CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

I know my name was appearing here and there when I was not talking. However, when my name was not appearing I shot my gun to see if that affected it and it didn't. Anyway, since my name was showing up I decided to turn down my sensitivity from five to two. It works best on one, but as I was testing it I had to talk really loud for my voice to pick up good, which is why I decided to choose two.

Hopefully that relieves the problem.

Bean: I just wanna thank you again for relaying my message to everyone in the CAG Night room. I thought we were going to be stuck with just me, Thongsy and zenprime playing.

Also, for the next CAG night... Could we turn off explosive weapons (grenade/rocket launchers)? They don't make the game very fun anymore (unless everyone is lagging like in the clan match :lol:). Keep the Assault class around though, 'cause Boost is awesome. Just get rid of the weapons.

IMHO the clan v clan match was a rousing success. It was a fun game in spite of the crazy Ring stuff going on. Although the casual 1 can lost, we'll be back stronger next time.

[quote name='Bavgate']Bean: I just wanna thank you again for relaying my message to everyone in the CAG Night room. I thought we were going to be stuck with just me, Thongsy and zenprime playing.[/quote]

Np. But I think most were going to leave to the other room anyway since the map had just ended. :lol:

[quote name='kingchaos']With the Socom headsets how do you turn down the sensitivity? Sorry, I uh....threw away the booklet.[/quote]

You have to change it in the PS3 menu. Go to settings -> accessory settings -> audio device settings -> then pick your microphone and adjust the sensitivity as you see fit.

[quote name='kingchaos']With the Socom headsets how do you turn down the sensitivity? Sorry, I uh....threw away the booklet.[/quote]

It's on the XMB: Settings -> Accessories Setting -> Audio Device Settings (I think)

You should be able to mess around with the mic in there or you can try moving away from you speakers or turning down the volume.

Edit: Oops, Razzuel beat me to it. :)

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I got my Engineer badge tonight. I'm surprised at how many points I got just with the torrents alone...[/quote]
Do you mean turrets or are you illegally downloading badges using BitTorrent. :D

I also try keeping my volume down low to reduce feedback, although my headset doesn't pick up much (but I do sit close to the TV normally). My mic icon is up a lot because I talk way too freaking much. :lol:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I also try keeping my volume down low to reduce feedback, although my headset doesn't pick up much (but I do sit close to the TV normally). My mic icon is up a lot because I talk way too freaking much. :lol:[/quote]

I think mine is up because I mumble to myself. And shout southern colloquialisms such as yeehaw.

Right now I just need to know the following:
How many Casual 1 members think they can show up at 9pm EST on Saturday, 3/14?

How many Hardcore members think they can show up at 10:15pm EST on Saturday, 3/14?

I need to know because of a pending battle. Next week I'm entering Casual 2 into battles (since the clan should be built up more, hoping for at least 25 members with accepted invites, currently we are at 15).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
How many Casual 1 members think they can show up at 9pm EST on Saturday, 3/14?[/quote]

I am planning on attending; just let us know at what time we need to join the match.

[quote name='KingBroly']They really need to fix Faction Balancing. Seriously...

also, the kill on StarKat at the beginning of the first match I was in from 75 yards was pretty awesome.[/quote]

Yeah that was very rad. Sadly that kind of stuff always happens TO ME lol... 2 more seconds I would have had you as you reloaded with my sniper rifle. At least that was my plan until a stray round went through my half cloaked skull.

And sorry to all the medics in the academy. Felt bad picking you off as you tried to revive your buddies. I didn't know why Cheapy was standing still so often... He was zapping people back to life!

[quote name='Bavgate']

Also, for the next CAG night... Could we turn off explosive weapons (grenade/rocket launchers)? They don't make the game very fun anymore (unless everyone is lagging like in the clan match :lol:). Keep the Assault class around though, 'cause Boost is awesome. Just get rid of the weapons.[/quote]

You have to leave something for the Assault to spawn with otherwise it feels like a raw tease. Also if you take away the explosive weapons turn off the sniper rifle. I've played to many matches with the rocket launcher and grenade launcher off that became sniper fests. A boosting Assault with nothing but a handgun isn't that much of a threat unless in greater numbers Also isn't this like whipping yourself? You're killer supreme with the Grenade Launcher.

I can make 9EST on Saturday.

Question: early on, I was inside of a caged in area, killed someone with a sniper and then he and I were laughing and he asked me how I got there. We were on...the big open map, with 4 bridges. I shot him with my pistol, thinking he was done talking. He was not. I was just wondering who that was...and apologize.

Also, I wanted to apologize to CheapyD, I caught him with a cheap grenade (no pun intended) through a window, when he was the assassination target.

[quote name='zenprime']You have to leave something for the Assault to spawn with otherwise it feels like a raw tease. Also if you take away the explosive weapons turn off the sniper rifle. I've played to many matches with the rocket launcher and grenade launcher off that became sniper fests. A boosting Assault with nothing but a handgun isn't that much of a threat unless in greater numbers Also isn't this like whipping yourself? You're killer supreme with the Grenade Launcher.[/quote]

I guess we could leave the grenade launcher on, but the rockets need to go. I wouldn't mind if they were all off though. I need to lay off the damn grenade launcher for awhile. :lol: Need to go back to the roots of the standard assault rifle, whatever the hell it's called.

Forgot to mention, I'll make it for the clan match on Saturday.

Well you can use boost on other classes that have gotten the second medal. Luckily for me, I have never gotten into these rocket launcher or sniperfest matches. I usually only play on 8 vs 8 or less though.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well you can use boost on other classes that have gotten the second medal. Luckily for me, I have never gotten into these rocket launcher or sniperfest matches. I usually only play on 8 vs 8 or less though.[/quote]

Could you still Boost even with the Assault class blocked? I joined a game yesterday where Assault was blocked and I couldn't use Boost on any of my other classes that could combine abilities. I'm not entirely sure if it's because the class was blocked off or if it's because you can block off entire abilities by themselves (which I don't even know if that's possible).

Nevermind, you're right. If you lock the class, boost or whatever the related second ability is also locked. Well I'm more oppose to Bav and his grenade launcher than I am to people using rockets, since those usually miss. Could just block the rocket and grenade launchers and than boost will still be available for everybody. Or if you really want that armour, just hope there is a gun nearby when you play as Assault.

ill add my two cents and say id also like to see the removal of explosive weapons. if you have explosive weapons, then friendly fire MUST be ON. people need to be penalized for using those so much. but removing them would be best, especially since teammates enjoy running balls out into battle and team killing would be insane :p

Yeah, I see the grenade launcher as being worse then the rocket launchers. The rockets are slow and hard to hit with unless you're going all Suicidal. Still I've taken out a couple of snipers with them from decent range.

I do tend to die more as assault despite the armor and healing benefits of boost.

Is the removal of the Assault weapons wanted due to the teamkilling they cause? Or is it the sheer enjoyable mayhem? Oh and out of sheer curiosity I just looked and I lead Casual 1 in TK'ing by 10 kills over the number 2. But I'm second in suicides! Though in all honesty my TK'ing is probably from Shotguns and regular grenades. A heartfelt apology to any teammate who stands in front of me. But really I don't see the problem with accidental TKs, keeps things interesting and only the person who did it gets dinged. And Friendly Fire should never be turned off anyways. It feels wrong to survive being shot or exploded because a teammate did it. But really this is my WH self talking where even Ambient Warfare racks up his share of kills.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zenprime']And Friendly Fire should never be turned off anyways. It feels wrong to survive being shot or exploded because a teammate did it.[/quote]

yup yup. need to be punished for sucking :D

Yes, I want friendly fire back on. It would make my Saboteur much more powerful since you don't want to go around randomly shooting your teammates. I basically shooting everybody now for fear they're in disguise. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Actually, it would cause people who like to shoot a lot and use the grenade and rockets to deal with the possibility of killing their teammates. Than we can have Wombat shout in joy after killing Traken again.

[quote name='zenprime']
Is the removal of the Assault weapons wanted due to the teamkilling they cause? Or is it the sheer enjoyable mayhem? Oh and out of sheer curiosity I just looked and I lead Casual 1 in TK'ing by 10 kills over the number 2. But I'm second in suicides! Though in all honesty my TK'ing is probably from Shotguns and regular grenades. A heartfelt apology to any teammate who stands in front of me. But really I don't see the problem with accidental TKs, keeps things interesting and only the person who did it gets dinged. And Friendly Fire should never be turned off anyways. It feels wrong to survive being shot or exploded because a teammate did it. But really this is my WH self talking where even Ambient Warfare racks up his share of kills.[/quote]

:whistle2:s:rofl:

How many Hardcore members think they can show up at 10:15pm EST on Saturday, 3/14?

I'll be there no doubt.

The weapons are turned off, not the class. So boost can still be used.

I think it's a good idea to turn them off. S&D turns into a explosion fest just about every time.

I don't think you should turn on TK.

Also, last night's clan match made me appreciate R2's online system. In R2 you can hit triangle and see your friends and clan members from just about any screen.

Once you're sitting in the game lobby you can't do anything. You should be able to check to see what your friends and clanmates are doing. And have the ability to send invites, of course.

I'll be able make it to the games on Saturday and host Saturday afternoon (3PM EST) after all. The funeral was pushed back to next week because the coroner had too many bodies to autopsy :whistle2:?

I think turning team killing back on would make the game a little more 'realistic', it would turn a lot of people off from the game because there would be a lot of people getting negative points in a match for accidental teamkills especially during capture and hold and defend/destroy missions. We could try a match or two with teamkills back on just to see, but I'm guessing that there would be a lot more people wanting it turned off than on.

I don't think the grenade/rocket launcher is over powered. Heck I get killed 10x more by shotguns then rockets in every match I play. I love using the boost ability for retrieval and assassination missions so would be sad to see that go.

Regardless, playing with CAGS >>>>>> playing in random rooms so whatever is decided on, I'll still show up for any cag games.

great games last night.

sorry i didnt have my headset on. it doest have a mute button, and its so sensitve that if my dog farts on the other side of the house, you can hear it.

i cant believe i didnt get and ribbons for air support. WTF?

any pointers on staying alive when you're the assassination target? i was 1/3 last night.

[quote name='peloquin17']i cant believe i didnt get and ribbons for air support. WTF? [/QUOTE]

The air support ribbon is one of the hardest to get. I've gotten all of the medals except this one and the c4 one. The problem is that they're very weak and if there's a turret in the area, don't even bother using air support because it'll be blown out of the sky in seconds.

any pointers on staying alive when you're the assassination target? i was 1/3 last night.

A lot of it has to do with pure luck and when the assassination mission begins. If the enemy are all close by to begin with, say for example right after a destroy/defend mission, chances of surviving is pretty much zero. Playing on bigger maps helps too because people get spread out and there's more places to hide. Definitely stick by medics because even if you're down, they can revive you. For you medics out there, in an assassination mission, save your revives for the target instead of using it on the first person that drops next to you.

[quote name='Maklershed']Any chance of a body count only game night? :)[/QUOTE]

They're kinda boring though and only useful if you just want to rank up or for ribbon boosting.

[quote name='joshr915']ill add my two cents and say id also like to see the removal of explosive weapons. if you have explosive weapons, then friendly fire MUST be ON. people need to be penalized for using those so much. but removing them would be best, especially since teammates enjoy running balls out into battle and team killing would be insane :p[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Thongsy']Yes, I want friendly fire back on. It would make my Saboteur much more powerful since you don't want to go around randomly shooting your teammates. I basically shooting everybody now for fear they're in disguise. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Actually, it would cause people who like to shoot a lot and use the grenade and rockets to deal with the possibility of killing their teammates. Than we can have Wombat shout in joy after killing Traken again.[/QUOTE]Eh, let me just say the very first night, I had team kills on, but I got these angry replies (or people just wanting it off), which caused me to turn them off:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5572267&postcount=129
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5572261&postcount=127
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5572267&postcount=129
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5572267&postcount=131
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5572297&postcount=134

I don't mind at all having friendly fire on, but then I'd have to deal with people angry at me over it.

If anything, I'm closer to turning off grenade launcher, but I'm going to see if I can do addition tweaks.
[quote name='Maklershed']Any chance of a body count only game night? :)[/QUOTE]Maybe one day for a short time. It's my favorite.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't mind at all having friendly fire on, but then I'd have to deal with people angry at me over it. Maybe one day for a short time. It's my favorite.[/QUOTE]

You could always make the body count portion of the match longer by increasing the number (I think 100 kills is max) and double the time to 10 minutes instead of the default 5.

[quote name='tenchi']You could always make the body count portion of the match longer by increasing the number (I think 100 kills is max) and double the time to 10 minutes instead of the default 5.[/QUOTE]Eh, don't plan to for a main match, unless I have fewer maps. I try blowing through 7-8 maps as quick as possible.

Yea I like when the maps rotate more frequently too. If you spend too much time on one map it can get stale sometimes.

[quote name='Keegs']Yea I like when the maps rotate more frequently too. If you spend too much time on one map it can get stale sometimes.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I agree also.

If anyone in "CAG3" tags wants to be appointed to an officer, let me know and I'll do it (An Officer allows you to invite people, although I mostly do it. Set up clan games and accept/deny clan games. Also, just put you above the rest who aren't a leader). In "$CAG" clan, I'll chose who the officers will be.

Yeah I definitely like shorter map lengths, sometimes it feels like they just drag on.

Along the lines of headsets, I feel like being in a squad helps out with the mic problem. When I was in a squad I actually had my mic unmuted, otherwise I kept it muted and heard that damn double beep every 30 seconds.

Had a lot of fun last night, was surprised to see that I was up there in the points ranking most maps, depite the fact that all I would do was play medic and pick up a shotgun when I found one.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Yeah I definitely like shorter map lengths, sometimes it feels like they just drag on.

Along the lines of headsets, I feel like being in a squad helps out with the mic problem. When I was in a squad I actually had my mic unmuted, otherwise I kept it muted and heard that damn double beep every 30 seconds.

Had a lot of fun last night, was surprised to see that I was up there in the points ranking most maps, depite the fact that all I would do was play medic and pick up a shotgun when I found one.[/QUOTE]When you are in squads, you hear everyone much better. That's why if there's a group you want to work with and talk with, you form a squad (and it also helps with spawn points).

i like friendly fire on. it makes me save my ammo, and make shots that count.

oh, and whoever was on my team who i blew up with a grenade...im sorry. i thought it was going through the window, but it bounced off.

Anyone remember how my mic sounds?
It's a cheap one I bought off of Amazon when they were dumping a bunch of old headsets. Samsung WEP200 I think...
I've tweaked it a bit but I really don't have much to base it off other than it usually doesn't transmit when I'm not talking (which is good :) ).

[quote name='peloquin17'] oh, and whoever was on my team who i blew up with a grenade...im sorry. i thought it was going through the window, but it bounced off.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, I've taken blowing myself up with my own grenades to an art from. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']EDIT: StarkKat, SmogItUp, or whoever is an Officer/Leader of the hardcore clan, PLEASE invite AllahBomber (who is CAG joshr915).[/quote]

I forgot to mention, I sent this invite last night.

[quote name='MisterBee']I forgot to mention, I sent this invite last night.[/QUOTE]I figured it was you since I didn't see the other two and noticed he was online. Thank you so much for your help last night and getting the clan game accepted. :D

Thank you Mana and MisterBee for setting up the matrix clan battle last night. There were people teleporting as they ran, rockets hanging in mid air, and invincible statue troopers. There were only 10 of us playing so I don't know why the lag was so bad. Still a fun match though.

I only played in the two games in the beginning, but that was a lot of fun. It was the first time I got to use the assault class which is just awesome, although I was out of ammo most of the time...

[quote name='Sarrasis']The weapons are turned off, not the class. So boost can still be used.

I think it's a good idea to turn them off. S&D turns into a explosion fest just about every time.

I don't think you should turn on TK.[/quote]

S&D turns into an explosion fest anyways. Grenades, Exploding Turrets, Exploding Air Drones. And the final explosion of the S&D target. And these all can kill you. It's been an explosion fest since day 1 before anyone had Assault Class. And it's why it's such fun, a defensive holding action falling apart into chaos as teams sacrifice themselves to place and defuse explosives. I don't see how the removal of Assault's weapons will end this.

[quote name='tenchi']Don't worry about it, I've taken blowing myself up with my own grenades to an art from. :)[/quote] Suicide Master! I have so much learn!:lol:

bread's done
Back