CAG NFL Season Discussion

When you healthy scratch your two outside WRs and you run plays for Vereen like he's a power back, Patriots only have themselves to blame.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday. Got lowest level Row 1 tickets at the Colts/Ravens game. Should be a good game.

Smith with the fumble, 3 and out on offense, and muffed punt by Jacoby Jones. What a start for the Ravens' offense

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewan's penalty was dumb...but I don't have a problem with the offsetting penalty to stick up for Locker. You've got a QB with a history of injury getting cheap shotted 5 yards deep in the end zone. That's dirtbag football, and they shouldn't let Cleveland get away with it.

Now, of course, Locker gets hurt anyway...on another late hit...in the pocket. The guy is loaded with talent, but he just has the worst luck ever. He just can't stay on the field long enough to ever prove himself. It's really unfortunate.

I'm talking about Lewan letting his emotions get the best of him and give the other team an advantage after scoring.

Late hit? Skrine is in the air as he throws. He just stupidly didn't do anything to stop himself when he came down to minimize the hit.

I don't know how the defense is playing this poorly coming out of the bye. It's like they didn't try at all to fix their run defense and now the DBs are making dumb mistakes to add on to the problems.

I'm talking about Lewan letting his emotions get the best of him and give the other team an advantage after scoring.

Late hit? Skrine is in the air as he throws. He just stupidly didn't do anything to stop himself when he came down to minimize the hit.

I don't know how the defense is playing this poorly coming out of the bye. It's like they didn't try at all to fix their run defense and now the DBs are making dumb mistakes to add on to the problems.
He was still flagged for roughing the passer. So, at least the refs felt that what he did wasn't necessary.

But Lewan...yeah, no idea why he felt things needed to pop off again. Rookie mistake, I guess.

Really need to see that last illegal contact call because they showed the guy they called it on, and he didn't do anything. Ultimately, these are two shitty teams...and watching them play is a bit like watching the Special Olympics...but still, that was a big penalty.

This is just a bunch of insanity that has taken the form of a football game, though I missed the INT, three big penalties, and ejection play that gave the Browns a second chance. The Browns are now down by less than a TD with under seven minutes to go. 

How did Mike Glennon not get the starting job from the beginning of the season? Was Lovie Smith so in love with the old McCown that he couldn't just let the young guy have a shot?

The pretender bow,l whoever wins we lose. That last mins of the game was a competition on who wants to outchoke the other. Houston with no sense of urgency at all with play calls that would make Kubiak envious.

You know your secondary is bad when you make Travis Benjamin look like a good WR. This is a guy that CBS announcers thought was a rookie when he got his first TD catch this season. It's his third season in the league.

You know your secondary is bad when you make Travis Benjamin look like a good WR. This is a guy that CBS announcers thought was a rookie when he got his first TD catch this season. It's his third season in the league.
That's only because Browns fans are the only ones who pay attention to the Browns.

lmao...kudos to the Browns. They didn't give up. But the Titans also shot themselves in the foot about a hundred times. And this is where I check out on this NFL season. When a team has the game in the bag and can't even do the smart things to maintain control, I just can't waste 3 hours every Sunday watching their ineptitude.

It's also hilarious to me that fans around here just totally shit on Jake Locker too because he's the only thing that gets that offense moving at all. Kendall Wright and Delanie Walker are phenomenal receivers...but if your QB can't ever find them except on 2 yard screen plays, you're not going to move the ball. Whitehurst looked like a scared middle schooler back there most of the time. And I can't blame Locker for not staying healthy. Yes, he runs the ball a lot...but most of his injuries have come in the pocket. That's just shitty, horrible luck.

Best of luck to you guys who are fans of good teams. On to hockey season.

Just got back from the Colts/Ravens game. That was brutal to watch at times, it was loud as hell too.

Interesting bit I was just informed of by my brother. There was a guy on the Ravens sideline who took our picture before game. Apparently it was posted on the Ravens twitter. Very cool.

I get so pumped every year for the Falcons to do as good or better as we did in 2012, but it just never happens. (Damn, I miss number 88.)  Hopefully, the Dawgs will favor a better season than the Dirty Birds. The Falcons' defense is damn near nonexistent. 

does sherman ever have to guard a quality receiver?
Thank you. So tired of him being elevated to this god-like status. Great player, but not nearly as great as he thinks he is and not worthy of the attention he gets. I remember people were fawning over the fact that Green Bay did not throw one ball to his side of the field in Week 1. He was guarding Jarret Boykin, though. Congrats, you shut down a team's 3rd or 4th WR...

After two slow drives, the Browns come to life with a great TD drive in response to the Steelers' bad FG snap. 7-3 Browns.

CBS obviously hates this Browns/Steelers game. I've never seen so many cuts away from a game to show "more exciting" happenings around the league. They've shown at least three of Baltimore's touchdowns and nearly missed this big TD to Jordan Cameron for the latest cutaway. CBS needs to stop fucking around and show us the game they've promised us.

Alex Mack injured his ankle and had to leave the game via cart. I hope this doesn't cause a collapse of the O-line since he and Joe Thomas are the leaders of that group since Alex has been in every snap for his six years with the team. He's even played with a burst appendix and had an appendectomy during the bye following it without missing a beat, so this is huge for him.

Edit: A big TD run for Ben Tate seems to show that the offensive line will be all right. Veteran OL John Grecco took over for Mack at C.

Another TD run by Ben Tate and the game is great so far. Buster Skrine has been playing out of his mind with a number of big deflections and an INT.

Big Ben and his receivers are out of sync. They won't mount a comeback without that.

Part of the new crossflex scheduling rule. If the NFL feels like the network that has the conference rights to a particular game isn't broadcasting it to enough homes, they can put it on the other network.
Darryl Johnston is one of the worst broadcasters, making this game tough to listen to.

The Browns played extremely well today and deserve to be proud of a Pittsburgh blowout. This could snowball into some great momentum as they face Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay over the next three weeks.

Wow... that Packers comeback was incredible. 27-24 victory in Miami on a Rodgers TD pass to Andrew Quarless with 3 seconds remaining.

Glad to hear Ben Tate played well, Frisky. I picked him up as an injury replacement in fantasy and started him this week.

Ok so thats a tough loss to my steelers. Kinda glad I didnt have to watch that mess now. Im in tennesse for the week and they had the titians game on. The other bad thing was I couldnt even listen to the game on iheart radio either.

The Browns played extremely well today and deserve to be proud of a Pittsburgh blowout. This could snowball into some great momentum as they face Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay over the next three weeks.
Should win all those games. The biggest question to me right now with Cleveland... What do you do with Manziel? Probably should trade him at this point, Hoyer looks pretty legit.

Should win all those games. The biggest question to me right now with Cleveland... What do you do with Manziel? Probably should trade him at this point, Hoyer looks pretty legit.
There's no reason to get rid of him. For a team that's had as much trouble finding a good long-term solution at the QB position, why should they limit their options when one seems to fit the bill? It's not like they're paying Johnny Manziel a lot of money, so they don't need to rush him when he still has plenty to learn about running an offense out of the huddle.

Giants don't...at all...

EDIT: Not sure if that game could have possibly gone any worse. Completely and utterly dominated. Lost Cruz for the year. And the Cowboys next week. Peace out, New York football for 2014...

FOX has already removed MIke Goldberg from calling the NFL after he worked one game. He was seriously terrible. He also got pretty vulgar with dudes on Twitter when they blasted him.

And just when things seemed all positive for the Cowboys, Joseph Randle gets busted for shoplifting cologne and underwear.

Burfict got a slap on the wrist fine of $25,000 for twisting ankles after the play is over.

It's going to be fun watching the Cowboys end up 8-8 if the Michael Sam distraction ever kicks in.

bread's done
Back