CAG is now a BestBuy affiliate

[quote name='Enuf']Are you silver? You know there's gonna be a credit deal for this huge title & by the time it releases the 60 price protection will be in effect. All new releases will be $40 or less.

As for the trading ban, I'll be making a BB thread to voice opinions on how they need to correct the trade in process from the ground up. Hopefully we can get some changes before year end.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I mean, obviously they 'fixed' the 'penny guide glitch', since now any guides that may penny come up full price when rung up at a register but will show as $.01 in their inventory system. So fixing the trade system to where it might pop up a warning if you had already traded in X or Y game before would be a godsend, since some of us don't keep spreadsheets and computations down to the last nickel as to what we've traded in and in what quantities.

As for GTA V, I wish it had some sort of concrete date and/or there was some type of real gameplay video out for it already. I know I was seriously disappointed when GTA IV first released and I realized I couldn't do some of the stuff you could in San Andreas(flying a jumbo jet, diving underwater, etc).

The only fun parts to GTA IV for me were exploiting the glitches in single and multiplayer to get into places you shouldn't be able to and flying choppers around and diving down on ped for laughs. Of course, with the release of the Episodes expansion they also put out my favorite weapon in a GTA game EVER: sticky bombs.

Slap one on your front bumper of your car and watch people playing mp try fleeing from you in terror.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I mean, obviously they 'fixed' the 'penny guide glitch', since now any guides that may penny come up full price when rung up at a register but will show as $.01 in their inventory system. So fixing the trade system to where it might pop up a warning if you had already traded in X or Y game before would be a godsend, since some of us don't keep spreadsheets and computations down to the last nickel as to what we've traded in and in what quantities.

As for GTA V, I wish it had some sort of concrete date and/or there was some type of real gameplay video out for it already. I know I was seriously disappointed when GTA IV first released and I realized I couldn't do some of the stuff you could in San Andreas(flying a jumbo jet, diving underwater, etc).

The only fun parts to GTA IV for me were exploiting the glitches in single and multiplayer to get into places you shouldn't be able to and flying choppers around and diving down on ped for laughs. Of course, with the release of the Episodes expansion they also put out my favorite weapon in a GTA game EVER: sticky bombs.

Slap one on your front bumper of your car and watch people playing mp try fleeing from you in terror.;)[/QUOTE]
I read from one of those community connectors on the BB forum a few months back when someone on there complained about being banned and why he did not even get a warning. Basically the BB rep said if they told everyone what the limit was, people would try to get near the limit every time just enough to not get banned.

As for GTA 5 you probably will get to see gameplay footage at E3. I remember seeing retailers giving a release date of November 2012 for GTA 5 when it was first unveiled but I doubt that date will hold, when Rockstar will probably release a game of the year edition of Max Payne 3 during that time like with Red Dead Redemption.

[quote name='htz']I read from one of those community connectors on the BB forum a few months back when someone on there complained about being banned and why he did not even get a warning. Basically the BB rep said if they told everyone what the limit was, people would try to get near the limit every time just enough to not get banned.

As for GTA 5 you probably will get to see gameplay footage at E3. I remember seeing retailers giving a release date of November 2012 for GTA 5 when it was first unveiled but I doubt that date will hold, when Rockstar will probably release a game of the year edition of Max Payne 3 during that time like with Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope they release the new GTA this year sometime. Everybody I know on PSN who used to play GTA IV or Episodes religiously night after night has stopped playing it just about. Then again, Rockstar really needs to do something about their servers and all of the kicking issues you get sometimes on there.

In particular, if your connection drops out for even half a nanosecond, their servers count it as the other players kicking you from the game and you can't rejoin the game you were just in. Not to mention the fact that some nights when we do play the invites we send each other come back as 'game doesn't exist'.:roll:

But yeah, if I knew the upper limit to avoid getting banned, I likely woulda stopped one game before that just to prevent my banning.:D So I can see why they wouldn't want to tell people where the line is because people would come one step away from crossing it and stop for the year every time.

[quote name='dg7md']I absolutely loathe Best Buy and hope they go under soon.[/QUOTE]that's nice & when they're gone you'll be getting these great gaming deals from where? Walmart, Target, Kmart, GS? News flash w/o BB all the other retailer's deals get worse not better, in order for there to be good competiton in pricing there needs to be stores to compete. AMZ just matches others & w/o top notch B&M they can slack on deals too since you'll have no choice on where to buy.

Not to mention that since last March BB completely shut down all other competitor's B&M & online and it wasn't even close. Sorry, your BB experiences have been bad or whatever but when it comes down to it BB deals beat most others it's just that simple.

I also find it funny that for all the fussing there's little to no comments on what changes are needed and/or what type of deals would actually interest people & make BB what people expect or want. That's probably people aren't getting it since no one is a mind reader.

Having lurked for the last few years and seen the bad results when TRU and K-Mart CAG employees ruined clearance deals, I agree with the majority.

No thanks.

Do we even still have an official TRU rep? I think that was one of the reps that many CAG's ran off of the site by giving the proverbial thumbs down to their idea of 'deals'. I could only imagine how badly a BB rep will get beat up on here if they don't provide absolutely amazing deals.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Do we even still have an official TRU rep? I think that was one of the reps that many CAG's ran off of the site by giving the proverbial thumbs down to their idea of 'deals'. I could only imagine how badly a BB rep will get beat up on here if they don't provide absolutely amazing deals.[/QUOTE]

It's been a LONG time since I've seen one on here.

I never saw any great deals listed by them except for an awesome sale during Christmas time for $10 games. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do it. Some CAG'ers are too hardcore. Always a bunch of angry people replying how deals aren't good enough for them.

[quote name='Calipso']Having lurked for the last few years and seen the bad results when TRU and K-Mart CAG employees ruined clearance deals, I agree with the majority.

No thanks.[/QUOTE]You still haven't said what type of deals you like BB will just dismiss your vote either way or group you in the "SD" crowd. When peopl just "simple opinion" post they don't show their "true" value on the issue. If BB sees the true spending power CAG can affect then that would determine whether on not they would or wouldn't.

Also, don't get so caught up on clearance deals since the March @gamer coupons has showed a better way to get cheap games & just limited to junk titles. Wouldn't you rather see more AAA titles like B:AC & FF XIII-2 for $15 or less vs DNF, Brink, Hunted:TDF.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Do we even still have an official TRU rep? I think that was one of the reps that many CAG's ran off of the site by giving the proverbial thumbs down to their idea of 'deals'. I could only imagine how badly a BB rep will get beat up on here if they don't provide absolutely amazing deals.[/QUOTE] If I made a thread stating that BB was offering coupons that would make Skyrim $15, UC3 $10, PS3 $150 & X360 $125 and the only requirement was for people to be a CAG for at least 1 month & be a GCU there'd be no complaints.

Doing it this way would keep people from just hopping on CAG to get the deals instead of already supporting CAG from the door. People would however join since it's free more site traffic makes $ for CAG which makes CAG stronger. A stronger spending power representation will = better deals since the discounts can be bigger than $20 off of a game. You gotta remember who we're tryin to convince.

If 500,000 take advantage of the 1st deal, 750,000 the 2nd & 1 million on the 3rd. BB/CAG can then goto the game companies & say give us a better coupon deal & we can make this 1 million double in 3 months support us now & by X-mas you'll have deals posted on page 1 from Sept-Jan. They can also get more ad revenue which will also mean more $5-$10 games since another $20 in revenue can be accounted for from outside means. The quality of the $5-$10 will be on better games like B:AC instead of brink/DNF.

Someone on the forums page has asked the same ?.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...100-preorder-promo-this-year/m-p/514188#M6156

Last years deal was announced early June so about a month from now soit would makes sense that this would be the time that they could announce a new one.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296567

Obviously, there still needs to be MAJOR improvements in the pre-order process along with better means of getting the $100 RZ in a timely manner. But with no Kmart deals this would once again be the king fall deal for games. The current $10/$20 credit have seen there issues too so I'm sure that'll weigh on people's mind but BB still has time to get their act together. But if you interested or would be if they resolved the pre-order/DLC/credit issuing problems(or other problems that I'm missing) I'd say post here regarding a new deal
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...100-preorder-promo-this-year/m-p/514188#M6156

or here where not only are 5 for $100 deals mention but 5 for $80 on PSvita titles/3DS's to along with getting the older GC deals that were lost back
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

I would suggest to CAGs who shop BB often to chat and get to know some gaming dept ppl on a first name basis. At least smile and say hi and ask them how their day is going, esp the dept supervisor.

It helps in those moments like when you want to pricematch or forget your @gamer coupons (I rarely carry mine around).

[quote name='bh47']I would suggest to CAGs who shop BB often to chat and get to know some gaming dept ppl on a first name basis. At least smile and say hi and ask them how their day is going, esp the dept supervisor.

It helps in those moments like when you want to pricematch or forget your @gamer coupons (I rarely carry mine around).[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I knew at least two of the gaming reps at the closest BB store by name and the one guy from the other local BB.

They all chuckled when I told them I got banned from trading, but I kept joking with em every time I went in there about whether or not I was banned yet. So it was kinda no surprise when I got the notice.:lol:

As for me, I haven't been back in there since the last B2G1 and I'm almost completely outta credit now, so chances are I won't be stopping in unless one of these coupons is an insane deal.

As I'm sure people have noticed those exclusive GC deals that people thought wouldn't be that good actually are quite good & getting better. Go back thru what I've been stating for month & months & you'll see that BB is really THE gaming retailer, they just recently showed a glimpse of what the fall deals will behold. Add those DOTD's & you can see them wiping the floor with the competition again for the 2nd straight year.

All that being said there's still alot of room for improvement & I want to thank those who have voted & voiced their opinions(including those who didn't/don't agree) but I think now's a good time to go back & look at the links in the OP & vote again looking at what BB is working towards. If the changes/ideas get put into place the GC will get even better & the $15 will seem like $1 when adding all the cost.

You do realize that there can't really be any CAG-exclusive deals, right? Any coupon codes that are supposedly exclusive end up getting passed all over the place anyway.

The only thing having a dedicated rep would accomplish would be closer monitoring of the forums and then, probably getting the REAL deals shut down faster.

[quote name='yourlefthand']You do realize that there can't really be any CAG-exclusive deals, right? Any coupon codes that are supposedly exclusive end up getting passed all over the place anyway.

The only thing having a dedicated rep would accomplish would be closer monitoring of the forums and then, probably getting the REAL deals shut down faster.[/QUOTE]A couple things
1-BB is fully aware of CAG & the exploits you fear of losing will be lost just as fast b/c of Slickdeals CAG's who post our info there. BB is much more concerned about them not us.
2- Single use coupons/coupon codes that would only be emailed to friends of the CAG rep in a limited time basis will greatly limit fraud. A person who would try to join CAG AFTER finding out about the deal would be outta luck since they would need to have been a CAG supporter & BB rep "friend" prior to the deal. The only way a non CAG would get in on it is if one of them had a CAG friend which gave them the info but again this would severely limited the damage.
2A-It would be no different than the other deals offered by current CAG retailer reps "once the deal go viral outside of CAG it ends pretty quickly". Some deals may only last for a few hours/days.

Safeguards would definitely be put into place to limit exploits to a reasonable level.

Also, why are people so worried about losing a exploit or 2 when the better results are having b2g1 coupons avail. more often, BB is already offering $5-$10 games on decent titles which will continue to increase based on volume sales anyway. If you look at the total # of changes being suggested there's much more power being offer to us which allows us to make deals pretty much anytime we want based on unique gaming tastes how could you not like that.

Has a Best Buy corporate employee in charge of video game promotions even confirmed that any of this is a remote possibility? Or is this all hypothetical?

[quote name='kodave']Has a Best Buy corporate employee in charge of video game promotions even confirmed that any of this is a remote possibility? Or is this all hypothetical?[/QUOTE]BB has already had a rep here before but there deals weren't as aggressive as they are now & BB wasn't aware of how strong CAG can be. Over the last 2 years alot of issues has been resolved thru the forums site & even changes in the gamers club have been made thanks to CAG. The @gamer coupons are stacking b/c of 2 BB forums thread posts that garnered lots of attention & BB did the right thing.

"After reading your idea it does sound this could be valuable. I would like to hear from other users if they would see that value of having official representation on the CAG forum."
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/An-Official-BestBuy-rep-joining-CAG/idi-p/475221

it's at 25 votes now most likely would need closer to 70 to get it moving. The problem is that CAG was once grouped with the Slickdeals & that's never good.

Getting an arbitrary amount of likes on a post on the Best Buy forums reminds me of the Facebook cause photos: "For every like, Facebook will donate a dollar!"

1-BB is fully aware of CAG & the exploits you fear of losing will be lost just as fast b/c of Slickdeals CAG's who post our info there. BB is much more concerned about them not us.
CAG is starting to become more and more like Slickdeals, I'm willing to bet most people just hide it here.

2- Single use coupons/coupon codes that would only be emailed to friends of the CAG rep in a limited time basis will greatly limit fraud. A person who would try to join CAG AFTER finding out about the deal would be outta luck since they would need to have been a CAG supporter & BB rep "friend" prior to the deal. The only way a non CAG would get in on it is if one of them had a CAG friend which gave them the info but again this would severely limited the damage.
The wording on this is confusing. Does this mean I have to kiss the BB reps ass to get a discount on a rocketfish headset? The rep would have a lot of work on their hands generating unique codes and then emailing them out to their "friends". Our would they just send out a mass message to all the CAG members PM boxes/emails?

This is just my opinion but if you toned down your love/infatuation with a multinational billion dollar company people might be more willing to listen to you and you might generate more support for your cause.

[quote name='LordVila']
The wording on this is confusing. Does this mean I have to kiss the BB reps ass to get a discount on a rocketfish headset? The rep would have a lot of work on their hands generating unique codes and then emailing them out to their "friends". Our would they just send out a mass message to all the CAG members PM boxes/emails?

This is just my opinion but if you toned down your love/infatuation with a multinational billion dollar company people might be more willing to listen to you and you might generate more support for your cause.[/QUOTE]CAG's would get a mass email similar to the RZ account coupons that are single use.
I neither love/hate any retailer my goal is to simple help more people get the best deals with the least amount of headaches. I consistantly help CAG's get issues resolved by forwarding info direct to BB reps who get people the help they need.

Right now & for some time BB has been the best place to maximize your gaming $ but they have alot work to fully streamline & get the system issues fixed. My ideas look out for us gamers but are so far out that BB would be like no way. It's all about the implemation. I'm lucky that I have really good local BB's that hook me up & I know that most people don't get the same treatment so by having different things adapted them more people will get similar treatment.

[quote name='Animal7390']im pretty sure this would be a bad idea as an official person would not have our best interests at heart.[/QUOTE]Again, they already had a rep here before & I didn't see the negative effect of having a kmart rep. I think people are too worried about losing a exploit & can't see that having access to $5-$15 game daily is better than a mistake that will happen once in a blue moon. If you're working the system now you should be making money/credit with BB anyways to go along with the cheap games.

I'm cool with people who disagree(I'm not right all the time) but I haven't really seen to many people that have stated specific reasons against the options that have been listed or offered alternatives that could be discussed.

[quote name='Enuf']
Again, they already had a rep here before & I didn't see the negative effect of having a kmart rep. I think people are too worried about losing a exploit & can't see that having access to $5-$15 game daily is better than a mistake that will happen once in a blue moon. If you're working the system now you should be making money/credit with BB anyways to go along with the cheap games.

I'm cool with people who disagree(I'm not right all the time) but I haven't really seen to many people that have stated specific reasons against the options that have been listed or offered alternatives that could be discussed.[/QUOTE]
If it's a choice between $5-10 games and $20 off a $59.99 game, I'll choose that year or two old $5-10 game over the 1/3 discount off a new release title EVERY TIME. Not only that, but I only buy the cheap games when there's no other purchase usually required to get access to them. In the case of the @Gamer coupons the subscription paid for itself after one trade transaction.

But with places without a trade program(Sears/Kmart/etc) I'm having to spend real money on stuff, so I prefer that stuff to be CHEAP.

I was gonna dig up one of the old clearance threads from before the Kmart rep came here and then link to the list in the last KmartGamer thread as an example of the disparity, but I just don't feel like searching for them at this point.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it's a choice between $5-10 games and $20 off a $59.99 game, I'll choose that year or two old $5-10 game over the 1/3 discount off a new release title EVERY TIME. Not only that, but I only buy the cheap games when there's no other purchase usually required to get access to them. In the case of the @Gamer coupons the subscription paid for itself after one trade transaction.

But with places without a trade program(Sears/Kmart/etc) I'm having to spend real money on stuff, so I prefer that stuff to be CHEAP.

I was gonna dig up one of the old clearance threads from before the Kmart rep came here and then link to the list in the last KmartGamer thread as an example of the disparity, but I just don't feel like searching for them at this point.:razz:[/QUOTE]That's not the choice at all. Simply put if you like the way the GC is then you'll like my ideas. We end up with MORE deals, daily deals, more access to the deals, more coupons & a true CAG that can assist for issues that arise. I like BB but I know just like all of you that their system can suck & it would be much easier to contact the CAG team & get assistance since BB will see it's value in having more than just 1 person helping us. We all know if there was a good deal that was limited to CAG's the volume of sales would get BB's attention. When this happens BB will focus more on the exclusive deals.

Look back thru this thread & check the people who didn't believe the exclusive @gamer deals would amount to anything. I was telling people that these would be really good b/c I've spoken to BB gaming reps well before the GC went to paid & they told me some stuff.

Bottom line is this if you currently enjoy the GC & it's offers the ideas that I'm suggesting will only make them better & easier to get. I support BB & CAG equally so I would't want to sabotage either one that's why I put in the extra effort for people that I'll never meet. It would be some much easier to just say "F*** IT" & enjoy the current YMMV stuff I get already but I'd like to see my fellow brethren prosper too. Sorry for thinking of the greater good.

Rant not directed @ you IATCG, to be honest you've actually expressed the most consistent opinions on this thread. I don't mind people disagreeing but so very few have offered solid options vs or have just shown fear of losing a exploit that may happen once or twice in a yr & they may not even be able to get in on it. Not to mention that's it's already been stated BB is aware of CAG but the SL crowd will end the exploits faster since CAG lurkers will post them there & it's over.

[quote name='Gareee']OMFG, talking with reward zone to get my welcome coupon packet was a huge pain in the rump!

I called reward zone.. they referred me to the magazine fullfiller.. they refered me back to reward zone.. THEY referred me back to the magazine fullfiller again.. THEY sent me BACK to reward zone (A new phone call each bounce around). Reward zone claimed they had absoulutly nothing to do with welcome packet fullfillment, and then back pedaled in the middle of the call, claiming it arrived in 4-6 weeks, and that I need to wait longer before calling to inquire what happened to it.

So in summary.. 30 minutes, 4 calls back and forth between 2 parties, 2 calls each, and I'm supposed to wait 4 more weeks before I call them again to ask why it hasn't arrived yet.

Not a happy camper.

Where's that damned best buy gamer's club forum so I can give them a peice of my mind?[/QUOTE]Here's an example of why/where having BB CAG reps would help the community. I've seen people state that the kmart rep assisted in ways & that's why they were anti-BB well why can't it work for them too.

[quote name='soonersfan60']So where's my coupon? :p[/QUOTE]post in the link about what types of deals promos you want to see. Get them on record so BB can start implementing them. They already made change & are working to offer welcome kits & coupon packs in-store I think the next shoe to fall will be online access for @gamer coupons.

Best buy ripped me off my $5 dollars in 2010. I called corporate and they didn't do anything. What does the rep affiliated with CAG have to say about that? I made two claims about the case.

Ill admit best buy has some good deals every now and then but i will bash the company for life. Worst customer service there is in mainstream retail.

Now that I know you want to bring BB business ill make sure to keep letting people know the company ripped me off and never did anything to rectify it.

[quote name='needler420']Best buy ripped me off my $5 dollars in 2010. I called corporate and they didn't do anything. What does the rep affiliated with CAG have to say about that? I made two claims about the case.

Ill admit best buy has some good deals every now and then but i will bash the company for life. Worst customer service there is in mainstream retail.

Now that I know you want to bring BB business ill make sure to keep letting people know the company ripped me off and never did anything to rectify it.[/QUOTE]
Is this is really over $5, you are making WAY to big of a deal over it. Telling people off of Best Buy because you got ripped off of 5 bucks 2 years ago isn't the right way to handle this.

[quote name='needler420']Best buy ripped me off my $5 dollars in 2010. I called corporate and they didn't do anything. What does the rep affiliated with CAG have to say about that? I made two claims about the case.

Now that I know you want to bring BB business ill make sure to keep letting people know the company ripped me off and never did anything to rectify it.[/QUOTE]"every now & then" well going by the deals section over the last say 2 yr I'm gonna have to say BB has pretty much been the Best Buy in games hands down. IIRC didn't they win best B&M retailer last yr?
Now I'm going strictly deal by deal not taking into account where a person has store credit just deals straight up & BB has won there's really no other options.
1-Best free gaming program
2-Best paid gaming program
3-Best free coupons
4-Best paid coupons
5-Best New cheap games overall
6-Best New cheap high quality games overall
7-Best rewards program
8-Best overall policy(60 day price match)
9-Best overall promo selections

Some would say 1 or 2 in the best glitches
I'm sure I'm missing some others

I fully agree that customer service needs a huge improvement & they need a major system overhaul as well.

But the bottom line is BB has been the place to score games if you know of a better retailer(online/b&M) that can compete please do tell & post their deals.

So how does this help us? I mean anyone can ask for better deals, right? I've been trying to get an account issue resolved for 2 days through customer service and unboxed, and they are dragging their heels. I can't log into my BestBuy.com account! How does being an affiliate help me get my issue resolved? How does this affect the average CAG differently than any other BBY shopper?

[quote name='therealdanhill']So how does this help us? I mean anyone can ask for better deals, right? I've been trying to get an account issue resolved for 2 days through customer service and unboxed, and they are dragging their heels. I can't log into my BestBuy.com account! How does being an affiliate help me get my issue resolved? How does this affect the average CAG differently than any other BBY shopper?[/QUOTE]I'm confused you mentioned 2 yrs ago(2010) & now 2 days? Thru the forums page it takes 3-5 days generally depending on the issue.

CAG is an affiliate right now but there hasn't been a rep assigned here yet, once that changes I'd fully expect them to assist in the same manner that the kmart rep did which is how I presented the idea directly to BB. I don't think they fully understand CAG purchasing power yet. 1 rep may be official but they'll need a team in order to keep up with everything. I've been told to be patient when it comes to changes with them b/c it takes a while for things to go thru start to finish but they've been getting better.

I will send you a pm & attempt to assist you further.

OK. So Cheapy makes money due to CAG being a BB affiliate now(although I think CAG has had affiliate links for BB for a long time now) and the BB rep gets an inside look at how we deal hunters who want CHEAP deals think. Then goes the exact opposite direction like the KmartGamer guy did and gives us MSRP 'deals' with $10-20 off our next purchase coupons that we have to use within a month or two or they expire.

NO THANK YOU!!!

I guess I won't be renewing my GCU in about a month or until whenever it takes to see what the effect of a BB rep on CAG will have on the deals I've come to enjoy(those being $5-10 games).

:wall: Well there goes the neighborhood nothing good will come from this although I get my $15 back a year in trades this is going to if anything kill the gaming deals we've been getting they will no way get better should have left good Enuf alone

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. So Cheapy makes money due to CAG being a BB affiliate now(although I think CAG has had affiliate links for BB for a long time now) and the BB rep gets an inside look at how we deal hunters who want CHEAP deals think. Then goes the exact opposite direction like the KmartGamer guy did and gives us MSRP 'deals' with $10-20 off our next purchase coupons that we have to use within a month or two or they expire.

NO THANK YOU!!!

I guess I won't be renewing my GCU in about a month or until whenever it takes to see what the effect of a BB rep on CAG will have on the deals I've come to enjoy(those being $5-10 games).[/QUOTE]You're mixing stuff up

1-BB ALREADY HAS MSRP "DEALS" ie: $10-$20 pre-order credit/Giftcard deals these are what fuel day 1 purchases.

2-The @Gamer mag/GCU structure ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE based on the affiliate of CAG. BB is making ALOT of money with @gamer their main focus is getting more people subscribed along with increased exposure which isn't going to come with more expensively priced games.

Didn't u wonder why they changed the wording on the coupons to stack with sale prices which for BB is a big deal since they drag their feet? I was brought to their attention that a $20 off coupon that only works on non sale games is no different that a $40 sale that BB runs so why would a person pay $15 for that. The change was made the rest is history.

The changes THAT WILL COME to GCU & @gamer mag will be geared towards the technical side of things like online coupon use & welcome kits being avail in-store.

I'm also going to be presenting ideas that will allow them to increase the total # of coupons closer to 20 per month & as always I link it to CAG & look foward to you & all other CAG's commenting on it.

Kmart wasn't really interested...dedicated to gaming the way is BB & also don't overlook the revenue that's being generated from sponsers along with the $5/$15 as well. No other retailer is getting this type of support.

Except that they DID change the @Gamer $X off $Y pre-owned coupons so they no longer stack with the weekly pre-owned game deal prices.:roll: I used to like using a $10 off $29.99 coupon on a game that was $14.99 but normally was $29.99 and getting it for $5.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that they DID change the @Gamer $X off $Y pre-owned coupons so they no longer stack with the weekly pre-owned game deal prices.:roll: I used to like using a $10 off $29.99 coupon on a game that was $14.99 but normally was $29.99 and getting it for $5.[/QUOTE]I wasn't aware of this but after reading your post again this seems like a system glitch.

Let me make sure I'm fully understanding you correctly on this, you want to use the "$10 off $30+ game" coupon on a game that WAS regularly priced $30 or more went it's on sale for less than $30?

But you did remind me of another thing that does need to be addressed & fixed regarding the pre-owned games, for whatever reason their system sucks flat out & the 10% discount(which BB advertises) doens't stack the way it should(just like GS) on all used game promos. I'll need to bring more attention to this so it can get corrected accordingly.

I think it's time for a "GCU improvement thread" actually there's just too many little system/structure details that need to be fixed & it's been a yr(even longer for some issues) & that's just not acceptable. I'll link it as always & defintely request ALL FEEDBACK positive/negative alike since that's the only way to get the best out of the deals.

Yeah. I used that coupon on Dead Island for PS3 a while ago. It was normally $29.99 or over, went down to $24.99 on sale and then the $10 off applied to that sale price and also applied my GCU 10% on top of that. Since then though not a single one of the PO DOTW's have allowed the $X off $Y coupons.

I also tried the $5 off a $9.99-$19.99 coupon on LA Noire, which was $9.99 for the week recently and normally OVER $20 and that did NOT work.

images

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I used that coupon on Dead Island for PS3 a while ago. It was normally $29.99 or over, went down to $24.99 on sale and then the $10 off applied to that sale price and also applied my GCU 10% on top of that. Since then though not a single one of the PO DOTW's have allowed the $X off $Y coupons.

I also tried the $5 off a $9.99-$19.99 coupon on LA Noire, which was $9.99 for the week recently and normally OVER $20 and that did NOT work.[/QUOTE]Oh ok, well there's good news & bad news

Bad news 1st
They're right to fix the Dead Island glitch since they game would no longer be eligble for the coupon since it would be below the $30 threshold. That was an EXPLOIT no different than the other BB system glitch/screw-ups. I can't goto a BB mod & ask them to correct a exploit in our favor sorry. And these are generally killed by Slickdeals not CAG you've been around long enuf to see how that crowd goes so far overboard it draws an insane amount of attention which will destroy any deal/glitch.

The LA noire deal should've made the game $5 & then you're 10% discount should've stacked as well. This is the type of deal where we get screwed & I will be addressing it so they get their act together. Fortunately, this is the type of issue that won't take forever to be corrected(*Hopefully) since it's just a matter of them making a correction that is owed to use.

I'm just thankful for the deals I do get in on. CAG and Bestbuy has saved me a lot of many over the last 2 years. So yeah, Thanks to everyone involved to make these things possible.

Looking solely on the current BB track record(last 2 1/2 yrs) I can't say that BB has shown a interest in cheating the gamers. I will say though I was not happy at all when they took away the $10 for spending $150 on gaming which is better that 2X RZ points but it was made clear to me that in order for the GC/GCU to move foward with extremely agressive(cheap) game deals & for them to be offered so frequently something would have to give. I also wasn't a fan of moving towards a PAID gamers club but I can no longer complain since the benefits far exceed the $15 spent. I have however presented ideas(silver tier status for GCU) that would get the $10 for spending $150 back in the GCU WITHOUT LOSING any of the current deals since this would be the only way I can see them adding so many huge incentives/bonuses.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

My advice to all the skeptics is to POST YOUR OPINIONS/FEELINGS/WORRIES on the links since it should be very clear that BB IS READING THEM & CHANGES ARE BEING MADE BECAUSE OF THEM. That's why I post as much info as possible THEY WANT THE FEEDBACk BOTH POSITIVE & NEGATIVE.

I guess if I had anything to complain about, it would be not getting any points when you make purchases using a bestbuy gift card. I haven't looked or asked about it in the past, but I guess I will now. Why do they not give you points when you use a gift card?

[quote name='Enuf']Oh ok, well there's good news & bad news

Bad news 1st
They're right to fix the Dead Island glitch since they game would no longer be eligble for the coupon since it would be below the $30 threshold. That was an EXPLOIT no different than the other BB system glitch/screw-ups. I can't goto a BB mod & ask them to correct a exploit in our favor sorry. And these are generally killed by Slickdeals not CAG you've been around long enuf to see how that crowd goes so far overboard it draws an insane amount of attention which will destroy any deal/glitch.[/quote]
Yeah. I was glad to get in on that deal when I did, since the game was meh at best with the framerate/freezing issues in multiplayer co-op. I think I paid $5 for a copy of Dead Island when I did get it too, since the system was also taking my 10% discount from the original price AND the discounted price for that week as well.

But let's face it, you are giving CAG members far too much credit for being upstanding citizens. I'm willing to bet there's just as many CAG's here with the SD mentality of exploiting and raping a deal till it's dead.
The LA noire deal should've made the game $5 & then you're 10% discount should've stacked as well. This is the type of deal where we get screwed & I will be addressing it so they get their act together. Fortunately, this is the type of issue that won't take forever to be corrected(*Hopefully) since it's just a matter of them making a correction that is owed to use.
It should have. But they were stubborn at my store and wouldn't even listen that the coupons used to stack with DOTW games.:roll: Then again, it took me finding the thread about how the coupons should stack with sale prices and showing it to multiple employees to finally get them to change their tune and manually override it until corporate fixed it in the system.:applause:

[quote name='krashhole']I guess if I had anything to complain about, it would be not getting any points when you make purchases using a bestbuy gift card. I haven't looked or asked about it in the past, but I guess I will now. Why do they not give you points when you use a gift card?[/QUOTE]That would be a DISASTER OF EPIC...major exploits would arise
Say I bought a $1000 BB GC & got 1000 base RZ points
$20 RZ credit earned
$5 RZ for silver bonus
then during the use of the GC I could get
2000 base RZ points on the next purchase of games
$40 RZ credit
$5
it would basically be double dipping
Your best bet is to
1- convert BB GC into pre-paid visa($6 fee per $200)
2- use them to get $500 limit pre-paid visa's elsewhere or on a walmart money card($3 flat fee)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] But let's face it, you are giving CAG members far too much credit for being upstanding citizens. I'm willing to bet there's just as many CAG's here with the SD mentality of exploiting and raping a deal till it's dead.[/QUOTE]I'm sure you've noticed the number of newbies especially in the @gamer/GCU threads, some use the same names from SD so there's alot of them here now. Also, SD was singled out based off some severe fraud/hoarding/theft issues from th @gamer mags. Before it was deleted you could see that they copied CAG stuff & posted it there & while our threads were filled with "buy the damn mag or sub" "this level of fraud/coupon stealing scans will kill the deals" there's were more like "post the official key ring app this is SD you know just post it" stuff.

[quote name='Enuf']I'm sure you've noticed the number of newbies especially in the @gamer/GCU threads, some use the same names from SD so there's alot of them here now. Also, SD was singled out based off some severe fraud/hoarding/theft issues from th @gamer mags. Before it was deleted you could see that they copied CAG stuff & posted it there & while our threads were filled with "buy the damn mag or sub" "this level of fraud/coupon stealing scans will kill the deals" there's were more like "post the official key ring app this is SD you know just post it" stuff.[/QUOTE]
I ratted out SD to BB corporate via the BB forums and PMing one of the mods about the fraudulent use of copies of coupons, the keyring app and people just ripping them out of the magazines.;)

But to think that CAG is completely innocent in cases like that is a bit ludicrous. I'm sure there are probably quite a bit of members here who do the same kind of things regarding coupon fraud/abuse and anything else that the people at SD don't seem to care if people post about.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I ratted out SD to BB corporate via the BB forums and PMing one of the mods about the fraudulent use of copies of coupons, the keyring app and people just ripping them out of the magazines.;)

But to think that CAG is completely innocent in cases like that is a bit ludicrous. I'm sure there are probably quite a bit of members here who do the same kind of things regarding coupon fraud/abuse and anything else that the people at SD don't seem to care if people post about.[/QUOTE]

well, it is good while it lasted. i am just going to play the wait game, and see what happens before i renew my gcu memebership

bread's done
Back