again.

Thanks for setting this up Cheapy!

I just made my contribution. Props to everyone else who already has or is planning on doing so. I'd also like to thank those who offered the wonderful prizes.

In for $50. Thanks for running this again this year Cheapy. My daughter went through 18 months of chemo at a participating hospital, and always enjoyed playing games while she was there for treatment, so I can attest first-hand to how valuable this is.

Let's break last year's record!

In for $500. I love Childs Play and always feel good making a contribution, whether it's toys or cash.

This charity is a great example of what can happen when someone just tries to make something happen. Everyone remember the garage full of toys the charity received the first year? I still smile thinking about that.

Thanks CheapyD! And of course, the others who have donated prizes!

Put in my share, thanks for making it easy to donate! Hope the kids have lots of fun!

[quote name='CheapyD']I've started the ball rolling with a $1,000 donation[/QUOTE]

:shock:

Impressive.

At $3800 (roughly) over one morning and half an afternoon, I could imagine this hitting $20-23K by 12/30.

I donated $20.43, just because I wanted to match the person who donated $0.43.

Donated $25. Went ahead and bought a game for my local hospital too. This is an awesome cause and it's great to see everybody getting involved. Another big thanks to everyone who donated the awesome prizes.

[quote name='Whitefeet']In for $500. I love Childs Play and always feel good making a contribution, whether it's toys or cash.

This charity is a great example of what can happen when someone just tries to make something happen. Everyone remember the garage full of toys the charity received the first year? I still smile thinking about that.[/quote]

Wow, very generous of you. :applause:

[quote name='mykevermin']:shock:

Impressive.

At $3800 (roughly) over one morning and half an afternoon, I could imagine this hitting $20-23K by 12/30.

I donated $20.43, just because I wanted to match the person who donated $0.43.[/quote]
I was wondering who was throwing in the change in thier donations... ;)

I'll probably tack on .14 at the end of my next donation just to see a nice even number again.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Wow, very generous of you. :applause:[/quote]

Thank you =) I have a pretty good job, so I can afford to do stuff like that once in a while.

For everyone else who can only donate a few bucks, know that your donations are also valued and appreciated. Seeing the final total for Childs Play each year has made me proud to be part of the active gamer community.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']How are donations being tracked? My email address isn't the same one as my cag name uses.

I forgot to change shipping address to none. D'oh.[/quote] Winners will be contacted via their paypal email address

[quote name='CheapyD']Winners will be contacted via their paypal email address[/quote]

Cheapy - For those of us who donated via credit card through the widget, will it track the e-mail address used for the payment? (As it did not require a PayPal log in?)

In for $20 too. Hopefully, my money doesn't go towards buying Dogz or something equally ridiculous ;). Glad to be participating in such a good cause, and it is nice to see that even though we are cheap about buying games, we can still be generous when it counts.

bread's done
Back