CAG Madden 09 League - LEAGUE CLOSED...I'M DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, nice. Lots of activity while I was out today. Scrub0bk, you're in as the Steelers. Shinryuu, I've switched you to the Raiders to help balance things out a little better. Also, IvanHood, you're in as the Titans...again to help balance things out. I'm waiting on a response from jlarlee, but assuming he gets in as the Pats, that will put us at 8 AFC/8 NFC. We can cut sign ups off there, or give it another day and go for 9/9, based on the following two scheduling options.

If we have 8 in each conference, I'll do two divisions of 4, and have each team play the other teams in their division twice (6 games), the rest of the teams in the conference once (4 games), and then teams in their counterpart division in the other conference once (4 games). This would give us a 14 game schedule (with no byes). Playoffs would be comprised of the two division winners and two wildcards from each conference.

If we go 9/9, I'll probably use the old school 3 division per conference format (East/Central/West)...which our NFC is almost set up for already. You'd still play each team in your division twice (4 games), the rest of the teams in the conference once (6 games) and all teams from 2 of the 3 divisions in the other conference (6 games). This would give us a 16 game season. The playoffs would then consist of the 3 division winners and one wildcard from each conference.

That's at least where my thinking is at this point. Let me know what you guys think.

Damn, I like both of them.
I think 8/8 is best.
If you have time now, maybe you could imagine that jlarlee is in, and draft up some sort of schedule that we can start on?

On further thought, I tried setting this up before the game came out and I think I'd like to try again at getting a small league going using All-Madden settings/6 minute quarters. I think I'd like to get in here too though now that I see League 2 is closed.

Oh, if Matt wants to get in, then you should make it 9/9.
I don't think either of them are paying very close attention the the mission statement.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I like the 8/8 scheduling option #1[/quote]
I do too, but now we have 18 players. The 2 that just joined have played a bunch of games in my league.
While maybe we should increase Quarter length, I think we should leave it on All-Pro difficulty.
I have a feeling some people will have to get moved around just because not many people are picking AFC teams.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh, if Matt wants to get in, then you should make it 9/9.
I don't think either of them are paying very close attention the the mission statement.[/quote]

Yeah, people, this is not a request, it's a REQUIREMENT. IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THIS LEAGUE, YOU MOST READ THE MISSION STATEMENT IN THE OP AND MAKE SURE I KNOW THAT YOU'VE READ IT.

I'm going to put 100% effort into this league, and the last thing I need are members that are going to half ass it. Skimming is not reading. You're missing something.

Ultimate Matt X - Didn't know you'd even be interested in this league, but you're going to have to apply just the same as everybody else. I'll probably be leaving the settings as is too. Too much room for mistakes (and therefore continuity problems) if we go forcing people to alter the settings. Please read the OP, and select your team if you really want to play.

All right, we're just about ready to start. I wanted to take today to give people a final chance to sign up, but after some thinking, I've decided to make an executive decision and go with 8 teams in each conference. Therefore, jlarlee will be the final member to join, as the Patriots. I apologize to anybody else looking for a spot, but I really feel like 16 teams is the most I want to have.

Having said that, I'm in the process of working on the schedule, and should have it up sometime tonight. Right now I"m watching EliteXC...with what SHOULD have been an amazing night, had Ken Shamrock been allowed to fight. I'll be finishing up the schedule as soon as this is over. Stay tuned!

Cool!
Since I'm going to sleep now, I just thought I'd throw out to whoever my Week 1 opponent is that I should be available from 10:30-1ish tomorrow Morning.
So if your online whenever the schedule comes up, PM me when you see I'm your opponent :)

good god...setting up this schedule to closely reflect the actual NFL schedule, but with fewer teams is like trying to crack the freaking da Vinci Code. It's almost 5:30 am...and I've been working on it for like 5 hours now. I'm exhausted, and starting to make myself go crosseyed. Sorry guys, but I'll have to finish tomorrow...er, later today. I'm on week 12 though...for reference.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']good god...setting up this schedule to closely reflect the actual NFL schedule, but with fewer teams is like trying to crack the freaking da Vinci Code. It's almost 5:30 am...and I've been working on it for like 5 hours now. I'm exhausted, and starting to make myself go crosseyed. Sorry guys, but I'll have to finish tomorrow...er, later today. I'm on week 12 though...for reference.[/QUOTE]

Don't kill yourself now. I can see it being nigh impossible to make a schedule that resembles the NFL schedule when we have half the number of teams.

The schedule is now up!!! It took me FOREVER to get this worked out, but I put the pieces together like one MASSIVE puzzle. In the end, I only had to move ONE real life game around to get everything to fit together. Each week there will be AT LEAST two games that reflect the real NFL schedule. Please read the OP for an explanation of how the schedule is structured, and how the games will work. Thanks, and let's get these games going guys! :D

AT and DanteMayCry.. I'm available pretty much anytime after 4:30 EST during the week. Just let me know about a day in advance what night works for you and we can roll. You can post in the thread or PM, I'll check both. Thanks and good luck to all.

P.S. To those in the MLB 08 league, I'm much worse at Madden so you can all get revenge here ;)

Well my 2 games are done. Good job to both people. I apparently have a completely horrid QB. Oh well. Change my luck on week 3. I can feel it.

[quote name='jp0213']Well my 2 games are done. Good job to both people. I apparently have a completely horrid QB. Oh well. Change my luck on week 3. I can feel it.[/QUOTE]

i feel you, that game we just played was ridiculous. both sides really couldnt get anything going on offense it seemed like it was a pick every other play

Did you guys PM your results to n8? Is that what we are supposed to do?
Hopefully I'll get my games done ASAP :)
n8, have you thought of making a SilverXBOX Live account called "MaddenCAGs" or something and then invite us all as friends. With the friends of friends thing it should be easy to find people if they are on XBL and not CAG.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Did you guys PM your results to n8? Is that what we are supposed to do?
Hopefully I'll get my games done ASAP :)[/QUOTE]

i did, i think thats what were supposed to do

[quote name='jp0213']Well my 2 games are done. Good job to both people. I apparently have a completely horrid QB. Oh well. Change my luck on week 3. I can feel it.[/QUOTE]

Our game easily could have gone either way. The battle of the turnovers! Good game, and good luck in Week 3.

[quote name='scrub0bk']i feel you, that game we just played was ridiculous. both sides really couldnt get anything going on offense it seemed like it was a pick every other play[/quote]

Oh definitely, the worst one though, had to be the one IN THE END ZONE! It went right through my receivers hands and into yours, great pass to the wrong guy lol. This is why I love Madden though. Even if I get infuriated by the way I play, I still want more.

jp0213 - Great job getting your games played man! And are you kidding me? Flacco? Horrid? The INT's are definitely something you have to get used to though. You almost have to alter your gameplan to avoid them. Chucking the ball downfield with reckless abandon just won't cut it in this game. Luckily, since you got your first two games played so fast, you've got a week to get some practice in with the Ravens, so you're ready for week 3. Good luck!

Azumangaman - Nice idea with the Silver Live account. I'll hook that up later tonight probably.

Matt Young - Weighted. The schedule is similar to how the NFL does it. You play each team in your division twice (6), the rest of the teams in the conference once (4), and then four teams from the other conference (4). My original plan was to have AFC East play NFC East and AFC West play NFC West, but it wouldn't work out with how the real life games fit in. So, I figured sacrificing exclusive division-division cross-conference play was less of a big deal than following the real NFL schedule. But overall, there are only 4 teams you do not play during the regular season.

The bitch of the process was getting 85% finished and then figuring out I'd matched up the wrong teams at the wrong times earlier on, and I was now stuck. I'd try to just flip teams around, but eventually got lost, haha. I think I had to start over 4 times. By the end, I was using pen & paper, Excel, weekly schedules, and team schedules to make sure I had everything straight, haha. But it worked out, and ultimately, I think it's pretty solid.Oh, and yeah, you guys can either PM me your results, or just post them on here. Please list both teams and the score when reporting results. Thanks!

Terrific game Ivan :)
Get ready, I'm starting BOOTY from now on (he had a 75-yard 22 second drive). He got the TD to make it 17-14 then I had a failed Onside Kick that ended the game.
Ivans a fun guy to play with as well :)
neworlbush and I should have our game in Tuesday :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']jp0213 - Great job getting your games played man! And are you kidding me? Flacco? Horrid? The INT's are definitely something you have to get used to though. You almost have to alter your gameplan to avoid them. Chucking the ball downfield with reckless abandon just won't cut it in this game. [/quote]

Most definitely, but a larger problem for me isn't chucking the ball downfield, it's trying to throw it into tight coverage. Most of my passes were for 8 yards maybe 11, but I would throw them into triple coverage. Really need to quit that. I'm going to try to play a game a day to get better with the Ravens. All depends upon how things go tomorrow at court, that'll determine my mood for the next couple of weeks.

Looks like me and Matt Young should have ours in tonight if all goes according to plan. That will be our Week 2 matchup.

So I think a surprising number of people are unaware of this, but you can setup a game and invite someone from your friends list without going into a lobby. From the main Madden menu, go XBOX Live>My Online>My Player Hub then hold the left trigger, go down to Address Book and viola, pick which friend you want to play against.

[quote name='BigAT']So I think a surprising number of people are unaware of this, but you can setup a game and invite someone from your friends list without going into a lobby. From the main Madden menu, go XBOX Live>My Online>My Player Hub then hold the left trigger, go down to Address Book and viola, pick which friend you want to play against.[/quote]

OH! Going along with this thought, I can't believe I forgot to mention it, but the HOME team should be sending the invite/challenge for the game. I hope you guys have been doing it this way thus far.

To keep everything fair and even, if you're scheduled as the away team, you need to let the other guy challenge you. I made sure each team had 7 home games and 7 away games on the schedule, so nobody's at a disadvantage. Sorry for forgetting that detail, but just getting the schedule to work drained me so much, I'm forgetting some of the basic stuff. :drool:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']OH! Going along with this thought, I can't believe I forgot to mention it, but the HOME team should be sending the invite/challenge for the game. I hope you guys have been doing it this way thus far.

To keep everything fair and even, if you're scheduled as the away team, you need to let the other guy challenge you. I made sure each team had 7 home games and 7 away games on the schedule, so nobody's at a disadvantage. Sorry for forgetting that detail, but just getting the schedule to work drained me so much, I'm forgetting some of the basic stuff. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Oops, I think I screwed up in my game with jp0213. I initiated the invite, so I was the home team. I don't mind replaying the game, if you want. It's up to you guys.

I'm cool with the game as is. Outcome would have been similar if not the same. Unless n8 requests a replay, I'm fine with it.

[quote name='jp0213']I'm cool with the game as is. Outcome would have been similar if not the same. Unless n8 requests a replay, I'm fine with it.[/quote]

Nah, as long as you're cool with it, it's fine. It's just one of those quirks in the game where whoever does the inviting gets to be the home team. But just keep it in mind for future reference.

Carolina 17 New England 10

Ended up being a nail biter for me. Got out to a 17-0 lead at halftime and then I couldnt move the ball in the 2nd half. Patriots got 10 points in the 3rd and "they" were driving down the field for the tie late in the 4th with about 2 min to go. I'm not sure but I think the Patriots were in the redzone and thats when the play of the game happened....Cassel rolls out and looks to be trying to get out of bounds, he gets hit , the ball comes out and lands inches from going out of bounds. Panthers recover the fumble and I am able to run out the clock. Very GG.

Stewart 14yd pass from Delhomme

Stewart 9yd pass from Delhomme

Kasey 30yd FG

Cassel 6yd run for TD

Gostkowski 26yd FG

Stats.

Delhomme 17/23 168yds 2TD 1 INT
Cassel 14/21 145yds 0TD 2 INT 1 rushing TD

Williams 19yds 10 carries
Maroney 23yds 7 carries

Smith 5/32
Muhammad 2/45

Moss 3/52
Watsom 3/36

Lucas and Harris 1 INT each
Vrabel 1INT

Kasey 1/1 FG
Gostkowski 1/2 FG

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wanderlai']Carolina 17 New England 10

Ended up being a nail biter for me. Got out to a 17-0 lead at halftime and then I couldnt move the ball in the 2nd half. Patriots got 10 points in the 3rd and "they" were driving down the field for the tie late in the 4th with about 2 min to go. I'm not sure but I think the Patriots were in the redzone and thats when the play of the game happened....Cassel rolls out and looks to be trying to get out of bounds, he gets hit , the ball comes out and lands inches from going out of bounds. Panthers recover the fumble and I am able to run out the clock. Very GG.

Stewart 14yd pass from Delhome

Stewart 9yd pass from Delhome

Kasey 30yd FG

Cassel 6yd run for TD

Gostkowski 26yd FG

Stats.

Delhome 17/23 168yds 2TD 1 INT
Cassel 14/21 145yds 0TD 2 INT 1 rushing TD

Williams 19yds 10 carries
Maroney 23yds 7 carries

Smith 5/32
Muhammad 2/45

Moss 3/52
Watsom 3/36

Lucas and Harris 1 INT each
Vrabel 1INT

Kasey 1/1 FG
Gostkowski 1/2 FG[/QUOTE]

Wow nice recap. Let me add to the play of the game that I was frantically jamming on my x button to throw it to the open receiver in the end zone

I was also having some button lag during our game for some reason. I was trying to call a time out and then I ended up calling back-to-back timeouts due to hammering on the button.

I GOT SMOKED 24-7!!! Just couldn't get anything together - just like the live Lions!!! Good Game BigAT!!! We will meet again...

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Looks like me and Matt Young should have ours in tonight if all goes according to plan. That will be our Week 2 matchup.[/QUOTE]

Fall asleep on me? ;)

No, I haven't been on Live all day. It says I have been online since I was/am signed on to Xbox.com.

Would you like to play at 3:05? I say 3:05 to give myself a few minutes leeway, but I can get on after Around the Horn/PTI. I love those shows.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I was also having some button lag during our game for some reason. I was trying to call a time out and then I ended up calling back-to-back timeouts due to hammering on the button.[/QUOTE]

probably on me I got a good connection but it is coming from korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back