CAG Game Group: Halo 3 Tuesdays @ 9PM EST - add CAGHALO

So, after last week, and after talking to a friend, I'm wondering if we shouldn't start doing either 2 separate games (meaning 2 people are hosting games on Tuesday), or have a second night during the week if possible. I know last week we were at 16 people for a good chunk of the night, and I remember the week before being the same. And it seems like we're getting some more people that are wanting to play as well. A friend of mine just got Halo 3 and he wants to join in as well, meaning that would be another person trying to fight for a spot. So, should we keep trying to just squeeze people in as others drop, or does anyone think we should maybe try and work on getting a second game going or something?

I got my 360 back so I'm hoping to join this week. You should maybe make a list of the people who usually attend so you know how many people are potentially going to show up.

[quote name='YodaEXE']So, after last week, and after talking to a friend, I'm wondering if we shouldn't start doing either 2 separate games (meaning 2 people are hosting games on Tuesday), or have a second night during the week if possible. I know last week we were at 16 people for a good chunk of the night, and I remember the week before being the same. And it seems like we're getting some more people that are wanting to play as well. A friend of mine just got Halo 3 and he wants to join in as well, meaning that would be another person trying to fight for a spot. So, should we keep trying to just squeeze people in as others drop, or does anyone think we should maybe try and work on getting a second game going or something?[/QUOTE]

We could look at that although there was a Tuesday a month or so ago where we didn't crack 10. We had just 4 of us until after 9:30 IIRC as well.

Logistically it could be tough to peel off half of the people. I have a lot of trouble just getting people to divide into teams...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wubb']I will most likely not be able to make it tomorrow so hopefully HotShot can take over once again?[/quote]

Not a problem, I'll get the show started at 9pm EST, and at some point feature my new map (just finished the fucking thing after 2.5 hours of work) -- Cage Sniper.

Four large cages have been placed at the north, south, east, and west end of the large floor in Foundry. Each cage is split into two halves, with each cage containing 1-2 teammates in one half, and 1-2 enemies in the other .

Each team aims to eliminate the other, shooting at the 3 other cages using sniper rifles, unlimited ammo, and a single life. There's one catch:

Each cage is lined with explosives.

One false shot and you not only kill all of your opponents in the cage, but also your teammates, resulting in more points lost than gained (currently +3 for a kill, -5 for a betrayal).

~HotShotX

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I will be able to play unless our sick baby decides not to sleep.[/quote]

Hope the baby gets better soon man.

~HotShotX

Hey I've never played in this group but I'd like to give it a try. If someone would send me an invite that'd be cool. I'll add CAGHalo as well.

[quote name='FrankySox']Hey I've never played in this group but I'd like to give it a try. If someone would send me an invite that'd be cool. I'll add CAGHalo as well.[/quote]
As long as you added CAGHalo you should get an invite from HotShot tonight.

And now, as I've been doing weekly, this is your 15 minute reminder everyone! 15 minutes to gametime!

Also, if there are spots open, I'm going to invite a friend in tonight.

I'll actually be able to play more than one round this week since I finally figured out what was wrong with my internet. Note for others: if your connection keeps dropping or randomly slowing, even when directly connected to the cable modem, get a new modem. Took me 3 days of terrible internet to give in and try that, and guess what, it worked!

wubb,

sent caghalo a friend request... hope to get in some games with you guys tonight. it's been awhile since i've played h3 but i'm excited to break it out again!

I've accepted the incoming FRs so if you sent one before right now you should be on the list.

(I got yours billy)

Well that pretty much broke apart as soon as HotShot took off. You want to take this over fulltime, HS?

I wouldn't mind switching over to just joining when I can make it on Tuesdays.

[quote name='wubb']Well that pretty much broke apart as soon as HotShot took off. You want to take this over fulltime, HS?

I wouldn't mind switching over to just joining when I can make it on Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter who hosts, but HotShot seems to have the best gametypes. I ended up quitting because I was tired of it lagging so much.

Well, we have a new gametype for next week that may be interesting. I stole it from a game the Grifball team played with another team after a practice tonight.

Anyone interested in playing some Co-op on Legendary?
I've been playing weekly (usually Wednesday) with a friend, but we could use a few more people to run through the game. If your interested in the Legendary chivo send me a friend request.

Uh, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it tonight. Sorry fellas.

But if HotShot is going to be around I'm sure he'll create a party or if he's not there somebody else please just invite people off the GT's friend list.

(From your friend list you can select into CAGHALO, then there is an option to 'View CAGHALO's friends' on the 2nd tab, then you can scroll down the list and press 'X' to invite everyone to your party.)

[quote name='wubb']Well that pretty much broke apart as soon as HotShot took off. You want to take this over fulltime, HS?

I wouldn't mind switching over to just joining when I can make it on Tuesdays.[/quote]

[quote name='wubb']Uh, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it tonight. Sorry fellas.

But if HotShot is going to be around I'm sure he'll create a party or if he's not there somebody else please just invite people off the GT's friend list.
[/quote]

I don't have the time to take over the group full time, particularly with Grifball and having to get a job. On the downside, I'm also probably the reason things slow down or break apart each week, since I usually take the Grifball team with me when we go to practice. :(

I can host for a little bit tonight, but the CAG Grifball Team has it's hardest two matches this week before playoffs, so we absolutely need to practice. I'm thinking of doing practice earlier, and Halo night this evening. I'll see what I can work up. (4 straight hours of Halo 3 is going to be rough.)

~HotShotX

Tonight was fun. I particularly enjoyed Duck Hunt, although it sucked when I got assassinated right after making it into the stupid cage :p

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for taking over once again HotShot.[/quote]

Dude, I can't take over tonight, we have playoffs next week. I only sent the reminder that Halo Night is today.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Dude, I can't take over tonight, we have playoffs next week. I only sent the reminder that Halo Night is today.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't see this until this morning and assumed you were gonna be there when you posted a reminder. Woops! :lol:

Did anybody show?

Okay I should be on tonight to host this. :D

Played a few interesting customs with HotShot, Syn and a few other CAGs last night although I don't know if they'll translate well if we end up with 16 people.

Ducks works well with 16 people.

Zombie Rush also works, however you're more prone to accidently shooting a guy in front of you and killing yourself (Suicide should be put to -1 probably in a 16 game but higher like -2 or -3 on lower pop games). Then once enough people become zombies, it becomes hilarious to be one of the humans left.

Thing with a game like ducks where you don't come back as a zombie once you die is the more people in the game, the longer you sit around waiting after you get whacked. But if anybody hides in a corner like HotShot I'll just boot them. :lol:

And with Zombie Rush we were running out of vehicles at times with just 8.

But good to hear they both work.

I'll try to get on Halo 3 a little before 9 to download them both off recent games before we get started.

[quote name='wubb']Thing with a game like ducks where you don't come back as a zombie once you die is the more people in the game, the longer you sit around waiting after you get whacked. But if anybody hides in a corner like HotShot I'll just boot them. :lol:

And with Zombie Rush we were running out of vehicles at times with just 8.

But good to hear they both work.

I'll try to get on Halo 3 a little before 9 to download them both off recent games before we get started.[/quote]

I'll fix Zombie Rush today after work (not all vehicles were set to 10s respawn), and toss it into the playlist tonight.

For those new to ZR, bear in mind that you need the Legendary Map Pack in order to play it.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I'll fix Zombie Rush today after work (not all vehicles were set to 10s respawn), and toss it into the playlist tonight.

For those new to ZR, bear in mind that you need the Legendary Map Pack in order to play it.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Oh shit didn't think about that. Well maybe we'll get lucky.

Thanks for coming out last night guys.

I took off when Zombie Rush started up I believe.

I'd like to get back to playing some standard games in between customs, but let me know if you disagree.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for coming out last night guys.

I took off when Zombie Rush started up I believe.

I'd like to get back to playing some standard games in between customs, but let me know if you disagree.[/quote]

Agreed.

~HotShotX

I did manage to make it for the first hour or so. Thanks to everyone who made it out.

Loved that Foundry map we played a game of 2v2v2v2v2 on.

bread's done
Back