CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Masked Lemon and I just played a really tight contest. We pretty much alternated going on 10-0 runs the entire game. Every time I thought I was going to pull away for good, and then all of a sudden I'd be down 4 points. Luckily, the last run was mine...

On a side note, 2K really needs to fix the online free throws. I got lucky just randomly flicking the stick this time, but Lemon really got ripped off. I guess it's just part of the online experience right now, but it sucks.

I'm off today and can play anytime. If I have a matchup against you let me know and we can play.

Here's my 1st week matchups:

Lakers
Hornets
Spurs
Bulls
Clippers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we need to get the ball rolling and try to get a lot of games played. Starting on the 1st of next month my time will be really tight for 13 days.

But I am free all today and tomorrow.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yes, we need to get the ball rolling and try to get a lot of games played. Starting on the 1st of next month my time will be really tight for 13 days.

But I am free all today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'll play you at 6cent time. You have to be one of my first five games though right?

I have these teams in my first set of games. If you want to play tonight/today let me know and I'll play:

Hawks
Mavericks
Pistons
Cavs
Rockets

I'm the Blazers by the way.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hey, has anyone else had trouble setting lineups in the league? Everytime I try to set and save mine, it nevers saves it.[/QUOTE]

Try setting them up before you play online in the main manu under rosters, when you go online to the 2K service it should upload and save them.

I would like to play a game or two on Sunday night. It's just about the only time this weekend I'm free to play. I proposed a gametime XXXPlosive1, let me know if it's ok.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I'm off today and can play anytime. If I have a matchup against you let me know and we can play.

Here's my 1st week matchups:

Lakers
Hornets
Spurs
Bulls
Clippers[/quote]

can play tnt tell me what time.

I thought you couldn't play till Sunday. Anyway, I can play others late Sunday night after my game with Immortal fWd or Monday until 6 P.M. Pacific.

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought you couldn't play till Sunday. Anyway, I can play others late Sunday night after my game with Immortal fWd or Monday until 6 P.M. Pacific.[/QUOTE]

I was supposed to work today but I got it off.

[quote name='sstyler24']can play tnt tell me what time.[/QUOTE]

Whenever is good for you is good for me.

Damn.....I didn't know you could keep track of games in progress through the league website.

I'm following the Knicks - Raptors game right now in the 4th quarter.

For those wanting to know about the Hornets (me) I can play anytime (all times central) after 9 tonight, after 7 Saturday (although I'm playing the Knicks at 7:30) or anytime before 6 on Sunday.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Damn.....I didn't know you could keep track of games in progress through the league website.

I'm following the Knicks - Raptors game right now in the 4th quarter.[/quote]

I thought I was done for after the first quarter. I haven't played the game since the day before Fable 2 came out and the rust was evident.

I managed to get back into it in the third though and my lead grew to 10 at the fourth quarter. Some riveting moments in the game, but the missed lay up by Nate Robinson really pissed me off. I threw the controller and the battery pack came flying off :hot:. Sorry about that BigAT :whistle2:#.

Overall, it was a great game. Too bad a rematch is only possible through the playoffs.

Sood you down for a game? On 2ksports.com you can remove completed games from your queue and add new ones. I can add you to my queue but you need to remove a game from yours first.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Sood you down for a game? On 2ksports.com you can remove completed games from your queue and add new ones. I can add you to my queue but you need to remove a game from yours first.[/quote]

Who shot who in the what now?

Yeah I will play but dont understand what you mean.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Who shot who in the what now?

Yeah I will play but dont understand what you mean.[/quote]
Reschedule your schedule. Take a game out so he can create a game for this 'round' between you two.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Who shot who in the what now?

Yeah I will play but dont understand what you mean.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind disregard that. I had no idea you can play any of your games in any order. I'm online now, let me know when you're on.

I dont think you need to do that though.

I thought all you had to do was go into the league and find who is on and send them a request.

Good game man. You just need to spread the ball around a little more.

Josh Smith had 40 points and I didnt even think I used him that much. Also does it take a while for the league games to record because I noticed that it still had me at 0-0 with no games played.

EDIT: Yeah I think something is wrong, the site and the league page doesnt show us as played that game.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Good game man. You just need to spread the ball around a little more.

Josh Smith had 40 points and I didnt even think I used him that much. Also does it take a while for the league games to record because I noticed that it still had me at 0-0 with no games played.

EDIT: Yeah I think something is wrong, the site and the league page doesnt show us as played that game.[/QUOTE]

I think that was my fault man, my bad. I was wondering why it had me at home instead of you. I think I setup the challenge wrong.

o meant to say this b4 but i saw that set of games set interval of time was 3 days theres no way we'll be able to play 5 games in 3 days idk if this means games will b simed if not played.

I need to play these CAGs in week 1...

Cavs - MaskedPlague
Pistons - XXXplosive1
Rockets - DisturbedZen
Mavericks - elpolloestupendo

I am free all night afer 7 pm EST tonight. Let's set something up.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Good game man. You just need to spread the ball around a little more.

EDIT: Yeah I think something is wrong, the site and the league page doesnt show us as played that game.[/QUOTE]

According to Operation Sports, if the scheduled home team doesn't issue the challenge, the league game doesn't count. :(

So has anyone else tried the sliders I posted? I've only played online once- an unranked game against FrankySox- but I hated playing it with the default sliders. So much bullshit going on. It wasn't Franky cheesing; it was just the game itself. None of the CPU guys on my team would play defense.

Don't get me wron, Franky is better than me and should have won by like 10. But I was down by 30 something at one point and only lost by 15 or so due to suddenly being able to rain down 3's in the 4th when the game decided it was tired of fucking me over and fucked Franky's D over instead to allow me to catch up somewhat.

When I played Masked Lemon yesterday, he challenged me (I was the home team) and it still counted. I think you just have to make sure you issue the challenge through the league page. And I think you can only issue it if both players are looking at the league page, which is annoying.

And I'll cast my vote again that we should use the modified sliders. Every open shot I've taken in two games has gone in, I feel like.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']When I played Masked Lemon yesterday, he challenged me (I was the home team) and it still counted. I think you just have to make sure you issue the challenge through the league page. And I think you can only issue it if both players are looking at the league page, which is annoying.

And I'll cast my vote again that we should use the modified sliders. Every open shot I've taken in two games has gone in, I feel like.[/quote]

Do you have free time tonight?

I'm having problems trying to check out league info on my 360. Every time I choose the "My League" option in the menu the game game starts uploading my rosters, but once it reaches 100% the system locks up completely. I was able to get in just fine a couple of days ago but I've tried like 5 times already today and this shit locks up completely. Any ideas?

NBA 2K9 developers: "Now let's see... What things did that Soodmeg fellow dislike about Madden 09?"

*looks at long list of stuff*

NBA 2K9 developers: "Well, we'd better throw that in there. Gotta compete with EA."

Soodmeg: "Jamaican me crazy!" *head explodes*

[quote name='Matt Young']NBA 2K9 developers: "Now let's see... What things did that Soodmeg fellow dislike about Madden 09?"

*looks at long list of stuff*

NBA 2K9 developers: "Well, we'd better throw that in there. Gotta compete with EA."

Soodmeg: "Jamaican me crazy!" *head explodes*[/quote]

:whee:

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I'm glad it's not just me though. Also earlier in the week the system would not let me play a ranked game, but it let me play unranked games. I have no other problems connecting to people on any other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back