CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Figures this would hit on a weekend when we have our best chance of completing games.[/quote]

Yeah no kidding. I don't have anything on tonight and was hoping to play at least 1 game in the league. If I can't play any games tonight I might not be able to play any games for most of the week.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Is this still not working? I'm off today and can play anytime...if it's working of course.[/QUOTE]

Still not working.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hope the issues are fixed by the time I'm supposed to play later tonight.[/QUOTE]

You still have the game??!?!?! Crazy =)

I'm the blazers...hey mavs guy want to play?

[quote name='Immortal fWd']What time do you want to play Matt? If it's working I'm available whenever.[/QUOTE]

Well, I told you 10 before, which is exactly one hour from now. However, I am available right now. But apparently, we aren't going to be able to play.

Every single time I attempt to enter the league lobby, it makes me download the rosters. Once it gets to 100%, the game freezes. I can't even open the guide. This happens every time. is this the problem the rest of you were having?

[quote name='Matt Young']
Every single time I attempt to enter the league lobby, it makes me download the rosters. Once it gets to 100%, the game freezes. I can't even open the guide. This happens every time. is this the problem the rest of you were having?[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happens to me. And I was 99.9% sure it was the 360 getting ready to crap out on me until I found out it was the damn game :):)

[quote name='-GoodFella-']The exact same thing happens to me. And I was 99.9% sure it was the 360 getting ready to crap out on me until I found out it was the damn game :):)[/QUOTE]

Same thing here!

Grrr.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, I told you 10 before, which is exactly one hour from now. However, I am available right now. But apparently, we aren't going to be able to play.

Every single time I attempt to enter the league lobby, it makes me download the rosters. Once it gets to 100%, the game freezes. I can't even open the guide. This happens every time. is this the problem the rest of you were having?[/QUOTE]

Well, looks like we're going to have to postpone it. Damn 2k sports.

I haven't tried for a day or two but I was able to avoid the freezing problem by updating the rosters in a Ranked Quick Match and then canceling the Quick Match before it started. Does this work for anyone else or did I just get lucky once?

Also, I have already emailed 2K Sports about this and I would recommend everyone do so. I have never seen such a failure of a game in my entire life and they won't say a word about it.

[quote name='ai03mj23']I haven't tried for a day or two but I was able to avoid the freezing problem by updating the rosters in a Ranked Quick Match and then canceling the Quick Match before it started. Does this work for anyone else or did I just get lucky once?

Also, I have already emailed 2K Sports about this and I would recommend everyone do so. I have never seen such a failure of a game in my entire life and they won't say a word about it.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a real shame. I know they have had issues/bugs in the past with MLB and other stuf, but these NBA 2K8 issues are unacceptable.

Guys, I found a fix for the league lobby problem (credit goes to igotthums over at the 2K boards); download the roster update from 10/6/2008

Go to the main menu, then Options>manage rosters>download roster>official 2k roster: download roster 2008-10-6, save it then go back to the main menu and select load/save, select load, load the roster update you just downloaded (it normally shows up as "roster" on the list unless you renamed it). I just tried it out and I was able to get into the league lobby without problems.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Guys, I found a fix for the league lobby problem (credit goes to igotthums over at the 2K boards); download the roster update from 10/6/2008

Go to the main menu, then Options>manage rosters>download roster>official 2k roster: download roster 2008-10-6, save it then go back to the main menu and select load/save, select load, load the roster update you just downloaded (it normally shows up as "roster" on the list unless you renamed it). I just tried it out and I was able to get into the league lobby without problems.[/quote]

I'll give it a try Friday. I'll be out of town at a regional meeting for the next few days unfortunately.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Guys, I found a fix for the league lobby problem (credit goes to igotthums over at the 2K boards); download the roster update from 10/6/2008

Go to the main menu, then Options>manage rosters>download roster>official 2k roster: download roster 2008-10-6, save it then go back to the main menu and select load/save, select load, load the roster update you just downloaded (it normally shows up as "roster" on the list unless you renamed it). I just tried it out and I was able to get into the league lobby without problems.[/QUOTE]

That roster? I thought there was a new one. I already downloaded that roster when I got the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']That roster? I thought there was a new one. I already downloaded that roster when I got the game.[/QUOTE]

The new one that came out last week is the one causing the freezing problems. But yeah, you have to "roll back" to the old one.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']After 9:30 is better for me.[/QUOTE]

Okay, what do you say we play after the Lakers/Clippers game ends? Should be shortly after 10.

I'll be around for the next couple hours (I can start a game anytime till about 4 PM EST). Post here or send me a message if I'm on if you're up for a game. I'm the Mavs.

I need to get some games in, I'm the Jazz, if you're down, hit me up on aim: jsilvercharge.

Also, whats goin on with trades? No one's offering any and I can't accept or reject one that's been offered to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to set up a meeting with Phoenix (Immortal fWd) but I've messaged him when he's been offline and vice versa. Sunday maybe?

I won't be available tonight for Halloween, nor tomorrow since after I return from the gym, I'm going to Ontario for a hockey game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've been trying to set up a meeting with Phoenix (Immortal fWd) but I've messaged him when he's been offline and vice versa. Sunday maybe?

I won't be available tonight for Halloween, nor tomorrow since after I return from the gym, I'm going to Ontario for a hockey game.[/QUOTE]

Wednesday was my bad. I saw your message and planned to be on, but I totally lost track of time until I logged on and got your pm at 11. I realized the game had been over for a while. I probably won't be available until late Monday or possibly Tuesday. I work 8 am to 7 pm tomorrow, and then I'm leaving out of town right after to have my daughter baptized. I'll be coming back Monday, but I don't know when. Tuesday I may or may not have to work. I possibly have jury duty that day. If I do, I'll be out by 5ish, if not, I work until 8pm.

I am available for the next couple of hours if anyone wants to play.

I have to do the roster fix posted above, but I'm good to play right now for the next couple of hours, or after 7 p.m. central tomorrow night. Just send a message over Live.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I will be avaliable to play tonight after 9pm eastern. If anyone needs to play the pistons, get at me.[/QUOTE]

I'll play against you.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I'm currently in the league lobby if anybody wants to get a league game going on.[/quote]

I'm coming in.

Magic (GuilewasNK) 71 - 67 Wizards (Goodfella)

Good game GuilewasNK. Game was very close game till the 4th quarter when Orlando's inside game and the Wizards terrible attempts at rebounding just killed them. Those 2 free throws that Dwight Howard made at the end of the game pretty much closed the deal for Orlando.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Magic (GuilewasNK) 71 - 67 Wizards (Goodfella)

Good game GuilewasNK. Game was very close game till the 4th quarter when Orlando's inside game and the Wizards terrible attempts at rebounding just killed them. Those 2 free throws that Dwight Howard made at the end of the game pretty much closed the deal for Orlando.[/quote]

You guys sure you did the challenge right? I don't see your game on our league page.

[quote name='knightsdwn']You guys sure you did the challenge right? I don't see your game on our league page.[/QUOTE]

GuilewasNK sent the challenge, his team icon was blinking when I was in the league lobby. But yeah....looks like the match info does not show up on the league page.

Another thing that is weird is that the game I played previously with BigAT is now gone from my record when I look at the standings on the 2K site.

Guys, please whatever you do, do not rearrange your schedule with the schedule Que option. Leave it as it is. It looks like that might be causing problems with our games not showing up on the league page or making them look like they never took place. You can play your games in any order you want since flex scheduling is enabled. I'll be looking around in the 2K boards for more information.

Update

This is not true flex scheduling because you can't play against anybody you want in the league at anytime. Id call it quasi flex scheduling. You have to manually add the matchup to your game Que.

[quote name='Tris10 from the 2K Sports Team']Hello Everyone,

We have added an addition to the online leagues for NBA 2K9 and NHL 2K9 to allow users to emulate the revered "Flex schedule" feature. For those who do not know what "Flex Schedule" is, it basically allows any game in a league to be played in any order. This should make our played games count since they are being scheduled to be played.

The "Flex Schedule Que" addition will allow the same end result. The difference is each team has a "que" of games in which they can play. If a user wants to play a game in a different order then they simply move the game they wish to play into their "que". The limitations are each teams que can not exceed 5 games and must have at least 1 game in their que.

Commish's: To turn on "Flex Schedule Que" for your league

1. Login to 2ksports.com and goto your leagues home page.
2. Click "Admin" from your leagues menu system
3. Click "League Options"
4. You will see a button to turn on flex schedule que, click this button

Please note this feature can not be undone. So please consider carefully if you wish to enable this feature for your league

For users: If you are in a league that has "Flex Schedule Que" turned on, to manage your que is simple.

1. Login to 2ksports.com and goto your leagues home page
2. Hover over the "My Team" menu option, a drop down will appear
3. In the drop down, click "Edit schedule"

There are 2 boxes, the first box is your "Que", games you can play at any time. The second box is all other games. Simply move games in and out of your que to play them as you see fit. It is advised you edit your schedule while your and your opponents console is not online. If it is, we recommend a fresh reboot to ensure all stats record correctly.

We apologize to all our fans who have enjoyed the "Flex schedule" feature and hope this addition represents our commitment to always improving our products and our commitment to our fans and community.[/quote]

[quote name='Member RipZz from the 2K Boards'] dunno if this was posted but this should be stikied till a fix is out hopefully soon

1. Have a schedule generated.
2. Suppose you and another player from the league is online but you don't have a game in this weeks 5 game schedule.
3. You go to the 2k league website. community.2ksports.com (make sure your game is linked to the site, there is another thread on how to do this it's pretty easy)
4. Now both players must go to My Team->Edit Schedule
5. Then both players must remove a game from the que.
6. Then each player must add the other persons team to the Que.
7. You can play eachother.

This was tested at operationsports.com
[/quote]

It's unfortunate that we have to do these things manually in order to get them to work. The whole purpose of a league is to keep everything automated & centalized but it looks like the only workaround until they patch things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back