CAG NHL 2K6 Xbox 360 League ***WEEK 3***

Am I alone in saying that this product absolutely, completely, 100% sucks? There are so many bugs, its unbelievable. I regret the purchase.

I noticed for the league setting that Penalties is Off. What's "Flexible Schedule?" There's no entry for Icing. Also, what about bumping up the Fatigue setting (for more fatigue)

[quote name='dafoomie']Am I alone in saying that this product absolutely, completely, 100% sucks? There are so many bugs, its unbelievable. I regret the purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's not THAT bad, maybe a slowdown here or there but other than that it's fine.

[quote name='dcv2002']I noticed for the league setting that Penalties is Off. What's "Flexible Schedule?" There's no entry for Icing. Also, what about bumping up the Fatigue setting (for more fatigue)[/QUOTE]

Custom penalty length is off..meaning we can't change the norm length of a penalty. Flexible schedule means that the games revolve around us, like that there is no specific date we all have to play on..we choose when we play the games. Icing is most likely default, just for some reason it won't show up.

How did this game get past QA...

Its not so much the gameplay thats buggy, though the goalies are a serious issue, they have other problems aside from the high shots when they're standing, but thats the biggest one.

Every time I leave a game, whether its quitting or the end of the game, it says loading and doesn't go anywhere. Its not a hard freeze, like it is when you try to log into the league (also a bad bug), but I have to restart.

When you do custom soundtracks, the songs don't stop until either another song plays, or the song ends. My goal song will play for about 5 minutes after the next faceoff. Even when they're not custom, the loading screen song carries into the game. Sometimes, often when the opening song plays, the music will just stop, and not come back unless you restart. They'll also play the organ music on top of your song during breaks (which, for me, is more organ music).

Well, I'm logged into the league, I think.

I checked the settings...penalities are now on, I have no idea how they got switched off. Like I said, I set the penalties at 36 seconds, because we have real time 6 minute periods. Now, the penalty time/period time ratio is the same as a real NHL game.

Also, I turned flexible schedule on, so if one week everybody gets their games played before the 7 day period, I can go ahead and advance the schedule or in rare cases, extend it by a day or so.

[quote name='dcv2002']I noticed for the league setting that Penalties is Off. What's "Flexible Schedule?" There's no entry for Icing. Also, what about bumping up the Fatigue setting (for more fatigue)[/QUOTE]

I checked, and icing is turned on.

When I made the league, I bumped up fatigue around 10-15%. If after the first few weeks we decide this isn't enough, I can raise it some more.

Well, I got my 360back, but now I cannot connect to XBOX Live (see other thread). Hopefully the league doesn't start TOO soon, or I may be S.O.L..

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I got my 360back, but now I cannot connect to XBOX Live (see other thread). Hopefully the league doesn't start TOO soon, or I may be S.O.L..[/QUOTE]

Alright, keep us updated...hopefully you can get it fixed in time. Not a huge rush since we are still waiting on a few people to sign in also.

Who is up for hockey. I'll be on till 10pm eastern.

Bastards I waited for u all no one showed :p I'll be working 12-9 today so no go today.

[quote name='dafoomie']

Every time I leave a game, whether its quitting or the end of the game, it says loading and doesn't go anywhere. Its not a hard freeze, like it is when you try to log into the league (also a bad bug), but I have to restart.

[/QUOTE]
It is dumb that I can't play a season because of this bad, bad bug. I haven't played a game that didn't freeze up @ the end of the game.

Well, hopefully I'll be on by then. I'm still in XBOX LIVE limbo. Waiting for my system to be fixed....they told me 72 hours (again). So, I understand if you have to move on w/o me.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes we know your 360 doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh...I just wanted to give an update. I was being nice unlike the 4 other people who didn't sign in. I talked to MS today...so it was an UPDATE.

[quote name='doubledown']Sheesh...I just wanted to give an update. I was being nice unlike the 4 other people who didn't sign in. I talked to MS today...so it was an UPDATE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know you update us with every new post you make :)
Sorry I'm just being an ass.

Alright...I haven't heard from any of the remaining 4 teams yet. They have one day or else I'm making it a 10 team league.

Thanks for the updates doubledown.

It seems now we have 15 team owners not 14 there are 13 teams signed in now with 2 still missing(Dallas Stars and L.A. Kings).

Oh, I was looking at the wrong screen to see who joined. My apologies.

It looks like 2 people have joined that weren't in the original lineup of 14 teams. Should I bump the teams up to 16 or leave the two people out who were too slow to join?

[quote name='jaa1311']I say lets get started. if they havent joined yet it is their problem and probably dont plan on joining anyway[/QUOTE]

Alright, let's get it started.

Alright, here's this week's schedule. You have 7 days to get your games in!

Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings
San Jose Sharks @ New York Islanders
Washington Capitals @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Philadelphia Flyers
Atlanta Thrashers @ Pittsburgh Penguins
New Jersey Devils @ Colorado Avalanche

I updated the top story on the official league site.

Good luck everyone!

And to those of you who don't have your Xboxes/games yet, don't worry. There are 7 days to play your games.

I can play my first game anytime tomorrow or after 9pm during the week.

Anyone wanna get some preseason games going tonight?

I sent out a few trade offers to three teams(Caps,NYR, and Flyers), and I should be free to play most days after 4:30 pm est this week.

p.s.
I checked the league settings and I think pass accuracy needs to be turned down a bit and the one-timers need to be set to hard.

Awesome job getting all the teams together. Monsta Mack, I'll send you messages on the 360 all week until we find a time to play. I'm sure that since we've played 6-7 games the past two days then it should be easy for us to get our game done within 7 days.

also: I think it's funny that the group of people made a big deal about being the Stars, and it turns out that there is no Stars team for us, haha.

[quote name='ajh2298']I sent out a few trade offers to three teams(Caps,NYR, and Flyers), and I should be free to play most days after 4:30 pm est this week.

p.s.
I checked the league settings and I think pass accuracy needs to be turned down a bit and the one-timers need to be set to hard.[/QUOTE]

We'll see how week one goes. If people are scoring a crazy amount of one-timer goals, we'll tinker with the settings.

played a couple preseason games with pyro and xecutioner...good games...

where are the Flyers at?? I can't get the guy to add me to the friends list so we can have wk 1 game...

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']

also: I think it's funny that the group of people made a big deal about being the Stars, and it turns out that there is no Stars team for us, haha.[/QUOTE]
I think it is funny that nashville got dominated once again this past week by the stars, and then two times by detriot, before beating up on a sub .500 team like they have all year.

[quote name='billyG']I think it is funny that nashville got dominated once again this past week by the stars, and then two times by detriot, before beating up on a sub .500 team like they have all year.[/QUOTE]

what the hell man, this is forum is for GAMES, if you want to continue your anti Preds rant go to the Vs Forum. You know as well as I do that the Preds have a legit chance at making it deep in the playoffs, quit whining and quit posting your Stars crap in this thread.

Does anybody know if there was a recent roster update, in the past few days. I seem to be missing a few players Konstantin Koltsov, Rico Fata, and Tomas Surovy, but I still have Mario, Ziggy Palffy, and Aleksey Morozov. I know Fata was just picked up by the Thrashers on waivers but he is not on their roster either. The last roster I downloaded from XBL was for the middle of December has there been a more recent one.

p.s.
I cant get on-line for awhile to check about the roster update.

p.s.s.
I even still have Dick Tarnstrom and he was traded a few weeks ago(1/26/06) to the Oilers for Jani Rita and Cory Cross.

Fata was sent to the minors when this roster version was made, he's not on anyones roster.

With these online rosters, its hit and miss with the bubble players. There were a number of 4th liners on the regular roster that I didn't get to have.

So San Jose and NYI played the inaugural game last night. Couple of things I noticed:

1. Penalties are 2:00 real time. That's a long time for 6:00 periods. I thought this was changed.
2. I think fatigue needs to be set higher. My 4th line was on the ice for a total of 4 seconds. San Jose's didn't make it.
3. I didn't realize that shot aim was to be set to Auto, sorry about that.
4. And Rick DiPietro still sucks (I wish we had Luongo)

how is this game???? I played a little of it at EB cuz they had it used, so I popped it in... not impressed at all.. maybe I didn't get into it far enough

I agree with the penalty thing, power plays were way too long. Don't worry about the auto aim thing, good thing it was noticeable on the first shot or who knows how long we would have played it with like that.
I don't know if you noticed this, but I thought the puck was getting stuck a little bit too much on the corners, it seemed like it would come to a complete stop in a hurry.

[quote name='Pyro82']I agree with the penalty thing, power plays were way too long. Don't worry about the auto aim thing, good thing it was noticeable on the first shot or who knows how long we would have played it with like that.
I don't know if you noticed this, but I thought the puck was getting stuck a little bit too much on the corners, it seemed like it would come to a complete stop in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i guess. I did notice that on icing that the puck wouldn't wrap around the back of the net like always.

bread's done
Back