CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

It was pretty crazy lag this afternoon when I played with the same symptoms (lots of time in between missions, faction result screen up for way longer, not being able to spawn for a minute or two, etc.) so it's either my connection or the game is seriously messed up right now.

• PSN-ID: xKILGERx
  • Headset:Yes
  • Clan Choice: Alpha
  • Time Zone: Central
  • Availability: I'm currently available whenever(one of the few perks of being unemployed)

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened the last time alpha clan played sarcastic gamer. The match was declared a draw two minutes into it. We won and got the valor points but the clan stats screen still shows a draw.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can still always challenge GAF, Mana. Don't get so beat up about it.

I'll definitely try to get into the Clan match tonight. I still don't know what a Clan Match consists of, though.[/QUOTE]GAF will be tried again. I need to see who might be interested in the Alpha clan (on Saturday at 3pm EST). At least we'll do 6 on 6.

[quote name='joshr915']bad news! something came up and i CANT make it for mondays game :( sorry if you cant find 4 people :\[/quote]

Doesn't look like it will matter, the servers have been down for over an hour. It looks like I was the only person on anyway, so a draw is better than a loss. I was not even going to play if it was just me against 4 guys.

crap! if i was there we coulda taken em! haha. sucks that we still wouldnt have had enough anyway..at least i dont feel as bad. im also surprised im the only one that even said anything. clan people need to speak up more, whether or not you can make it :mad:

It'd be really nice if we could get down to one clan. I know there are too many members in each clan atm, but I really don't see the need for two with the current interest in clan battles and CAG nights.

Mana, did I catch you saying something about possibly joining another clan?

havent made a match in two weeks because my internet has been done the entire time. well, one week for internet to get back up. but im still having trouble get wireless for psn.

I've got to know what happened in today's Clan match. I know it ended in a Draw (And I believe suspending Clan Matches until that part gets fixed is a good thing) but did we "win"?

no, not enough people showed so it ended a draw. and i agree with you that we should consider postponing matches until it gets fixed. but on the other hand, i still want to play, so we may need to just have regular cag nights.

I think regular CAG nights would be best, but maybe should be have a smaller CAG night and the regular bigger CAG night until they fix the Clan matches. But that's only a suggestion.

Another suggestion is to have a 1 on 1 Tournament to decide on what Mana's permanent avatar will be. Oh, look at that. He changed it...again.

Dang it, I'm really angry right now. Let me tell you what was suppose to happen. I scheduled the clan game for 4/11 at 3pm EST (or I thought). The date on GAF says 4/10 at 8pm GMT (which is 3pm EST).

Ah dang it, I'm really angry here. It seems like many times when I try to schedule, the date gets thrown off somehow. If no one shows up, it's ok, because I should have known this error would happen. I will be resigning as the clan leader soon and handing it off to tenchi. I'm too depressed over this error. Hopefully things move smoother with me out (but I'd still be an officer).

Due to this mistake, I'll be willing to move clan members around for one game, then move them back.

PSN-ID: The_Pigeon_Man
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: 1st Alpha choice or 2nd choice Beta
Time Zone: Eastern (United States)
Availability: All the time! (afternoons MTWTFSS from 1:00p.m to 11:30 - 12:00p.m) *maybe in the night as well

I The What? have finally decided to join the core SIR MANA KNIGHT SIR! I am GENERAL CLASS SIR, and have unlocked most of the secondary ability's for each class besides two. I play morning, noon, and night SIR! I eat,sleep, and kill other players on Killzone 2 efficiently. For the past two weeks I have been training my skills as sniper and gaining medals SIR! I'm especially good at pistol matches and Screwing the other team SIR! (not literally). The Reason I haven't joined
a team so far because I thought I would get to know the basic game play down first, then the map layout, and third the gun preference/class system. I am ready to provide my skills to the core SIR and will slaughter any clan you wish to be defeated in the colosseum of Killzone 2, AMEN!

"WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU!"

[quote name='The What?']PSN-ID: The_Pigeon_Man
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: 1st Alpha choice or 2nd choice Beta
Time Zone: Eastern (United States)
Availability: All the time! (afternoons MTWTFSS from 1:00p.m to 11:30 - 12:00p.m) *maybe in the night as well

I The What? have finally decided to join the core SIR MANA KNIGHT SIR! I am GENERAL CLASS SIR, and have unlocked most of the secondary ability's for each class besides two. I play morning, noon, and night SIR! I eat,sleep, and kill other players on Killzone 2 efficiently. For the past two weeks I have been training my skills as sniper and gaining medals SIR! I'm especially good at pistol matches and Screwing the other team SIR! (not literally). The Reason I haven't joined
a team so far because I thought I would get to know the basic game play down first, then the map layout, and third the gun preference/class system. I am ready to provide my skills to the core SIR and will slaughter any clan you wish to be defeated in the colosseum of Killzone 2 AMEN!

[We who are about to die salute YOU!]

Anyway, here is the situation for clan battles (I expect us to lose on Friday due to the scheduling error, sorry. I know the time was bad. It was suppose to be 4/11 @ 3pm EST):

Clan Game Schedule

Clan Playing: CAG Clan Alpha
Opponent: Euro GAF
Challenge Status: Accepted
Day: Friday, 4/10
Time: 3pm EST /12pm PST
Valor: 5
Max People Per Clan: 6 on 6

Clan Playing: CAG Clan Alpha
Opponent: Giant Bomb
Challenge Status: About to invite
Day: Saturday, 4/11
Time: 9pm EST / 6pm PST
Valor: 5
Max People Per Clan: 10 on 10 or 12 on 12

How many can play this Saturday (4/11) @ 9pm EST, in the Alpha clan, against Giant Bomb?

I think I might be able to make it Saturday 6pm pacific.
But I haven't played in a week so I'll need to warm up first.

I got work till 5pm so hopefully I can bus home in time for it.
So I'm 50/50

I foresee imminent disaster when CAG Alpha faces Euro GAF. By that I mean insane lag. It'll also inevitably be a draw, though, which is a shame because I think the CAG clans are pretty good. At least beta is, from what I've seen.

I kinda wish they'd allow you to make Clans bigger than 32 people. Maybe 64 or 96. 2 teams of 16 isn't very good.

I wish I could be there for the Friday game, but I have classes at that time. However, I'll be able to make it to the Saturday game.

To remind everyone, CAG KZ2 night is still on tonight (despite my lack of presence) for 9pm EST. Alpha clan HAS a clan battle for Friday and Saturday, which I posted yesterday and in the OP. I also invited xKILGERx and The_Pigeon_Man to the Alpha clan.

How many CAGs showed up overall? I played for 8 minutes when it was 2 v. 3, but left after this game made me want to break it in half and send to Guerrilla Games after chewing through a whole clip at the propaganda carrier. Erratic recoil is not fun goddamn it!

Probably my first PS3 game I'll trade-in, my mild OCD usually prevents that.

[quote name='joshr915']3v3 was the most that came tonight, that i noticed[/QUOTE]
ouch, only 6 people for a CAG night :cry:
Sorry I wasn't there but I had some stuff to take care off last night. I may actually be able to make the Euro GAF match today. Although looking at their roster (most 10k - 20k exp) I think it will be a pretty lopsided match.

Suggestion: Mana, can you add links to our clans in the OP?
Alpha
Beta

[quote name='Sarrasis']ouch, only 6 people for a CAG night :cry:
Sorry I wasn't there but I had some stuff to take care off last night. I may actually be able to make the Euro GAF match today. Although looking at their roster (most 10k - 20k exp) I think it will be a pretty lopsided match.

Suggestion: Mana, can you add links to our clans in the OP?
Alpha
Beta[/QUOTE]Good idea. I actually wasn't sure (since I searched) whether it would work or not. I'll add them right away.

Despite what I said yesterday, I'm honestly not sure if I will still lead the Alpha clan and this thread. I will still be at least be an officer of the Alpha clan though.

I'm still a bit angry over yesterday, but people need to understand that I can't always give reminders about game nights since I sometimes have other things to do, and sometimes I'm just trying to post as little as possible (because posting DOES stress me out a bit at times).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
...but people need to understand that I can't always give reminders about game nights since I sometimes have other things to do...[/quote]

Since the days don't tend to jump it was pretty easy to remember what night a game is and I'm in the forum at least once a week to doublecheck.Personally I'm surprised you do give reminders, especially over PSN at that. My ps3 is rarely on, so I usually only see the reminders after I've already played the CAG Game of the night already.

Maybe a CAG PSN gaming Twitter (Do we have one already? IDK I just saw a presentation on social networking during the monthly meeting at work so I'm kinda new to all this stuff) so we can get it on our whatever devices we have whenever where ever we are?

Oh, yeah last nights turnout was a damn shame. I miss the packed CAG games so much. I play just about every night and it's just sad how our turnout has twindled. Maybe the Map pack DLC will bring back some of the straglers(I already know that Helgast train is gonna be some sure fire fun). Also isn't the timing of the DLC just right? Enough time to enjoy what was shipped with it(Has it been over a month already?!) and not get that extra cheapo feeling when DLC comes out a week or two later.

[quote name='zenprime']Since the days don't tend to jump it was pretty easy to remember what night a game is and I'm in the forum at least once a week to doublecheck.Personally I'm surprised you do give reminders, especially over PSN at that. My ps3 is rarely on, so I usually only see the reminders after I've already played the CAG Game of the night already.

Maybe a CAG PSN gaming Twitter (Do we have one already? IDK I just saw a presentation on social networking during the monthly meeting at work so I'm kinda new to all this stuff) so we can get it on our whatever devices we have whenever where ever we are?

Oh, yeah last nights turnout was a damn shame. I miss the packed CAG games so much. I play just about every night and it's just sad how our turnout has twindled. Maybe the Map pack DLC will bring back some of the straglers(I already know that Helgast train is gonna be some sure fire fun). Also isn't the timing of the DLC just right? Enough time to enjoy what was shipped with it(Has it been over a month already?!) and not get that extra cheapo feeling when DLC comes out a week or two later.[/QUOTE]I'm not talking about just PSN message reminders, I also send PMs at times, post in various threads with reminders, and sometimes even mention it in a blog. It's just a bit much for me. Some people I even sent them text messages on their cell phones (who asked if I could). ;)

Just remember its not your responsibility to get people to show up TMK. Ultimately its up to them.

They said the DLC will be out end of April

[quote name='smiggity']Just remember its not your responsibility to get people to show up TMK. Ultimately its up to them. l[/QUOTE]It stresses me when there's a low turnout or none because I didn't say much. It stresses me to have to remind just about every person. I might just not bother doing anything so I don't get stressed. :lol:

anyway, Alpha clan battle against GAF in @ 3pm EST, show up at 2:45pm.

Don't know why its not letting me join, everytime I check there's more people in the game, but when i highlight any of your names the options are grayed out.

I was really looking forward to playing with you guys too

You really should stop the reminders, relax more, and enjoy the game Mana. I honestly don't see how people need all these reminders to make it to the games. For me, remembering to show up for a CAG game comes as easily as remembering to wake up on time for classes. Set alarm clock reminders on your cells people. Looking forward to Saturday's game.
edit- woops just noticed the lopsided battle is Friday instead of Saturday. That's good, I think.

[quote name='Kilger']Don't know why its not letting me join, everytime I check there's more people in the game, but when i highlight any of your names the options are grayed out.

I was really looking forward to playing with you guys too[/QUOTE]Yeah, I apologize. It sucks because I can't see what goes on for other people (so it's not like I can instruct them easily). There will be another game for tomorrow, first 10 get in. I'm not going to pressure people as badly to show up as I did today (mostly because I was really worried if we'd get enough people).

Anyway, I'm glad you all put up a good fight against GAF Euro Clan. They truly are a tough clan playing MANY games. I feel playing against a tough competitor at least once, will make us a bit tougher clan so we will be prepared against other matches. I was glad we at least got 2 out of 7 games. Thanks to those who showed up. :)

[quote name='Kilger']Don't know why its not letting me join, everytime I check there's more people in the game, but when i highlight any of your names the options are grayed out.

I was really looking forward to playing with you guys too[/QUOTE]
Did you check to the "Events" tab? I couldn't join by clicking on anyone's name. I had to go to the events tab, click on the GAF match and join that way.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Did you check to the "Events" tab? I couldn't join by clicking on anyone's name. I had to go to the events tab, click on the GAF match and join that way.[/quote]

Yea I tried that too, the GAF match wasn't listed for me.

• PSN-ID: SilentHymn
  • Headset: Yes
  • Clan Choice: Alpha or Beta
  • Time Zone: Pacific
  • Availability: every once and a while, will try to make clan battles and cag nights

Bad news Alpha clan, Giant Bomb has yet to accept the invitation. I discussed to the leader that I sent out a new invite, but it doesn't appear it was accepted yet. :whistle2:( I'm sorry.

bread's done
Back