CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

I'm 5'10 and in July 2011 I was about 172 pounds. My original goal was to get down to 160 and start gaining more muscle mass but I'm down to 158 and still have a huge fucking belly. What am I supposed to do? I don't exactly want to get down to 150 or anything but I'm trying to get a flat stomach and work from there.

158 might sound low for my height but I'm definitely not a twig, I guess I just have thin bones. I bench 195 and curl 45 lb dumbbells so strength isn't an issue. But I just don't want to lose TOO much. My family says that my face is looking a little thin but I want to lose a bit more to get rid of the stomach. I had thought 160 would have gotten rid of it but apparently not.

Should I just keep losing more? And if anyone is wondering if I should try and gain muscle while losing weight, that is what I've been doing for the past few months. My bench went from 95 to 195 while my weight went down from 172 to 158.

[quote name='Kendro']I'm 5'10 and in July 2011 I was about 172 pounds. My original goal was to get down to 160 and start gaining more muscle mass but I'm down to 158 and still have a huge fucking belly. What am I supposed to do? I don't exactly want to get down to 150 or anything but I'm trying to get a flat stomach and work from there.

158 might sound low for my height but I'm definitely not a twig, I guess I just have thin bones. I bench 195 and curl 45 lb dumbbells so strength isn't an issue. But I just don't want to lose TOO much. My family says that my face is looking a little thin but I want to lose a bit more to get rid of the stomach. I had thought 160 would have gotten rid of it but apparently not.

Should I just keep losing more? And if anyone is wondering if I should try and gain muscle while losing weight, that is what I've been doing for the past few months. My bench went from 95 to 195 while my weight went down from 172 to 158.[/QUOTE]
You need to regulate what you're eating. Cut out all soda, beer, juice, and eating more fruit to start with. Also, realize that you might just not be able to have a flat stomach because some people have gut that protrude even when lean. There can also be an age factor, but without knowing what you look like, it's hard to say for sure.

Does eating have anything to do with it though? I mean granted I am eating very healthy so the fact that I dropped 14 pounds already shows I'm definitely burning more calories than I am taking in. As for the gut that protrudes, it is more like love handles so it is actual fat that I need to get rid of.

[quote name='Kendro']Does eating have anything to do with it though? I mean granted I am eating very healthy so the fact that I dropped 14 pounds already shows I'm definitely burning more calories than I am taking in. As for the gut that protrudes, it is more like love handles so it is actual fat that I need to get rid of.[/QUOTE]
Eating has EVERYTHING to do with it and it really takes a very long time to sculpt a body unless you're able to do it as a fulltime job. Not only that, but it's not something that is easily maintained either.

I don't like using the calorie in/calorie out theory because it's a little too simplistic as it doesn't really say anything about the muscle to body fat ratio and focuses too much on weight. Unless you're doing some serious calorie cutting down to under 1200 a day, and you shouldn't, I would focus on other metrics.

Like I said though, without knowing what you look like, what you're eating, and what your goals are, it's hard to give you a better direction than eating a much more restricted diet. I wouldn't worry too much about weight because it's not a good number to go off of.

Ok I'm back on this...

After two weeks in Texas and eating pretty much anything I wanted including all you can eat pizza and taco buffets, I'm in bad shape. I gained 10 pounds! I can't believe I gained so much in only 2 weeks.

Height: 5'7

Starting Weight (May): 231.6
Last month's weight: 196.4 lbs
Current weight: 206.6
Goal weight: 36.6 pounds to go

Ok, its time to get into shape again. Here is my info

Start Date: Jan 2, 2012
Height: 6'5"
Current Weight: 390 lbs
First goal: 370lbs

Here's my story. Was in a car accident a year ago August. I have had back issues ever since. The beginning of last year, I had lost 30 pounds in 3 months by walking, taking the stairs at work and eating better. The back isses popped back up and have been an issues ever since in varying degrees.
I want to lose weight and get into shape again. I hate the way I feel . Being limited by my injuries have really helped to pack this weight on. A big goal of mine is to get down to 275 so I can go zip lining in Catlinburg, TN. Ultimately, Id like to get to 250 or less.
I want to add muscle to my arms and chest as well. The problem I have is I can not bench press because everytime I try, I get terrible back spasms. What are some good exercizes and weight lifting techniques can I do that won't cause stress to my lower back? If anyone can give me some tips, I'd be grateful.

I can't find the Fitness thread, so I assume this thread's the last active "Fitness" topic.

[quote name='Kendro']Does eating have anything to do with it though? I mean granted I am eating very healthy so the fact that I dropped 14 pounds already shows I'm definitely burning more calories than I am taking in. As for the gut that protrudes, it is more like love handles so it is actual fat that I need to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Eating is vital in changing your life/appearance. I went vegan to cleanse my body, though I'm vegetarian by nature, so the chance wasn't hard at all.

I dig this thread. Good luck to you all.

Let's see . . . This is how I start it, right?

Height: 5'10"
Current weight: 180
Goal: 190

My story begins about six months ago, but the real story begins nine years ago. In short, I was fat in high school (a fat 195), went on a ridiculously unhealthy diet for many years (a very unhealthy 155), and became healthy (170) a couple years ago.

So, I workout a lot and have put in around a grand or two into creating a pretty neat little home gym. I have two Thai heavy bags, a good Roman chair, a bunch of weights, etc. Over the last six months, I have put on a legit 10 pounds of lean muscle. My body fat is at 8-percent on a good day and 9-percent on a bad day. I'm trying to get down to a lean 5-percent so I can put on another 10-15 pounds of lean muscle. My goal is to be a lean 190 so I can put more time into skills training at either Throwdown Training Center or Wand Fight Team. I'm very, very timid about visiting those places, as I feel I'm no where near conditioned enough to even step foot in there. I was injured for the last two months. Prior, I went on weekends every so often.

Monday through Friday, I usually get in 4 to 6 hours on the grindstone. (I work during the day and also study for school, so I've pretty much sacrificed most of my social life to get in these workouts.) Right now, I do a solid two hours of cardio (usually a run with a 20-pound weighted vest; I did six months with a 40-pound vest but that's what messed up my back.). After that, I do two to four hours of everything else. This is a mix of various exercises and advice I've taken from various fighters. I usually finish it off with a 30-60 minute run, and that's Monday through Friday.

I'm sorry for the longwinded first post. Again, g'luck to you all and I hope you meet your goals. *bows*

I'm no expert and I almost feel stupid giving you advice since you're in much better shape than I am, but I'd tend to believe that between having to deal with a vegetarian/vegan diet, that much cardio, and you not allowing your body proper rest periods (4 days straight of 4-6 hours is over the top, you need a rest day in between)... Gaining muscle is going to be extremely difficult for you.

It is much easier to bulk and gain some fat that you can cut after your bulk period than it is to slowly add nothing but lean muscle.

You should try 4-6 weeks of eating like a horse (veggies, good carbs for energy, and at least 2-3 grams of protein per pound of body weight), 3 day split weightlifting routine on MWF with heavy weight and low reps (go slow, focus on your form), light cardio on TR, rest on the weekends, and make damn sure you sleep at least 8 to 9 hours a night. It can be more complicated, but that's the basics.

You can go back to your conditioning afterwards and clean up the little bit of fat you will gain.

I know that is probably the last idea you wanted to hear, but attempting to add 15 pounds of muscle while you're trying to keep up with a program like you are on is just not very smart. I don't even know if you could force feed yourself enough calories to actually get any noticeable muscle gains while doing all of that cardio and fight training.

Edit: Since you say you have a home gym, where are you getting your bodyfat percentages from? Hopefully from someone who knows what they are doing with the calipers and not from one of those scales that give bodyfat percentages that are totally bogus.

Also, what were you doing before you gained this 10 pounds of muscle in terms of diet and exercise, and what did you change to gain it.

Oh hey. :) I'm no expert either and as stupid as the next person. Hahaha...

Since I healed up, I have been inspired by the idea of doing things sans supplements. However, that idea went up in flames on my fourth day back. I went back to consuming this— I forgot the company name, but it's a "superfood" shake. (Container opening was too narrow so I dumped it in a wide-mouth storage container.) I've been through a lot of supplements, and this is one of the better nutrient shakes out there. I'll snap a photo the next time I buy it. But yeah, I eat a lot. I spread out about 6 small meals throughout the day. I also eat between my workouts. Supplements help because a lot of the time I burn myself out of food and rarely feel like eating.

As for splitting-up my workouts, there was a period where I did three hours at night then three hours in the morning before work. I found that schedule difficult 'cause timing sleep became a real pain. I have become better at not working on everything every day. I do work core and cardio every day, though, and alternate exercises so I'm not doing the same thing every day.

I have calipers and see my physician regularly. I primarily let my physician do his job—as it's nigh impossible to get the proper measurements on my own. :)

I put on the lean muscle by just being consistent. Knowing when to change things up. Sleeping well. Taking a few more supplements. Pretty much what I do now minus the extra supplements. My body retains a lot of muscle in the legs, back, and shoulders. While I was injured, I lost 8-10 pounds from my arms and legs. I put on and lose muscle pretty easily.

As for regular exercises that don't require extra equipment, squats and lunges work wonders.

If you don't mind getting extra equipment, a good medicine ball can be your best friend. There are a lot of exercises to be done. And those exercises provide a good, tiring workout. I think that stuff is evenly difficult to what I do on regular basis. Hahaha... I'm also a big fan of my Roman chair. :)

Down 3 pounds after being off the "Texas" diet!

Last week's weight: 206.6 lbs
Current weight: 203.6
Goal weight: 33.6 pounds to go

I've been unable to lift for nearly two weeks now. I have medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow) on my left arm due to overuse (and bad bowling form, I presume). It's very close to 100% again, and, I'm getting very excited to finally get back in the home gym and get going again.

Purchased some more equipment from Ironmaster that's set to arrive tomorrow. Got a chin-up bar for my bench, new barbell, and new leg extension/curl attachments. Very excited!

Actually, I've lost a couple pounds in these two weeks because I've only been able to focus on cardio (that didn't require me to use that arm).

I've been back at it for 2 weeks after taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Man, one week off does a lot of damage. My weigh-in is Friday but I can already tell I put on a pound or three since December 23 (the last time I weighed in). Ugh.

I'm planning to start that Insanity program soon - hopefully by the end of the month. I want to get down to 180 and then start and I think I'm a few pounds away right now. I'll know more on Friday.

[quote name='jousley']Ok, its time to get into shape again. Here is my info

Start Date: Jan 2, 2012
Height: 6'5"
Current Weight: 390 lbs
First goal: 370lbs

Here's my story. Was in a car accident a year ago August. I have had back issues ever since. The beginning of last year, I had lost 30 pounds in 3 months by walking, taking the stairs at work and eating better. The back isses popped back up and have been an issues ever since in varying degrees.
I want to lose weight and get into shape again. I hate the way I feel . Being limited by my injuries have really helped to pack this weight on. A big goal of mine is to get down to 275 so I can go zip lining in Catlinburg, TN. Ultimately, Id like to get to 250 or less.
I want to add muscle to my arms and chest as well. The problem I have is I can not bench press because everytime I try, I get terrible back spasms. What are some good exercizes and weight lifting techniques can I do that won't cause stress to my lower back? If anyone can give me some tips, I'd be grateful.[/QUOTE]
In your current condition, I'd stick with the absolute basics of just being more active, drink water only, and lighten up on the weights. 100lbs is certainly doable, but isn't something that should be rushed and is a long process.

Personally, I'm not a fan of bench presses, but seated and inclined dumbell flys, raises, and overhead presses are a good start. If you really want to bench, start with the bar first and add weight as your body adjusts to it.

Good luck!

And it's good to see updates from everybody!

I think I'm going to enter the CAG Ring:

Height: 6'0"
Starting Weight (Jan 1, 2012): 250.2
This week's Weigh-In (Tuesday): 235.6 lbs
Goal weight: 200lbs - 35.6 pounds to go

My story is in the past 7 years I have Yo-Yo'd between 265 at my heaviest and 171 two years ago. I have a thick build, broad shoulders and even when I was an underweight little kid, a belly. I've come to the realization that I will never have 6 pack abs, and I am OK with that. I'm built for comfort. I don't lift weights, however I do run and I play a lot of basketball. Food is my biggest battle, growing up Italian has that effect. I love food. Period.

While, I dont have a problem(or at least I didn't in the past) losing the weight (the last time I did this over three years ago, I lost 70lbs in 7 months), it's keeping it off/staying motivated to keep going to the gym.

My plan is simple...I'm using my old Weight Watchers Point System books that I purchased off of eBay. For those who wonder if it really works, yes it does. But you have to like measuring every thing out that is not pre-packaged (not so bad if you like cooking, like I do) every day, three times a day. And will power, because there are nights you do go to bed and you wish you had at least 30 more points to spend.

As for exercise, I am also keeping it simple...35 minutes on the treadmill on Monday and Wednesday and 4 on 4 Full Court Basketball on Tuesday and Thursday. For my treadmill work, I started last week at 2.75 miles doing intervals and my goal is to only go forward, meaning I cannot run less miles than I did the time before. It keeps it fun, and right now I am up to 3.05 miles, so I'll have to beat that when go today. Eventually, if I get bored I will do a stepper or eliptical to change it up. I also bought Kinect Zumba, but honestly that was more so I could watch my wife do it, but I will give it a shot.

Quick question about heart rate and fat burning...I have a normal rested heart rate. I've noticed while on the treadmill, especially after sprints, that my heart rate peaks at about 192 BPM, then goes back to around 150-160 before its time for my next interval to kick in. Is it better to have a high rate like that for fat burning, or is that more for marathon training (which I have no plans of doing)? What is the BPM 'zone' for fat burning?

Thnaks in advance!

Height: 5' 11"
Starting weight: 289
Current weight: 263
Goal: 200

Been working out for almost 2 weeks, eating right, dropped all soda products. I feel great!! Great thread and let's keep each other motivated:applause:

[quote name='seanr1221']Why do you not like benching?[/QUOTE]
I feel like I get a better workout with dumbells rather than a bar and I don't like being on my back for exercises because it messes with my sense of balance. Being flat makes me feel like I'm on a decline and sit-ups hurt my tailbone.

It's a good exercise that works; just not for me.

[quote name='dohdough']I don't like being on my back for exercises because it messes with my sense of balance. [/QUOTE]

But cowgirl is awesome!

Height: 6' 0"
Start date January 3rd
Starting Weight: 299
Current Weight: 286
Goal: 220

I have been heavy most of my life except in high school, where I lost about 65 pounds down to 160 while I was 16-18. after that it has been a steady rise up gaining about 140 in 9/10 years. My wife has been begging me to lose weight for the past 3 years, and even when we were dating I told her I would lose weight for the wedding. Well Needless to say I broke that promise, but something inside me clicked and told my wife I would start a Diet and Excercise routine starting the new year. Needless to say 8 days later i am down about 12-14 pounds. I am avoiding any and all kinds of starch for these first 2 weeks and eating lots of protein and veggies. I am not even tempted to cheat....yet. Hopefully that won't be an issue though. I just have to look at food as my drug, and i can't let it take a hold of me anymore. Needless to say I will enjoy taking a bite of a burger as a treat to myself after I get down to 220.

[quote name='iamsobroke']Age: 27
Start date January 3rd
Starting Weight: 299
Current Weight: 286
Goal: 220

I have been heavy most of my life except in high school, where I lost about 65 pounds down to 160 while I was 16-18. after that it has been a steady rise up gaining about 140 in 9/10 years. My wife has been begging me to lose weight for the past 3 years, and even when we were dating I told her I would lose weight for the wedding. Well Needless to say I broke that promise, but something inside me clicked and told my wife I would start a Diet and Excercise routine starting the new year. Needless to say 8 days later i am down about 12-14 pounds. I am avoiding any and all kinds of starch for these first 2 weeks and eating lots of protein and veggies. I am not even tempted to cheat....yet. Hopefully that won't be an issue though. I just have to look at food as my drug, and i can't let it take a hold of me anymore. Needless to say I will enjoy taking a bite of a burger as a treat to myself after I get down to 220.[/QUOTE]

You have to give yourself at least one cheat meal a week. I generally do 2. Otherwise you might break down and go on a binge. We're only human.

Out of 21 meals a week, 1 cheat meal is less than 5% which won't impact your diet but keeps you sane.

Yeah my fiancé and I always make our cheat meals Friday and Saturday night. I could never give up pizza or general tso's chicken cold turkey.

Mmmm, turkey.

[quote name='Kendro']You have to give yourself at least one cheat meal a week. I generally do 2. Otherwise you might break down and go on a binge. We're only human.

Out of 21 meals a week, 1 cheat meal is less than 5% which won't impact your diet but keeps you sane.[/QUOTE]

It's even better odds if you eat 5 small meals per day!

Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. I'm not feeling so good about it. Man, that one week off is killing me!

Love my new equipment. Definitely a great purchase.

Had a great workout tonight. Still hovering around 165 pounds. The weight doesn't actually matter to me; I'm going for strength/power increases.

Back at it...did 20 minutes of intervals on the recumbent bike 3 out of the last 4 (and did 10 on the 4th..just wasn't feeling well) Lost 20 pounds doing that at the end of last year along with eating better, hoping I can keep it up.

[quote name='Kendro']You have to give yourself at least one cheat meal a week. I generally do 2. Otherwise you might break down and go on a binge. We're only human.

Out of 21 meals a week, 1 cheat meal is less than 5% which won't impact your diet but keeps you sane.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I don't do "cheat days" and haven't in a while. After a while, I just didn't care.

I'm vegan, avoid sugar, and high amounts of salt. I eat clean. While recovering from a back injury, I found that gluten-free pasta is pretty guilt-free. Whereas I had to avoid pasta with gluten protein 'cause— Well, 'cause it's pasta. Great way to put on fat.

Just my two-cents, though. Do what works for you. :)

Hi guys,

I'm planing to lose weight using INSANITY 60 day workout program.

I have rotator cuff injuries on my left shoulder. I'm about 4.5 months away from recovery. Lot of workout program requires upper shoulder. I can't do jumping jack or weight lifting anymore. Please help me to get back to shape.

Thanks! :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hi guys,

I'm planing to lose weight using INSANITY 60 day workout program.

I have rotator cuff injuries on my left shoulder. I'm about 4.5 months away from recovery. Lot of workout program requires upper shoulder. I can't do jumping jack or weight lifting anymore. Please help me to get back to shape.

Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]

If you can't do jumping jacks, I can't imagine the insanity workouts will be a pleasurable experience for you. Might want to check out one of the routines online first if you haven't got the program yet.

Current Weight: 181.6 lbs.
Goal: 175 lbs.

Today was my weigh-in... not too bad. Only 0.8 lbs. up from my low at the end of last year (mid-December) and about even from right before my week long binge between Christmas and New Year's. I've also been lifting weights for about 20 minutes of high rep/low weight in between my 2 runs in the morning so that could account for some weight too.

I think I can lose the last 7 lbs. by the end of March if I'm diligent with things and I can figure out how I'm going to do the Insanity workout time-wise. I need to commit to that 6 days a week and I only have 4 days a week to work out. I can't do it at home either because there is not enough room in my house and jumping around will certainly wake everyone up anyway.

Update time.

Height: 6'4"
Current Weight: 192.8 lbs.
New Goal Weight: 180 lbs.

Since the start of the CAG Lose It thread four months ago, I've lost 31 pounds. Since the beginning of my own personal weight loss campaign that started a year and a half ago, I have lost 80.2 pounds (started at 273 pounds).

I don't hardly believe it when I tell people who ask... I've lost eighty pounds. :shock:

When this thread started I had been stuck for a couple months not losing weight and the biggest difference for me has been the calorie counting. Before I relied primarily on exercise and did what I now refer to as "eating with good intentions". Basically I ate stuff that wasn't that bad for me, but I ate entirely too much. Egg whites, turkey burgers, salads, and chicken are great and all but if you're still eating 3,000+ calories a day, it doesn't help but so much.

My new short term goal is to get down to about 180. Overall, I'd say my body type is already skinny, but I just have this slight bulge on my stomach that wraps around to the sides. It's not even a small gut, it's just barely enough padding to hide my lower abs. Once I get rid of that, I'll be ready to start packing on lean mass. Ultimate goal is to be a solid 200. Maybe I can reach that by the end of the year.

[quote name='blindinglights']If you can't do jumping jacks, I can't imagine the insanity workouts will be a pleasurable experience for you. Might want to check out one of the routines online first if you haven't got the program yet.[/QUOTE]

I will second this opinion because of your rotator cuff recovery.

I recommend running/jogging. It's probably the only exercise where you don't have to change it up to keep your body burning fat.

Finished up the first week of the 5x5 and Im going to start week 2 tonight.

I can definitely feel it after my workouts, and with so little weight to start, my form is excellent.

I'm also making sure I eat a lot more protein. I've been getting 180g a day, and drinking around 100 ounces of water a day. Because of this, I think I'm retaining a lot of water and have actually gained weight.

What is 5x5?

I was debating drinking protein shakes during the day... I don't know. I also drink a TON of water (about a gallon a day) but I don't think it affects my weight. I just pee a lot.

It involves 5 exercises. Squats, bench, overhead press, bent over row and dead lifts.

Workout A is squats, bench and rows. Workout B is squats, overhead press and dead lifts.

One week you do A B A, next B A B.

You start off with little weight (there's a calculator to tell you how much). Like last week I squatted 85 pounds. You add 5 pounds each week, so in 12 weeks your back up to what you were regularly doing.

The idea is these 5 exercises are the best strength building ones you can do. By slowly building up over time, you work on your form a lot.

I have a PDF I can post later if you are interested.

Dropping it like it's hot!

Last week's weight: 203.6 lbs
Current weight: 200.2
Goal weight: 30.2 pounds to go

Keeping track of what I eat definitely helps for me. I wish I had time to exercise since I'd probably drop it faster, but with the baby and studying for my PE exam in April, I'm going to have to resort to just counting calories.

[quote name='seanr1221']It involves 5 exercises. Squats, bench, overhead press, bent over row and dead lifts.

Workout A is squats, bench and rows. Workout B is squats, overhead press and dead lifts.

One week you do A B A, next B A B.

You start off with little weight (there's a calculator to tell you how much). Like last week I squatted 85 pounds. You add 5 pounds each week, so in 12 weeks your back up to what you were regularly doing.

The idea is these 5 exercises are the best strength building ones you can do. By slowly building up over time, you work on your form a lot.

I have a PDF I can post later if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that might be good for me since I can't get to the gym every single day.

[quote name='encendido5']
Keeping track of what I eat definitely helps for me. I wish I had time to exercise since I'd probably drop it faster, but with the baby and studying for my PE exam in April, I'm going to have to resort to just counting calories.[/QUOTE]

Awesome man! Keep it up - it's even more impressive that you are doing this through diet alone. When you get the time to exercise you are really going to see a jump in progress!

I'm going back on a diet and exercise program since I've been slacking on it for months. I have, and tried out, the P90x system, but I need to be in better shape to complete it. I ended up buying the Rip: 60 package this morning during Amazon's lightning deal with some credit I had burning in my pocket. Irony is that I had the credit from old games I had traded in a little while ago. Games for exercise/fitness basically, so not bad!

Weight: 180lbs
Height: 5' 9''
Goal weight: 150lbs-155lbs

I just started grad school so going to the gym will be much harder during the week. I've set aside an hour a day for training, which the Rip: 60 reviews stated was the program's length per day. I work full time (40 hours), and need to spend at least 20 hours a week on school, so time is limited to say the least. I'm hoping that posting here will give me some extra motivation during the more difficult days/weeks. Wish me luck!

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm also making sure I eat a lot more protein. I've been getting 180g a day, and drinking around 100 ounces of water a day. Because of this, I think I'm retaining a lot of water and have actually gained weight.[/QUOTE]

What type of protein do you have in a typical day? I need to up my protein intake but realistically don't go over 100 grams and that includes a scoop of whey. Do you have multiple scoops?

Breakfast - 2 whole eggs and 2 extra egg whites is roughly 20 grams.

Lunch - Tuna in a can is roughly 20 grams.

Dinner - Grilled chicken is about 30 grams and a glass of milk is around 10 grams.

Whey - Another 20 grams.

Breakfast 52g
- 2 eggs one egg white 18g
- 3 pieces of bacon 7g
- whey 27g

Lunch 51g
- 2 hardboiled eggs 12g
- can of tuna 33g
- carrots/hummus 6g

Snack 6g
- almonds

Dinner 30-40g
- chicken and veggies

Snack 27-35g
-whey
- almonds

Hope that helps.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0

Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 235.6 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 232.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -17.8 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 32.8 lbs to go

I've hit that point now where I've slowed down dropping pounds, and have started losing inches. Dropped to a snug 36" waist and my face looks slimmer (according to Mrs. Number83).

Diet is going well, I'm keeping within my alloted points and actually taking in a few points less. I added Lemon Greek Yogurt into the mix, as I hear that dairy is a great way to help burn fat. Surprisingly, it's really good.

I'm up to 3.15 miles @ 35 mins on the treadmill. Disappointed that I rolled my ankle playing hoops on Thursday, so I took the 3 day weekend off, and allowed myself a cheat day for my wifes birthday. Today it's back to hoops and I'll add a run day on Friday for taking off yesterday.

[quote name='seanr1221']Breakfast 52g
- 2 eggs one egg white 18g
- 3 pieces of bacon 7g
- whey 27g

Lunch 51g
- 2 hardboiled eggs 12g
- can of tuna 33g
- carrots/hummus 6g

Snack 6g
- almonds

Dinner 30-40g
- chicken and veggies

Snack 27-35g
-whey
- almonds

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I cannot eat like that.

Breakfast:2 egg whites, slice of ham, grapes
Snack: Fruit (orange or apple or grapes)
Lunch: ham sandwich on roll with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard, baked lays
Snack: Fruit (orange or apple or grapes)
Dinner: whatever is in the house (1 helping); usually chicken something and some salad

This has been working great and although I could get a little crazier I don't feel like it is a long-term solution for me. I might start drinking a protein shake or two during the day but that's about it.

[quote name='Kendro']What type of protein do you have in a typical day? I need to up my protein intake but realistically don't go over 100 grams and that includes a scoop of whey. Do you have multiple scoops?

Breakfast - 2 whole eggs and 2 extra egg whites is roughly 20 grams.

Lunch - Tuna in a can is roughly 20 grams.

Dinner - Grilled chicken is about 30 grams and a glass of milk is around 10 grams.

Whey - Another 20 grams.[/QUOTE]

You need to eat more.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast
4 egg whites - 23.7g
0.5c outmeal - 5.3g

Mid Morning
4.25 oz. sirloin (leftovers, this would normally be canned tuna) - 31.7g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

Lunch
4.5 oz. grilled chicken breast - 24.8g
3 slices of hard salami - 7g
2.5 oz. bruschetta - 0.6g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

Afternoon
2 scoops - 52g
2c skim milk - 16.5g

Dinner
6 oz grilled chicken - 33g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

protein: 199.7g
carbs: 72.6g
fat: 40.5g

calories: 1,443

[quote name='blindinglights']You need to eat more.[/QUOTE]

Oh I definitely do. I was just listing the protein components and didn't include the carbs, veggies, and fruits I consume daily.

Ok about a year ago i was 6'3 257. Mostly gained it from healing from a back surgery.prior i was an athelete in college (im 33 now)…i want to get to 190-200. Any how now im 186 ugh to much at my height,i ive loast the weight witch is good but now i gotta figur rhia outu

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Ok about a year ago i was 6'3 257. Mostly gained it from healing from a back surgery.prior i was an athelete in college (im 33 now)…i want to get to 190-200. Any how now im 186 ugh to much at my height,i ive loast the weight witch is good but now i gotta figur rhia outu[/QUOTE]

Did you just pass out while typing this?

How did you lose 70lbs.? That is a ton of weight - you must be skinny as hell at 3" taller than me but only 5lbs. heavier. Just eat more protein and start a weight-lifting routine and you should pack on the pounds.

bread's done
Back