CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I sometimes get nausea and light-headedness when weight lifting, anyone know of what causes this? I've had it for as long as I can remember. I feel it becomes less of a problem the more I get back into the regular routine of things, but it's always been an occasional issue of mine. I eat before and after, get up for water, breath plenty during reps, etc...

Nothing huge, but sometimes I do feel I have to end early because of it.[/QUOTE]
That happens to me occasionally, and I've read so many different things it's hard to tell what causes it.

- too much (or too little) food beforehand
- dehydration (or overhydration)
- overexertion
- hyperventilation

Take your pick...

So..... Insanity is hard as balls. I'm in good shape... at least I think I'm in good shape and this morning was Day 1 and it kicked my ass. This was just the "fit test" warm up day! I'm already sore and it's only been 3 hours since I finished. I'm actually frightened for tomorrow...

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0

Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 232.8 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 230.2 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.6 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -20.4 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 30.2 lbs to go

Not a bad week, considering I lost 2 days working out due to the MLK holiday and my son's surgery. I also sprinkled in a cheat day on Saturday with a plate of Boneless Buffalo Wings at Applebees.

30 more lbs seems so far away, but I'll get there. Hell, I'm almost half way to my goal and it's only been 3 weeks. Mrs. Number83 wants to go on vacation in June, so I have nothing better to do except get in shape by then...May even adjust my goal to something lower, but I don't want to think about that yet.

I pigged out on Sunday watching the two football games and it shows. I didn't lose any weight this week...

Height: 5'7

Starting Weight (May): 231.6
Last week's weight: 200.2 lbs
Current weight: 200.2
Goal weight: 30.2 pounds to go

Javery, they don't call it Insanity for nothing :lol: The workouts are pretty hard, but I'm sure you can get through them. You seem to be in better shape than I am and I was able to get through them, albeit with a couple of rests.

[quote name='Javery']So..... Insanity is hard as balls. I'm in good shape... at least I think I'm in good shape and this morning was Day 1 and it kicked my ass. This was just the "fit test" warm up day! I'm already sore and it's only been 3 hours since I finished. I'm actually frightened for tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it gets a lot better. The first week will kick your ass. It'll get to the point where it is pretty fun. The second half of Insanity though.... >________>. I did the first month twice after attempting the second month for a week. The exercises were kicking my ass. Huge difference when it becomes an hour; Diamond jumps are a bitch.

[quote name='Luxuria']Trust me, it gets a lot better. The first week will kick your ass. It'll get to the point where it is pretty fun. The second half of Insanity though.... >________>. I did the first month twice after attempting the second month for a week. The exercises were kicking my ass. Huge difference when it becomes an hour; Diamond jumps are a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it properly. I can only get to the gym 4 times a week and doing the program at home is impossible. My basement only has 6ft. ceilings and I can't do it on the first floor because I'll wake the kids from all the jumping around. When it gets warmer I guess I could try it outside or in my garage on the days I can't get to the gym. I'm kind of annoyed because I really want to do the full 60 days. Will 4 times a week work? I can do the routine and then ride an elliptical for another 45 minutes or something but I just can't get there every day.

[quote name='Javery']I'm not sure I'll be able to do it properly. I can only get to the gym 4 times a week and doing the program at home is impossible. My basement only has 6ft. ceilings and I can't do it on the first floor because I'll wake the kids from all the jumping around. When it gets warmer I guess I could try it outside or in my garage. I'm kind of annoyed because I really want to do the full 60 days. Will 4 times a week work? I can do the routine and then ride an elliptical for another 45 minutes or something but I just can't get there every day.[/QUOTE]

I seriously don't understand how anyone other than a 5 foot tall housewife could do Insanity in their home. Between the average ceiling height making the jumping around a problem (especially with your arms up) and the fact that anyone over a hundred pounds is going to make a shitload of noise doing the workout... I just don't get how it's supposed to work for adult men unless you have a garage or basement with high ceilings.

[quote name='Javery']I'm not sure I'll be able to do it properly. I can only get to the gym 4 times a week and doing the program at home is impossible. My basement only has 6ft. ceilings and I can't do it on the first floor because I'll wake the kids from all the jumping around. When it gets warmer I guess I could try it outside or in my garage on the days I can't get to the gym. I'm kind of annoyed because I really want to do the full 60 days. Will 4 times a week work? I can do the routine and then ride an elliptical for another 45 minutes or something but I just can't get there every day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that will work as well, especially until you improve on the workout videos. As long as you just stay determined it'll be fine. Just try to attempt each of the exercises and mix it up each week to your choosing. Also, since Cardio Abs is so short, you could add that in more than once a week. Once you notice that the exercises are getting easier for you to complete, see if you can attempt two of the videos in one day, either right after or later in the day if you may, or even choose certain sections from a video. The second time I ran through the first month, I added in some exercises from the Core Cardio and Balance exercises for example.

To be honest, as long as you are still exercising, you'll be fine, and as long as you know you WILL get results, keep at it. ^^

[quote name='blindinglights']I seriously don't understand how anyone other than a 5 foot tall housewife could do Insanity in their home. Between the average ceiling height making the jumping around a problem (especially with your arms up) and the fact that anyone over a hundred pounds is going to make a shitload of noise doing the workout... I just don't get how it's supposed to work for adult men unless you have a garage or basement with high ceilings.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What do people think about doing the program 6 times a week as recommended but doing Tuesdays and Thursdays at night (after 8PM) meaning that on Wednesday and Friday mornings there will only have been about 8 hours in between workouts (and also between Mondays/Tuesdays and Wednesday/Thursday there will be about 36 hours in between)? It doesn't sound like a good idea but I don't know...

OK, definitely a "no" to my previous post. Holy shit I just did the second Insanity workout this morning and I thought I was going to collapse. I couldn't keep up at all. So so so hard. I'm sore already too. The suicide jumps are next to impossible. This is great.

I did add 1.5 lbs. though so far this week which is weird... I swapped my treadmill run for the Insanity workout but otherwise stayed the same with everything else. It could be because weigh-ins are usually Fridays but I was feeling good this morning so I hopped on the scale and I was a bit surprised. I also think I have to take a huge dump so maybe that will do it. I don't know. I really thought there was a chance to go below 180 lbs. for the first time in 15+ years but I guess not.

Insanity is quite the challenge. I have a couple friends using the workout to get into shape. From what I've seen, it's pretty tough. Keep at it, sir.

My body tends to fluctuate three to five pounds on any given day. Getting the proper sustenance does that. I wouldn't be too worried about 1.5 pounds. Worst case scenario, it takes you an extra day to burn off that weight. :)

I'm not going into any detail but it's been about a week since I cycled off a supplement that targets and burns fat. It's good timing as it started to irritate my skin. As a recommendation, I changed my daily cardio from 90 minutes at the start and 60 minutes at the end to just 60 minutes at the end. So far, I have retained a lot more muscle mass since the change. Next week, I intend to toss back on my 40-pound vest during the last 60 minutes. Just to see how my back reacts. I'm pretty sure I injured my back because I did two-hour runs with the vest. If I do run longer than 60 minutes, I'm taking off the vest. I can't afford another two-month layoff.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Dumbbell flat bench press -- Hard. I'm making progress (currently at 135lbs for reps) but it's been a real struggle compared to nearly every other exercise, and I feel like I'm quickly approaching a plateau.

Chest dips -- Easy. I could bang out reps at bodyweight (~165lbs) and hardly break a sweat. I started adding weight last week to keep things interesting.

*confused*

Chase, I hope you are at least running on something with some give and not on blacktop with the vest. Your back is a concern (especially since you've already injured it), but your knees are also a major concern in that situation. I'm not sure how strong your legs are, but even if you squat four or five hundred pounds, your knees can still take a serious beating from running with a 40 pound vest. Especially for extended periods of time.

You could opt for sprints with the vest if you're trying to increase leg strength, speed, or lung capacity. That would allow you to put your knees under strain for a much shorter length of time and would probably result in better gains over running for an extended period of time. If you're going for endurance, I would suggest increasing and maintaining the intensity of your runs (without the vest) for that 60 minutes to protect your knees. Alternating between the two methods would probably be your best bet.

Guys, My Fitness Pal is a much better app than lose it. The iPad app is really cool too.

Also, you can scan bar codes to bring up food info. I've dumped Lose It completely now.

---

In week 3 of the 5x5. I have thigh muscles I didn't know were there before.

[quote name='Chase']I'm not going into any detail but it's been about a week since I cycled off a supplement that targets and burns fat. [/QUOTE]

Did it work? I've tried Ripped Fuel in the past and it curbs my appetite so I'm never tempted to snack but I'm not sure it does what it thinks it does. When ephedra was still on the shelf that shit worked. I took some Hydroxycut back in the mid-90s and lost 25 lbs. in about 5 minutes - it just melted off. Too bad my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at any moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Guys, My Fitness Pal is a much better app than lose it. The iPad app is really cool too.

Also, you can scan bar codes to bring up food info. I've dumped Lose It completely now.

---

In week 3 of the 5x5. I have thigh muscles I didn't know were there before.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to get you guys to switch :lol:

My name's condor80 on there if you want to add me:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/condor80

Quick questions for you guys.

With new diet plans, its obvious I wont get the daily recommended vitamins and such. With that being said, would any of you suggest taking any (multi)vitamin(s)? If yes, which one?

Im 24 years old, 264 lbs., if it means anything.

Thank you.

The GNC multi-vitamin is pretty good but I'm sure it's overpriced. However, your diet should contain vitamins and healthy foods, etc. Starving yourself won't get it done long-term. It's all about portion control and a healthy balance.

[quote name='seanr1221']Guys, My Fitness Pal is a much better app than lose it. The iPad app is really cool too.

---

In week 3 of the 5x5. I have thigh muscles I didn't know were there before.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried that app (I don't use any app, actually) but the Fooducate app is pretty badasss. It's a food barcode scanner that will suggest better alternatives. (Sounds like what you mentioned in My Fitness Pal.)

[quote name='blindinglights']Alternating between the two methods would probably be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Good advice, sir. I do sprints occasionally. Mostly on the weekends. I workout at night and opted for longer runs instead of mixing up sprints and runs 'cause I couldn't see anything and I'm lazy and don't want to break-up my workout by driving to the nearest high school. Hahaha... (Pardon the terrible sentence.)

My physician said what you said. I'm also stubborn. So we'll see if I wind up hurting anything else.

[quote name='Javery']Did it work? I've tried Ripped Fuel in the past and it curbs my appetite so I'm never tempted to snack but I'm not sure it does what it thinks it does. When ephedra was still on the shelf that shit worked. I took some Hydroxycut back in the mid-90s and lost 25 lbs. in about 5 minutes - it just melted off. Too bad my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at any moment.[/QUOTE]

I completely understand. :) Here's an insight into my head: Not a fan of fat burners that rely on energy supplements (like Hydroxycut). I have been using HGH to burn off fat. I have used and recommend HGHup and HGHpro (which is on sale right now at the link). Results may vary per person, but, in my system, it primarily burns fat. Hasn't really helped with putting on muscle.

If you do need an energy boost, I recommend 1MR (1 More Rep). No crash. Super-effective. Good ingredients. No sugar.

[quote name='Alleran']Quick questions for you guys.

With new diet plans, its obvious I wont get the daily recommended vitamins and such. With that being said, would any of you suggest taking any (multi)vitamin(s)? If yes, which one?

Im 24 years old, 264 lbs., if it means anything.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I recommend Animal Pak for your multivitamin needs. Something like Muscle Milk is a good alternative. All the vitamins a person needs per day. Little to no sugar. :)

I don't have the last picture at the moment at my biggest, but I was up to 225 when I was depressed and had a drinking problem and didn't care what happened. My uncle slapped me with a wake up call and in the midst of my rant about how I hated myself he told me to get up and do something about it. He told me to stop mindlessly abusing my body and if I really was sick and tired of being fat and miserable then I should do something about it. I quit drinking the next day..

in the summer of 2009 : age:23
height: 5'7"
weight: 225

Today: Age:25
height: 5'7"
weight: 155

I got down to 148, but I wasn't hardly eating anything though. Now I stick to a strict but nice diet, take plenty of protein, and exercise every other day. Loving life now..

171750_1742032921557_1560743689_1723606_7026229_o.jpg
[/IMG]

311557_2317742873946_1560743689_2432934_91110220_n.jpg
[/IMG]

I find my body weight doesn't fluctuate wildly 3 to 5 finds if I weigh myself at the same time at each weigh in and try to keep my conditions a constant.

I don't see how some of you people are eating only 1,400 or so calories a day.

I eat at least 2,400 a day and I'm still hungry but also still losing bodyfat.

Current weight: 142lbs
goal: I actually would like to add weight eventually, but my current goal is to get that six pack in full. I can currently visibly see abs but not quite down to the BF% I would like. Tried adding weight earlier in the year but its just too darn expensive for me to eat as much as I would need to. Maybe I'm just too young and my metabolism is a freak but I cannot survive on much less than 2,500 a day!!! I even cut out cardio to try to add a bit of mass!
Diet: SCRITCTLY chicken around 260z a day(grilled, skinless, lean breast) sometimes beef(steak), brown rice ( 5servings), oatmeal (2 to 3 packets), and some occasional fruit. I drink only water except one day a week I do not diet at all. Eating clean has allowed me exceptional progress, though I feel I'm starting to hit a wall or my progress is just slowing down.
height: 5' 8"

@nothingface
you're looking good, no homo. heh. Keep at it man I was 175lbs a year ago, felt depressed, lethargic, and just shitty in general. I'm in the best shape of my life and still striving to push further and not looking back.

[quote name='Rumors']I find my body weight doesn't fluctuate wildly 3 to 5 finds if I weigh myself at the same time at each weigh in and try to keep my conditions a constant.

goal: I actually would like to add weight eventually, but my current goal is to get that six pack in full. I can currently visibly see abs but not quite down to the BF% I would like. Tried adding weight earlier in the year but its just too darn expensive for me to eat as much as I would need to. Maybe I'm just too young and my metabolism is a freak but I cannot survive on much less than 2,500 a day!!! I even cut out cardio to try to add a bit of mass!
Diet: SCRITCTLY chicken around 260z a day(grilled, skinless, lean breast) sometimes beef(steak), brown rice ( 5servings), oatmeal (2 to 3 packets), and some occasional fruit. I drink only water except one day a week I do not diet at all. Eating clean has allowed me exceptional progress, though I feel I'm starting to hit a wall or my progress is just slowing down.
height: 5' 8"[/quote]
How the heck can you be eating 2500 cals a day at your size? Unless you have an extremely physical job And working out hard for at least 4 hours a day that includes cardio, I find that highly unlikely. High metabolism or not, you can't break the laws of physics.

@nothingface
you're looking good, no homo. heh. Keep at it man I was 175lbs a year ago, felt depressed, lethargic, and just shitty in general. I'm in the best shape of my life and still striving to push further and not looking back.
Was that part really necessary? I shouldn't even need to go into why it shouldn't have shown up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I aplogize for that, I really do. I forget myself sometimes but I really didn't mean anything by it. However, in the context of this thread it wasn't needed I understand. As well as I undersatnd it wasn't needed in general. I don't need to add to the stigmitization of the whole issue. Sorry.

I seriously eat well over 2000 a day. Hover on 2300-2,400 most days and I really don't lose weight but I'm not gaining either. Goals are really body recomp and it seems to be working. I don't work out more than anybody else... 4 hour workouts would be useless unless for a non-athlete like myself. Maybe its the fact that I eat so clean but I do eat about that much daily and would be more than happy to show anybody my notes

[quote name='Rumors']I find my body weight doesn't fluctuate wildly 3 to 5 finds if I weigh myself at the same time at each weigh in and try to keep my conditions a constant.

height: 5' 8"

@nothingface
you're looking good, no homo. heh. Keep at it man I was 175lbs a year ago, felt depressed, lethargic, and just shitty in general. I'm in the best shape of my life and still striving to push further and not looking back.[/QUOTE]

No homo at all haha thanks man yes I just try to keep pushing myself every time I work out to see how far I can take myself. Plus I feel a lot better now and not actually hating life. It feels much better and easier to do cardio and other things when your body isn't bogged down with a poisonous diet and lifestyle.

I didn't take any offense by it but I see where it could be taken the wrong way, I understand it's a commonly used phrase but some may take offense. Anyways, good to see eveyone's progress on here and glad to see others improving themselves. Keep up the good work fellow CAGs!!!

[quote name='seanr1221']Finished week 3 of the Strong Lifts 5x5

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Get some!!!!!!!

I've kinda toned myself down on some of my benching but I dropped the weight down and surprisingly for me my max went up though. My routine today was bench: pyramid 145-10,9,8,7,6 then 155-5,5,5,5 in between each set I curled 30lbs in each hand. Then I got on the butterfly machine and did 10 sets of 5 with 130 and in between each set I did 5 dips. That's really helped bring my max up with all the circuit training I've been doing (in my case anyways) first time I started lifting I could barely do 75, last week I benched 225. Not bad for my small size I don't think.

Start Date: Jan 2, 2012
Starting weight: 390 lbs
Height: 6'5"
Current Weight: 370 lbs
Current Weight Loss: 20 lbs
First goal: 370lbs (Reached!)
Second Goal: 350 lbs

[quote name='jousley']Start Date: Jan 2, 2012
Starting weight: 390 lbs
Height: 6'5"
Current Weight: 370 lbs
Current Weight Loss: 20 lbs
First goal: 370lbs (Reached!)
Second Goal: 350 lbs[/QUOTE]

Holy crap dude - 20lbs. in less than 4 weeks! Nice job. Keep it going! Great idea with the interim goals - reaching one every few weeks will definitely keep you motivated.

Sunday: 5 chocolate chip cookies (homemade). 2 scoops of ice cream. Fuuuuuucckkkkkk. So worth it though. First "cheat" since New Year's. I do feel sick right now - I took a nasty dump and I was sluggish during my Insanity workout this morning. I'm also tired for some reason even though I got 6.5 hours last night. Lesson learned.... sort of.

[quote name='Javery']Sunday: 5 chocolate chip cookies (homemade). 2 scoops of ice cream. Fuuuuuucckkkkkk. So worth it though. First "cheat" since New Year's. I do feel sick right now - I took a nasty dump and I was sluggish during my Insanity workout this morning. I'm also tired for some reason even though I got 6.5 hours last night. Lesson learned.... sort of.[/QUOTE]

I'm dreading the weigh-in tomorrow as I had my first Coke Zero in 4 weeks...more like 3 of them, to go with my 3 slices of Pizza. I did starve myself yesterday, so I could justify it by telling myself it was over 2 days.

Worst part about it is I was going to make up for it on the treadmill today, but I forgot my iPod...so hard to run without music. Guess I deserve it.

Dude - one "slip" every 4 weeks is totally tolerable. Hell, even once a week isn't that bad. One summer I was trying to get jacked so I was really watching everything and taking supplements, etc. but every single Tuesday I'd eat an ENTIRE thin crust pizza for dinner. The whole thing. By myself. It had little to no effect on my overall diet and it was something I really looked forward to. As long as you get back to your routine you shouldn't see any long-term negative effects from one bad afternoon.

I was at the beach yesterday with the kids and my parents and we went on some crazy walk (like 90 minutes) and I ended up carrying my son for the last 1/2 hour. This is after my 5 mile interval run in the morning and eating a protein shake + egg whites for breakfast. After the walk I was so tired that when we stopped for ice cream for the kids I just said F it and got some for myself. I was feeling pretty bad about it after so I decided to skip dinner but of course I couldn't not eat anything so instead I snacked on the chocolate chip cookies my mom made. Dammit.

Had some great food today.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Whey in coffee on the way to work.

Tuna, almonds and blueberries for lunch

Salami and cheese for a snack.

Tonight, pork and peppers for dinner with some whey after hitting the gym.

[quote name='seanr1221']Had some great food today.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Whey in coffee on the way to work.

Tuna, almonds and blueberries for lunch

Salami and cheese for a snack.

Tonight, pork and peppers for dinner with some whey after hitting the gym.[/QUOTE]

Wow - solid day. I'm back on track... sort of. I had a ham, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast (lean ham, egg whites and wheat toast), a whey protein drink for mid-morning snack, ham on toasted rye for lunch with small bag of Baked Lays and I have no idea what's coming up for dinner. I also got to the gym by 5:30 a.m. and did 40 minutes on the elliptical AFTER an insanity workout and then 15 minutes of ab exercises. I am pretty tired right now...

[quote name='Javery']Wow - solid day. I'm back on track... sort of. I had a ham, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast (lean ham, egg whites and wheat toast), a whey protein drink for mid-morning snack, ham on toasted rye for lunch with small bag of Baked Lays and I have no idea what's coming up for dinner. I also got to the gym by 5:30 a.m. and did 40 minutes on the elliptical AFTER an insanity workout and then 15 minutes of ab exercises. I am pretty tired right now...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've really been killin it low carb. Today I'll take in around 25 grams total (15 from the blueberries, 6 from the almonds, 4 total from the protein).

Feel perfectly fine. Great actually.

Gonna start week 4 of the 5x5 soon.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah I've really been killin it low carb. Today I'll take in around 25 grams total (15 from the blueberries, 6 from the almonds, 4 total from the protein).

Feel perfectly fine. Great actually.

Gonna start week 4 of the 5x5 soon.[/QUOTE]

How is your energy level? I always get headaches if I don't eat carbs. Pretzels or something will make it go away almost instantaneously. I can't seem to go without though.

[quote name='Javery']How is your energy level? I always get headaches if I don't eat carbs. Pretzels or something will make it go away almost instantaneously. I can't seem to go without though.[/QUOTE]

Energy is awesome, even on days I work 12 hours.

I think it takes you like a week or so to go that low in carbs and feel fine.

It sounds like you're still under 100g if today is any indication, although I don't know what you had for dinner. I try to stay under 50g.

[quote name='dohdough']How the heck can you be eating 2500 cals a day at your size? Unless you have an extremely physical job And working out hard for at least 4 hours a day that includes cardio, I find that highly unlikely. High metabolism or not, you can't break the laws of physics.[/quote]

It's not unreasonable. I have thin friends his height who eat a ton and still remain thin.

But yeah, it depends on his effort. I'm 5'10", 185-pounds, and consume around that amount of calories per day. I spend 4-6 hours in my gym per day, tho.

Different strokes for different folks and all. :)

Looking at gyms to learn the basics.

I'm thinking Throwdown Training Center—as I've been there and the people are nice, and the facility is quite nice. Plus, MiddleEasy.com posted a video of Ronda Rousey and Nick Diaz doing some training there. I would have been there just watching them if I had known. I think Gilbert Yvel teaches kickboxing there, too. Would be neat to learn from him.

But then again, I like Wand Fight Team's schedule more. I'll have to consult some people.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 230.2 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 226.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -3.4 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -23.8 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 26.8 lbs to go

Almost half way to my goal! I didn't get to play Basketball this week due to meetings at work, so I subbed in gym time on those days. It seems to have paid off. I also added a Friday 5K run that I'll keep in the rotation, so the schedule looks like this:

Monday: 35 Minutes Treadmill
Tuesday: 1 Hour Basketball
Wednesday: 35 Minutes on the Eliptical + Stomach Crunches
Thursday: 1 Hour Basketball
Friday: 5K Run on Treadmill

Rest on the weekends.

Diet is pretty consistent(i.e. Boring) too:

Breakfast: Chobani Greek Yogurt or 3/4 cup Kashi Honey Almond Flax with 1/2 cup Skim Milk
Lunch: Weight Watcher Meal - Usually Turkey w/ Mashed Potatoes or Chicken Fetuccini
Dinner: 6 slices of Fat free Deli Turkey, 1 slice of Fat free cheese, 100 Calorie Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin.

For a snack, it's usually Popcorn or Special K Snack Chips. Water all day.

Feeling good!!!

Working a 12 hour day so I planned all my meals out.

Breakfast (of course) eggs and bacon

Whey in my coffee as usual.

Lunch I just ate half a rotisserie chicken and some spinach

Dinner I packed tuna, cucumbers, almonds and a string cheese.

Should be good for the day Id imagine.

I started P90X back up, and began a new diet to start shedding some Holiday weight.

I'm still looking for a balance between work, school, and working out. First night felt amazing...afterwards lol. The first 2 weeks of P90X are absolutely brutal, but I'm more determined than ever to lose weight.

Below is a list of my meals for today. If anyone can recommend some changes to my diet, I'm completely open. I'd really appreciate the help!

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 cup of canned pineapple, 8oz glass of OJ.

Lunch: 2 slices of 45 calorie, whole wheat bread, 3 slices of lean turkey meat, 1 tbsp of yellow mustard, 1 90 calorie Chewy bar, 1 pack of 100 calorie brownie bites, 1 serving of cranberry Fruit Thins, bottle of water.

Dinner: 1 chicken thigh (baked) and 1 cup of steamed brocoli. Bottle of water.

Snacks: 1 serving of Blue Diamond Almonds (Smokehouse flavor...I know these aren't great, but I can't stand the blandness of regular/raw almonds. If anyone can help me flavor up raw almonds, I would really appreciate it!), 1 apple with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese.

Thanks everyone!

Ordered some Animal Pak. First time. I'll post how I feel when it gets here.

Been at a solid 165 pounds for a couple weeks now. I'm good with that. Still pushing to clean up the last couple pounds of fat.

I've actually been training for American Ninja Warrior for months now. Submitting my video for the upcoming season, and hope to do well there. My upper-body strength has improved dramatically in the last few months.

I love almonds...but I tried pistachios for the first time this week...WOW! So tasty!

Am I the only one trying to bulk here? Here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast - Two cups Oatmeal Crisp (with almonds) cereal, one tbsp whole flax seeds, 12 ounces of skim milk, 6 ounce cup of yogurt, and 8 ounces of OJ.

Lunch - One chicken sandwich and one PB&J sandwich (both on whole wheat), half serving of pretzels, and one box of raisins.

Midday snack - One Balance bar and a Kashi granola bar.

Dinner - One package Knorr pasta side (usually creamy chicken) with 5 ounces of diced chicken, and one tbsp of olive oil. For dessert, yogurt and a granola bar.

That works out to roughly 3100 calories daily, with a bit more on days I work out.

[quote name='seanr1221']Whats your workout plan look like?[/QUOTE]
I'll likely receive much criticism since I don't use any of the "traditional" plans, but it's worked for me so far.

My workout is all done with dumbbells or an EZ bar. Every exercise is two sets unless otherwise noted.

-straight-leg deadlifts
-self-assisted hamstring raises (one set)
-split squats (two sets for each leg)
-standing calf raises (one leg at a time)
-deadlifts (more like a squat since I have to get my hips so low, but I'm lifting the weight from the floor each rep)
-shrugs (one set immediately after deadlifts)
-one arm dumbbell rows
-flat bench press
-weighted pull-ups
-weighted chest dips
-elevated push-ups (feet on bench, one set to failure)
-upright rows w/ EZ bar
-scull-crushers w/ EZ bar
-curls w/ EZ bar
-two or three ab exercise mixed in among the above lifts, plus a warmup beforehand and some light cardio afterwards

That's my routine, two days a week. I work on a four week cycle. Week one I do sets of eight reps. Week two I push for nine reps. Weeks three and four, ten reps. I then add weight (five pounds for most of my lifts) and start the cycle over again. Progress has been slow, naturally, but steady.

The weights I'm pushing aren't very impressive (especially for the legs) but my physique is definitely improving. One of these days, when I can afford it, I'll get a gym membership so I'll have access to barbells.

I was going to make a suggestion until I realized you do this all at home. Once you can get to a gym, hit the barbells hard with compound exercises. :)

Goddamn the Insanity program is next to impossible. I feel like I'm only doing 1/2 of what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't lift my legs as high as I should be and I certainly can't do the suicides as fast as they do them in the video. It is a struggle but I do feel like I'm getting a good workout.

[quote name='seanr1221']I was going to make a suggestion until I realized you do this all at home. Once you can get to a gym, hit the barbells hard with compound exercises. :)[/QUOTE]
Yup, eventually. I prefer working out at home, but there's no way I can fit a barbell set in my small apartment. I'd also like to lift more than just two days a week, but my work schedule is very erratic.

So the second day of P90X kicked my butthole. It didn't help that I had to begin pretty late at night, but I still did as much as I could do, so I'm happy. I haven't strayed from the diet at all. I find myself hungrier at the end of the day, so I eat an apple with lemon juice, and a banana. That usually satisfies the cravings. Otherwise, I'm just gonna keep up with it!

bread's done
Back