CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

[quote name='SynGamer']Race line-up for Sunday so far:

460PP Mini's on Madrid Reverse - 4 laps
450PP 90's Japanese (no RM's) on Autumn Ring Reverse - 5 laps Sports Soft
550PP Classic USA Muscle ('70 or earlier, FR) on Mazda Laguna Seca - 5 laps (Grudge Match) Racing Soft
650PP Anything Goes on Sarthe 2009 (no chicane) - 3 laps (boost on High)[/QUOTE]
Since Laguna Seca is going to be a rematch of sorts, keep it the same as it was when we ran it the first time. As much as I don't like Sports Soft for the 90's and want to use Racing Softs, I think the Sports will be better.

I do think we should do a simple Civic match on Comfort Softs one of these days, I need to look at the PP list from the Civic Seasonal to finish it out.

Updated the first post (wiki). And tire suggestions for the other races? Also, still looking for a 5th race for the night.

EDIT: As much as I hate it, I'll be buying the DLC bundle. I NEED a new track to race on, and the new cars/paints could be useful...we'll see.

[quote name='SynGamer']Updated the first post (wiki). And tire suggestions for the other races? Also, still looking for a 5th race for the night.[/QUOTE]

Last race - one lap at the 'Ring using the same Muscle car from race 3. No point in setting a lap time or tweaking, just get on the track and start the race. ;)

I shared a track this morning. Early reports indicate it is "brutally unforgiving" :) My car of choice this morning was a BMW Z4 '03 (4xx PP) with Racing Soft tires. If anyone comes up with a fun track, let us know. I hope to get online and do some testing tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='SynGamer']I shared a track this morning. Early reports indicate it is "brutally unforgiving" :) My car of choice this morning was a BMW Z4 '03 (4xx PP) with Racing Soft tires. If anyone comes up with a fun track, let us know. I hope to get online and do some testing tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Id be interested in some testing too. DO you have a time in mind?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Id be interested in some testing too. DO you have a time in mind?[/QUOTE]

Tonight around 9PM EST or Tomorrow morning/afternoon.

[quote name='j-cart']OMG I'm free this Sunday for some GT5 racing![/QUOTE]

Excellent :D

Taken from the Forza 4 Thread
[quote name='dotCody']I think I'm done racing online unless it's Simulation Damage. Too many fucking assholes and retarded 12 year olds that never heard of a fucking Brake.[/QUOTE]

That's why you only play with a group you trust when you want to be really competitive. At least no one here is doing that on purpose. I will say that I will probably have issues in the first race tomorrow due to the wheel...but that will be more on steering than braking.

[quote name='jmbreci']That's why you only play with a group you trust when you want to be really competitive. At least no one here is doing that on purpose. I will say that I will probably have issues in the first race tomorrow due to the wheel...but that will be more on steering than braking.[/QUOTE]

I generally have the room up at 8:45PM EST. That should give you some extra time to put laps in both on the track and with the wheel.

[quote name='jmbreci']That's why you only play with a group you trust when you want to be really competitive. At least no one here is doing that on purpose. I will say that I will probably have issues in the first race tomorrow due to the wheel...but that will be more on steering than braking.[/QUOTE]
I swear I'm going to have to get a wheel set up but I don't know what I'm going to use for a chair. My futon is alright but there is nothing like sitting in a Recaro seat to get you to want to drive. I may have to see if somebody wants to get rid of an OEM Recaro seat one day but I think that will get me killed.

[quote name='j-cart']I use my computer desk to set my wheel on and my computer chair as my racing seat.[/QUOTE]Two problems with that for me. I couldn't take apart my old computer desk when I moved so it stayed and I don't have a chair low enough to use my coffee table. I may have to end up with one of those gamer chairs and compromise.

It turns out I have work, so I wont be able to make tomorrow night. Im going to try to show up tonight, but I have a meeting that may run a bit long. I should be there by 7PM PST at the latest.

If I remember I'll show up to get some more mileage out of my $100 collectors edition. 76% of my way through career, but haven't done much online. But I have bad news.

Guys, I was a long time GT fan. I grew tired of Polyphony's snail pace and lackluster results of development. I couldn't figure out how the hit such a brick wall after making such awesome games, 4 in a row, even if GT2 & GT4 were a little light on the new features aspect. .....

But I bought Forza 4, my first foray into Forza....I've learned the power of the Dark Side. I didn't want to, after all, playing a game on my failbox?(to the tune of 5 warranty replacements?)

So I loaded GT5 up, and installed Spec 2.0. Interesting...... Then I turned it off. back to Forza.

Gran Turismo, it was fun while it lasted. It's not me, it's you, and your 700 ugly standard cars, paint colors system, funky menu system, and lack of user features. We can still be friends, I'll still visit you from time to time, and hopefully your 6th overhaul will right all your wrongs. Until then, let the door hit you on the way out.
Sincerely, Jilted former fanboy

P.S. I really don't know how you spent all that time on your looks and turned out that way. Turn10 managed to crank out twice the "HD" cars in half the time. Maybe you should lay off all the twinkies and ding-dongs during your breaks at the gym.

Alright, so smthng and I worked on our American Muscle car yesterday...best time was a 1:27:xxx, but more importantly, with boost on high and slipstreaming on strong, this grudge match should be epic :D

IncommingMLSR.jpg

This does not end well.​

Is the 71 mach available in the dealer? Never noticed it before.

Will be there tonight. What will the.room be called?

Usually the room has CAG Only in the title, send SynGamer a friend request and you can just go to community(under his name), click the yellow radio button above My Lounge and directly join the room.

Only reason why I mention Syn is because he sets up the room and is pretty reliable.

[quote name='Mad39er']Usually the room has CAG Only in the title, send SynGamer a friend request and you can just go to community(under his name), click the yellow radio button above My Lounge and directly join the room.

Only reason why I mention Syn is because he sets up the room and is pretty reliable.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Will do.

Did we settle on anything for the 475 PP race? I know we're having troubles with the track but is there any conditions other than 475 and Sports Soft?

[quote name='Mad39er']Did we settle on anything for the 475 PP race? I know we're having troubles with the track but is there any conditions other than 475 and Sports Soft?[/QUOTE]

Nürburgring GP/D?

The Mach 1 is a premium... should be in the Ford dealer page. Warning... it's expensive to fix and hard to set up right at 550PP. It works much better at 500 or 600... to get it in between, you have to do a couple of engine mods to get it over 550, then cut the power limit to get it back down. It was my third choice of cars for that track. I don't like how it handles, but it managed to cut about two seconds off the laps time with the other two cars that feel right to me. It's a crap shoot for me tonight... Either it'll work or it won't.

--------

Mad, I can't manage a dedicated seat for my system... the PS3 and the good TV live in the family room and have to be friendly for guests. But. I am seriously thinking about this once I finally commit to the Driving Force GT (of course, a job would help too)... :whistle2:S
http://www.amazon.com/Regular-Xlera...MS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1318801664&sr=8-10
It's definitely on the cheaper side, but looks like it might be adequate for muh needz.
------

Uh... What 475pp race? Did I miss smthng?

5th race (like we usually have ;)). Ideally something after the '90s Japanese race but before the 550 Muscle race.

Also, I just got done doing some testing with Mad on Autumn Ring Reverse for the 450PP Japanese race. I have a '0Xs Tacoma that is awesome, but as far as 90's, it's a crapshoot for me as well :)

[quote name='bearhawk72']RIP Dan Wheldon, died in a horrific crash today at Las Vegas.[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit, are you serious??? Further proof Indy has no idea what they are doing with that series. Those cars are far too fast to be racing on ovals...

[youtube]TVu7iTf59SQ[/youtube] [youtube]ItVKFYqVBgA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']5th race (like we usually have ;)). Ideally something after the '90s Japanese race but before the 550 Muscle race.

Also, I just got done doing some testing with Mad on Autumn Ring Reverse for the 450PP Japanese race. I have a '0Xs Tacoma that is awesome, but as far as 90's, it's a crapshoot for me as well :)[/QUOTE]
I'm sending you over my 270R complete with the tune I'll be using, feel free to try it out. I think it's balanced just right for me now and resolved my previous lack of umph.

Seriously crazy crash for Indy. Shocking that Dan Wheldon was the who the commentators were talking about before the crash happened.

smthng: The DFGT is a solid wheel for GT5, which is what I use for all of our races. The drawbacks are that the paddle shifting is not a paddle, but rather buttons. The tip shift is short, but for the price it gets the job done well.

Also what is the race line up?

460PP Mini's on Madrid Reverse - 4 laps
450PP 90's Japanese (no RM's) on Autumn Ring Reverse - 5 laps Sports Soft
550PP Classic USA Muscle ('70 or earlier, FR) on Mazda Laguna Seca - 5 laps (Grudge Match) Racing Soft
650PP Anything Goes on Sarthe 2009 (no chicane) - 3 laps (boost on High

The 450 was fun but the 475 I found more interesting. I really didn't like the Minis on that track, maybe one with a few jumps. I really think there should be a 575, too many cars top out in that range and go no further with plenty of lovelies.

Tru dat. I thought they were all great except the last one. The Tsukuba race quickly became a "hope someone screws up" race. The rest were pretty awesome and most of them could have been anyone's race. There were a lot of close finishes.

Syn, on that 270R I sent you. All I ended up doing for the 475 race was lift the engine limiter and throw on Racing Soft, I think you'll like the way that handles a bit better than the Sports Soft. Probably still too "loose" for you but I found it worked best for me.

Had fun....everything was great until the muscle car race when chat stopped working for me.

Racing with a wheel is definitely different. It wasn't the zig that got me, it was the zag in any of the back-to-back corners or 180s. When I was on, I was catching up....then I'd hit one of those turns....or I would park the car perpendicular to a wall coming out of one of those. :)

My F1 really disappointed me on the last. Race. Won't be doing that again the. grudge match was epic. Until you guys realized I was about to win.

Natty was the clear winner from Sunday's race (just the regular five races we did).

1st- Natural_Defect: 3 points
2nd- smthng: 7 points
3rd- SynGamer: 12 points
4th- Mad39er: 15 points
5th- AGENTspecial: 20 points
6th- j-cart: 22 points
7th- evilwon: 26 points

Pictures didn't transfer properly, so I will get those up later.

Great times racing again. I need to practice more, was super rusty and it showed. Can't wait for next week!

P.S. you guys down for a Secret Santa? With the full amount of guys (bearhawk, totalmcphase, and one more i think) it would be something nice to do for sticking together for almost a year now.

[quote name='j-cart']P.S. you guys down for a Secret Santa? With the full amount of guys (bearhawk, totalmcphase, and one more i think) it would be something nice to do for sticking together for almost a year now.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for a secret santa so long as the limit is reasonable. Having raced most of you for almost every week this past year, I feel like you're my brothers from other mothers ;)

bread's done
Back