CAG Premium Insider Membership Program - APRIL FOOLS!

[quote name='nickmad']man, i was about to go into a BS rant, then i remembered what today was.
touche.[/quote]

second that

[quote name='Apossum']I'm really surprised people fell for it :lol:

Not as surprised as when people fell for that other A_pril f_ools gag with the secret moderator forum. The meltdowns were excellent.[/QUOTE]

Details please? I must have missed that one.

[quote name='io']Details please? I must have missed that one.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy made the "mod forum" visible to all users. There were fake threads for secret deals and some hating on certain CAG members.

There was also a glitch that turned some regular users (including myself) into mods. It scared quite a few people.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Cheapy made the "mod forum" visible to all users. There were fake threads for secret deals and some hating on certain CAG members.

There was also a glitch that turned some regular users (including myself) into mods. It scared quite a few people.[/QUOTE]

Sounds funny - what was that in 2004 or something? I guess it could have been my first year (2005) and I just missed it.

Man, I was going to hire a ninja to stop this madness... thank god I realized about the joke before making the phone call... really good one cheapy... I got my friends car towed away by another friend as my biggest joke today, nothing compared to yours...

If this site is Cheapassgamer, then with this it would become Greedassgamer right?

Nice one cheapyD!!!

You almost caught me!!!!

[quote name='io']Sounds funny - what was that in 2004 or something? I guess it could have been my first year (2005) and I just missed it.[/QUOTE]

I think it was 2005. 2004 was the Best Buy buyout.

WTF! This site is amazing because it helps people save money. If u charge money it completely defeats the purpose! Who wants to pay $100 a year for a website!

I DISLIKE THIS IDEA FOR THE FREE MEMBERS!!!!!

So, according to the rules, if I have 3 leads for the community, I can only post one a day????

So if I found a website that gave away money, a site that had a huge discount on a movie, and a new gaming magazine, i would have to make a thread that somehow contained all 3 of them????

I think "guests" should at least be able to post 3-5 threads a day. I know I will post in a thread to checkpoint a deal so i can easily find it again in my CP. Or just to thank someone. To be limited to one a day is laughable and would draw me away from this site.

[quote name='HotShotX']For a $100/year membership, Wombat had better be showing up to my apartment in person, wearing a handsome tuxedo, with a limousine, and taking me out to a romantic dinner.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
i dont think wombat is into getting a love knife.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Cheapy made the "mod forum" visible to all users. There were fake threads for secret deals and some hating on certain CAG members.

There was also a glitch that turned some regular users (including myself) into mods. It scared quite a few people.[/QUOTE]

They were talking about flipping games at wal-mart and people were crying man tears over it. Classic!

Ah, Apr 1 the day where you just go out and avoid all confusion. This had me for a few secs, but I can't be the only one who skipped right to the premium level to see the benefits.

I'll admit, you had me. But then I remembered the fact that we're all cheapasses and all the bs in the platinum one. Other than that, it could have been pretty damn solid.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm shocked that anyone would fall for this. I mean, c'mon![/QUOTE]

There are some of us who think it should happen.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wow. I actually forgot it was fuck fuck. I was really pissed off for a minute there.[/quote]

That. I didn't even realize it until I scrolled down and read someone's "Thanks for reminding me it's ShaqFu ShaqFu's day". Then I got it!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']There are some of us who think it should happen.[/quote]

and they should be ashamed to call themselves cheapasses

[quote name='computerdude1032']better be an april fools joke. If this is serious I am done with your site. Google provides better deals and a better website format anyway.[/quote]
HAHA!

Wow, I've been online since 4 reading april fools day things and I come here and absolutely dropped. At first I thought it was a bad idea but not against it till I saw that the CAGcast came two days earlier if you were a platnium member. Then I got upset and jetted into the forum and then I realized what a tool for CAG I am.

I'll be honest, you got me. I was pretty appalled at the fees, and I was anxious to see what others were saying, then.....

It's okay, won't get me next year.

This got me for a few minutes until I entered this thread to see the reaction from other CAGs. Funny thing is I was just thinking about this the other day. I was wondering if Cheapy would ever consider doing this since so many other sites do it as a way to generate revenue.

Nicely done.

I can't say I fell for it (after I saw Google Paper last night I'm not believing anything I see online today), but it was nicely played out. Good work.

This aint cool cheapy. Im mean really this is cheapassgamer.com not richassgamer.com. Really isnt fair to a lot of the porrer members.

Booo,
Mike

[quote name='miktau']This aint cool cheapy. Im mean really this is cheapassgamer.com not richassgamer.com. Really isnt fair to a lot of the porrer members.

Booo,
Mike[/quote]

If you haven't noticed, it's 4/01.

bread's done
Back