CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

All right, I just updated the Casual clan lists. I also promoted Tenchi to be an officer of the casual clan.

The following people (StarkKat or SmogItUp) need to be invited to the hardcore clan now:
BlackWarrior22
blakeyedsniper
JetTone
RYAend
[quote name='Trakan']There was some really bad lag last night. I ended up getting a headshot on someone and I had been lying on the ground for 3 seconds already.[/QUOTE]I just think its PSN in general on Thursday, because patch downloading in games is really slow, PSN Store downloads are slow, and even some connection in games isn't as good, but any other day (like Friday) connection is much better. I just think it might relate to Thursday being the day where PSN gets its largest traffic, but who really knows.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yeah Trakan wasn't in my games so that had to be PSN.[/QUOTE]I know my connection is fine since this is what I get:

I have Verizon FiOS (although I noticed my upload speed just came up lower than it should).

Wow, I ran mine and my school is throttling my upload. Either that or somethings wrong.

Same upload speed for way apart locations.

Great game guys. I wish I could have played earlier but you guys are in the East Coast. I have to say being a medic is very satisfying. I also love to play some engineer. Good defense FTW.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Anyway, how many people are showing up on the Saturday afternoon game?[/quote]
I could make it. It would be nice to play with some CAGs again and I won't be able to play the night game.

So the CAGcast night starts at 8PM.... I wonder if I'll be up to play this time. I'm working overnight Saturday and working Sunday morning.

All right, here is what will happen with hosting this weekend:

Saturday 3pm EST / 12pm PST / 8pm GMT
Host: tenchi33
Game Name: CAG Game
Password: shaqfu

Saturday 9pm EST / 6pm PST / 2am GMT
Host: ManaKnight
Game Name: CAG Night 1
Password: shaqfu

Sunday 8pm EST / 5pm PST / 1am GMT
Host: CheapyD or Wombat
Game Name: CAGCast ???
Password: ???

I'mma be playing this all day...never got an Invite from TMK for the clan though. Played last night with BostonCollegefan, blakeyedsniper and minibossbattle and flesh and had helluva lot of fun.

I'd like to play with some more cags sometimes, seems like the gameplay relies heavily on team based tactics.

[quote name='joe2187']I'mma be playing this all day...never got an Invite from TMK for the clan though. Played last night with BostonCollegefan, blakeyedsniper and minibossbattle and flesh and had helluva lot of fun.

I'd like to play with some more cags sometimes, seems like the gameplay relies heavily on team based tactics.[/QUOTE]Speaking of that, you actually got an invite from me this morning. I didn't invite you at first because you could not be found. Didn't invite you later since you had no rank. But once you ranked, you were near the top of the list so you got added. :) Please accept the next time you are on.

Count me in for all day saturday, maybe on sunday..not sure yet. Can't wait to met everyone...whatch out, you're about to be hunted!!!

I'm beginning to think we might need CAG nights every night for a while on this game. That's just my take, though.

I'll probably be playing most of the day Saturday and Sunday. In fact most of my free time is going to be sunk into this game for now...

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm beginning to think we might need CAG nights every night for a while on this game. That's just my take, though.[/quote]
That would be fun. To be honest that was the most fun I've with the game so far... of course that could be because I was killing/being killed by other CAGs.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm beginning to think we might need CAG nights every night for a while on this game. That's just my take, though.[/QUOTE]I don't think we'll do that though. Thursday and Saturday are guaranteed to be CAG nights. Other nights will normally be clan battles when we get them. I'm looking at having CAG Hardcore vs. CAG Casual on Monday. Haven't decided how large the match should be (I think at least 12 on 12 would be good).
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']That would be fun. To be honest that was the most fun I've with the game so far... of course that could be because I was killing/being killed by other CAGs.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you need to play Burnout Paradise with CAGs also getting taken down. ;)

Hey, send me a clan invite.

Admiral__Ackbar
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice : Casual Mostly. But available for hardcore events.
Time Zone EST

Availability: When I'm not pimpin' ho's and selling bluints.

I think my Warhawk headset is dying. It keeps cutting in and out every few minutes for some reason. That's definitely not good. Might give me an excuse to pick up SOCOM for that headset.

Also, my friend is pressuring me to help him boost 50 Clan matches for a part of the Trophy. So...I might have to leave the clan to help appease him. I don't know, but for this game, I feel like I want to do everything legit. Well...except the Weekly Challenge Bullshit Trophies. I'm not getting those unless I get a major boost of adrenaline for like...a month.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']It looks like a few people are going to show up on this afternoons game. Which I'm surprised by to be honest lol :)[/QUOTE]

you dont think we're sober enough to play? lol

All invites to those on the hardcore list Mana is updating.

Keep on honing your skills guys, we are falling in clan rank since new ones are being formed and people are dabbling in valor wagering. We'll be getting something going here soon!

[quote name='NamPaehc']All invites to those on the hardcore list Mana is updating.

Keep on honing your skills guys, we are falling in clan rank since new ones are being formed and people are dabbling in valor wagering. We'll be getting something going here soon![/QUOTE]Like I said before, we will have the two clans compete early next week to get started.

I wish the game had some automatic match making with clans, but it doesn't.

[quote name='KingBroly']So wait...CAG Hardcore is going to face-off against CAG Casual?[/QUOTE]Yeah, to get us both started. We planned to do it at least once.

The casual actually has some good players, it's just that our play style is different.

To let everyone know out of warning, I MIGHT disband the casual clan, but that's because I'm considering another way of dividing the casual clan which will eliminate the wait list and so on. I'm considering one clan for East (EST, Asia, and Europe), and one clan for West (CST, MST, PST). If I decide on this, it will be next week. The leader of the west clan would could be someone from hardcore or casual clan (I don't care, whoever wants to lead a clan and does NOT mind sending lots of invites). This will give us another competition. Some may wonder why I didn't do this earlier? The clan size for KZ2 was not known until I entered lots of names. Warhawk only has 64 (initially it was 32) and Resistance games have like 100-200. I was assuming KZ2 would have 100, but I guess not (if it did, we would not have a problem). Part of the reason I hated to start two clans initially is because early on, there will be several who want in a clan and want to play. After the first week or two (of those people who signed up), some will never accept their invite (they'll just play other games or might be too busy to play the game), some will play a little and stop playing (trading their copies in), and some will play it for a bit. By the time it gets down to those still playing, it gets much smaller (which is why I originally wanted to just leave it as one clan, since that will probably be enough, and then we have the hardcore clan for others). I'll have a plan this evening or tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN-ID: joeboosauce
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Time Zone: CST
Availability: Weeknights 8-11pm, Weekends all day

Looking forward to joining. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joeboosauce']PSN-ID: joeboosauce
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Availability: Weeknights 8-11pm, Weekdays all day

Looking forward to joining. Thanks!
[/QUOTE]A little off topic, but don't really put the blame on playfire for having to manually enter all trophies. Until it comes (which should be soon), Sony did not have trophy information anywhere online and they could not grab your trophies and automatically synch them (there has been no system set in place on Sony's end. If Sony had it, Playfire could synch throphies, like they do with XBL information). Playfire wanted to give PS3 fans a chance to show off their trophies, even if there was no system in place to grab the information (which is all Sony's fault, not Playfire). SCEA just now made it to where people can view their own trophies online, and it looks like SCEE is teaming up with Playfire getting the two synched together. I explained it all in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216912

Anyway, the game for 3pm EST is still on today. It will probably just be limited to 20 or so people, while the game for tonight will go up to 32.

Woops, looks like when I first posted I had not actually logged online yet and so I couldn't get an invite or something.

PSN-ID: Fourier_series
Headset: No (soon perhaps)
Clan Choice: Casual
Availability: Most evenings

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I should be on tonight for the 9pm game... unless the clan match won't allow me in. in that case I'll make a separate room.[/QUOTE]It will not be clan restricted, I promise. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It will not be clan restricted, I promise. :)[/quote]

awesome!

I'll heads up to whatever side I'm on: I'll be playing Assult or Engineer most of the time to get my boost ability up...

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I, of course, will be the sole tactician.[/quote]

:lol: I'll tactician if i see no one throwing out spawns...

still wondering how less crazy games were if tacticians were turned off.

I've been trying going for the air support badge as well. after an entire day of playing, ranking up to general, I only got ribbon. :p

like kingbroly, if I see our team needs spawn points.,. I'll use the tactician.

Unless the top tear players suddenly fall off the planet, I don't see myself getting the higher up valor medals for each week either.

I just got my game in the mail. Should I start playing the single player game before I head online? I don't want to get a 1 to 10 Kill death ratio, but I'm fine with a 1 to 1 though. :D

I don't think most people want it week in, week out. They just want it once so they can go get the Platinum.

EDIT: I apparently wasn't getting 2 points a kill because I had the BC badge, but apparently the Shotgun awards 2 points per kill.

I should be able to make it to the afternoon and night one. Looking forward to it even though I'm not too good. Anyone have suggestions on setting the sensitivity levels?

What's the Scan Ability do again? I'm going to continue my career as a Medic, although I was hoping for help with the final 2 BC ribbons I need. Oh well, that can be saved for another day.

it marks players on your screen and lets other players on your team have them show up on their radar. More usefull to yourself than the team but works great for almost any class.

Perhaps. I thought it'd allow your team to see where all of your opponent's guys are, no matter what.

Hey, when does the Weekly Stats category reset? Tonight or tomorrow at 7pm EST?

bread's done
Back