******** Cag NFL 2k5 league thread - New and Improved!!! ********

Not quite sure if my connection bombed during the game or what but I lost connection during my game. I was losing 21-7 and just want to make sure that Eagle1Fox2 gets the win and everything is cool. Would have loved to finish the game, getting my butt kicked or not lol.

hehe, yeah it did bomb. I thought you'd be able to come back cuz I've seen it come back before w/ about 2 secs left. GG though, while it lasted anyway, lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Not quite sure if my connection bombed during the game or what but I lost connection during my game. I was losing 21-7 and just want to make sure that Eagle1Fox2 gets the win and everything is cool. Would have loved to finish the game, getting my butt kicked or not lol.[/quote]

Yeah, youre fine. I got word of it and its on the league website so we know what happened. Hope you can figure out whats up with your connection. Be a shame if you keep having troubles.

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Not quite sure if my connection bombed during the game or what but I lost connection during my game. I was losing 21-7 and just want to make sure that Eagle1Fox2 gets the win and everything is cool. Would have loved to finish the game, getting my butt kicked or not lol.[/quote]

Yeah, youre fine. I got word of it and its on the league website so we know what happened. Hope you can figure out whats up with your connection. Be a shame if you keep having troubles.[/quote]

Sad thing is I was on for an hour before the game, no problems at all. Guess it was just a once in a blue moon prob...at least I hope.

Well I've managed to kill my whole network! Can't log into the DSL modem or the two routers, and the modem won't connect me to the internet, despite all the lights saying everything's good. Looks like I'll have to call customer support or something.

:( He scored in the first quarter. then I kicked a FG in the 3rd I believe? Then I finally had a good field position, And the stupid guy I call a QB throws an interception :( and he scored about a minute later. it was sad. good game though craven

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well I've managed to kill my whole network! Can't log into the DSL modem or the two routers, and the modem won't connect me to the internet, despite all the lights saying everything's good. Looks like I'll have to call customer support or something.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me this morning--all I had to do was powercycle.

(unplug modem, replug after a minute or two)

[quote name='Matt Young']I've been wanting to play my game since day 1, but the first couple days, zewone was on Halo 2, and I haven't seen him on since. :([/quote]

[quote name='zewone']I haven't played in 3 days, and I really want to play. Anyone getting on soon? I'm sure some of you have the day off just like me.[/quote]

FYI, I think he might have been out of town and away from his beloved xbox.

When does the second week of games start?

Also, what happens if your opponent never shows for a game? Who gets the win and who gets the loss?

Where is our esteemed commish?

[quote name='sgs89']When does the second week of games start?[/quote]

as soon as this weeks games are played and the commish moves the schedule forward

[quote name='sgs89']Also, what happens if your opponent never shows for a game? Who gets the win and who gets the loss?[/quote]

if its a case on miscommunication, then no one should be stuck with the loss. but if its just a matter of the other team not making an effort, then the team that made the effort should be rewarded with the W.

[quote name='sgs89']Where is our esteemed commish?[/quote]

thats a good question, haven't seen him for a few days.

oh well sleep time.

This is fucking ridiculous now. Can we get the fucking games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?

[quote name='Rich']This is shaq-fuing ridiculous now. Can we get the shaq-fuing games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?[/quote]

Is Thursday cut off for 1st week? I forgot who gets to face the mighty NO Saints next, but I'm ready to play.

[quote name='Rich']This is shaq-fuing ridiculous now. Can we get the shaq-fuing games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?[/quote]

Damn, you need to calm down. You don't know why these games haven't been played. As a matter of fact I am scheduled to play our "commish" but haven't been able to find a good time to play. He has been having problems with CAG and he understood that I was out of town this weekend. So one of those 4 that "don't want to play" is actually the guy that got this thing together!!!

[quote name='Santurio'][quote name='Rich']This is shaq-fuing ridiculous now. Can we get the shaq-fuing games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?[/quote]

Damn, you need to calm down. You don't know why these games haven't been played. As a matter of fact I am scheduled to play our "commish" but haven't been able to find a good time to play. He has been having problems with CAG and he understood that I was out of town this weekend. So one of those 4 that "don't want to play" is actually the guy that got this thing together!!![/quote]

Considering this week was even longer than a normal one because we started on an odd day, and NOONE who hasn't played has made any effort to tell the rest of us, I feel justified.
If you have a reason for not playing, don't just let the rest of us wonder what the ufck is going on; tell us why so we're not here waiting a week for someone to play.

[quote name='Rich'][quote name='Santurio'][quote name='Rich']This is shaq-fuing ridiculous now. Can we get the shaq-fuing games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?[/quote]

Damn, you need to calm down. You don't know why these games haven't been played. As a matter of fact I am scheduled to play our "commish" but haven't been able to find a good time to play. He has been having problems with CAG and he understood that I was out of town this weekend. So one of those 4 that "don't want to play" is actually the guy that got this thing together!!![/quote]

Considering this week was even longer than a normal one because we started on an odd day, and NOONE who hasn't played has made any effort to tell the rest of us, I feel justified.
If you have a reason for not playing, don't just let the rest of us wonder what the ufck is going on; tell us why so we're not here waiting a week for someone to play.[/quote]

Actually if you look a few posts above one of your others I said:
"When do you want to play our game, SupaDupa?"
Now I don't know about you but that seemed to me that I was trying to get in contact with my opponent. Also, by posting that I was letting you guys know we hadn't played yet but were trying to get to it.

[quote name='Santurio'][quote name='Rich'][quote name='Santurio'][quote name='Rich']This is shaq-fuing ridiculous now. Can we get the shaq-fuing games in or at least throw the 4 people who don't feel like playing out?[/quote]

If you have a reason for not playing, don't just let the rest of us wonder what the ufck is going on; tell us why so we're not here waiting a week for someone to play.[/quote]

Actually if you look a few posts above one of your others I said:
"When do you want to play our game, SupaDupa?"
Now I don't know about you but that seemed to me that I was trying to get in contact with my opponent. Also, by posting that I was letting you guys know we hadn't played yet but were trying to get to it.[/quote]

Your explanation sucked ass. The least you could have said was "I've been trying to get in contact with supadupa and he hasn't responded yet."

Hell, if you're just asking him now, then you're a week too late.

First of all, I'm not trying to get in an argueing match with you because it's pointless. And you seem fine in tearing this league down so please by all means continue.

Now now folks no reason to be all at each others throats, this leauge is about FUN last time I checked. I don't think anyone would want the leauge to fall apart before we can finish it.

On the plus side I should have no problem continuing on with the leauge. After 3 hours on the phone with support, of which I could have told them what's wrong in 5 minutes, they're sending me a new modem in 3-5 days. So it'll be a couple days into the season's next week before I can play again probably so my opponent knows.

Personally, I am fired up to continue on in this league. I hope everyone will play their games soon so we can move on with the second week.

Strange that the Commish has disappeared -- he really seemed gung-ho about the league. Well, maybe he went out of town or something and will return in time to play his game before the week is up.

[quote name='sgs89']Personally, I am fired up to continue on in this league. I hope everyone will play their games soon so we can move on with the second week.

Strange that the Commish has disappeared -- he really seemed gung-ho about the league. Well, maybe he went out of town or something and will return in time to play his game before the week is up.[/quote]

He's still here he has just been busy. He has PM 'd me a few times and we will probably get our game on tonight.

Man, Rich- calm down. You say that no one has explained why they haven't played their games, but I have made several posts about that. I still haven't gotten a response from zewone about our game. He sent me a notice that he could play last Thursday, I believe, but I didn't receive it while he was still online.

Since then, we haven't been able to get in touch. Supposedly, he was away during the weekend, and I'm still waiting on a response to the PM I sent him.

Yeah guys, calm down. We'll get our games done and things will flow much faster in the future.
Santurio and I have been trying each and every night since he got back to play our game. Im so damn sick Im on a freaking inhaler/respirator so if anybody is at fault its me, not him.

And last time I checked, people didnt have to clear why theyve yet to play with anybody BUT the person they were to play. Then WHEN the deadline passed they would have to let me know (and Id let you guys know) what happened. Im sorry if you feel we are moving slowly. Im as much to blame as anybody else or maybe even MORESO. So go ahead. Flame me. Im sick but I sure as hell can take it.

M

I'm pissed because this week is longer than usual and people can't even get in their games within that time. What the hell does that say for future weeks? I'm pissed because I feel like I'm wasting my time if people aren't going to be able to play. I feel we, myself and the rest of the league, deserve an explanation as to why someone can't play. Now that I have it, I'm satisfied.

I understand completely. Believe me, I've been dying to get a game in, but it seems that zewone and I cannot connect at this moment. I'm hoping he sees this post or checks his PMs soon.

I talked to Z, hes trying too hook up with Matt ASAP. They ll work it out Im sure. Even if not, I think I can guess who would win and I dont think Matt would argue the fact ;)

[quote name='supadupacheap']I talked to Z, hes trying too hook up with Matt ASAP. They ll work it out Im sure. Even if not, I think I can guess who would win and I dont think Matt would argue the fact ;)[/quote]

Me. Angry fan storms the field and scores the TD!

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='sgs89']When does the second week of games start?[/quote]

as soon as this weeks games are played and the commish moves the schedule forward[/quote]

Correct

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='sgs89']Also, what happens if your opponent never shows for a game? Who gets the win and who gets the loss?[/quote]

if its a case on miscommunication, then no one should be stuck with the loss. but if its just a matter of the other team not making an effort, then the team that made the effort should be rewarded with the W.[/quote]

I couldnt agree more. Wins will be given to the person who tried hardest to make the game happen. If I cant determine that or they both were deadbeats :p Im going to flip a coin. Heads = Home wins. Tails = Away Wins

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='sgs89']Where is our esteemed commish?[/quote]

thats a good question, haven't seen him for a few days. [/quote]

Ive been around and am always a PM, email, aim,or smokesignal away.
:D

And for everybody's general knowledge. There is nothing "esteemed" about me. :wink:

Mike

[quote name='supadupacheap']
And for everybody's general knowledge. There is nothing "esteemed" about me. :wink:

Mike[/quote]

Except your abnormally large penis.

[quote name='Rich'][quote name='supadupacheap']

Mike[/quote]

Except your abnormally large penis.[/quote]

Stop sucking up! No I will NOT sim the last game so you can get to week 2 earlier :p :p :p

unless z and matt get on before CAG Halo 2 clan night, this game probably won't get played. so to matt and z, you know the drill, get this game played so this league can continue. and by guys, i am mainly talkin to z, nothing personal, but this is what you didn't want to happen and now its down to you, i've seen matt make effort, and i know your halo 2 obligations, but just try to get on here before halo 2 today. add matt to your friends list, if only for a day, but just to get this game out of the way.

on a lighter note, whomever has me week 2, pm me good times, before 9:30 EST, to play. i am generally up til 10 or so in the morning mon-thurs and almost always up all day on fridays, so let me know.

Matt is on my friends list. I'm availible all day. Just like I have been, except for the Halo 2 clan stuff. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue. I'm free.

Schedule has advanced. Week 2 is now a go.

Week 2

Indianapolis @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ St. Louis
Tampa Bay @ Denver
Philadelphia @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Dallas
Minnesota @ Atlanta
New Orleans @ Green Bay
Tennessee @ Seattle

[quote name='zewone']Matt is on my friends list. I'm availible all day. Just like I have been, except for the Halo 2 clan stuff. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue. I'm free.[/quote]

it wasn't anything personal z. you've got all the respect in the world from me, so don't worry. no arguing need. this has been moved forward to week 2. the commish and i are working through what to do about your game. if its at all possible, we're going to try to give you guys and extra day. if thats not possible, then we're stuck on this game. we'll resolve it and let you both know.

edit: and starman, if you're on tomorrow night for halo 2, we can hop off and get our game out of the way quickly and get back to halo. just let me know man...i'm easy to find

Ok, Ive had a really rough night but just so you guys dont tear each other apart while Im gone, Im going to make a small update.

At 12:20am I advanced the schedule. There is no way I can zero out a game or make it so it doesnt exist so I had to chose a winner. It was done by a best of three coin toss. Heads = Home team wins, Tails = Away team wins.

You guys can speculate all you want about it but thats exactly how it went down. And when Im left with no other choice, thats how it will be handled in the future.

As far as the rest of it, Craven and I havent really decided yet. When we do, we'll let you guys know.

Now, I need to address a few things craven said earlier. It is my understanding once a game is done and the week advanced, its done. No going back. I agonized over the decision to move forward but in the end, I felt like my number one responsibility is to the whole group, not a few individuals. By holding things up and extending the deadline without being given justifiable reason I felt it was punishing those who did play their games and were eagerly looking forward to the next. Plus. ten entire days passed without all the games getting played so an eleventh didnt neccessairly guarantee it would get done.

So thats where it stands. Agree or disagree with me, love me or hate me, I had to make a decision. I consulted owners of other leagues and thought and rethought what the best possible decison would be. In the end, this is what I came up with. Im sorry if anybody feels they are being treated unfairly but I had to do what I thought was best for the league.

Well thats it for now. If anybody needs me feel free to PM me and Ill get back to you as soon as I get up. Do your best not to kill each other in the meantime, ok?

M

[quote name='supadupacheap']Ok, Ive had a really rough night but just so you guys dont tear each other apart while Im gone, Im going to make a small update.

At 12:20am I advanced the schedule. There is no way I can zero out a game or make it so it doesnt exist so I had to chose a winner. It was done by a best of three coin toss. Heads = Home team wins, Tails = Away team wins.

You guys can speculate all you want about it but thats exactly how it went down. And when Im left with no other choice, thats how it will be handled in the future.

As far as the rest of it, Craven and I havent really decided yet. When we do, we'll let you guys know.

Now, I need to address a few things craven said earlier. It is my understanding once a game is done and the week advanced, its done. No going back. I agonized over the decision to move forward but in the end, I felt like my number one responsibility is to the whole group, not a few individuals. By holding things up and extending the deadline without being given justifiable reason I felt it was punishing those who did play their games and were eagerly looking forward to the next. Plus. ten entire days passed without all the games getting played so an eleventh didnt neccessairly guarantee it would get done.

So thats where it stands. Agree or disagree with me, love me or hate me, I had to make a decision. I consulted owners of other leagues and thought and rethought what the best possible decison would be. In the end, this is what I came up with. Im sorry if anybody feels they are being treated unfairly but I had to do what I thought was best for the league.

Well thats it for now. If anybody needs me feel free to PM me and Ill get back to you as soon as I get up. Do your best not to kill each other in the meantime, ok?

M[/quote]

Well handled man..

:notworth: :applause:

Sounds fair to me.

I have PM'd Maximo (my next opponent) on the website, so hopefully we will be able to play soon. Just let me know.

I was just upset because you try to make it seem like it was my fault, but I put in just as much effort in to trying to play the game. Whatever is your decision, I don't care, my stats and mattyoungs stats are gonna look shitty though. Since we missed out on a entire game.

[quote name='zewone']Who is Denver? They are not on the list on the 1st page.[/quote]

Bengals -Amusedtoe
Bills -SupaDupaCheap
Broncos -Eagle1Fox2
Bucs -Zewone[/quote]

Gamertag: BL1ght

AIM: rancidsprite

I see him on there all the time so if you cant find him through other channels, try there. :D

M

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='zewone']Who is Denver? They are not on the list on the 1st page.[/quote]

Bengals -Amusedtoe
Bills -SupaDupaCheap
Broncos -Eagle1Fox2
Bucs -Zewone[/quote]

I see him on there all the time so if you cant find him through other channels, try there. :D

M[/quote]

I'm a idiot. :oops: thanks.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='zewone']Who is Denver? They are not on the list on the 1st page.[/quote]

Bengals -Amusedtoe
Bills -SupaDupaCheap
Broncos -Eagle1Fox2
Bucs -Zewone[/quote]

M[/quote]

I'm a idiot. :oops: thanks.[/quote]

Don't worry. I was looking for Cincinnati and couldn't find it then realized it was done by team name.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='zewone']Who is Denver? They are not on the list on the 1st page.[/quote]

Bengals -Amusedtoe
Bills -SupaDupaCheap
Broncos -Eagle1Fox2
Bucs -Zewone[/quote]

M[/quote]

I'm a idiot. :oops: thanks.[/quote]

Nah, Ive missed some people before too. Nobody's perfect.

bread's done
Back