CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Squads are essential. TBH, most Tacticians don't know what they're doing. Some throw a spawn nade so you spawn backwards towards the action. Their spawn points aren't always great areas (in the middle of the battlefield is not a good area to put a spawn pt), which is why I sometimes advocate turning FF on so crap like that wouldn't happen. "How about we put a spawn point near their spawn nade? YEAH GOOD IDEA!" How about no, let's place it at a strategic place where we can pick them off rather than giving them the chance to even attack us. I hate when they place it on the objective rather than behind or in front of the objective, to pick off any incoming enemies.

So, squad spawns are much more useful at times and can bring a better push than a spawn nade. Also, it's better for communicating to your teammates and when you decide to flank with your squad. Plus, why not? A good Tactician may be able to place good spawns, but squad leaders can provide a better vantage point to pick off guys. Squads are necessary moreso in large maps than big maps, I'll say that.

The bad news is there's no clan game tonight. I was wanting to put all this together last night, and since there was a lot of mis-communication (like how many players they want to use and so on), it will be canceled for tonight. I greatly apologize about this, but if people want to know the situation, I can discuss it in more detail. I considered dividing games based on clan tonight, but the notice is too short so I won't do it (Monday I will consider it):

Anyway, the current schedule is:
Date: 3/14
Time: 3pm EST / 12pm PST / 7pm GMT
Host: tenchi33
Game name: CAG Game
Password: shaqfu

Date: 3/14
Time: 9pm EST / 6pm PST / 1am GMT
Host: ManaKnight
Game name: CAG Night 1

Both are open to CAG Community

I will talk to Giant Bomb and schedule the clan game for 3/21. I'll do it early next week. 3/21 was originally going to be our game, but I pushed it ahead.

I haven't even gotten the ability to plant C4 explosives :( I'm close to almost every other medal, though. I just haven't had much success with that class.

Man, somethings up with my connection. I kept dropping out and/or getting weird lag spikes where people would warp. I'll get on again tonight. =/

[quote name='shinryuu']Man, somethings up with my connection. I kept dropping out and/or getting weird lag spikes where people would warp. I'll get on again tonight. =/[/QUOTE]What is your NAT Type under connection list? Are you using a Linksys WRT54G router? I just wanted to check about those few things.

[quote name='KingBroly']They definitely need to improve the Air Bots before the Turrets. Those things can't hit hurt.[/quote]
You're right. The Turrents can do an ok job as they are if you set them up right. But the Air Bots are just a joke.

That game tenchi set up was laggy as hell. At one point I saw a few Air Bots freaking out. But I still had alot of fun with it. I just wish it was a smaller map... I lost the first round since it was capture(I forget whats it's called) and it was 2 on 1. XD

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You're right. The Turrents can do an ok job as they are if you set them up right. But the Air Bots are just a joke.

That game tenchi set up was laggy as hell. At one point I saw a few Air Bots freaking out. But I still had alot of fun with it. I just wish it was a smaller map... I lost the first round since it was capture(I forget whats it's called) and it was 2 on 1. XD[/QUOTE]IMO, the first game was REALLY laggy and bad. Every game after that wasn't bad at all. I hope everything goes all right when I start a game later.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']That game tenchi set up was laggy as hell. At one point I saw a few Air Bots freaking out. But I still had alot of fun with it. I just wish it was a smaller map... I lost the first round since it was capture(I forget whats it's called) and it was 2 on 1. XD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that, I don't know why that first game was so laggy. I recreated the game after that and it was fine without any lag.

[quote name='tenchi']Yeah, sorry about that, I don't know why that first game was so laggy. I recreated the game after that and it was fine without any lag.[/quote]
No problem as I said I still had fun with it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What is your NAT Type under connection list? Are you using a Linksys WRT54G router? I just wanted to check about those few things.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Moderate (when I connect my 360 wireless-ly, it gives me Moderate so I assume its the same) and I'm using that exact router. We have another, better router but we haven't set it up yet because we're lazy around here.

Those were some fun games.

I lost count on how many times I blew up due to Rolento's C4 bombs at the Tharsis Depot map.

I think I overdid it on Radec Academy though. ;)

[quote name='shinryuu']I think it's Moderate (when I connect my 360 wireless-ly, it gives me Moderate so I assume its the same) and I'm using that exact router. We have another, better router but we haven't set it up yet because we're lazy around here.[/QUOTE]Check NAT Type on PS3. It's different because it will tell you if you are NAT Type 1, 2, or 3. Even if your 360 might be Moderate, doesn't mean the PS3 is because they have different local IPs (or most likely). I just ask because if you are NAT Type 3, its very likely you may have connection issues (although its more so voice chat issues). I know how to fix it if that's the problem, but just wanted to check.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Those were some fun games.

I lost count on how many times I blew up due to Rolento's C4 bombs at the Tharsis Depot map.

I think I overdid it on Radec Academy though. ;)[/QUOTE]You shot me down way too many times I lost count. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
You shot me down way too many times I lost count. ;)[/quote]

You got me a couple of times too. I remember you killing me with a sweet 'nade but unfortunately, it took out one of your teammates as well. :)

[quote name='shinryuu']It's type 2.[/QUOTE]Ok, it's probably the router and here's why (AllahBomber can explain it better for sure). It's the #1 router that does not get along PS3 too well. From what I remember hearing, once the Linksys WRT54G gets around 5 or so connections (wireless and WiFi) total to the router (not all running at once, but once you connect 5 devices to it), it gets kind of screwy and can disconnect devices frequently (especially the PS3). I had that same router in my last apartment and I experienced many disconnects. Others I knew who used that same router for XBL (although not as bad), Mario Kart Wii Online, etc. had the same issues. There are ways to fix the issue with the router, but what normally fixes the problem temporarily is to reset the router. I don't believe you have to re-configure it completely (I didn't, but thought I remember hearing some who did) when resetting, but that may be a temp fix.

It's definitely the router, I know that part (NAT Type 2 is what you want).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Ok, it's probably the router and here's why (AllahBomber can explain it better for sure). It's the #1 router that does not get along PS3 too well. From what I remember hearing, once the Linksys WRT54G gets around 5 or so connections (wireless and WiFi), it gets kind of screwy and can disconnect devices frequently (especially the PS3). I had that same router in my last apartment and I experienced many disconnects. Others I knew who used that same router for XBL (although not as bad), Mario Kart Wii Online, etc. had the same issues. There are ways to fix the issue with the router, but what normally fixes the problem temporarily is to reset the router. I don't believe you have to re-configure it completely (I didn't, but thought I remember hearing some who did) when resetting, but that may be a temp fix.

It's definitely the router, I know that part (NAT Type 2 is what you want).[/quote]

Yeah, I have the same router and I've had some troubles with it on XBL. It seems to just hate gaming in general. :cry:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Mana, SarcasticGamer.Com's clan leader got back to me and he wants to challenge us. He says he wants the clan information so he can challenge us :D[/QUOTE]All right, I'll try to work something out. I already have the 3/21 reserved for Giant Bomb right now, but I can see what days work great for them. I have all the info they will need to challenge us.

Mana/shin: the exact problem is that the stock wrt54g firmware logs connections. and it keeps them 5 DAYS. (close with the 5 CONNECTIONS tho ;) ) So if you have too many connections within that time period, the log clogs and the router goes to hell. Your best bet is to install either Tomato or DD-WRT 3rd party firmware to it, as both of these fix the log problem. I personally recommend Tomato as it has the best GUI. Just google Tomato WRT or something, I'm sure you'll find it :)

I would like to join the casual clan for now.

PSN-ID: MGS4_Ocelot_08

Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual for now
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Most nights, especially the weekends until 12 AM EST.

Thanks.

Yeah.. there's a lot of crap connected to that router. I'll reset it first to see if that does anything good, then I'll tell my brother about the Tomato firmware. I'd do it myself, but I feel I'd mess something up. Not that I'm computer-illiterate, I just don't want to tweak with anything. =p

To let everyone know, I'm starting in 30 minutes. This is the setup:

Game Name: CAG Night 1

We'll play for 2-3 hours, depending upon how attendance is.

Fun games tonight. I was getting tired though, so I decided to get off. I came in first and leveled up that last game though. :D

[quote name='Invin']I've been on the losing team for 7 straight CAG games :cry:
Good games though[/quote]

that happens. ive played all night sometimes and won most every game, then other nights lost every game. :\

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I had some fun tonight. My favorite part was when I was the VIP and died... but ended up getting the win.[/quote]

Ya I think that was when Mana killed you, he was pissed a bit :p

Great games as always. Finally got the C4 medal. The only one left I need to get is the air support one. Probably will get it by 2015 if I'm lucky. :p

Thanks a lot everyone for showing up. I'll see you all the next time. Clan battles are my next goal to put together (we will have one on Saturday, not sure about Thursday). The next official CAG night will not be until Thursday though, so we'll have time off.

Any tips for accumulating points faster? I must be doing something wrong here, 3 hours logged and just got my Sergeant First Class rank. So stupid to lock all but one vanilla class.

I apologize Mana (and to everyone else) for not showing up even though i said i would be. I went out earlier then i thought i was, plans got changed at the last minute.

Sorry everyone, looks like my break was short lived due to needing assistance somewhere and finding out there is a CAG KZ2 night tonight. To let everyone know, there's a CAGCast KZ2 night tonight at 9pm EST. Here is the information:

Date: 3/15
Time: 9pm EST
Host: cheapyd
Game name: CAGCast

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back