CAG NHL 2K6 Xbox 360 League ***WEEK 3***

http://online.2ksports.com/help?s=drafts

I suggested the draft because I thought it would be interesting and would any another aspect to the league. It would make it more like an individual league with the players you selected. However, you can still do a live draft and not be present. You would simply either pre-rank the players you want OR can have the computer automatically do it for you. The Fantasy hockey on Yahoo Sports does this. I;m in a league that had a live draft, I wasn't present, did not rank my players, but am currently 3rd out of 20 teams.

Anyways, at least I got the game ($44.99 at Best Buy)

[quote name='jm2u']I also would not like to do a draft that I have to be present for.[/QUOTE]

I'd love a draft, if each team started out with their current rosters, and you draft everyone else. But, I don't think thats possible.

Hey I am now adding everyone to my friends list, anyone up for some practice games or something before we do this league? If so, tell me because I am definitely wanting to play some hockey.

I might be available later tonight. I think I just have to straighten out my live account on my 360.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Hey I am now adding everyone to my friends list, anyone up for some practice games or something before we do this league? If so, tell me because I am definitely wanting to play some hockey.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TJordan522']Thanks for the setting suggestions. I'll create the league this weekend.[/QUOTE]

One more thing I haven't seen yet, can you make sure you have all of the icing, OT, and two line pass rules like they are now with the new NHL rules?

And awesome game tonight dcv2002, I thought you were going to win there for a minute. I just got really lucky on that last shot. Oh, and nice hat trick too. Do you not have a mic for Live or do you just prefer not to use it on that game or something?

My offer from yesterday still stands..if anyone wants to play a game or two before the league starts up then let me know. There's a Preds game tonight so I'll be gone from 6-10 pm (central), but any other time is good.

no for me on the draft idea. I'll go with whatever else the league decides, although i don't see a problem with the default speed. An increase in speed would make it more arcade to me, but again whatever the masses want.

Alright, I just sent out PMs to everyone who expressed interest in the league to confirm their participation. Once I get a solid number, I will start up the league. It may take a day or two to hear back from everyone...we'll see.

I replied. I am in no ways a great NHL player but I would practice and play a bit more for you guys. I picked the Rangers don't know if anyone picked them, otherwise I'll play as pretty much anyone.

If It's one or two games a week I can get into this, not sure how a league works never been in one.

The times im avaible is random. Weekdays I'm usually avaible after 6pm eastern all the way till 11pm eastern. Weekends it always varries, and theres one weekday a week that i have to work till 10pm.

[quote name='Santurio']If the Dallas Stars become available I'll take them.[/QUOTE]

Wow....three people want the Stars. Are you sure you don't want to play as another team? We could use a new member...

[quote name='TJordan522']Alright, I just sent out PMs to everyone who expressed interest in the league to confirm their participation. Once I get a solid number, I will start up the league. It may take a day or two to hear back from everyone...we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I'm still interested in playing.

Alright...we have 10 confirmed players, and we are waiting on 3. We need an even number of teams, so hopefully one person never confirms or we get one new person. Perhaps Santurio will be willing to play as a team besides Dallas.

Ok, since someone took the only worthwhile team in the game already, the soon to be stanly cup champion dallas stars, i will play with the florida panthers.. my gamer tag is Tdk721

I have a question however.
Is there any chance of making everyone play with Auto shot aiming, there is a bug with the goalie save animations where you can manually aim for the top corners of the net while the goaile is still in the stand up position and they will not do the right save animations. In case anyone was wondering how all of the scoring leaders on xbox live have shooting %'s of 40%..

Also, Fantasy draft or any other setting changes are fine with me.

[quote name='billyG']BTW, Nashville wouldn't be doing so hot if they didn't play in the worst division in the history of pro sports.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa - those are fighting words. Detroit, Columbus and St. Louis aren't exactly the easiest teams in the world.

[quote name='billyG']I have a question however.
Is there any chance of making everyone play with Auto shot aiming, there is a bug with the goalie save animations where you can manually aim for the top corners of the net while the goaile is still in the stand up position and they will not do the right save animations. In case anyone was wondering how all of the scoring leaders on xbox live have shooting %'s of 40%.[/QUOTE]

I have to say ditto to this question also, if you dont want to to turn shot aim to "auto" has anybody tried turning shot accuracy all the way down but keeping it on "manual"? Has that helped solve the goalie glitch at all?

auto aim is fine by me....is that why some dude last night score 7 goals in the first period on me...7 shots...7 goals...should've been easy saves too...I thought I just really sucked..

[quote name='billyG']
BTW, Nashville wouldn't be doing so hot if they didn't play in the worst division in the history of pro sports.[/QUOTE]

Beating Detroit in back to back nights at their place isn't "so hot"? Beating the Avalance twice here isn't "so hot"? We've also beaten the Flames twice, who are having a great year. Plus, if you want to get technical, the Southeast Division is actually the worst. Oh, and someone remind me who had the 8 game undefeated streak at the beginning of the year??

btw....
http://www.dallasstars.com/gameday/previous.jsp?id=3654

How is the southeast worse then the central? Last time I checked the central has 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NHL point wise. Looks like someone needs to be reminded who lost 5 straight games after that 8 game fluke to start the year.

From the power rankings:
26) Columbus Blue Jackets : That the Blue Jackets are 26th in our power rankings—yet ahead of two division rivals—means the Red Wings and Predators are enjoying the NHL's easiest schedules by a wide margin.

[quote name='billyG']How is the southeast worse then the central? Last time I checked the central has 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NHL point wise. Looks like someone needs to be reminded who lost 5 straight games after that 8 game fluke to start the year.

From the power rankings:
26) Columbus Blue Jackets : That the Blue Jackets are 26th in our power rankings—yet ahead of two division rivals—means the Red Wings and Predators are enjoying the NHL's easiest schedules by a wide margin.[/QUOTE]

Look at the records, stats, and schedules of the SE Division then you'll see. And it doesn't matter what league we're in..if we can kick the crap out of Detroit and the Avs then we are a legit team. Anyways, take the trash talk to the ice: join the league.

I have a mike. I heard you a couple of times, maybe I had it on mute.

Satan's a keeper on my team.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']One more thing I haven't seen yet, can you make sure you have all of the icing, OT, and two line pass rules like they are now with the new NHL rules?

And awesome game tonight dcv2002, I thought you were going to win there for a minute. I just got really lucky on that last shot. Oh, and nice hat trick too. Do you not have a mic for Live or do you just prefer not to use it on that game or something?[/QUOTE]

Alright, I just got confirmation from starkmask2k3 (he chose the Kings), and billyG changed his team from the Panthers to the Flyers. Once I hear back from Lyric706 I can create the league.

OK, the league is set up. I used your guys setting suggestions. I also set penalties at :36 seconds (the same ratio as 2 minute penalty/20 minute periods versus :36/6:00 periods) since we have real time, non accelerated 6 minute periods.

The rest of the settings are viewable on the league site:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=7396
I will be updating the league site shortly so it's more fun to go to.

You can sign into the league through your 360. Please try to do this as soon as possible, although I know a few of you are waiting on the mail for your systems and games.

League name: CAGHL 360
Password: caghl360

weird...ok I tried twice to sign into the league and both times the 360 froze on me??? Anyone else having problems? Hopefully I'm just having a bad night or something and it'll work like tomorrow.

update: scratch that, I just signed in from the 2K Sports website. I'm in!:cool:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']weird...ok I tried twice to sign into the league and both times the 360 froze on me??? Anyone else having problems? Hopefully I'm just having a bad night or something and it'll work like tomorrow.

update: scratch that, I just signed in from the 2K Sports website. I'm in!:cool:[/QUOTE]

I tried three times and all 3 times my 360 froze up on me also. I cant figure out how to sign up through the 2k6 website.

EDIT-*Nevermind I figured it out*

I joined the league and made a test post in the general forum.
Picked the Rangers, by Wednesday or Thursday I can get my first game going. I'll be busy Monday and Tuesday.

[quote name='dafoomie']Is hitting power normally at 25%, or is that way down?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's what the default was set at. I can bump it up a bit if you want.

I signed up online since my 360 is still in repair....I'm hoping to get it back today or tomorrow....Wednesday at the latest...we'll see how quick MS ships it back.

[quote name='TJordan522']Nope, that's what the default was set at. I can bump it up a bit if you want.[/QUOTE]
It seems low, but I haven't played the 360 version, so I couldn't tell you how it is. Could it go up one notch without being rediculous?

[quote name='dafoomie']It seems low, but I haven't played the 360 version, so I couldn't tell you how it is. Could it go up one notch without being rediculous?[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure...we can always bump it up a notch after the first week if it was too low during the games.

bread's done
Back