******** Cag NFL 2k5 league thread - New and Improved!!! ********

Ok, you guys should all have gotten a copy of the welcome PM. If you did not, PM me for a copy. This is what it should look like but it will have the league password (please DO NOT SHARE THE PASSWORD with non league members (those not on page 1 of this thread)

Congratulations on your promotion to owner!

We here at the league office are very excited to be kicking off our first season. We look forward to working with you to make this the best NFL 2k5 league there is. :D

With that said, we need to get down to a little business. First off, we need you to log onto Xbox live, join the league, and claim your team.

League name: CAG 2k5
Password: ******

Once you've done that, you are able to view the league website which can be found here.

CAG NFL 2k5 League Website

The league website will be the backbone of all news,information,and communications. CAG will from now on be limited to a backup role. Because of this, it is suggested you log onto the league website frequently to get all the news,updates,and information you need. Also, there is a PM system there which will make it much easier to get in contact with us or your fellow owners.

Now that you are familiar with how we will use the website, its time we started building it. We need you to go into your teams clubhouse (links are seen on the middle left side) and fill in ALL of your information. Please see mine as a reference (including the bio) and also keep in mind that Buffalo = your commish so if you need him, thats where you look for his contact info.

Buffalo Bills Clubhouse

Once you've finished filling out your contact info, you are free to roam around the website as you please.

Take a minute to review the leagues Code of Conduct and Gameplay rules. (the links to these are located in the upper right corner of the leagues homepage) These are the rules by which you will be bound if you stay in the league so its pretty good to familarize yourself with them as soon as you can.

All done there? Great. The next area of interest is the message boards (just below the news area where the rules and COC were located) You guys are welcome to post any and all things league relevent you wish there. Congrat an opponent on a good game, ask for scouting reports, or voice a concern you have. Its there for you guys to share info amongst yourselves and with me. USE IT!

Now you should see two topics for you guys there. One, is the League rules discussion. Its there for me to let you guys know the reasons why we have the rules that we do and for you guys to let me know what you think of them and how they can be improved. I really welcome your feedback and hope this will be a very busy thread over the next few days. So if you have toughts, opions, ideas....VOICE THEM!!! The sooner we all come to a decent consensus on the rules, the sooner I can generate the schedule and we can start playing!!! :D

The next Thread is the suggestion box. It is there general non rules suggestions. Its where you guys help me figure out what we as a league want. I will check it regularly as I will all such threads. You are always welcomed to PM me if its urgent or if youd like to keep your suggestion private.

Next on our tour is the Poll. From time to time Ill throw up a poll for you guys to vote on. The topics can vary and you are welcomed to suggest ideas for it. The more you guys vote and participate, the more I will change it up. If its a feature we dont really use as a group, Im not going to bother with it. So, you want it? USE IT!!!!

Below the poll is the links section. It lets us hotlink whatever is important to us as a league. So far, the only thing I saw as a need item was the CAG thread. If you guys have others, feel free to LMK.

And lastly on our tour is the Front Page News. I reserve this for only the most important news for the league. Usually I will make it something brief so a quick scan of the front page will give you an idea of the goings on and where we're at. Also, any important updates or information I NEED to get out to you guys will be here. So dont skip over it!

Well thats it so far fellas. If all things go according to plan we should be ready to generate a schedule by the weekend, maybe even get in a game or two. After you finish filling in all your contact information, please take some time to get used to the website and all of its features (especially the PM system) This is our organizations backbone fellas. I dont spend hours a day working on it for my health. :p So make sure you check and use it often.

Welcome aboard,
Commish Mike

Hmm, I'm going to have to figure out why I can't link my gamertag to my passport. Guess I'll have to contact Microsoft support since I've tried every combo of possible information I could have entered and it won't take it. :(

[quote name='amusedtoe']Hmm, I'm going to have to figure out why I can't link my gamertag to my passport. Guess I'll have to contact Microsoft support since I've tried every combo of possible information I could have entered and it won't take it. :([/quote]

Mine was freaking out too. Go into your dashboard on live and make sure its correct. For some reason it had my zip code totally wrong and that was messing me up.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Thanks supa turns out that it had a totally wrong phone number for my account, wouldn't have thought about that.[/quote]

No problem. Im always here to help a fellow leaguer out. :D

Has anyone else been unable to sign into the ESPN league pages? I've been trying for the longest time since I'm also in the CAG NHL one, but I'm just stuck at the sign in page. I keep clicking sign in, but it doesn't do anything.

I'm using Firefox. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Id like to thank the following owners for registering and logging into the league site.

Atlanta
Buffalo
Cincy
Indy

We're making good progress. Lets keep it up!

Well this is interesting. Apparently we're developing a following fellas. Im getting PMs on the league website from guys who saw our League site on the ESPN board and wanted to join because it looks like we'd be a good league. Of course we're full up but its damn cool complete strangers are recognizing our greatness. :)

I guess. Im not sure how it was being worked before but the league is now set up. Web site is a go. You should have gotten a PM explaining how to log in. LMK if you didnt.

M

Ok, Ive got 8 people logged in and available through the website. Hopefully we'll have a good chunk added tonight. Anybody needs help, you know where to reach me.

Do I need to rejoin another league?

And it's goign to be a fucking pain in the ass to get online to the website---I don't have an active credit card connected to my XBL account.

[quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

And it's goign to be a shaq-fuing pain in the ass to get online to the website---I don't have an active credit card connected to my XBL account.[/quote]

Yeah, you need to join again and the website shouldn't be a pain as long as you have a Mircrosoft .net Passport which is free.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

And it's goign to be a shaq-fuing pain in the ass to get online to the website---I don't have an active credit card connected to my XBL account.[/quote]

Yeah, you need to join again and the website shouldn't be a pain as long as you have a Mircrosoft .net Passport which is free.[/quote]

Ah.....Z doing my job for me. I likes it!

By the way Z, did you get my friend invite in Live. I plan on hooking up everybody that way but you just happened to be on my brain at the time.

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

Yeah, you need to join again and the website shouldn't be a pain as long as you have a Mircrosoft .net Passport which is free.[/quote]

Ah.....Z doing my job for me. I likes it!

By the way Z, did you get my friend invite in Live. I plan on hooking up everybody that way but you just happened to be on my brain at the time.[/quote]

I'm not sure. I'm gonna log on Live right now so I can sign up for the new league.

I would if my network wasn't being so frustrating, my wireless bridge keeps dropping me from games on Live. Man I was ticked earlier I scored two TD's on the first two plays of the game, swing pass for 60 yards and a fumble recovery on the kickoff ran back, and then it dropped me arr. Trying to get it all sorted out before we start our leauge games. :( I'll take the XBox elsewhere though to play if I can't get it working any time soon.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

I can't link my passport to my XBL tag without the last digits of a card that I don't have.
Do I HAVE to get on the site of can I just play the games?

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

I can't link my passport to my XBL tag without the last digits of a card that I don't have.
Do I HAVE to get on the site of can I just play the games?[/quote]

I don't remember that part, buts it been awhile. I don't see why you couldn't just play the games. The site just keeps track of records and it has its own message board for each user made league.

You should be able to just play, the site just makes organizing things and setting up the games alot easier, along with the message boards which we're using as a trading block. I'd contact Microsoft support and see if there's not a way you can link it anyway, or they can do it for you.

[quote name='amusedtoe']You should be able to just play, the site just makes organizing things and setting up the games alot easier, along with the message boards which we're using as a trading block. I'd contact Microsoft support and see if there's not a way you can link it anyway, or they can do it for you.[/quote]

I'm going to have to renew fairly soon anyway with a new CC, so I can wait. I just wish my paypal debit would come already.

[quote name='RichD1']Do I need to rejoin another league?

And it's goign to be a shaq-fuing pain in the ass to get online to the website---I don't have an active credit card connected to my XBL account.

Do I HAVE to get on the site of can I just play the games?[/quote]

You guys dont have to get on the website but I think it puts you at a distinct disadvantage since the site is pretty much our communications hub. If anything truly important is put up, Ill forward it to you (Im doing so now) but I really dont have the time to CC: you on everything. Sorry. :whistle2:(

Im curious, have you gone into your dashboard under LIVE and just filled out on the website what it has there? Id think if you match that screen up perfectly it *could* work. Of course I dont know but its worth a shot.

Ok, In order to move forward, we've had to set a deadline for people to claim their spots. Ive got plenty of alternates who would love a place in the league and I feel its unfair to them to keep holding on for some people to log into live and claim their space. So,

**Edit **Deadline passed. Reservations no longer held

If you do not join the league by then, I will offer your spot to the next person on the waiting list. At which point it will be first come first served. I dont feel this is unfair because Ive held spots for 4 days (and if you cant even log in in four days, what are the odds you ll play your games in a weeks time.) So, if you have yet to log in, DO IT! If you are having trouble PM me. Im sorry if anybody feels they're being treated unfairly but for the good of the league this must be done.

**Edit** Just sent warning PMs to all those who have yet to sign in

**Edit**

The league is already behind schedule and I dotn want to make it any moreso so anybody who wants to join is now free too. First come first served of course

League is: CAG NFL 2k5
Password: cag nfl

Shoot me a PM if you take a spot so I can send you the welcome PM with all the info yuo need.

Thanks
M

I know I'm new here, but the main reason I wanted to get Live and this game was to be in a league, so I'm in if you'll have me. I'll probably be the whipping boy with only a week or so of experience (2-3 record) under my belt, but oh well.

I joined as the Packers. My GT is MattYoung.

Sorry about never responding.....just don't have time for both leagues....thanks for cutting me. I shoudl've said something earlier.

Seeing as how I'm 1-5 in ranked games (every loss has come when I've used the Chargers) I'm feeling very unconfident. Any time I've played with a team OTHER than the Chargers, I've won. Ugh.

*Bump* because I want to get this show on the road.

And as far as winning and losing, this league is about fun guys. Dont worry too much about how good or bad you are, just learn and get better. Ill gladly train with you guys once I know youre committed to the league. And I have what I think could be a very cool idea for next season (but you guys gotta make it through the first to hear it ;))

Mike

Besides every leauge needs a Lions type team. lol :lol: Now I have to go weep bitterly in the corner since I've reminded myself of that, at least I have the Patriots.

Just want to thank all of the guys who are posting ideas on the league website. Some great ideas have already come in and Im sure you guys will have even more of them for me when we really get rolling.

Ok, well i double checked with everyone in the 2nd league and those who can do two are already in. We just gotta keep plugging and find one more person....preferably before I GO INSANE!!!!

bread's done
Back