[CAG Game Group] TEAM FORTRESS 2 - **sign up with CAG Fortress 2!!**

doc_zaius

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone,

So I was thinking we should get all the CAGs together who are still interested in playing TF2 on a regular basis. I plan on sticking with the game for a good long while and would like to have fun playing with other CAGs who are of like mind.

SO POST IN HERE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN CAG GAME NIGHT!

ThatDamnDave did quick survey of CAGs in the old thread and I'd like to see how many are still into this idea. I can host or someone else can volunteer, however you guys usually do this.

if thursday is terrible but you'd still like to play, let us know as well.

That sounds like a blast! Thursdays aren't the best for me unless its after 11:00pm CST. Wednesday or Saturday would be better, but pretty much anytime I'm on XBL I'm game for a lil TF2.

I am game. Well unless I get CoD4 that day from Lion Games. Don't have to get up in the morning so I can be on all night.

Im good anytime thursday, its a great game and so far i havent played with any fellow CAG's

Although you might have to add a COD4 night as well, The clan support in the beta was great

yeah, I'm going to be playing COD4 as well but I'll keep playing this one too. Any COD4 clan gets a separate thread.

Well, I have no need to play this for a while because I have every achievement on it except Friends Like These because I can never find 7 people on my list playing TF2.

Ya, Thursdays suck for me. I watch the Office and Scrubs, and then I have to get up for work at 5:30 AM on Fridays. I'll be around on Weekends and some other weeknights if some CAGs wanna play.

Hey Doc, i said I was in for this Thursday night, but just found out tonight I have to fly up to NYC for the week tomorrow afternoon. I wont make it this weekend, but every other thursday I can make it...

So....anyone play the PC version? That's what I have and would be in for playing with some CAGs.....

Thanks for getting this thread started. It'll be better to have someone that can consistently be there to host on Thursdays in charge of the thread (my time is sporadic usually).

That being said, I'll try best I can to make it Thursday, I love me some TF2.

/rant

I'd love to get in on this, but I'd be dead weight. I joined a few games the other night after trying to read up on how things work (never played TF and first time with TF2), and most of the players were complete jackasses even though I made sure to hop into unranked games so I could try stuff out without screwing up people's ranks.

I wanted to like this since I can't use my headset for Halo 3 (no audio sliders suck), but if I can't even get a chance to learn how the fuck to play, I wont bother. The rest of Orange Box is pretty damn awesome.

/endrant

[quote name='Ryukahn']/rant

I'd love to get in on this, but I'd be dead weight. I joined a few games the other night after trying to read up on how things work (never played TF and first time with TF2), and most of the players were complete jackasses even though I made sure to hop into unranked games so I could try stuff out without screwing up people's ranks.

I wanted to like this since I can't use my headset for Halo 3 (no audio sliders suck), but if I can't even get a chance to learn how the fuck to play, I wont bother. The rest of Orange Box is pretty damn awesome.

/endrant[/quote]

Keep trying, you just got some bad people playing with you. I had never played before I got orange box, now I play all the time. Trust me, keep playing, its one of the best multiplayer Shooters ever (this coming from someone who plays most all shooters somewhat)

[quote name='Ryukahn']/rant

/endrant[/quote]

I know what you mean, I was trying to show some friends around TF2 this weekend who were new to the game and they got a little frustrated because everyone else seemed to know what they were doing. It takes awhile to get the roles down and figure out strategy and such. But once you do start to understand good tactics in this game it becomes pretty addicting. I'm learning new things all the time in public matches usually from people who are kicking my ass.

you should try a CAG match, it's probably the best low stress way to learn.

So I'll host this thursday. I'll start it at 6:00 PST/9:00 EST and run it for 2 or 3 hours.

My strategy before was to keep some open private slots for invites but the previous 2 times I did it, folks were still getting the "game is full" message. It might be that the game will only open during the lobby?

I will add everyone listing in this thread. The rest of you should do so as well so we can get more "friends like these" achievements.

Hey everyone, I start my break from school next Thursday and I'll be able to play then. I've only played online a few times, so I'm fairly new at the game.

Of course I'm in, doc. I'm on the east coast, but I'll likely be around anytime.

Ryukahn, I'm sure you'll pick it up in time, just ignore the jackasses. Feel free to add me if you need someone to show you the ropes, I'd be glad to help you out.

[quote name='Tesche']So....anyone play the PC version? That's what I have and would be in for playing with some CAGs.....[/quote]

Check it.

Just give us your Steam name and we'll add you.

We play most nights and it's easy to just start the game, look under the Friends tab, and join in.

hey guys,

if you want to play and haven't got a friends request from Zaius3000 (me), make sure you send me one.

see you tomorrow!

[quote name='doc_zaius']hey guys,

if you want to play and haven't got a friends request from Zaius3000 (me), make sure you send me one.

see you tomorrow![/quote]

Hey, I'd like to play. :bouncy: GT DRUNKZ 27

Ok, sounds good. I should be on tonight but if Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 arrive I might not be in for Team Fortress 2. :cry: Send an invite though and maybe I'll drop in for a few games. ;)

Well good game(s), I had fun.

It was smooth sailing for about an hour and a half, and then I started getting kicked and wouldn't be able to join for at least 5-10 minutes. Oh well, it happens... see you guys next week?

yeah, good game. some technical problems getting friends online. I think I have to ask Valve what the deal is...

anyone else get the "friends like these" achievement?

bread's done
Back