CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

I am in, and good job all, it is good to see people helping out how they can.

Though it is odd, at work the widget shows us at 44%, but when I remote home, my system shows us exceeding 100%.

[quote name='botticus']I'd advocate changing the goal because some people might be less inclined to donate if the goal has already been met. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I agree, people get lazy once the goal is met, increase the goal visually, increases motivation

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I agree, people get lazy once the goal is met, increase the goal visually, increases motivation[/quote]

Indeed. I think watching the bar get closer and closer to the top can really motivate some people.

[quote name='integralsmatic']donated 10 buchos. We are well over the mark..and its only been nearly 2 weeks. think we can break 15,000?[/quote]It's only been 4 days. :lol:

[quote name='botticus']It's only been 4 days. :lol:[/quote]

Then by that Logic we should be breaking 20 G's by tuesday!!!

Break open yer Piggy banks you Cheap Asses

[quote name='botticus']It's only been 4 days. :lol:[/QUOTE]

ooops

I hate finals week. i cant even count the right amount of days this thing has been going on.

[quote name='integralsmatic']ooops

I hate finals week. i cant even count the right amount of days this thing has been going on.[/quote]

I know the feeling! Thankfully tomorrow is my last day, and all I have to do for that is turn in my essay and sit and watch people recite monologues. Speaking of my essay I should get back to that...

I'm clearly not spending as much time on CAG as I used to, as I found out about this fundraiser reading Joystiq. I pitched in a little bit, but geez... such amazing progress already! I'm so proud of CAG!

[quote name='Sarrasis']The total raised is only $8329 now.. what happened?![/quote]

It still shows just about $11,900'ish for me. It's most likely some old cookies coming back to haunt you.

Got my 20% back from the paypal deal, so I donated that. $20 Good cause, good prizes. Can't lose. I may donate more later.

Ten dollars on my part. ...hopefully some kids will be happy thanks to my the hole in my wallet. ;D

I should be finishing up my homework...damn essays keeled me good this week. XD That, and my grades are just droppin' and droppin'.

$10 from a poor, starving college student.

BTW, for tax purposes, I think it's every $10, $1 is deductible. I think that's what happened to me last year. I donated $5 to Child's Play (not through CAG) and was eligible for a 50¢ deductible except the IRS rounds down, so it didn't count... Damn tax man...

[quote name='imacgod']$10 from a poor, starving college student.

BTW, for tax purposes, I think it's every $10, $1 is deductible. I think that's what happened to me last year. I donated $5 to Child's Play (not through CAG) and was eligible for a 50¢ deductible except the IRS rounds down, so it didn't count... Damn tax man...[/QUOTE]

as far as taxes go... unless you donate a ton of money over the year, or have a bunch of other deductions, its almost always smarter (at least in my case) to take the standard deduction.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']What's the standard deduction?[/quote]

It varies based off of taxable income. it's found in the 1040 Book. Find your taxable income and viola...Standard Deduction.

or just let Turbo Tax figure it out.

Heh, I like this Joystiq comment:
Weird. Cheapskates, like those the site caters to, are by far the least likely group of people to ever make donations, but they still get that much cash in that short time?

[quote name='Draekon']It still shows just about $11,900'ish for me. It's most likely some old cookies coming back to haunt you.[/quote]

It's actually at $13,270. :D

contributed $5.00 about 1/30th of my paycheck lol
did it right before it was 10k too :D then after i donated it was about 10,500

You know what I don't see mentioned?...Will paypal rape the charity like they do everyone else?! I really really hope they don't take a dime away from CP...

[quote name='daphatty']Wait, I thought we weren't doing this again? At least, not as far as Child's Play was concerned?[/quote]

Still waiting for the story on this. I thought last year they blew off PlayAsia who donated the $1000 prize.

I see the ChipIn meter as not having made the goal, even though I saw that it had topped some time ago. Did we set up another one to track how close we are to a second $10,000, or do I have some glitch that won't let me see the true amount?

[quote name='Salmonday']I see the ChipIn meter as not having made the goal, even though I saw that it had topped some time ago. Did we set up another one to track how close we are to a second $10,000, or do I have some glitch that won't let me see the true amount?[/quote]
Clear your cache, and it should be updated.

bread's done
Back