CAG MLB 10: The Show League Original Teams Finish 1 game by June 13th

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']What are the chances this game is even playable online? I'd be down for a league, but MLB 08 had horrible lag in pretty much every game.[/QUOTE]

They said online was a major priority for them in this year's version. Personally I'm just gonna wait before joining a league to see if they really fixed it.

[quote name='jousley']Well....I guess going out of town a few days for work means I missed out....

Edited to add:
OHHHHHH!!! I see whats going on here Josh...Cubbies fan! Trying to screw over CAGers BIGGEST Cardinals fan. Here's a joke for ya then:

Q: Whats the difference between a Wrigley Field Hot dog and a Busch Stadium Hot Dog?

A: You can buy a Busch Stadium Hot Dog in October ;)[/QUOTE]

Just keep talking buddy. :) I'll put you down as a reserve in case someone drops out, because I woud love to have a die-hard cardinals fan in this league no joke.

At least we can agree that it's great to have a new baseball season right around the corner, right?

Ok after reviewing the totals and recounting the votes we are at Original Teams 7 and Fantasy Teams 6. I am PMing 2 guys who are in the league and haven't voted. Once I get their votes, I'll close the polls and we will be getting ready.

Also, I haven't gotten any feedback on this but I want to make sure I get some. If we have Original Teams, do you guys want to have a lottery to decide who gets to pick their team first or just let it be a free for all. I plan on having a lottery but I'll do free for all if a majority prefers that. Let me know...

@Josh I dong think you need to do a lottery system if everyone wants a different team. Also doesn't look like everyone ran towards the Yankees so we should be ok.

I am shocked that I got the Dodgers over Matt and that Matt didn't pick the Dodgers or the Cubs. Matt, you should pick the Giants.

[quote name='ivanctorres']@Josh I dong think you need to do a lottery system if everyone wants a different team. Also doesn't look like everyone ran towards the Yankees so we should be ok.[/QUOTE]

The reason it looks that way is because after BigAT chose the Yanks, Josh let people know that they had already been taken. If we're using real teams, there's no way in hell I'd use the Pirates, haha. Even though they might be respectable this year, I doubt the game will reflect that very well. I'd like to switch to the Phillies if possible.

Alright I have no objections to just letting you guys stick with your teams. n8 I switched you to the Phillies. As of now, I have 8 National League teams and 5 American League Teams. So the three players yet to pick, just remember that it has to be an American League team.

Well preordered the game today at Gamestop, so I'll be ready on day one. Really looking forward to an improved online experience.

Crazy that the game might not even work tomorrow if they don't get this network error crap figured out. Obviously, that's not the fault of the game in any way. Just ironic that the day before launch, Sony's network completely crashes, making most games unplayable. Can't believe programming for leap year screwed up Sony's entire system structure. It's like the universe won't throw me a freaking bone with this game, lol.

if there is a lottery, I'd still prefer to play as the Angels, just because I'd rather have fun as my favorite team than anything else.

Also, I think we should wait a week or two for the first game just for all the network issues to be ironed out and to make sure everyone is able to pick up the game. I'm having mine come in from gamefly, and I have an open spot in my gameQ, so it shouldn't be a problem, but if I don't get it from them, then I'll have to wait a day or two until I can head down to a store to pick it up.

Yea I'm happy that I didn't touch my PS3 this weekend. Even though I have a slim for my regular gaming, I still am cautious since this hasn't happened before.

Any way looking at the posts, it seems that you guys are split right down the middle as far as a lottery is concerned. I think I will just do one since everyone deserves an equal chance to choose your team.

Also, I'm not expecting you guys to have your game and be ready to play tomorrow. I'm probably gonna give you 7-10 days to get the game and officially sign up for the league. We won't play official games for 2 weeks probably just so that we don't fall into any problems with online lag or anything since games are often known to have early online problems. I will be asking everyone to play at least one exhibition game before we start the league just so that they are sure of their connection and everything. It doesn't have to be with someone in the league but it is welcomed.

I'm going to pick up my copy in an hour...I'm not looking forward to the looks I get when I say i'm picking up The Show instead of Bad Company 2.

[quote name='Droogs']I'm going to pick up my copy in an hour...I'm not looking forward to the looks I get when I say i'm picking up The Show instead of Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, you get to be our first tester.

[quote name='Droogs']I'm going to pick up my copy in an hour...I'm not looking forward to the looks I get when I say i'm picking up The Show instead of Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

I have a way around getting those "looks". I'm going to pick i
up BOTH the Show and bad company 2. Also throwing in Lunar psp for good measure. Thanks 50% bonus trade in deal!

I'm really anxious to hear how the lag is. I played a few games of MLB 09 earlier just to refresh my memory of why I hated it so much. And aside from an offline game where I hit a million scorchers directly at the CPU fielders (while they seemed to find every hole and hit bloops everywhere), I played an online game that was going well until we reached the 4th inning and it started lagging so badly, I threw 3 wild pitches and gave up my 2 run lead. If that doesn't get fixed this year, someone needs to get stabbed, lol.

Doing the 5 gig or so install at this moment. I had to specifically ask for the preorder bonus code and it took them 5 minutes to find.

[quote name='Droogs']Doing the 5 gig or so install at this moment. I had to specifically ask for the preorder bonus code and it took them 5 minutes to find.[/QUOTE]

5GB wow. God of War 3 won't even have an install.

[quote name='Droogs']I had to specifically ask for the preorder bonus code and it took them 5 minutes to find.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much standard procedure isn't it? lol. It's amazing how much they harrass you about pre-orders, then when it comes time to pick one up, they forget what the incentive of placing one was. Although the BS they push a lot of the time is that you'll be "guaranteed a copy" like it's going to be hard to find, haha.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is pretty much standard procedure isn't it? lol. It's amazing how much they harrass you about pre-orders, then when it comes time to pick one up, they forget what the incentive of placing one was. Although the BS they push a lot of the time is that you'll be "guaranteed a copy" like it's going to be hard to find, haha.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. After my pre-order of FF XIII is fullfilled next week I think I'm gonna be done with Gamestop. Amazon is more than capable of filling my gaming needs, along with this site.

[quote name='wildcpac']I am shocked that I got the Dodgers over Matt and that Matt didn't pick the Dodgers or the Cubs. Matt, you should pick the Giants.[/QUOTE]

That's because you're a retard (note to others- I know him from another forum; he's proven my statement). Why did you pick the Dodgers over your beloved Yankees?

And why the hell would I pick the Cubs? I'm a White Sox fan first and foremost, and a Dodgers fan second.

I don't know if we're doing the lottery or not. My computer was broken from Thursday through tonight, so I was unable to post. Luckily, my team hasn't been taken. I want the White Sox.

I didn't even see this thread until now. :wall:

Put me in as a backup I guess, just in case someone doesn't end up getting the game or drops out or whatever.

I should have my copy at about noon today, looking forward to getting a few games in.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's because you're a retard (note to others- I know him from another forum; he's proven my statement). Why did you pick the Dodgers over your beloved Yankees?

And why the hell would I pick the Cubs? I'm a White Sox fan first and foremost, and a Dodgers fan second.

I don't know if we're doing the lottery or not. My computer was broken from Thursday through tonight, so I was unable to post. Luckily, my team hasn't been taken. I want the White Sox.[/QUOTE]

I choose the Dodgers because the Yankees were already taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, brewers.... should be a good league season now :)

How early were we planning on starting this after release date? I have to wait for it from amazon/dont know how long that will take. Never preordered through them before.

[quote name='yukine']I didn't even see this thread until now. :wall:

Put me in as a backup I guess, just in case someone doesn't end up getting the game or drops out or whatever.[/QUOTE]

same here. or expand the league???

[quote name='wildcpac']Wow, I was trying to be nice and you're already talking shit. I am going to refrain from the name calling because after all the shit you posted about your personal problems online, you shouldn't be calling anyone a retard.

I choose the Dodgers because the Yankees were already taken.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you posted this and then PM'ed me what you did 4 hours later, but I'll stop discussing it in this thread.

Expanding the league is not a bad idea. The more, the merrier.

And if we're doing original teams, a lottery should definitely be in order.

Hmm, expanding you say huh? I think I could go for that. We shall see. By the way, for some reason, it won't let me make an account for 14 days since it is a new account, which is alright because I have to go out of town next weekend. So everyone has two weeks to pick the game up. If we do expand, I really don't want to make it more than 20 teams since then the league would start getting a little too long for some people since I really want to have 2 vs. division teams and 1 vs. non-division teams.

I would assume the rankings will change some with the next roster update on Monday. They've already acknowledged that a lot of the potential ratings for players are way off. Not sure how much of an effect this would have on overall team rating, but it's not unreasonable to think it might change some things.

Hey, regrettably, I'll have to remove my name from the league. There's a very good chance that starting next month, my game time will be drastically cut down, and I don't want to commit to something like this. I'm sorry to do this, but at least someone else can get in now.

[quote name='yukine']I just picked the game up today, I'll be glad to take your spot for you...[/QUOTE]

Nice try ;). Brownjohn, I'm sad to have to take you off, but thank you for the heads up. I hope you can join us in a future league.

Anyway, I have a "waiting list" for those who aren't in. I'm going to start PM those on the list. They will have approximately 24 hours to respond. And don't worry yukine, you were already on the list. It is made up in the order of those who have posted or PMd about the league.

Oh, I wasn't aware a waiting list even existed. I thought I was the first to post about being a backup in case someone drops out. I'm not trying to sneak ahead of anyone else or anything.

Can I hop on that waiting list in case someone else drops out? I'm really interested in getting involved in a hardcore league for this game this year!

[quote name='yukine']Oh, I wasn't aware a waiting list even existed. I thought I was the first to post about being a backup in case someone drops out. I'm not trying to sneak ahead of anyone else or anything.[/QUOTE]

Nobody does but me :whistle2:#. It is a secret list that is only me, God, Joe Mauer, and Kevin Butler.

Also, I haven't ruled out expansion at all yet.

hey josh am i officially in yet? you should update the OP with the roster and say whose on the waiting list ;) sorry just anxious to get in

[quote name='Dahk']Im a Red Sox fan...no way do we have the 2nd best lineup in the MLB.[/QUOTE]

They don't even have the 2nd best lineup in the AL East.

All right, so I did a little wheeling and dealing today, took advantage of Gamestop's 50% trade in bonus, and decided to pick this up. I ended up paying about $20 out of pocket, so I can live with that. Amazingly, the online stock locator did indicate there was a used copy about an hour away from me (stolen I'm guessing), but since I was able to use credit to pay for most of it, wasting the gas didn't seem worth it. Anyway, I'm definitely in for this season though! :)

Also, Josh, this is an idea we can toss around and see if anybody is interested, since a bunch of people are on the waiting list for this league, I could take sign ups for a fantasy league, and give those guys priority (if they're interested in doing fantasy teams, of course). And then if there are any spots left, I could open it up to anybody in this league who wants to play in both leagues. Just a thought as an alternative to expanding this league...which is only going to tack on games for everybody and make the season take longer. I'm never opposed to having a longer season, but more games = more commitment from everybody, and sometimes that leads to trouble. But again, this is your Show man (see what I did there? lol). I'll be happy to just smile and nod on this one. :)

bread's done
Back