CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='dptang0']i read everything in the post and i plan to join the league as the colts[/QUOTE]

Fair warning, Peyton is out for the year :D I'll send you the PM

ATL - 28
JAX - 27

Guys,

It has been fun, but I am out for good this time, since it is based more on me than circumstances around me. I just don't have anything left to give to Madden this year. I really have no feeling on winning or losing. The game against JAX was a perfect example. In the first 3 quarters, I couldn't do anything right and it didn't bother me in the slightest. In the last quarter, I mounted a good comeback and it didn't matter at all to me. It has been this way for a few weeks now and I feel ready to move on. Maybe by the time 13 hits, I will be ready for some more.

Good luck to everyone and I hope the league continues to thrive as well as it has. I'll still keep up with the thread and follow the rest of the season.

Don't feel bad, man. I think we're all getting close to being burnt out. I don't think online franchise play has ever lasted this long on CAG, so I think we've all done something right. Sorry to see you go. You were my most consistently fun opponent.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Don't feel bad, man. I think we're all getting close to being burnt out. I don't think online franchise play has ever lasted this long on CAG, so I think we've all done something right. Sorry to see you go. You were my most consistently fun opponent.[/QUOTE]

Same with you man..never could touch you with the Pack, so I consider myself winless against you. Hope to see you in 13 and see if I can redeem myself :D

Games remaining:
Bears vs. Lions (Blade said he needed a sub, Blade, if you can't find anyone play the CPU)
Eagles vs. Cowboys (hopefully these guys get it done)
Jets vs. Chiefs
Bills vs. Raiders (haven't heard from billy in here for a while)
Texans vs. Titans
Ravens vs. Rams (lyric, if you can't find anyone you can also play the CPU)

Let's get it done folks.

That's unfortunate, Yanksfan. You'll definitely be missed, but I think we can all empathize to a degree, haha. Hope you'll be back for 13 :D

Guess the new guy took the Jets? Trying to schedule something for late tomorrow....sorry guys I tried to get a sub earlier this week.

[quote name='staticz']Guess the new guy took the Jets? Trying to schedule something for late tomorrow....sorry guys I tried to get a sub earlier this week.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. He said he would take the Colts, so hopefully he clears it up.

I've asked for 2 straight days numerous times for someone to help and sub for the Titans v Texans. I'm with blade, I'll play CPU Unless someone can sub tonite around 630ish CST.

Lyric,
Sorry I cant play tonight u didnt pm me till yesterday night at 7 to ask about playing your primary game. Guess you will have to play the comp or find a sub which seems to be difficult this week.

Honestly the whole sub/secondary thing isn't working out. There are about 3 people who volunteer to sub and they can't play every game. It would be easier just to let people start playing the CPU.

I concur (always wanted to say that), I think in the current state, we have lasted for a while playing everygame, people are leaving. I say to make things move and MAYBE get us through the playoffs we play the CPU for secondary teams.

Yea whatever I guess, that means I'll be playing a lot of CPU's. If we do this, I'm gonna be done with JV after this season.

It is a better option than everyone just quitting though.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Ill be home again around 7pm . Also like ive said a million times if u neef a sub message me im always on.[/QUOTE]

Or you could simply respond in the thread and say "hey I'll play tonite for the team you mentioned in the thread a few times"

[quote name='campbellbj1']Lyric,
Sorry I cant play tonight u didnt pm me till yesterday night at 7 to ask about playing your primary game. Guess you will have to play the comp or find a sub which seems to be difficult this week.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to play the CPU as long as no one objects. This is kinda ridiculous.

Okay, here's the thing. I really wanted to wait until Nate got back, but it's becoming obvious to me that people are starting to get frustrated with the sub/secondary thing. Which is fine, it's definitely a time consuming method of doing a league. If you guys want to start playing the CPU, that's fine. However, you're still more than welcome to ask for subs. And if you're playing someone who still wants to have a secondary, please PM them before playing the CPU.

Guys, I know it'd be ideal if Nextlvl posted in the thread more, but he says he's on xbl a lot, which is perfectly fine. He should be just as easy to reach as someone on CAG, just through Xbox Live. Let's not pile on him because of that, it sounds like he's not that hard to reach.

Lyric, feel free to play the computer. I know it's not the best option, but you deserve to get the game in.

Tensions seem to be a bit high. Let's cool down. Any update on the games that need to be played?

What is frustrating is that after I sent Campbell a PM, he replied that he would be available Saturday. To which I replied that the deadline was Friday. Then, he asked which game. Only after he realized that it was his secondary did he ultimately let me know he wasn't available.

I don't appreciate the jab about contacting you about the game when you didn't even know 1) when the deadline was; and 2) who you were playing.

Whoa dude that's crazy it wasn't meant as a jab and I didn't say I wasn't available because it was my secondary team. Here's the deal u contacted me on the night before the deadline I hadn't heard from anyone about the ravens game so I figured it was against a sec team. When u contacted me I thought u wanted to play a game in the main league which the deadline isn't tonight

[quote name='campbellbj1']Whoa dude that's crazy it wasn't meant as a jab and I didn't say I wasn't available because it was my secondary team. Here's the deal u contacted me on the night before the deadline I hadn't heard from anyone about the ravens game so I figured it was against a sec team. When u contacted me I thought u wanted to play a game in the main league which the deadline isn't tonight[/QUOTE]

I'm not in the main league ...

I haven't heard back from the guy who said he was the jets. I've got a main league game at 12:30 est....what do you want me to do Kaster?

[quote name='staticz']I haven't heard back from the guy who said he was the jets. I've got a main league game at 12:30 est....what do you want me to do Kaster?[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and play the CPU, if you prefer. Otherwise we'll sim it. I wish he'd told me he was going to play as the Jets, because he said the Colts. But because of the unusual circumstances of this week, I'll let people get their games in until about midnight. Is he still signed in as them?

[quote name='KasterDB']Go ahead and play the CPU, if you prefer. Otherwise we'll sim it. I wish he'd told me he was going to play as the Jets, because he said the Colts. But because of the unusual circumstances of this week, I'll let people get their games in until about midnight. Is he still signed in as them?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind bro I'm fucking blind. He sent me a PM were on for 11ish tonight!

[quote name='KasterDB']Go ahead and play the CPU, if you prefer. Otherwise we'll sim it. I wish he'd told me he was going to play as the Jets, because he said the Colts. But because of the unusual circumstances of this week, I'll let people get their games in until about midnight. Is he still signed in as them?[/QUOTE]

i thought i sent you the pm last night about picking the jets...my bad

Yeah no strike right. Anyhow ill be on all day. I have it set up to message me on reples to my cell. Sometimes it works lol. Like i said im on and i try to post here ladt two weeks ive made a real effort so im ready to sub play whatever it takes just hit me up i reply fast

campbellbj1, you still controlling the Ravens? If so I can play tonight possibly later in the evening and the same probably goes for tomorrow evening. Just PM me and let me know what your schedule is like. Monday evening should be pretty open too.

im guessing cowboys vs eagles got simmed did we get strikes for this we just couldnt match up really is wut i found our issue to be

[quote name='DVO21']im guessing cowboys vs eagles got simmed did we get strikes for this we just couldnt match up really is wut i found our issue to be[/QUOTE]

No, there was always communication. I think the strikes rule was created so that people couldn't just ignore the league and then coast into the playoffs on sims. In your guys' case, you just were unable to get together at the same time.

Guys, I just heard from Nate. He wanted me to let you know that while he understands the need for CPU games, we still should PM people with secondaries and/or request subs BEFORE playing the CPU. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='KasterDB']No, there was always communication. I think the strikes rule was created so that people couldn't just ignore the league and then coast into the playoffs on sims. In your guys' case, you just were unable to get together at the same time.

Guys, I just heard from Nate. He wanted me to let you know that while he understands the need for CPU games, we still should PM people with secondaries and/or request subs BEFORE playing the CPU. Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

Just for the record, I sat here for days trying to get a sub, and I know it wasn't necessarily directed at me. Also, I lost to the CPU anyway...I am just horrible now, I don't know what happened...

Chiefs took care of the Bills last night and are ready to prep for their matchup against the Pats next week.

Billy, that game should have been a lot closer. So many passes clanked off your DBs hands....Matt Cassel bloooooows.

[quote name='campbellbj1']I can still play the ravens games but not till Monday night[/QUOTE]

Okay I'll be around. It's after 5 EST now, can you do it fairly soon. I'm not good after 10 or so.

[quote name='Blade3D']Just for the record, I sat here for days trying to get a sub, and I know it wasn't necessarily directed at me. Also, I lost to the CPU anyway...I am just horrible now, I don't know what happened...[/QUOTE]

Just want to clarify...this wasn't "directed" at anybody. Obviously, I understand the need to allow CPU games as an option since Madden interest has started to wane in both leagues. And of course that magnifies as the deadline approaches and multiple requests have been made.

All I was asking of everyone is to make an attempt at finding a sub and not just playing the CPU on day one. It was basically just a reminder to use what some would see as common sense. As long as you've done those things, playing the CPU is the only option left...and I think everybody could recognize that.

campbellbj1, I can also do tomorrow night/early Wednesday if that works better for you. Actually, since I don't feel good tonight we should aim for tomorrow night or early Wednesday.

Bengals 19
Broncos 14

Cincinnati squeaks by KasterDB and the mighty Broncos with a 19-14 win tonight. After the game started out looking like it was going to be a rout for Denver, the Bengals' defense was able to shake up Kyle Orton and that potent passing attack in the second quarter. In all, the Bengals D notched six sacks, including one safety, to keep the Broncos' offense off-balance for the final three quarters of the game.

The Broncos defense played remarkably, as well, limiting the Bengals to just 88 yards on the ground. Both teams were horrendous on third down, going 3-of-9 each.

Denver's special teams scored returned a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter, as well.

GG KasterDB. This was one seesaw battle, and it just seemed like the one who had the luck would get the win.

Mighty Broncos nothin', I was 3-8 going into that one :lol:

Your defense really tightened up after my opening drive. I really was only close to scoring one other time when I missed that long field goal. The kickoff return helped, but it just helped hide the fact that my offense was just miserable. Good game, man.

bread's done
Back