CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

[quote name='bmachine']That massive jump over the broken expressway was awesome! Hit that thing just right.[/quote]

That was nice. I thought we were done with after that.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']LOL! I was trying my best to steer the car, m'kay!? :p:lol:[/quote]

We almost made it too! At least we went down with the ship. Well except me. Too bad the collision detection was off, because the car actually landed on me and I survived.

I just picked this game up last Friday and have been playing it like crazy. I should be on tomorrow night also if there are any games going on.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Let's try some GTA racing next time. :)[/quote]

Definitely! I propose an all-$$$gio race through Times Square! ;)

I may let you guys also play on Wednesday or Thursday as an official night this week.

A change I decided to make to CAG PSN Gaming is Friday, Saturday, Sunday (GTAIV), and Monday are reserved for a game (where official nights of other games, except under certain circumstances like for Tekken 5: DR Online). The rest of the days, can be used to play smaller games and a newer popular game people just can't get enough of (like appears to be the case with GTAIV). As time moves on, another game will be played often, or many smaller games may get more playing time.

I care very much CAG PSN Gaming enjoys themselves. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I may let you guys also play on Wednesday or Thursday as an official night this week.[/quote]

So...what's the difference between an OFFICIAL CAG GAMING NIGHT and a bunch of us just getting together and playing?

[quote name='bmachine']So...what's the difference between an OFFICIAL CAG GAMING NIGHT and a bunch of us just getting together and playing?[/quote]

Not a lot. Official game night gets more exposure though so maybe more tend to make it.

[quote name='bmachine']So...what's the difference between an OFFICIAL CAG GAMING NIGHT and a bunch of us just getting together and playing?[/QUOTE]The difference is a main CAG Gaming Night will get exposed to the forum, meaning the thread title will say so and that will be the main game getting pushed for the day. If it isn't an official night, a few can get together and play (no problems with that), but it cannot be pushed heavily to a point where no one shows up for other games because of a game getting pushed heavily that's already played everyday. Someone is more than welcome to say they will play X night in the thread (even if it isn't official).

I do this because let's take CoD4 as an example. If both games were heavily pushed at the same time, it could really hurt CoD4 since GTAIV is pretty new and has the excitement right now. There are certain CoD4 players who do not own GTAIV and may never buy it (like me). If too few show up at CoD4 night because of the overlap, that may cause (and it's kind of been proven true with other games) the more regular CoD4 players who don't own GTAIV to stop coming (due to too few showing up the previous time), and then CoD4 night would be dead and were out a game night (same case with Warhawk, UT3, etc.). That's why I want to be careful not to severely hurt other games, but at least have a few open nights for the current most popular game.

[quote name='bmachine']So...what's the difference between an OFFICIAL CAG GAMING NIGHT and a bunch of us just getting together and playing?[/quote]

Personally, I usually have more fun just randomly getting together and playing...So when I am on, send me an invite and I can host a few matches or whatnot..Actually just got done playing with Cursed, and it was mad fun..

Just destroyed some random guys in deathmatch. I think they were mad because I kept blowing them up with the RPG while they shot at me with their pistols. :twisted:

freaky, I was going to start a race but you were the only person online. Maybe we can have a 1v1 racing duel sometime. :)

[quote name='metaly']

freaky, I was going to start a race but you were the only person online. Maybe we can have a 1v1 racing duel sometime. :)[/quote]

Sure, feel free to send me an invite anytime since I have yet to try the GTA racing online... Heard nothing but good things about it. :)

I haven't been able to hit anyone with a rocket launcher, they can usually walk a few steps to the side in the time it gets to them.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Sure, feel free to send me an invite anytime since I have yet to try the GTA racing online... Heard nothing but good things about it. :)[/quote]

I cant tell if you guys are serious or joking...I thought the race mode was weak personally. If I host tonite and u guys are serious, Ill throw a GTA race in there for sure...

[quote name='zengonzo']I haven't been able to hit anyone with a rocket launcher, they can usually walk a few steps to the side in the time it gets to them.[/quote]

Freaky and I were playing deathmatch the other night and it was rocketlauncher-apalooza. The splash damage is pretty significant, too...you really just have to aim NEAR someone for them to get taken out by the explosion.

[quote name='smiggity']I cant tell if you guys are serious or joking...I thought the race mode was weak personally. If I host tonite and u guys are serious, Ill throw a GTA race in there for sure...[/quote]

That's cool, I really did want to try it to see if it IS any good. ;)
And yes, I was serious... :whistle2:|

[quote name='bmachine']Freaky and I were playing deathmatch the other night and it was rocketlauncher-apalooza. The splash damage is pretty significant, too...you really just have to aim NEAR someone for them to get taken out by the explosion.[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't know RLs caused damage like that initially, and should prove very useful when up on a building, or somewhere high... Though to be frank, I feel that the speed the rocket launches at is a bit slow. I think Warhawk spoiled me in that sense. ;)

That was the fuck when we were playing DM the other day, we had the cops on the runaround for the longest time. It was fun :D

[quote name='smiggity']I cant tell if you guys are serious or joking...I thought the race mode was weak personally. If I host tonite and u guys are serious, Ill throw a GTA race in there for sure...[/quote]

That's cuz you got your arse kicked the only time we ever played :lol:

I thought the standard Race mode was pretty fun, although with friends it's easy for it to just degenerate into a crashing contest since the cars aren't glued to the road like in a racing game. GTA Race was also fun but, again, after one lap my friend and I were out of our cars and shooting each other. It was a lot of fun, but we might as well have picked Deathmatch. :)

Looking forward to some games tonight, whenever I end up getting on. I gots to make more money!!

[quote name='bmachine']Freaky and I were playing deathmatch the other night and it was rocketlauncher-apalooza. The splash damage is pretty significant, too...you really just have to aim NEAR someone for them to get taken out by the explosion.[/quote]

Well I was playing rocketlauncher-apalooza last night and *twice* I aimed at a guy who would *not* die. Twice I ended up emptying my rocket launcher and the guy was still alive and then I got killed.

Man was I pissed off. :bomb:

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Well I was playing rocketlauncher-apalooza last night and *twice* I aimed at a guy who would *not* die. Twice I ended up emptying my rocket launcher and the guy was still alive and then I got killed.

Man was I pissed off. :bomb:[/quote]

Weird. Anyone who's played with me will tell you that I die REALLY well. And often. So maybe it was just me. ;)

I seem to remember a lot of rocketlauncher vs. speeding automobile action, so maybe it's more effective against vehicles than people.

Regardless, we had fun.
[quote name='cdietschrun']Woot, I'm in tonight. Whoever needs my PSN please tell me so we can add each other.[/quote]
Sent you a friend request.

A little rocky at first but, ultimately, that was a damn good time. Thanks to all for playing.

I want an all-$$$gio, all-rocketlaunchers race at some point.

Hooooh boy. I need to put my brain on ice after all that. I can't believe we did free mode for like... I don't even know. It must have been at least an hour. I don't think I'm a big fan of Mafiya Work, but GTA Race with 6 or 7 people was absolutely nuts.

My favorite moments:

- During one of the huge battles in Algonquin, the zombie pulled up right in front of me on a motorcycle and sprayed me with bullets. The zombie is so freaky and hilarious at the same time.

- Frantically trying to jack and enter a little hatchback during the race, while watching bornrunnin's car barreling down a hill straight towards me. Got in just in time.

- Again during the GTA race, me running towards the finish line on foot while bornrunnin steers his flaming shell of a car towards me. I just barely got away from that, too. :D

Also all those times when it spawned me and freaky would already be 10 feet away and pointing an AK at me. :bomb:

Looking forward to the next GTA night!

That was interesting. I think I did alright for my first multiplayer outing, got in a few good kills. If I don't already know you from Warhawk, feel free to hit me up with a friend request.

And Brit could you add my name to the first post? Thanks.

Finally got to level 2, and unlocked the zombie! It's too disturbing for me to use, though. Also, I don't know whether level 2 necessarily means you get the zombie or not, I just noticed the option when I went to check out my new clothes.

Has anyone else noticed some inconsistency with how much cash you need to level up? After tonight's game I needed about $10 for the next level, so just now I got back on and it jumped back up to $3000, then down to $200 even though I definitely didn't earn $2800 in one round. I wonder if it's just the servers getting out of sync or what.

[quote name='metaly']- During one of the huge battles in Algonquin, the zombie pulled up right in front of me on a motorcycle and sprayed me with bullets. The zombie is so freaky and hilarious at the same time.[/quote]

[quote name='metaly']Finally got to level 2, and unlocked the zombie! It's too disturbing for me to use, though. Also, I don't know whether level 2 necessarily means you get the zombie or not, I just noticed the option when I went to check out my new clothes.[/quote]

LOL...that was me last night!

The zombie is awesome...if you press L1 while running around the city he'll growl at the NPC's and they'll run in horror. It's amazing.

Ya the ranking system is messed up...Ive been a level 3 on four seperate occasions, and every time i start up again Im back @ level 2. Kind of pisses me off.

Edit-David Reeves of SCEE said we will probably get some GTA4 dlc. I know we all thought we would get it, but it is nice to have it semi-confirmed from the big dogs..

[quote name='metaly']

- Frantically trying to jack and enter a little hatchback during the race, while watching bornrunnin's car barreling down a hill straight towards me. Got in just in time.

- Again during the GTA race, me running towards the finish line on foot while bornrunnin steers his flaming shell of a car towards me. I just barely got away from that, too. :D
[/quote]

That first one was still satisfying just to plow into your car at full speed. But, I would've loved to crush and pin your body between your car and mine :twisted:

And the second, my car just wouldn't move up that damn hill anymore and you got away. Then, I didn't get out in time and I went up in flames.

Hopefully I can start making it around the 10pm hour and not show up at midnight.

Also, THERE'S A ZOMBIE!?!?!?!? That is awesome.

bread's done
Back