CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK every version of CAG NBA 2K has been taken by someone not using it, so I'm just going to use the original Silver tag I created last year. Look for invites from CAG 2K Sports.

Matt, your list is full. bigat, maskedplague, cbarg84, al03mj23, disturbedzen, renegade_zero, and eipolloestupendo I need you to send friend requests with your actual Live gamertags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, after trying for a few weeks to get things working, I got rid of the game. I apoligize for any problems this may cause. Feel free to give my team to someone else, or sim the remainder of my games.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']That was a crazy game. I couldn't hit a free throw or long jumper to save my life until the 3rd quarter.[/QUOTE]

Yup..you took over the game in the 3rd quarter, outscored me bigtime (28-13) and my guys went cold in the 2nd haft after pretty much everything I shot in the 1st half was falling in. I almost made a run at the end but just ran out of time. Good games though :)

Pistons (XXXplosive1) 81 - 74 Wizards (Goodfella)

Hey guys. With very very sad remorse I will have to pull out of the league. I am truly sorry.

I have been getting a lot of work recently and I dont think its fair to you guys to just take up a spot in the league with very little hope of playing. My schedule is getting crazier by the day and its just to hard to meet up with you guys and play a game. And I really dont want to turn into "that guy" who keeps saying he will play but then not showing.

Again I am sorry, and please consider me for future leagues the timing just wasnt right for me this time.

Damn... I hope this doesn't fail. Not putting it on you, Sood. I'm just saying.

I should be able to play tomorrow before 6 Pacific. I was pretty busy last week and haven't felt like playing these past few days, between getting Gears 2 and Call of Duty: WaW as well as adjusting mentally and physically after changing medications. But I guess I don't really need to apologize since I still am tied for most games played, and really have played the most since my game with FrankySox was disconnected with 7 seconds left, and I played 3 quarters with MSUHitman before we had to redo the game.

Speaking of FrankySox, why was he moved from the Pacific division, which now has 4 teams (discounting the fact that Denver has no owner) to the Atlantic division, which now has 6 teams?

Just played two great half games with Guile. Thanks, 2k networks. Whenever we actually play the game, it's for sure going to be hotly contested. Is there any way to erase the result of the first game we got disconnected, which automatically saved on the server?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Just played two great half games with Guile. Thanks, 2k networks. Whenever we actually play the game, it's for sure going to be hotly contested. Is there any way to erase the result of the first game we got disconnected, which automatically saved on the server?[/quote]

Yeah, the connection was weird tonight. Hopefully the game can be erased.

Looks like it is going to be a good game if we get a chance to finish.

For those that are interested in joining the league, we have two spots that are open;

Atlanta Hawks
Denver Nuggets

Let me know if you're interested.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']For those that are interested in joining the league, we have two spots that are open;

Atlanta Hawks
Denver Nuggets

Let me know if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Franklin Quincy Sox did say he'd like to switch from the Blazers to the Nuggets if possible. That being said, you should edit the thread title to advertise the 2 open spots.

Wonderful. My 360 just RRoD. I'm toweling it now, so hopefully that'll fix it. Thankfully, Costco's awesome warranty policy means I can have a new one relatively soon - the only obstacle is data migration. Do any of you have experience using the data transfer kit and moving stuff from a 20gb HDD to a 60 gb?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Wonderful. My 360 just RRoD. I'm toweling it now, so hopefully that'll fix it. Thankfully, Costco's awesome warranty policy means I can have a new one relatively soon - the only obstacle is data migration. Do any of you have experience using the data transfer kit and moving stuff from a 20gb HDD to a 60 gb?[/quote]

I don't think it will work, that's only for 20-120. You'll need to get one of those Datel HD backup things, backup the files to your pc, then put them on the 60GB HD.

Yeah, is there any possibility I could switch to the Nuggets? If not I'll start playing my games, I was just waiting to see if it was possible.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Wonderful. My 360 just RRoD. I'm toweling it now, so hopefully that'll fix it. Thankfully, Costco's awesome warranty policy means I can have a new one relatively soon - the only obstacle is data migration. Do any of you have experience using the data transfer kit and moving stuff from a 20gb HDD to a 60 gb?[/quote]

I have been told that the transfer kit will work for a 20 to a 60. My bad on that.

Franky and Juan, I can play anytime after 7 p.m. central tonight. Everyone who hasn't already, please send a friend request to CAG 2K Sports.

I haven't been playing any games lately, sorry guys. Might be available to tmrw, still playing Gears 2 and some other things. =p

[quote name='ai03mj23']Just added wizards to my queue. No microphone just so you know. I am the Spurs.[/QUOTE]

ai03mj23, I'm about to play MSUHitman right now but if you want I can play against you right after I play him.

Well...played a couple of league games tonight and ended up going 1-1, I managed to slip by the Hornets (MSUHitman) 79-75 in a very contested game and lost to the Spurs (ai03mj23) 74-57; The one I lost I just cant believe all the open looks that I had yet my guys kept missing, besides the fact that nothing that I was shooting wanted to go in :( . Duncan (30 pts, 11 rebs) and Ginobili (26 pts - 4/5 3pt) were just too much, specially Duncan killing me in the paint but I deserved it for not double teaming him.

Ah well, Hitmand and ai03mj23; good game guys!

I'd say yes, but with my sleep problems lately I can't guarantee I'll be awake. I know I can't play from 5-8 Pacific since there's a WWE pay per view. I want to get some more games in soon, though.

Ugh. I've replaced my 360 (just for future reference, you CAN transfer from a 20gb HDD to a 60 gb HDD using the data migration kit Microsoft sends out) and now my internet is out. Someone came to repair it on Friday and decided doing something outside would fix the problem (it didn't) and never came out. My landlady justifiably was angry and then when Comcast said they couldn't reschedule for two weeks, flipped out and canceled the service. I don't anticipate it being very long until I get back online, but in the meantime, I obviously can't play any games.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'd say yes, but with my sleep problems lately I can't guarantee I'll be awake. I know I can't play from 5-8 Pacific since there's a WWE pay per view. I want to get some more games in soon, though.[/QUOTE]

I might be on after 8 Pacific, if I am send me a message. I'm taking a quick trip to Phoenix so I won't be back until probably 5ish AZ time.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Well...played a couple of league games tonight and ended up going 1-1, I managed to slip by the Hornets (MSUHitman) 79-75 in a very contested game and lost to the Spurs (ai03mj23) 74-57; The one I lost I just cant believe all the open looks that I had yet my guys kept missing, besides the fact that nothing that I was shooting wanted to go in :( . Duncan (30 pts, 11 rebs) and Ginobili (26 pts - 4/5 3pt) were just too much, specially Duncan killing me in the paint but I deserved it for not double teaming him.

Ah well, Hitmand and ai03mj23; good game guys![/quote]

Yeah I never take that many outside shots but I couldn't get the ball inside and I've learned you have to be selective with your drives to the basket (especially with Paul.) If Peterson could have hit the broad side of a barn (0-6 from 3) it would have made a big difference. Also most turnovers I've had in a game so your D was tight. Great game.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I might be on after 8 Pacific, if I am send me a message. I'm taking a quick trip to Phoenix so I won't be back until probably 5ish AZ time.[/QUOTE]

Okay. If I see you on, we can play.

Okay dude. I told Immortal I'd check to see if he's on, but if he's not, you and I can play at 8 Pacific/10 Central. Is that good? If he is on, we can always play after.

I replayed my game with Franky. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as fun as the thriller we played last time. Final score was Lakers 120, Blazers 97.

[quote name='Matt Young']I replayed my game with Franky. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as fun as the thriller we played last time. Final score was Lakers 120, Blazers 97.[/QUOTE]

Jesus...talk about lack of D :)

Good game guys.

Well, last time it was 107-107 with 7 seconds left and we got kicked. Both of us had fun. This time... meh.

Also of note, Gasol's injury (out 4 games with separated shoulder) was gone, but Greg Oden, true to form, broke his ankle in his first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back