CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

[quote name='crymeth']yeah i sgined up hi every body im crymeth i hate you all :)[/quote]

November 2008? GTFO.

Oh and your grammar sucks.

I'm still waiting for the final vote for the 1st round of Captain voting, but the voting for team name has come to a BONUS ROUND (i.e. There was a tie).

Bear in mind that I would prefer to keep the team name choices of CAG teams as a permanent designation, as opposed to changing them on a whim or each season (some teams do this A LOT). CAG members can play for different teams, but I think the statistical contributions and victories of each team should remain with the team name, a legacy of sorts. Teams may go inactive due to lack of members, but can always be revived in future seasons. So consider your choice when voting.

Also, jakehoss has agreed to create a new emblem for the rookie team when a team name has been selected. If you like the veteran's CAG emblem, then you guys are going to love what he creates for you.

One vote, two choices:

Genocide
Giraffes

PM/IM me your choice, and we will wrap this part up. :)

UPDATE: Rookie Captain voting has reached the next round! There is a clear front-runner (netting a voting weight of 6, meaning 3 of you would prefer to take lead under this player if not yourself, and two others who earned a voting weight of 3, a tie for 2nd place). I believe it would be unfair to indicate who is in the lead (as that would potentially sway the election), so I'm thinking we will need an additional round of voting to whittle the field to 2. So, here's what we're going to do, the 3 contenders are:

Dastly
Phish
Rocky

Send me your 1st and 2nd pick, you can vote for yourself in either position, if a single person is the 1st choice for at least 3 members of the team (not including themselves), I will call the election and name them the Rookie Team Captain (this actually happened in the 1st round, and if you are all willing to rally behind this person, then I think the purpose of the election is fulfilled and we will move on). So there you have it, go out and vote.

~HotShotX

Last edited by a moderator:
Voting Update:

Ok guys, it's been 3 days since I started the latest round of voting, and I've still yet to receive votes from 2 people. One of them has an excuse, and the other is apparently ignoring the messages I've been sending them online.

With that being said, I'm not going to let this go on indefinitely. I've got enough polling data to make a reasonable decision as to the choice of Team Name & Captain, and if the remaining votes are not received by 9pm EST today, I will call the election, announce the winners, and explain how I arrived at that decision.

Also, if you are available, lets get the rookies and vets on for a few games and plays tonight. Same time, 9pm EST.

Update: I'm an idiot and forgot both rookies would be absent this weekend, my bad. :) I got the missing votes.

~HotShotX

I hereby designate and congratulate Dastly as Captain of the CAG Rookie Team! As I mentioned before, Dastly earned the 1st-tier support of 3/4ths of his teammates, netting himself 6 points of voting weight in the 1st round and more than half of the votes in the second round.

With that being said, the rookies will enter Grifball Winter League 2009 as Cheap Ass...

http://www.vimeo.com/2138660

I'm bringing Dastly up to speed now, and getting the team registered. With that being said, registration for Winter League 2009 begins this Wednesday, so I need all Legacy players to PM me their top 3 choices from the following list, and for the rookies to do the same for Dastly.

ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL

Monday Divs
Division 1 Monday 5:00 PM
Division 2 Monday 7:30 PM
Division 3 Monday 10:00 PM

Tuesday Divs
Division 4 Tuesday 6:00 PM
Division 5 Tuesday 7:30 PM
Division 6 Tuesday 10:00 PM

Wednesday Divs
Division 7 Wednesday 7:00 PM
Division 8 Wednesday 8:30 PM
Division 9 Wednesday 10:00 PM

Thursday Divs
Division 10 Thursday 1:00 PM
Division 11 Thursday 8:00 PM
Division 12 Thursday 10:00 PM

Friday Divs
Division 13 Friday 7:00 PM
Division 14 Friday 8:30 PM
Division 15 Friday 10:00 PM

Saturday Divs
Division 16 Saturday 4:00 PM
Division 17 Saturday 7:30 PM
Division 18 Saturday 10:00 PM

Sunday Divs
Division 19 Sunday 2:00 PM
Division 20 Sunday 6:00 PM
Division 21 Sunday 9:00 PM

~HotShotX

Sorry for my lack of communication. I have to work 6:00 PM - 2:30 AM (Central) almost every day without a clear knowledge of the next week's days off (thank you management). Put that on top of how we have people moving out of the house, so I've been running around trying to find appliances, dishes, and pretty much everything. Put THAT on top of me trying to spark this new romantic relationship, and my schedule pretty much explodes in a spray of woodchips and shame.

Anyway, Congrats Dastly on becoming Captain. I know you'll do a great job leading us to sweet sweet victory. We are the Cheap Ass Giraffes!

Great practice last night guys, we may have just ran plays for an hour but quite honestly I felt we got more improvement during that hour than during most of the scrimmages we play. We'll do even more Friday night, and do some 4v4 CAG practice as well to run some of the plays we've practiced.

~HotShotX

Can't believe I haven't got into this yet. I always heard about Grifball but never really looked into it until I saw this thread.

Since I doubt I can still join up still since teams have already been registered, and I am obviously quite new to it , I was wondering If I can join in on a practice game with you guys (if anything, just to watch) in hopes of getting a feel for it and preparing myself for a possible future spot on the team ;). Well just let me know if its cool or not.

Cheap Ass Giraffes have been registered for Winter League.

Indignate, you are welcome to join our practice. Rookie team should be on tonight around 8:30. Due to our diverse schedules, we like to have more members who can commit time to practice.

[quote name='Kazink']What division did Legacy sign up for?[/quote]

Registration might re-open later if there are a few spots open, so I'll PM you this info.

~HotShotX

Hey Guys. I'll have some prototypes For the new team logo in the next couple of days. So, Prepare for abnormally high levels of win.

[quote name='jakehoss']Hey Guys. I'll have some prototypes For the new team logo in the next couple of days. So, Prepare for abnormally high levels of win.[/quote]

I was wondering if I should check up on you or not :). Sounds awesome.

I expect "sexiness abounds" levels of win in the coming days. I'll let you work your magic, jake, thanks.

~HotShotX

[quote name='jakehoss']Hey Guys. I'll have some prototypes For the new team logo in the next couple of days. So, Prepare for abnormally high levels of win.[/quote]

Thanks for the time and effort. I know it's not always easy to lend time to these sort of things.

time for everyone to make fun of the team picture now. I mean phish really look at your legs there all messed up.

Me and Draekon won the bum-rush today

now Hotshot can put something under the Tournament Wins on our grifballpedia page :p

[quote name='Kazink']Me and Draekon won the bum-rush today[/quote]

I saw that. Congrats Kaz and Draekon for winning today's Bum-Rush.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Draekon']Now that I've proven myself, it's time for a coup d'état.[/quote]

I wasn't aware there was competition over the position of "Epic Tank"

~HotShotX

I've pretty much stopped tanking for the most part and you know it. I'm now called "Epic warp sword up your ass person thingy."

Only reason my K/D is so low these days is because I go for those nigh impossible lunges by ignoring the enemies coming in on my sides. I only get those lunges about 10% of the time, but I perform those on the enemies side of the field so it doesn't really hurt us.

Yup welcome Nirvana Froot to the Giraffes. He has league experience and we appreciate his forthcoming contribution to the team.

Ok Men.. Here goes nothing.... sorry for the delay, Yur pal hoss here has had a couple of really shitty weeks of late.

cheapassgiraffelogoblacksml.jpg

cheapassgiraffelogowhitesml.jpg

Super mondo sized versions below
cheapassgiraffelogoblack.jpg

cheapassgiraffelogowhite.jpg

Hey! It's KMS EXTREME, the guy who is currently in the process of trying out for CAGiraffes. I have (obviously) made an account on this website. Shoot me a message via RT or XBL. Cya!

I am in the group yay! Does that mean that I'm on the team? I thought that I had to go to another practice before I was officially on it. I will check these forums semi-constantly whenever I can.

MaGGoT 4 LyFe,
KMS

Yes welcome to the Cheap Ass Giraffes KMS. You will have to attend a few practices before you are considered to play in a league match. Always good to get another giraffe for the herd.

Wazzup? I'm gonna be on for a few hours cuz I'm home alone with no homework. It would be cool if you guys could come play a little.

Please don't come to my house and rape me,
KMS

Hey KMS, we have a scrimmage at 10, if someone doesn't show up, I can play you as a backup. Some of us might be on before then, maybe like 9:30 PM EST. You need to leave your current team on grifball.com before I can add you to CAGi on grifball.com

Someday Night Grifball
Cheap Ass Gamer vs Bleep Bloop!
Wednesday, December 31st, 8:30pm CST.

Epicness just hit a new level of lolz.

Hey,
Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but when in need turn to those on CAG.
I would really be intrested in getting into grifball, and was wondering the best way to go about it. i hit up the official forums but other then begging to be on a team there is not really any open to the public games going on.
Thanks
-LT

Well, right now the winter league is in progress, so you'll find it hard to get onto a team. You best bet is to practice with us/other teams. Show what you can do and try to get onto a team for next season.

[quote name='Kazink']Congrats to CAG on their double SNGB win last night

http://www.justin.tv/hockey3punk3/archive[/quote]

To see CAG play, select the Dec. 28th, 2008 archive, then fast forward to 7:34pm. Don't fast forward too fast though, otherwise Firefox will crash (did for me). Let 1-2 seconds play between each FF.

CAG plays 3 games in the video:

Grifball: CAG vs. Gaming So Hard
MLG: CAG vs. Gaming So Hard
Grifball: CAG vs. That's What She Said

Watch the two Grifball games, they also have color commentary/announcing :)

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back