CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

I grabbed my copy today.. I hope to get some time this evening to give it a spin.. I would certainly be up for some online play with everyone. Looks like fun.

Nopeski...I kind of wish I would have never had such a blast playing mp last night, as it really did nothing more than make me realize what I am missing out on now. Lets hope Gamespy can get their act together by tomorrow morning!

Ok lads, I've put the first game up for sunday evening.

I figured a few days was enough for people to get aquainted with the SP and maybe a little multi. And if not what better way than to mess around with fellow CAGs.

Right now I'll say I'll be hosting, but I'm sure there'll be no shortage of back-ups. And I don't know what we'll be doing either, I figure we'll just make it up as it goes along.

On a side note I might be on later tonight, around 9 EDT if anyone want's to hook up. I think I got 1 maybe 2 open slots on my friends list.

And remember the OP contains a list of people who'll regularly play so make sure a few of them are on your list as that's how you get invited into the game. Just like COD and Burnout.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It is. I played a little deathmatch earlier.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'll be on sometime tonight.

I've decided to dedicate an entire PSN game handle entirely to Grand Theft Auto IV. It's sooo much easier to keep track of GTA specific people that way.

I'm up for a game anytime.

PSN: WarpedCore

[quote name='warpedcore']I've decided to dedicate an entire PSN game handle entirely to Grand Theft Auto IV. It's sooo much easier to keep track of GTA specific people that way.

I'm up for a game anytime.

PSN: WarpedCore[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea at least until they extend the friends list.

OK finally got my copy in from Gamefly today.. I will try to be online later so if you see me on invite me, or I will join the CAG nights

YO! played some Car Jack City for a little while, everything ran just as smooth as the game does. Pretty sweet. I'll be ready for Sunday. Brit, if you're setting up the games, you should check out the 1up.com review of the game where they describe a custom multiplayer mode they setup called "King Kong". A round of that sounds SWEET!

Yo Smog sorry for not hopping into the game. I was doing some missions and stuff.

Damn my game froze.

So how do the stats record? It says right now I only have one game played, but I think I played at least 5. Does it take a long time for them to register?

[quote name='metrognome']Brit, if you're setting up the games, you should check out the 1up.com review of the game where they describe a custom multiplayer mode they setup called "King Kong". A round of that sounds SWEET![/quote]

I saw the video of that last week...it looked freakin' awesome!

For those who don't know, you use a helicopter to drop most of the players at the top of the "Empire State Building" with rocket launchers...the dudes with the RLs then try to take out the heli and the dude with the heli tries to blast the other guys off the top of the skyscraper.

I kept trying to do multiplayer last night but the server would kick me each time. Even when I tried to create games, it would start adding people then kick me off. Was anyone else having disconnect problems?

[quote name='saltdawg218']I kept trying to do multiplayer last night but the server would kick me each time. Even when I tried to create games, it would start adding people then kick me off. Was anyone else having disconnect problems?[/quote]

Not here. I had trouble getting connected all day, but once it let me in it was perfectly stable. Played a couple of rounds with Blackout and some other dudes...it was a blast.

Smog, you gonna be there for sunday night? If so you wanna host? You seem to have the most practice/knowledge so far so I'd be more comfortable with you doing it as I'm still a GTA online :newbie:.

I am so down for playing this online.

My PSN ID is cdietschrun.

I am going to be adding people in the OP to my friends list to hope they want to play.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah, I played online for a long time last night. Even hosted 14 peeps in Deathmatch...[/QUOTE]

Good games yesterday smiggity,freeky,bornrunnin, Tuna and everyone else. I liked the part where in the lobby we all jumped out of the helicopter.Great fun!:D

Alright I just picked up GTAIV .. the cannot connect to game provider is an issue on their end, right? Anything I can do to try and make it work ? TY

[quote name='js1']Good games yesterday smiggity,freeky,bornrunnin, Tuna and everyone else. I liked the part where in the lobby we all jumped out of the helicopter.Great fun!:D[/quote]

Like, together at the same time? I SOOO wanna do that! LOL! :lol:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Like, together at the same time? I SOOO wanna do that! LOL! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yup!:D

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Like, together at the same time? I SOOO wanna do that! LOL! :lol:[/quote]

Bring your mic next time! I was getting pretty frustrated whenever I kept trying to climb that damn ladder on the side of the building, and you kept killing me!:bomb: I think we went back and forth with that for at least 5 minutes, lol.

But, that's why I was trying to get up there. So I could go sky diving!

2mhdh7b.gif

;9[quote name='StrandedBrit']Smog, you gonna be there for sunday night? If so you wanna host? You seem to have the most practice/knowledge so far so I'd be more comfortable with you doing it as I'm still a GTA online :newbie:.[/quote]

I will try to make it happen...Looks like they took out all the stat tracking in order to stabilize the servers..

I juuuuuuuust picked this up... yay for me. I will have to mess around with it before I jump in with yall online. But I will be joining the group online soon!

Is it just me or is the ranking system broken? I've hit level 2 in two separate occasions but it just resets to zero every time I play online again. The only good thing is that the costumes stay unlocked instead of resetting.

Shit Guys, I think Im not gonna be on until way later cuz my Hawks just took the Celtics to game 7 which is Sunday at 8pm! If anybody wants to play Saturday night or stay on for a while Sunday I'm down... GO HAWKS! (ATL for those who aint up on it!)

Hey, I was just having the (apparently network-related) freeze where it hangs on the loading screen. I signed out of PSN, started the game, then went to the multiplayer option on the phone where I was able to log back into PSN. Now it seems to be working. Just a heads up in case this hasn't been posted.

[quote name='Sinistar']cops n robbers mode is pretty fun ::)[/quote]

Yes it was, I had lots of fun last night playing with you guys. :)

I R confused...How does one play Car Jack City? I'm I supposed to get any car and put them in garages, or are we supposed to get only certain cars?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Oh ok, I see how it is... I can take a hint. :bomb:
lol :lol:
[/quote]

Ahaha. Actually, I was inspired by seeing this happen in one of the first Cops & Crooks games last night. You just went spinning through the air and I couldn't get the image out of my head for the rest of the game. :lol:

bread's done
Back