CAG Hot Shots Golf: OoB Night [ Who Knows ]

Well, I may delay the game until 10pm EST now, because I ended up forgetting due to a PM. I'm just now getting on.

If anyone tried to play at 9pm EST, I apologize.

Mana -

If you ever clear some room on that freinds list, add me. I would love to play some online HSG, but it seems that every time you try to organize a time to play, my wife organizes my life in a different direction than the TV. I'd have better luck just finding you online.

I have sprintfinanceguy and TheRock on my buddy list, so I can play them whenever they'd want to play. Right now, I'm kind of leaving Hot Shots Golf up in the air until people tell me what time/day they'd like to play on.

All right, I know it has been a while (things have been a bit crazy), but I will try to host a Hot Shots Golf game this week. I'm thinking Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'll let everyone know the day by tomorrow hopefully.

I'm thinking of maybe having a game tomorrow, but leaving the time up in the air. If we can't get something worked out, I'll try again in two weeks (but announce way ahead of time). I apologize, I've been doing way too much as of late and sometimes forget to post in this thread reminding everyone.

To let everyone know, Hot Shots Golf: OoB just got updated with voice chat in match play. If people want to play online with it, I'll definitely have a CAG night again (you all know I'm a bit HSG fan. ;) ).

I'm down for that TMK. Been looking to get back into this game, hopefully we'll have more people than the last few times we've played.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']To let everyone know, Hot Shots Golf: OoB just got updated with voice chat in match play. If people want to play online with it, I'll definitely have a CAG night again (you all know I'm a bit HSG fan. ;) ).[/quote]

I'd definitely like to play, but keep in mind I don't have much in terms of a save file, so I'd be bringing up the rear weekly! And I'll definitely be getting that voice chat update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there a lot of people like me that took advantage of the Amazon deal. I've yet to try the online play, but if you guys get a game going I'd love to join in.

If people would like sometime early on Saturday or Sunday, at 6pm EST, I could do that. Or else, I could even do earlier on Monday before the UT3 night (like at 8pm EST). Just let me know what works best for you and we'll figure something out.

This game can be so frustrating, sometimes I wonder why I play it. Who puts the hole on top of a hill, so if the person misses the ball rolls all the way down? Argh...

To let everyone know, PLEASE play the game 3 hours before CAG night to update your game online. The game still uses the old update system where you have to re-download a large file every time to add tiny features. Please do it way BEFORE CAG night so you can get in.

Sorry for the large font, but I need everyones attention.

what's the update? they have voice chat now? that might make me go back and revisit this game, I have basically put it away for good lately.

[quote name='DestroVega']what's the update? they have voice chat now? that might make me go back and revisit this game, I have basically put it away for good lately.[/QUOTE]Yes, there is voicechat online, but I dunno how it all works.

The only online mode I've tried playing is where everyone plays on their own and the scoreboard updates after each hole. Not sure how voice chat would make that better, but maybe there's other modes I've missed out on.

[quote name='arnoldhead']The only online mode I've tried playing is where everyone plays on their own and the scoreboard updates after each hole. Not sure how voice chat would make that better, but maybe there's other modes I've missed out on.[/QUOTE]There's match play and other modes too. Haven't decided which we'll do.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I believe so (one flaw with the old updating system).[/quote]

I actually didn't have to update for Toro. I guess it was in that voice chat update. I still have the US demo on my hard drive but it didn't unlock a character at the start :(

I have every Novice character now, though. Also, can we please keep it on the simple side. No advanced shots only, please. I hate those, especially for putting.

[quote name='KingBroly']I actually didn't have to update for Toro. I guess it was in that voice chat update. I still have the US demo on my hard drive but it didn't unlock a character at the start :(

I have every Novice character now, though. Also, can we please keep it on the simple side. No advanced shots only, please. I hate those, especially for putting.[/QUOTE]I never lock the game to advanced shots only, because I don't even use it.

Actually, I haven't had a Hot Shots Golf night since the Summer, but decided to resurrect it this week.

[quote name='DestroVega']what is toro?[/quote]

Toro is Playstation's mascot in Japan. You can download Toro off the PS Store for free. Toro is also a white cat.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I never lock the game to advanced shots only, because I don't even use it.

Actually, I haven't had a Hot Shots Golf night since the Summer, but decided to resurrect it this week.[/quote]

Decided to get a few practice matches in yesterday (first time I've played ps3 version, spent plenty of time on the psp) and only used advanced shots. Only took me 1 9hole round and I've got it down pretty good. A little frustrating at times, but the traditional way is just too easy so I want to mix it up.

Oops, I'm so sorry for not posting this everyone. Here's the server info for tonight:

Schedule:
Date: 1/22
Time: 10pm EST
Type: Groups

I'll try to figure that one out. And I hope you have your mic. I hope it isn't push button voice chat, though.

Yeah, I wish we had voice chat (I don't even know how to go about that in the first place), but despite some major beefs by me (last 2 holes in the first match, and that one hole in the last match (+4 due to 2 OB's), it was fun. Especially those 2 chip shots on back to back holes :)

I'm also wondering if it's possible to hold our own Private CAG Tournament.

I wanted to do Tournament, but haven't figured it out. Thanks a lot for showing up. I apologize for doing stroke play (I forgot the gameplay mode we did) first. Next time if we have a night, it will go smoothly. This may be the last HSG night for a while though.

bread's done
Back