CAG March Madness Tournament

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']This Cincy/Kentucky game is pretty good. I'm rooting for Kentucky to win.[/quote]

I need cincy to pull it out, it's not looking good for me though...[/quote]

Nope, especially not when they switch over to the Wake Forest/West Virgina game.

Hehe, game over, Kentucky won.[/quote]

Hopefully wake will win this game. I'll be pissed if I picked the wrong 7-2 upset[/quote]

Yeah, I picked Wake, too. Great shot with that 3 pt shot, hopefully they can get the win in OT.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']This Cincy/Kentucky game is pretty good. I'm rooting for Kentucky to win.[/quote]

Nope, especially not when they switch over to the Wake Forest/West Virgina game.

Hopefully wake will win this game. I'll be pissed if I picked the wrong 7-2 upset[/quote]

Yeah, I picked Wake, too. Great shot with that 3 pt shot, hopefully they can get the win in OT.[/quote]

Wake should be walking off the court a winner, that guy got hammered on that 3 he made.

Ref's should have called a foul

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']This Cincy/Kentucky game is pretty good. I'm rooting for Kentucky to win.[/quote]

Yeah, I picked Wake, too. Great shot with that 3 pt shot, hopefully they can get the win in OT.[/quote]

Wake should be walking off the court a winner, that guy got hammered on that 3 he made.

Ref's should have called a foul[/quote]

Yeah, at least he made it and they still have a chance to win it. I agree that that probably should've been a foul.

downey!!!! woo!!!

i can't believe it's this close :shudders in nervouseness: * put WF as the winner of the whole thing *

*also lives in NC* :D

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']THE BLOCK!!!! BEST GAME OF THE TOURNEY!!!

The best game I've seen this year! Let's go Wake, put them out of the game.[/quote]

WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

block on a dunk!!! yes yes yes yes yes!

Double overtime!

Basketball hasn't been my favorite sport since high school. I prefer baseball and maybe even football now, but even when basketball was my fave, I preferred pro to college.

Despite that, I'm beginning to think that the NCAA Tournament may top the MLB playoffs as the most exciting time of year in sports.

First the awesome finishes to the Vermont-Syracuse game and then Bucknell beating Kansas, whom I despise, and now this.

I just hope that Wake (my 2nd favorite team after Illinois) doesn't lose to West Virginia. That would be a disgrace.

these fucking refs are trying to give the game to WVA, 2 offense fouls on wake and the no call on that 3. Bullshit!!

and a fucking carry!!! this is horsecrap

Game over fuck those refs. Game should have never gone to OT. Dude from Wake got hammered on the 3 he made at the end of regulation.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']DAMNIT! I had Wake going to the Final 4. There's still hope, but I'm still screwed for the most part.[/quote]

i'm more screwed...i had them winning it all :( -> :cry:

In my ESPN bracket I have only made 5 wrong picks. In this Yahoo bracket, not so good...
At least my girlfriend isn't kicking my ass this year in our competition.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Wolfpack with the upset.

Julius Hodge is the greatest!!!!![/quote]

yay, i had them beating uconn in my bracket :)

it'd be great to see UNC vs NCSU at the syracuse finals :)

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Wolfpack with the upset.

it'd be great to see UNC vs NCSU at the syracuse finals :)[/quote]

it would be even better if NCSU beats them

I just hope that they at least make it to the elite 8 as they are playing really well, and they need some respect

Wow I should've done this one too...so far I picked both the Wake Forest and UConn upsets perfectly. Unfortunately some of my other picks were not so hot.

[quote name='Lina']Ack...

Now, it's either Wisconsin/NC State/Bucknell in the Elite 8. Wow.[/quote]

I don't think Wisconsin or NC State should be all that big of a suprise.

Wisconsin had the longest home winning streak going into this season, and it only ended when they lost to Illinois.

NC State just got Jordan Collins back, so their team is starting to get somewhat healthy. Plus, though their record was not all that great, they played close with just about every big team in the ACC

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Lina']Ack...

Now, it's either Wisconsin/NC State/Bucknell in the Elite 8. Wow.[/quote]

I don't think Wisconsin or NC State should be all that big of a suprise.

Wisconsin had the longest home winning streak going into this season, and it only ended when they lost to Illinois.

NC State just got Jordan Collins back, so their team is starting to get somewhat healthy. Plus, though their record was not all that great, they played close with just about every big team in the ACC[/quote]

I agree, lets just hope wisconsin will make it to the elite 8 and keep going... for the sake of my bracket, lol.

Yeah I don't really find find NC State, Wisconsin, or West Virgina's success thus far too suprising. I mean all 3 played extremely strong in their conference tournaments and if they kept up that level of play and intensity I had a feeling that they'd at least be in the sweet sixteen.

NC State isn't a huge surprise beating UConn... since they're all healthy now. And UConn was overrated as a 2 seed.

Wisconsin... meh. That team always bores me to tears. :p

Still though, none of those teams are close to being amongst the best 8 in the nation.

The West Virginia win really shocked me... that team just isn't that good. They rely totally on perimeter shooting. And Wake had the high paced tempo they wanted.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Wolfpack with the upset.

it'd be great to see UNC vs NCSU at the syracuse finals :)[/quote]

it would be even better if NCSU beats them

I just hope that they at least make it to the elite 8 as they are playing really well, and they need some respect[/quote]

N... C... State! NC State!

I unfortunately have them going out in the next round (to Kansas, but they're gone). I would love to see NCSU vs. UNC and NCSU whip some whine and cheese tail.

Man I had pinned my hopes on Georgia Tech (for Final Four). I wasn't totally confident in them, but I didn't want to root against my own team. Anyway, I thought they'd at least show up to play. What the hell happened there? Now I'm a bit screwed.

[quote name='jimbodan']Just as long as Louisville wins it all I think I'll be ok.[/quote]

I have them losing in the finals to Duke. And I did the Scenario Generator thing and if my Final Four make it and Louisville or Arizona plays Duke in the finals, then I win :D. Not if NC goes though...

That Scenario Generator is pretty damn cool. If OSU loses next round and Duke goes to the final I think I'll probably win.

Now all my hopes are pinned on Duke, my second-fav team. I originally has UNC beating them, b/c they probably will (if they both get that far), but I just can't cheer for UNC against Duke.

Yeah, the scenario generator is a good way to keep updated rankings until Yahoo catches up. A very useful tool when you want to give yourself some hope.

Great wins for NC State (both Charlotte and UCONN)

I have to say the Charlotte game was very impressive - we had you guys down 21-5 in the first half and you came back and won by 12.

Great defense on Brendan Plavich too. I sit beside him in one of my classes and we talked about the game this morning.

He said he really had a hard time getting open for any shots in the 2nd half because of State's D. (he didn't have any points in the 2nd half)

Damn good game - I just hope they beat UNC if they make it that far.

bread's done
Back