CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

Sorry I couldn't make it, my cousin came to town for the weekend(just left this afternoon).
The races you have listed look like fun to me.

Sorry guys. Not blowing anyone off, but prepping my house to potentially put it on the market - so not much time for gaming lately. When I do get to game, it generally involves opening something up for my 4 year old in SW Lego's so he can advance or open up another character/vehicle.

Now, once I finish up with my list of 20+ items (or most of them) to get through before we can put the house up, I will be more than ready to do some racing.

Syn I wasn't going to spin you...then you turned in that truck with the backend sticking out there just screaming for me to hit it. I couldn't resist:rofl:

Had a great time last night guys. I highly recommend holding onto those Mini Marcos ;) Also, I was thinking of making a small oval track and getting some muscle cars on them. I use to play some Red vs Blue on TOCA 3, basically, 2 teams of 4 players each, the goal is to get 1 car across the finish line first (before the other team). It was a grunge match from the get-go with cars turning around and going backwards, trying to slow the other team down. A lot of fun, I want to try it if I can find the right track.

I just got my Watkins Glen tickets in the mail today so this Sunday is a big IF for me. I took Monday off so playing late isn't an issue, nor sleep. If I make it home by 9 I'll definitely jump on. That said, I'd like to get some confirmation on who will host and who plans to show up.

DUDES, PSN store has a video about the top 16 of the GT Academy. DL it and watch it. Fun stuff, Lucas Ordonez talks a bit about his experience with it.

fuck The Tester, this should have been the reality tv show that Sony should have made.

/edit: So holy crap the GT Academy will actually be a reality show on Speed TV.

[quote name='j-cart']DUDES, PSN store has a video about the top 16 of the GT Academy. DL it and watch it. Fun stuff, Lucas Ordonez talks a bit about his experience with it.

fuck The Tester, this should have been the reality tv show that Sony should have made.

/edit: So holy crap the GT Academy will actually be a reality show on Speed TV.[/QUOTE]

They actually did. Its going to be on SPEED sometime starting in September.

If youre looking for a challenge, trying running my beloved Merc 190E Evo DTM on the Eiger seasonal. I have yet to do better than 4 seconds back on the first place car without throwing on the large turbo.

Anyone interested in getting on tonight around 8:30 and testing out some of the TCs and perhaps other combos?

EDIT: Guess not. That's fine, food time anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be on to dick around with my music play list and do some practice before we get running. I haven't driven in GT5 in like months now.

[quote name='smthng']Pretty sure I can be on at 8:30 tonight.

We got a track and car list for tonight?[/QUOTE]
That was going to be my next question. If all else fails, the Clio/Lutecia Trophy car race is a very easy decision at 57k. I got a smexy little red I want to use. I am at the mercy of our host though.

Home. Race washed out today so I'll have the room up around 8:30. I'm thinking our standard Kart race, followed by a Touring Car race (490PP). I wouldn't mind an Audi A4 Touring Car ’04 race on Nurburgring GD/P, but it's $500k so we'll see. I don't mind making it up as we go since we can buy parts from within the lobby.

[quote name='SynGamer']Home. Race washed out today so I'll have the room up around 8:30. I'm thinking our standard Kart race, followed by a Touring Car race (490PP). I wouldn't mind an Audi A4 Touring Car ’04 race on Nurburgring GD/P, but it's $500k so we'll see. I don't mind making it up as we go since we can buy parts from within the lobby.[/QUOTE]
Hey Syn, your blog is down, parse error or whathaveyou.

Any thoughts on the Clio/Lutecia trophy race? Cheapy, MR and one make essentially. Eiger Short ;)

Great racing last night guys. Amazing how much more fun can be had with 6 people vs. 4 :D I especially liked the Bugatti race on Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicane). I'm favoring that over SSR7 mainly for the twists and turns and the sandtraps.

[quote name='SynGamer']Great racing last night guys. Amazing how much more fun can be had with 6 people vs. 4 :D I especially liked the Bugatti race on Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicane). I'm favoring that over SSR7 mainly for the twists and turns and the sandtraps.[/QUOTE]
You know somebody caught air at 150+ mph, right? I got the picture on the PS3, I'll have it on the PC shortly. It happened so fast you could have missed it midway down towards where the first chicane would be on the second lap.

I wish there was a PS3 Dropbox program because it'd be easier to upload it from the PS3 than to embrace my laziness and swap cables around to load it onto my PSP and then onto the PC.

Frame reverse in the replays would be a really nice addition as well.

Excellent racing again! Good to see Mad back in play. :)

I got disconnected on the last race, but here are some pics!

WOOOSSSHH!! 1400kg @ 900+bhp, is not easy to control.

6046234137_da21cd16ce_z.jpg

AHHH I'm sideways!

6046783332_e54306d952_z.jpg

But I came in first! What you gonna do next? Ride that ferris wheel.

6046785978_445f6ecc78_z.jpg

MY HAWTWHEELS!

6046787176_85af859b50_z.jpg

Syn in the lead.

6046229239_98cb04c826_z.jpg

Syn being dirty.

6046782174_bbd181c9fd_z.jpg

Just assume it was Syn.

6046782660_55f70ff35e_z.jpg

Yeah, someone spun me. The might have been the time I got sideways from someone trying to spin me, got it almost corrected and someone else spun me the other way

I should check the back of my M&M's car. I know at one point it had one of the two guys screaming in fear, I think back when they first started sponsoring the car

371268777_tp.jpg

[quote name='SynGamer']Great shots guys, keep them coming! Still waiting for Mad to post his :D[/QUOTE]
Sent you the picture, should be in your PSN inbox. I'm too lazy to do all the cable swapping at this moment and I can't find my spare short charging cable to make it one less cable to swap.

[quote name='j-cart']USB thumb drive Mad, you can transfer the pictures onto a thumb stick.[/QUOTE]
Both of my front facing USB ports are essentially taken by keyboard and mouse on extended USB cables so I can type/mouse from bed. PS3 is far enough away that it's an effort to get my fat ass up and do it that way. All I'm one short cable away from having to leave bed to do it, next time I get up I'm sure I'll find it, I'm just not motivated to hunt for it right this second.

Embrace the lazy, California. I didn't get fat being active.

[quote name='bearhawk72']You can upload it to file sites on the internet from the PS3 browser[/QUOTE]
Which ones? I couldn't upload to the one service I'm currently using. That reminds me, time to cancel that.

There are a few that work, I don't remember off hand which they are though

You can also email it to yourself using the browser, then do the normal image hosting thing on PC

I just received the X2010. A big thank you to everyone that used my drivers for their B-spec races. I went from level 3 to 35 ALL thanks you to guys :D

[quote name='smthng']Speaking. Of which...

We racing tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I will...

Was thinking we can start off with the Marcos on Eiger again, and then soem TC race(s) and perhaps a recommended or two, followed by the Bugatti's on Sarthe again.

bread's done
Back