CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

Like I said many times, this is mostly a test game to get us into clan battles. After this we'll expand the game and play each other again.
xGuncrazy.[/quote]

Did I miss something, or was my name at the end there on accident :S

Also, I'll be home in about 20-30 minutes
Gonna practices up for the clan match :)

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Did I miss something, or was my name at the end there on accident :S

Also, I'll be home in about 20-30 minutes
Gonna practices up for the clan match :)[/QUOTE]I make lists with PSN-IDs. That's just how I do it, since those are the names we will see in-game.

A few updates to the OP
Next Game Information

Date: 3/12
Time: 9pm EST
Host: ManaKnight
Game name: CAG Night 1
Password: shaqfu

You can find us by becoming a member of either clan. Check to see which members are online and join their game (most likely you'll be prompted to enter password, just like Warhawk). Also, if you have friends online playing (who are CAGs), you can join by checking your friends list. Also, try searching for password protected servers, then see if you see a game called CAG Night listed.

Date: 3/12
Time: 9pm EST
Clan Match: Hardcore vs. Casual 1
Size: 8 on 8

To join a clangame, it is believed you check the schedule then hop in.

[quote name='Razzuel']I'll be there tonight if that is okay.[/QUOTE]There may not be enough spots in the clan game, but there will be a 2nd room created (by me) open to anyone in the CAG community, where anyone can play, and for when the short and small clan battle ends.

if any cags would like to get a few quick ribbons before the match, I have set up a game called "cag ribbons". Password: 123

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried to accept the challenge, since I'm an officer but when I click view challenge, it says it does not exist. Does smog have to be the one to accept it since he is the leader of the clan? Mana I just sent you a friend request on psn if you would like to help me figure this out.

[quote name='sh10151']if any cags would like to get a few quick ribbons before the match, I have set up a game called "cag ribbons". Password: shaqfu.[/quote]

i can't get in the game. it says the password is invalid.

It appears the game time was screwed up, so I started it again (it says 10pm EST, but it should work now). The game has been accepted, so we'll see.

If it does not work, we'll forget about it and move on. I'm starting the CAG room about now.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']How do you join the clan game :O

Edit: oh, it's at 10 EST :([/QUOTE]
lol, i noticed that too. Mana, did you decide to give more time to set it up?

Oh wow, good thing I refreshed this page before I vented about the time. I was wondering if TMK had rewritten the time zones or something making 9EST = 7 PST

All right, let me tell everyone what happened. I started at 9pm EST for the clan game. However, it told me the game was rejected or whatever. I thought it was because of the European time zones not changing time like us was the reason. But when I tried starting another game, the only time I could chose was 10pm EST at the earliest, which probably meant 9pm EST, who knows. This is why I wanted to do a test, figure out any problems. I'm very sorry, but I may try to have something on Friday to make up for it.

Anyway, we are just playing a traditional CAG game now.

man...my power went out around 30 minutes ago and just came back on 5 minutes ago. So frustrating...I'll be on in a few minutes.

Yeah warning for next time, apparently you must be in the room by the scheduled time, no coming in late to match, no playing or watching.

I was going to sit this one out if 8 people joined by 10, only 7 people on the hardcore side were in and I was too late joining to make it 8.

There was some sort of time mix up so I don't anyone is going to get upset if you missed tonight game.

Woah, that was the laggiest match of KZ2 I've ever played. Teleporting enemies, spawn counters that didn't tick down, complete inability to spawn at times. Still it was laggy fun.

We need to get the time problem sorted so both clans can field full teams next time.

I wasn't in the Clan Match, but it said I won a Clan Challenge, so....yeah...don't know why I won a Clan Challenge.

so whos the lagger? lol.

jetone - everytime i saw you clinging on for life, i had just revived someone else a second ago. and you would die five seconds too early for my revive to come back online.

What, lagger, nope wasn't me. I just stood in a corner watching the chaos for half the game. People jumping around and disappearing and reappearing. Bombs being set with nobody there. That was just crazy.

[quote name='Thongsy']What, lagger, nope wasn't me. I just stood in a corner watching the chaos for half the game. People jumping around and disappearing and reappearing. Bombs being set with nobody there. That was just crazy.[/quote]

I saw half a Helgast come at me through the floor, and before it got to me, it disappeared. Shit was creepier then FEAR. Dead bodies crawling across the floor. Laggy KZ2 is Japanese horror.

I enjoyed playing the with some CAG's tonight. The only problem I had is when it seemed everyone on the other team used Grenade Launchers....

All right, a few things.

I want to apologize to everyone greatly for the clan game not working out. I'm just very glad I found out it will not work unless people attend early by a certain time, so I will NOT make that same mistake again.

As for the game, we had a pretty good turnout overall, but I was a bit disappointed because we lost several later on due to the confusion, and not as many showed up as I was hoping for.

Oh well, thanks a lot for showing up everyone, that was fun as always. Next game open to CAG is Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening is clan games only.

They really need to fix Faction Balancing. Seriously...

also, the kill on StarKat at the beginning of the first match I was in from 75 yards was pretty awesome.

That was a lot fun. The multiplayer is a lot better now that I have the medic badge. Healing people rocks!

Hopefully the clan match on Saturday is not has confusing. The problem was with daylight savings time?

Great game everyone!

I have one suggestion for most CAG players:
Please configure your mics to a lower sensitivity and/or turn down your sound. We are getting a constant flow of feedback in everyone's mics whenever an explosion, shotgun blast, or announcer voice occurs in a player's game.
People need to be aware then when you see your name appear on the screen and you're not talking, that means that your mic is picking up sounds and broadcasting to everyone.
Please, please, please try to lower the sensitivity. The default settings are too high for a loud action-packed game like Killzone 2.
If everyone can manage this, we should have a better experience playing when we get together like we did tonight.

Thanks!

[quote name='Razzuel']That was a lot fun. The multiplayer is a lot better now that I have the medic badge. Healing people rocks!

Hopefully the clan match on Saturday is not has confusing. The problem was with daylight savings time?[/QUOTE]I thought the problem was daylight savings time, but I guess the problem was you had to show up 15 minutes before the clan time in order for it to work, I guess. I'm going to talk to others who are more experienced with clan battling confirming it.

I thought it was daylight savings because my friends who live in various countries (like in Europe) were originally 5 hours ahead of me, and currently they are 4 (unless they all forgot to change time). That's why I wasn't too sure.

Like I said before, that's why I'm very glad I did a test. I learned what I need to do in the future against other clans. :)

bean: ya i hear that. echo is annoying. i think there are 3 people with this problem because there were contantly 4 mics showing. 1 person actually talking and 3 echos. i couldnt get the names unfortunately, jumping around too fast.

bread's done
Back