CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

CAG Game Night was fun =)
I think I did pretty good considering its my first CAG Night.
1st on my team for the first game, then 2nd or 3rd =) for the second game

I'm so not used to the saboteurs? I keep thinking they are my squad leaders lol =(

also, why does my event page always appear empty?
at 6:30 pacific it had nothing, at 6:40-6:45 nothing =(
Even at the clan page, it says no events.

I think the problem with the events page being empty is for people who joined the clan after the event was scheduled. I had the same problem and i was there 20 min early. No big deal... sounds like we wont anyways and the CAG night afterwords was fun.

Even though it counted as a draw, congrats on the victory guys. I didn't really mind missing out as long as you guys kicked ass. The clan game was fun anyways.

The clan game was a lot of fun. Our team worked quite well together, especially during those chaotic defend/destroy missions.

Anyone know how the beta clan did in their match?

[quote name='tenchi']The clan game was a lot of fun. Our team worked quite well together, especially during those chaotic defend/destroy missions.

Anyone know how the beta clan did in their match?[/QUOTE]They didn't play a match, only practiced I believe. They will have a match next week. Right now I'm looking for a match for the Alpha clan.

No problem. Smack talk makes the game more fun for me :)
hehe sorry Xeph. I'm sure you'll soon enjoy saboteurs when you get to play as them. Very fun.

yeah, the sabateur class is quickly becoming my favorite one to play as. c4 is great to use on defend/destroy as well as capture and hold, swap out for the boost on delivery and assassination missions. The only draw back is that the SMG is a weaker weapon but if you am for their heads, they go down just as fast.

[quote name='tenchi']yeah, the sabateur class is quickly becoming my favorite one to play as. c4 is great to use on defend/destroy as well as capture and hold, swap out for the boost on delivery and assassination missions. The only draw back is that the SMG is a weaker weapon but if you am for their heads, they go down just as fast.[/quote]

I'm actually a big fan of the SMG. Its rate of fire is crazy so your chance of getting a headshot makes up for the weaker bullets

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The real annoyance of the SMG is the ammo capacity, but other than that the thing can be scary.[/QUOTE]

This is why I always start off with the repair skill and fix a bunch of ammo boxes, then swap to the other perks if I get killed.

[quote name='tenchi']This is why I always start off with the repair skill and fix a bunch of ammo boxes, then swap to the other perks if I get killed.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of ammo boxes, I was getting pretty furstrated with joshr915 being an effective engineer. Freakin' turrets everywhere, while claiming all the ammo boxes and machine gun emplacements. Nothing more depressing than seeing a mini-map full of red icons. :(

Shotguns to the head also make me a sad panda.

hahaha. im sure i was only able to do that because it was mostly 3v3. if it was a full game i would have gotten a lot more dead trying to repair things :p

I actually can't stand the SMG. Most of the time, I'll load someone up with a ton of bullets but they manage to survive and take me out with a few rifle shots or 1 shotgun blast. If I do manage to survive, I shout "YES!" at the TV out of shock and happiness and swap for the rifle or shotgun.

Thanks to everyone who came to the practice, it really was short notice (I should have thought of it earlier in the week). If anyone wants to make any changes to maps, games, classes let me know and I will change the saved custom game.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Shotguns to the head also make me a sad panda.[/quote]

One thousand times this, as an example of my wonderful 10 second life in the assassination round...

[quote name='MisterBee']Thanks to everyone who came to the practice, it really was short notice (I should have thought of it earlier in the week). If anyone wants to make any changes to maps, games, classes let me know and I will change the saved custom game.
[/QUOTE]

Only change I would recommend is changing the map selection to the small-mid sized maps, given the potentially low turn out until 1) the BETA clan gets bigger, and 2) More people know about the Saturday practices.

also MisterB, I cant remember if it was there or not, but I've never liked the nade launcher, i vote ban since its too spammy :D be nice if we could ban it in clan matches but i doubt the other clan would go for that. people love that thing too much

Someone from IGX (think that is right) messaged me on PSN about not accpecting our request for a battle but asked about next weekend. I didn't reply as I had to get off so I don't have much more info for the moment.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Someone from IGX (think that is right) messaged me on PSN about not accpecting our request for a battle but asked about next weekend. I didn't reply as I had to get off so I don't have much more info for the moment.[/QUOTE]Go ahead and send invite to "Sarcastic Gamer" for next weekend.

Clan Playing: CAG Clan Beta
Opponent: Sarcastic Gamer
Challenge Status: Send Invite to SGC
Day: Saturday, 4/4
Time: 9pm EST 8pm CST / 7pm MST / 6pm PST
Valor: 10 (or whatever you want)
Max People Per Clan: 8 on 8

[quote name='tenchi']yeah, the sabateur class is quickly becoming my favorite one to play as. c4 is great to use on defend/destroy as well as capture and hold, swap out for the boost on delivery and assassination missions. The only draw back is that the SMG is a weaker weapon but if you am for their heads, they go down just as fast.[/quote]
The Saboteur class seems like it could be fun. I used it to score the assassination kill during our last clan match. It was pretty awesome since my disguise wore off just before getting to him and I ran past the rest of his team to get him.

I think the SMG is generally my favorite gun at this point. The damage and rate of fire that thing throws down at close range is just plain lethal. Throw in the disguise ability of the saboteur and man thats a brutal combo.

I think the only class i really dislike playing at this point is the Scout. I am just not quick enough with a sniper rifle... and i just dont have the patience to wait out the kills. Hopefully someday i'll get the scout medals.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you play scout right they can be beastly. You can just run in for kills, just practice blind fire without the scope since one hit is usually a kill.[/quote]
Yeah I can't wait to get the scout. I'm like 250 points away from it.

Someone from the BETA clan needs to send the challenge request to Sarcastic Gamer. Be sure to turn Grenade launcher off.

As for the Alpha clan, still looking for a clan to play. :whistle2:(

Will there be Alpha (or even Beta so I can consider them too) clan members available in the afternoon (like at 3-4pm EST) at times, on Saturday? I just ask because most KZ2 clans I come across are based in Europe, so in order to have a clan battle work, we'd have to play much earlier.

Mana, I can usually be around that time as long as it's not a Sunday. Although I might just be waking up around that time...

I might be able to show up, though I won't be entirely sure until Friday. I usually don't know what's going to happen during the day on weekends until a day in advance..

[quote name='Inf^Shini']That's weird, you'd think we'd have a good amount in the US by now.

Hopefully I'll be free, but don't hold me to it :/[/QUOTE]There's no doubt, a great percentage of PS3 Gamers come from Europe (from the many PS3 centric forums I visit). And KZ2 continues to sell well in Europe, so I expect the majority will be from there. I dunno if an afternoon game will happen this week, I just ask because we might have an afternoon game one day.

my internet has been down since the weekend. mana, did i get moved? i hope my internet access gets up sooner than later.

Hey Mana, if we are looking for Clans to challenge what about Ephemeral Fantasia(RebelFM's clan)? Not sure who you have to contact though since they don't have any forums...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='enufs8d']my internet has been down since the weekend. mana, did i get moved? i hope my internet access gets up sooner than later.[/QUOTE]You have not been moved.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Hey Mana, if we are looking for Clans to challenge what about Ephemeral Fantasia(RebelFM's clan)? Not sure who you have to contact though since they don't have any forums...[/QUOTE]I'd be willing to if they were up to it. I tried contacting one person looking for a challenge via email, but it said the email wasn't valid.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Someone from the BETA clan needs to send the challenge request to Sarcastic Gamer. Be sure to turn Grenade launcher off.

As for the Alpha clan, still looking for a clan to play. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Mana -- I tried sending them a challenge via Killzone.com and it failed. In fact, I've never been successful sending a challenge using the website. :bomb: I'll try doing it in-game but ask Sarcastic Gamer if they could send the BETA clan an invite if they don't receive one by tomorrow. Thanks!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'd be willing to if they were up to it. I tried contacting one person looking for a challenge via email, but it said the email wasn't valid.[/quote]
Really? What about trying to email one of the guys at RebelFm? Maybe they could point you to the right person. I guess someone could try and leave a note in the show comments as well.

Alright, I submitted a challenge online. First time I tried, it said "Network Error -- Please try later."

I tried again, and got "You have already challenged Sarcastic Gamer" only I can't see the event on the clan calendar. I swear, this system hates me.

Anyways, Mana, could you ask them if they received the challenge?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Really? What about trying to email one of the guys at RebelFm? Maybe they could point you to the right person. I guess someone could try and leave a note in the show comments as well.[/QUOTE]Actually, I was talking about another group, who I tried to send an email to. I'll look into that though.

Also, I just posted asking SGC whether they got the invite.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, I was talking about another group, who I tried to send an email to. I'll look into that though.[/quote]
Ah, you didn't make that clear in the post.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Ah, you didn't make that clear in the post.[/QUOTE]I know who Nick is at CAG. I know Anthony because I worked on the staff of a handheld gaming website with him once. I can definitely try to contact them if they have a clan.

EDIT: I just sent emails to two of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey Off-topic.

Are we gonna have a Fat Princess clan? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Psh -- as if you have to ask.

Hopefully, we can get the clans created w/o too much re-shuffling. Mana should have the whole process down pat, given his experience with the Warhawk and KZ2 clans. ;)

It seems Alpha clan has been finally credited with 10 valor but not the win for the game against Sarcastic Gamer.

The battle replay is still messed up though.

ive been noticing stats updating slow lately. my ps3 trophy sig is also like a week behind. even the official one is behind. its only up to date on my ps3. cant figure it out.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It seems Alpha clan has been finally credited with 10 valor but not the win for the game against Sarcastic Gamer.

The battle replay is still messed up though.[/QUOTE]Yeah, which is why we will rematch them someday.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It seems Alpha clan has been finally credited with 10 valor but not the win for the game against Sarcastic Gamer.

The battle replay is still messed up though.[/QUOTE]

That's good we got the valor points but still wish we got the 'W' on the stats instead of a draw. Too bad the replay is still messed up. I'd like to watch that game again since we did so well as a team.

So I have a crazy idea...

In the event that neither the ALPHA or BETA clan have a match, why not the two clans face each other rather than holding individual practices? It's more real-world practice than just ALPHA or BETA separately, and probably more fun since we'll have more people. I think we could easily get ~12-14 people on a Saturday.

I know that some of us had grandiose ideas of being the #1 clan in Killzone 2 across the world; but after the head-ache of trying to schedule matches with other clans and the headache of using the KZ interface, I'd be perfectly happy if we played just within CAG.

We could even wager valor or none-at-all -- I don't think anyone really cares so long as we enjoy ourselves. Mana or someone else would have to send the invite as I have had no success, unfortunately. :(

bread's done
Back