CAG Premium Insider Membership Program - APRIL FOOLS!

[quote name='screwkick']Time to delete CAG from my bookmarks page...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm not sure how I feel about this. Initially I feel a bit betrayed like if my sister were to become a stripper my favourite strip club. Unfortunatly in this senario there are not alternate CAG sites to which I might go.

I guess I can live with it except for the $50/year for "Can have avatar and signature". That's just rediculous.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Doesn't this program defeat the purpose of the name "Cheap Ass Gamer"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGIronMan']Im sorry Cheapy, but this sucks. How am I supposed to pay? Im 15. And I'm not exactly on the rich side...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Oxybeles']While the concept should not be ruled out in its entirety, I believe that the benefits should be heightened to provide a better value for the money.

The cost of a Gold Membership should be lowered to $25.00. The Platinum Membership to $50 and a Diamond Membership added for $100.00. Also consider offering a Lifetime Membership for $250-$500.00.

However, the missing element is that of the exclusivity of content, which correlates to the pricing tiers. I would investigate special discounts from some of the independent companies for the Platinum and Diamond members. This could be a yearly coupon, such as free shipping ore exclusive sales. I believe that when you charge as much as XBox Live, there should be some special benefit, aside from an avatar and a Tokyo tour. A tour by Cheapy is not to be scoffed at, but let's be real, how many people are going to travel to Tokyo?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']You mother fucker. I Fell line and sinker for this one, even the trip to Tokyo. LOL.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='linkmon']Unless this is an April Fools joke, many of us CAG's will be looking elsewhere for our deals now.

Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Sorry, but I don't see myself paying for forum posts.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I heard a rumor that the 4chon Diamond accounts will be able to access the premium stuff here at no charge.

Raptor Jeebus?

Bah! It's an April Fool's joke?! I - just - sent an inquiry on the "Gold membership." Son of a...

In all seriousness, though, I'd be willing to pay for membership with perks. CAG has over 100,000 members (over 30,000 active members) and tons of constant traffic. The bandwidth bill must be huge. O_O;

So via the cheapass way if I went a few months the price will drop right or at least next april fools it will i assume the tour of Japan would have been nice though...

You son of a bitch. I'm not leaving the house today. In fact, I think I'm giving up the internet until tomorrow. CAG is the first page I check in the morning, and I totally fell for it. I give you credit for a job well done, but then I take it away for making me shit a brick :)

What is this shit? WHAT IS THIS SHIT??

Just like back when you and Wombutt were pimping Gun at the 360 launch, I knew that your master plan was all about the well-timed sellout, building and building 'cred', then using that 'cred' against the very people that made you what you are today!! I came to this site because it was everything that just every other gaming site was NOT. Well, clearly, that was a charade of sincerity and 'counterprogramming'; today marks the day the CheapAssGamin' died. I'm sure you'll get some lemmings and zealots who just can't wait to 'pay to play'...hell, I'll bet they feel like it's another "deal"!

I loved the CAG community almost as much as they loved me, particularly my Nintendo-lovin' brothers. But after this news, fuck this place, I'm never posting here again! Good riddance, SleazyD!! And good luck explaining this to my peers and stalwart fans!!

Cheapy, can I get Centurion membership for $1,000 a year? I don't want to be grouped in with the mere Platinum members, GROSS. Black card all the way, baby.

I'm already looking forward to the private tour of Tokyo, don't worry I will pick up all the tabs, but don't take me to any crap places. And I expect some sweet Cheapy shwag, a lot more than a mere signed headshot. At the very least a nice frame for it.

Seriously though, this was a good one.

[quote name='taint mcgee']This better be april fools. Or ill stop comin' here i hate this idea. Real Cheap idea.[/quote]

...its a joke

[quote name='MRJESUS925']i was pissed off about this for about 30 min, until i looked at the calendar.
:applause:[/quote]

I probably would've fallen for it too, if not for the fact that I'd been planning these types of things myself for the last couple days.

It took me 2 minutes to realize this goes against everything you stand for. Hell it goes against the title of the site. Funny AS SHIT THOUGH

My favorite is !
Can download CAGcast 2 days early

I'm starting the Mrs. Cheapy handjob world tour date list. Remember, you can only get on the list if you pay your Platinum membership by 9pmEST.

1. McAllen, TX - tiredfornow

(just quote my post, delete the 2nd half and add your address to the end)[quote name='xGunCrazyx']LOL
happy april fools day![/quote]

LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

SUPER HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY TO YOU TOO@

Well if it is April Fool's (we all know it is) they nailed me. I wasn't even thinking that until I started reading the thread. I'm such a dumbass!!

Good one, Cheapy. Your prank proves what I've been saying for years. fuck positive April Fool's jokes--too good to be true stuff, that turns out to be a stunt. When that works, it's like someone pulls the rug out from under you at the end, and you're left feeling like shit. Your stunt, which I categorize as a negative one, works much better. It hurts when it hits you, but in the end, the sheer relief leaves you with a good feeling, and you toast the prankster. Cheers, Mr. D.

For the record, I was already rehearsing in my head how I was going to explain the need to spend $100 for the Platinum membership to my wife.

Oh, this is an April Fools joke? 'cause I already sent in my $100. refund please :)

when I first read this.. I was like "what the hell, has cheap finally become a corporate sellout... then I said.... wait a sec.....todays april 1st"

GOOD ONE Cheapy!

PS: everyone who keeps saying "I'm in for a platinum, or "I was already justifying the 100 dollars..." shut your mouth, this might give cheapy a reason to actually do this, lol.

EDIT: how come when I type in the month of A P R I L, it replaces it with a shaq-fu?

[quote name='FuzyBaffy']It took me 2 minutes to realize this goes against everything you stand for. Hell it goes against the title of the site. Funny AS SHIT THOUGH

My favorite is !
Can download CAGcast 2 days early[/QUOTE]

I agree. And, that's how it was easy to figure out the lie.... they'd have to record it at least 4 days early to allow it for a 2 day advance download.

bread's done
Back