CAG Maintenance/Upgrade - Now Live!

Any update(s) on the double/triple posting issue?  When you hit "post" in the quick reply box, it actually does post for you but doesn't show it posts (sometimes).  And, of course, that leads to people pushing it many times.

When you are logged out and go to the "content you follow" link, it says you aren't following anything instead of showing you a login prompt, which seems weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4th smiley does not work. :whistle2:&

It should look like someone about to puke, but it posts :whistle2:& this instead.

Is the wiki "working as intended?" There's very little formatting support or spoiler tag support, giving it very very limited utility. Basically, it can only be used for small amounts of info, which makes it pointless for multiple people to edit and maintain. And since it's only usable for small amounts of info before it becomes a complete wall of text, having it as the second post just makes it even less visible.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 36.0.1.

Clicking 'Load more topics' at the bottom of the Video Game Deals Forum does not load the 2nd page of threads now. A second click will load the 3rd page's threads without the 2nd's. Does not seem to be a problem in the few other forums I tested.

Seems like 'Load more topics' was fixed or reverted back to working normally for the 2nd page's threads, but now does not load the 3rd page's threads.

Is anyone going to add in the csv importing the site had before for adding games to your collection? ITAD produces a csv export of your PC games, and I'd use the collection feature a lot more if I add the 3100 games I have automatically.

It looks like the text box is losing the text wrap when you don't choose to use the tool bar on firefox.

And while I'm here, does anyone know how to preview the OP when putting the cursor over the thread title? I really miss that feature.

And while I'm here, does anyone know how to preview the OP when putting the cursor over the thread title? I really miss that feature.
When your cursor hovers over the thread title (really, anywhere in that thread's box), a down arrow appears just left of the reply and view counts. Click it for a preview of the first, last, and first unread posts.

I've had a random issue (and I think it was there before the upgrade) where if I use the 'Send message' link by hovering over someone's username (and using the subsequent pop up text box) that my PM's will get cutoff. It seems like it's the last line or two that is missing, but it happens only intermittently.

IS there a way to make "what's new" show ALL of the new posts?

There are threads with 190 posts and somehow I never saw it on whats new.

I don't know if it's been addressed, if it has sorry, but the profile status doesn't work anymore. I've tried to update it a few times since the upgrade has occurred and no dice.

Are anyone else's private messages not forwarding to your email?  None of mine have since Tuesday.  I checked my account settings and the correct boxes are still checked, so I'm not sure what the issue may be.

The searching is awesome now, John. Thanks!
Thanks for noticing! :) Search updates have been up for about a week, should be a lot more reliable now.

Working on bolstering the price tracker data feeds at the moment, let me know if there are any high priority retailers I should focus on.

Can we please get the 'Advanced Search' back?

I've done searches for keywords in 'this forum' that I KNOW have been posted in threads. The results either tell me nothing was found or do not give me the thread I am looking for. Seems like it only yields results for when searched words appear in thread titles.

Can we please get the 'Advanced Search' back?

I've done searches for keywords in 'this forum' that I KNOW have been posted in threads. The results either tell me nothing was found or do not give me the thread I am looking for. Seems like it only yields results for when searched words appear in thread titles.
A prime example is if you search all forums for "skystone" nothing will show. But if you go to the skylanders thread and search that topic the results will show.

After a bit of ingenuity, I finally fucking found it. Can we please get it so that when you click 'Advanced Search,' it will direct you to this page? And is it possible for it to direct you there with the press of 'Enter' (like it used to) or have it so 'Advanced Search' appears without having to type something? Thanks...

Using Chrome Developer Version 41.0.2272.118 m. If someone's replied to a topic while I'm typing and I click to view it, it doesn't load their post. Also, when I reply after this has happened, mine doesn't appear to post and the page doesn't refresh. I have to manually refresh it before I can see either post.

I wonder if this is related to privacy settings. Some users I never get notification if they quote me. Others always come up.
Oh wow funny thing is I got a notification when you quoted me. Yesterday i was quoted twice in the Amazon thread and none gave me a notification.

Oh wow funny thing is I got a notification when you quoted me. Yesterday i was quoted twice in the Amazon thread and none gave me a notification.
You can change whether you are/aren't notified for each thread you follow. Any chance the thread in question simply dropped it's notification flag on you?

Hm not sure. I'll see how notification go throughout the course of the day.
For other's clarification, if you go into your Followed Content and select Toggle Edit Options at the top/right of your list, in addition to the Change buttons next to each thread you'll see the notification status. Inside the Change dropdown you can select your notification preferences for each thread.

Is the issue where submitting a quick reply that doesn't always update the page to let you know that the post went through ever going to be fixed? It's incredibly annoying to see that it still happens.

[attachment=13906:Untitled.png]

So I keep getting this ad on the top and was wondering is it part of CAG or is it from my end? And If you can tell me how to get rid of it i'd really appreciate it...

My option for Notifications in Tapatalk has gone away (for this forum and not for other forums). Is this something you guys control?

Nope, sorry - we don't have any control over it.
Well WTF Tapatalk...

Is the issue where submitting a quick reply that doesn't always update the page to let you know that the post went through ever going to be fixed? It's incredibly annoying to see that it still happens.
Roughly what percentage of posts would you say have this problem when you submit the quick reply form?

I manage the iOS deals thread. We're having issues where the wiki edits show up in a separate post now. It displays as the original post followed by the same post duplicated but with wiki edits. Just started happening.

bread's done
Back