******** Cag NFL 2k5 league thread - New and Improved!!! ********

[quote name='amusedtoe']Besides every leauge needs a Lions type team. lol :lol: Now I have to go weep bitterly in the corner since I've reminded myself of that, at least I have the Patriots.[/quote]

considering i am the Saints, and i've never taken this game online...i am fully prepared to be the punching bag of this league...i don't want to be, but i am prepared.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Finally! PM supadupa? Sign on in. Let's get this going.[/quote]

Ive already PMed him all the info. Now its up to him to sign on. As soon as he does Ill generate the schedule and we can roll! :D

Oh and just FYI, Im kicking back the qtrs to 5 min. I figure its better for us to blow through this season, figure out who will play and who wont, then do a more "full" season next go around. Any objections feel free to LMK.

I would be more in favor of 7 minute quarters. That way, people can't really run out the clock as effectively (even though I know you have a rule against it). But, I understand your reason for wanting to have 5 minute quarters.

[quote name='sgs89']I would be more in favor of 7 minute quarters. That way, people can't really run out the clock as effectively (even though I know you have a rule against it). But, I understand your reason for wanting to have 5 minute quarters.[/quote]

Oh, you can bet your a$$ as soon as we've established who will play their games and who wont, im bumping up to 7. Our first "season" is more like a preseason. Once we get everything situated we'll make things serious.

[quote name='Matt Young']Arkay already joined as the Chargers.

Come on, guys! We need one more team![/quote]

Eh don't mind me. :roll: :cool:

The shorter quarters are fine by me too since I'm pretty anxious to play as well. Now I just have to get this bridge to start working right... /me starts kicking it :evil:

however it will be until 12:15-12:45 est. time tonight that I can sign into Live and get into your league but I would love to play as the Eagles.

ARRG, now the game itself is all screwy, oddly the only part are the XBox Live menus or I'd think it was the TV. They go all weird and flare out about a third of the way down. Anyone else run into this? Will fiddle around with it later hopefully it'll clear up.

Awesome! 0-8, here I come!

I need to pry myself away from my rediscovered love, NBA 2K5, and Resident Evil 4 to practice for my game with Zewone.

I keep sending zewone "Ready" notices (3 of them) but he continues to play Halo 2. :(

I want to get this league started, dammit. Quit shooting people, zewone. It's not nice. Let's play with balls instead.

Oh man are you in for some trouble with zewone. Last league Alstott was averaging 250yds rushing. Insane. He runs over everyone including DTs.

yo, supa, you forgot to put the guy with the eagles in the OP. just letting you know since thats who i play this week.

edit: son of a bitch, it figures i'd be the first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

edit 2: another interesting thing is i play 4 straight road games, now thats sucky.

i sent a "when do you want to play" message using the espn website to the my 1st week opponent. am i supposed to do anything else other than wait for his response? when does "week one" end, in other words is there a deadline that we have to play our first game by?

i am a totally new to sports leagues and this game (other than the single player), so bare with me.

Yep, now it's up to him to get together with ya to play. I thik supa mentioned that right now the last day of the week is Thursday.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Yep, now it's up to him to get together with ya to play. I thik supa mentioned that right now the last day of the week is Thursday.[/quote]

this thurs? that is a short week considering when the sched was just posted oh well. does the pm system onthe espn page save your messages to prove you attempted contact?

[quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

edit 2: another interesting thing is i play 4 straight road games, now thats sucky.[/quote]

I have 5 straight.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='amusedtoe']Yep, now it's up to him to get together with ya to play. I thik supa mentioned that right now the last day of the week is Thursday.[/quote]

this thurs? that is a short week considering when the sched was just posted oh well. does the pm system onthe espn page save your messages to prove you attempted contact?[/quote]

I think its NEXT thursday fellas so you can relax. Even I wont be able to get my game in by this thursday probably. And keep in mind that date is just a guideline We can adjust as needed.

[quote name='craven_fiend']yo, supa, you forgot to put the guy with the eagles in the OP. just letting you know since thats who i play this week.[/quote]

Yeah, keep getting smart with me young man and you ll see your OWN name disappear off that list. :lol:

*eagles added*

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

edit 2: another interesting thing is i play 4 straight road games, now thats sucky.[/quote]

I have 5 straight.[/quote]

if one is against me then you probably shouldn't be worrying too much

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

if one is against me then you probably shouldn't be worrying too much[/quote]

Oh, I know I'm winning at least 6; I just like being home....but now that I'm the G-Men instead of Colts, who cares. :)

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

Oh, I know I'm winning at least 6; I just like being home....but now that I'm the G-Men instead of Colts, who cares. :)[/quote]

i hope you don't consider me as one of the six, theres no tim thomas and an open lane in this game. but it'll be a monumental battle of wits and bits and all when i play you on here.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

Oh, I know I'm winning at least 6; I just like being home....but now that I'm the G-Men instead of Colts, who cares. :)[/quote]

i hope you don't consider me as one of the six, theres no tim thomas and an open lane in this game. but it'll be a monumental battle of wits and bits and all when i play you on here.[/quote]

Good. 80% of my games against quality opponents have been nail biters. I fucking love this game. May the best man win, and may I not throw 6 interceptions with Manning, with the 6th being on the opponents 10 with 20 seconds left down by 4 with 2 timesouts. :(

PS---how the fuck has noone played their games yet? I'm playing mine in 2 hours.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'] first one to have to play him, ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well.

i hope you don't consider me as one of the six, theres no tim thomas and an open lane in this game. but it'll be a monumental battle of wits and bits and all when i play you on here.[/quote]

Good. 80% of my games against quality opponents have been nail biters. I shaq-fuing love this game. May the best man win, and may I not throw 6 interceptions with Manning, with the 6th being on the opponents 10 with 20 seconds left down by 4 with 2 timesouts. :(

PS---how the shaq-fu has noone played their games yet? I'm playing mine in 2 hours.[/quote]

i've contacted maximo (TN) with no response. does the game forfeit or sim if he is a no show?

I contacted zewone on Tuesday, but he was playing Halo 2. I don't know if he just didn't receive my "ready" notice, since I've heard of that happening, or if he couldn't leave the game because of his clan obligations, which I didn't know about at the time.

Either way, we're working on setting up a time via PM.

[quote name='Matt Young']I contacted zewone on Tuesday, but he was playing Halo 2. I don't know if he just didn't receive my "ready" notice, since I've heard of that happening, or if he couldn't leave the game because of his clan obligations, which I didn't know about at the time.

Either way, we're working on setting up a time via PM.[/quote]

Yeah, I have clan Halo stuff going on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. If your available right now I am.

[quote name='RichD1']

PS---how the shaq-fu has noone played their games yet? I'm playing mine in 2 hours.[/quote]

Well my guy is/has gone out of town so thats my story. As for the rest of you guys. I dunno. I remember lots of complaints that I hadnt gotten the schedule up and now that its up, not much has happened. Hmm....

[quote name='amusedtoe']We're playing in 45 minutes so don't look at me. :p[/quote]

Oh I aint mad at all. Just saying what was on my mind. You guys are in the clear until next week. Then if you havent played, Ill be your worst nightmare. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[quote name='Rich']216 yards with Tiki Barber.
That is all.

Woohoo! Cheapy changed my name to Rich![/quote]

Hey dont forget about Ontarrio Smith. Hes second in the league right now!

I got 5 sacks in my game, each with different players all due to different blitz schemes, but to get them all with 1 player means:

The difficulty is ass. It's way too easy to get through with a D-Lineman on Pro, to run the ball with Pro (read: 230 total w/ Barber?) and noone can catch the ball, though they have a better shot on pro.

Wait a minute, here. The 6 sacks with Wistrom were all legit. No cheating (e.g., moving pre-snap), he is not a DT (which has the glitch), etc. Not my fault if the QB holds the ball too long.

[quote name='sgs89']Wait a minute, here. The 6 sacks with Wistrom were all legit. No cheating (e.g., moving pre-snap), he is not a DT (which has the glitch), etc. Not my fault if the QB holds the ball too long.[/quote]

Which is why I said: The difficulty is ass. I wasn't blaming it on you but the too easy difficulty. Next league better be all pro.

bread's done
Back