CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

Hey there Mr. CheapyD,

I was wondering if i could mail the donation, and if i could, do you have the address? Max out the credit card, and i do feel like donating to the Child's Play, anything thats for the children, anything i could do.

[quote name='Whitefeet']Cheapy - For those of us who donated via credit card through the widget, will it track the e-mail address used for the payment? (As it did not require a PayPal log in?)[/quote]
Yup, I see your $500 donation, thanks!
You had to enter your email address.

Additional prizes added to OP!

Don't mean to nitpick (well, I guess I do) but the Wii and 360 pictures are reversed (in the list 360 is first and Wii is second), and you don't say what Simpsons season doraemonkeypal (sorry if I didn't spell it right, going off of memory) donated.

[quote name='Jedi1979']at the rate its going you might need a bigger meter:)[/quote]

Agreed! :applause:

Why would anyone on here *NOT* contribute? Like an earlier poster said, it's better odds than winning the lottery, and the contributed prizes just keep racking up!

(also it's for a good cause lol)

I threw in $5 for now. Although I was going to wait and donate once I had a better idea how much money we had left this holiday season, it was at $4,996.86 and I wanted to push it over that 50% mark. ;)

Holy Crap! It was at $2,000 something today when I first looked at it, and now i just got home from work and its already half way to beating last years amount. Thats crazy!
I bet we'll do it big this year.
go cags!

I clicked on the actual "CAG ChipIn" link, rather than the widget. Will my entries be counted?

I could only afford 10 bucks, my car just got broken into Friday so I'm strapped for cash at the moment.

I donated $50.00, which is about double what I did last year. This is something that is really difficult for me to do right now, as I'm employed in China right now (and have been for the past 13 months). I know I mention that quite often in posts, but I have no real way of getting money back into my bank account in America and my bank account is really drying up. Being apart of this is more important to me though, so I wanted to be a part of it.

Thanks to everyone for donating, and let's keep up the good work! :)

[quote name='AlphakirA'](Anyone else besides me find it tacky to brag the $ amount of their donation?)

Great cause Cheapy, hope we can destroy that $10k barrier[/QUOTE]

a lil, but since they are donating money for a charity who really gives a fUck

ohh and here is some Tax info for those that care

Q: Since this is a charity donation I can deduct it from my taxes, right?
A: Each hospital’s charity tax ID number is included in the information section on its wish list. Use your confirmation email as a receipt. If you are making a cash donation, Child’s Play’s own tax ID number is 20-3584556. If you have any questions about how this works, please ask your tax advisor.

[quote name='AlphakirA'](Anyone else besides me find it tacky to brag the $ amount of their donation?)

Great cause Cheapy, hope we can destroy that $10k barrier[/quote]

Walt Whitman said it best:
“If you done it, it ain't bragging.”

This is a semi-anonymous forum so what is it that constitutes tacky?

If we offended your delicate sensibilities I apologize on everyone's behalf.

Personally, I am just trying to encourage everyone to give until it hurts a little.

[/quote]

I think it is kind of neat to see how all the smaller amounts help to contribute to this large sum.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Walt Whitman said it best:
“If you done it, it ain't bragging.”

This is a semi-anonymous forum so what is it that constitutes tacky?

If we offended your delicate sensibilities I apologize on everyone's behalf.

Personally, I am just trying to encourage everyone to give until it hurts a little.[/quote]

Clearly you took it the wrong way. That wasn't directed at anyone posting their amounts per se, it was just a random thought that popped into my head - albeit a possbly stupid one.

No harm, no foul, I deleted the comment as I wasn't trying to start any shit with anyone, especially in this thread. Sorry if I offended you.

This is a newbie question but, i need help with donating. I just wondering what is a widget and secoundly how do i register through the widget. Is donating just as simple as clicking chip in.

[quote name='Dee_Lucky']Is donating just as simple as clicking chip in.[/quote] Yes.

More prizes added to OP.

In for donation again this year. I'm glad I had a bit more to give this year, and if I had to guess, I'd put it out there that I think it'll be well over $10,000. Go CAGs!

[quote name='Plac1d']$5000+, CAG should now be a Silver Gold Corporate Sponsor on the childsplaycharity.org frontpage. Hey Cheapy, bitch to the Penny Arcade guys and get your CAG logo on there.[/quote]

That would be kind of cool to see, but we are not "corporate." It certainly still would be nice to see the logo there because of all the money our community is donating. Nevertheless, even without our logo there it is still great to be a part of something so great.

Where does it say the money amount required for each section?

If I were to donate this way and win a prize, could my prize be just donated to childs play?

Could my money be sent to Starships hospital in Auckalnd, New Zealand? I know thats a tall order considering I'm planning to donate about about $40 (selling a game to get the money) but if not, I won't go through this way.

The money goes directly to Child's Play's PayPal Account. I have no control over where it goes.
If you win, I'm sure the prize donor can just as easily ship your prize to Child's Play.

[quote name='Plac1d']$5000+, CAG should now be a Silver Gold Corporate Sponsor on the childsplaycharity.org frontpage. Hey Cheapy, bitch to the Penny Arcade guys and get your CAG logo on there.[/quote]
So CAG has donated more than Microsoft? The hell is wrong with them? :lol:

Maybe Cheapy can pull some strings with Tycho/Gabe and get the CAG logo on there, I know we're not donating for recognition but it'd be nice to see the CAG logo on such a popular site (although I think they linked us last year in their blog which is even better.)

bread's done
Back