CAG Premium Insider Membership Program - APRIL FOOLS!

This is horrible. I can't believe what I just read. I'm truly honestly sad and I gotta say I think this is a pretty huge step back for a site based on saving money... Please rethink this CheapyD.

You have just recieved the JMEPO seal of disapprovial.

[quote name='JMEPO']This is horrible. I can't believe what I just read. I'm truly honestly sad and I gotta say I think this is a pretty huge step back for a site based on saving money... Please rethink this CheapyD.

You have just recieved the JMEPO seal of disapprovial.[/quote]

Quoted for prosperity.

haha, you almost got me on this one. April Fools! lol... Anyway I really like the exclusive deals if you pay $100 a year. For $100 I could just go buy several games at full price rather than get a deal. :)

Wow.... This sucks! How much could it cost to keep a forum up and running?

Edit:
Hmmm... I just remember's it's A.pril Fool's Day

One day tour of Tokyo with CheapyD is freaking awesome.... but you really should have invited us to stay at your house for a week to save on lodging. Then I might bite. :D

I don't think anyone should feel too bad about falling for it -- there are sites that do charge but it'd be a tough go for a site based on finding good deals to start charging...anyway, it must be interesting to see how many would have gone for actually paying for the access/usage.

sign me up for $200 ultra super turbo premium exclusive membership!

where i can kick out suspected SD and FWers at will!

:)

nice one. fooled me for a whole 10 second (until i got to the details)

I am fucking excited about this fucking deal. i am down for 11 fuck platnium memberships. I hope this is fuck worth it too. so where are we gonna go on our ten days together in Tokyo?

pretty good one almost had me fooled into thinking it was real...

then i noticed

"1 day tour of Tokyo w/CheapyD (airfare and accommodations not included, scheduling conflicts may occur)"

this is from a guy that can't shower regularly since he has to watch his little kid.

good one cheapy

Thanks everyone for a great April Fools Day! It was really quite touching to see how many people were willing to pay for a membership to help support CAG. I received at least 20 emails with rsvp's for Platinum level memberships. Despite the interest from the CAGs, I do not have any plans, nor any desire to ask the community for money. I'd much rather have you support the site (and me) by continuing to shop through the CAG affiliate links.

Looking foward, I think everyone is going to be completely blown away when we launch CAG 2.0 in the next few months. I'm really looking forward to seeing the community's reaction.

Thanks for your continued support!

I would like to think that we could meet for lunch if I ever get to come to Japan, which I would love to do. Well, lunch would be on me so not totally free. lol

I gotta give it to you cheapy, you got me. It was early in the morning, I read 2 day early CAGcast and thought "I wonder if anyone's gonna torrent it early." Man was I slow this morning.

I had a feeling this might be an April Fools joke, but I was honestly leaning towards Silver/Gold depending on the payment plan. Nice one Cheapy and I can't wait to see what next year holds.:D

HAH! You actually got me, CheapyD. Believe it or not, I was going to pay for one of the memberships, and even almost pulled the trigger on the $100 membership. If it makes any difference to you, it was mainly because I've gotten more than my fair share of deals via this site, and CAG does a great job with supporting Child's Play (a relative of mine spent many a time at Seattle's Childrens Hospital when we were kids - it's a wonderful place) that I thought it would be $100 well spent :)

Here's a great IM conversation I had with a CAG regarding the PIMP program.
I'm posting it with his permission. He's the guy who made this awesome Halo 2 video.

rywateska: quick question though

CheapyD: yup

rywateska: cag premium...the free spot is going to kill the community with how limited it is

CheapyD: really, you think so?

rywateska: I'm down for giving some money, but since it's still early yes sooo much so
Think of all the random deals that occur from unheard of members
its not like every seasoned vet is the only source of information

CheapyD: hmmm

rywateska: a lot of coupons and random "xyz store coupon code or sale" come from them. and one post is very limited in answering quesitons that may pop up because of it

CheapyD: I think people will step up
when people pay for the membership, they will work harder

rywateska: very true, but its very limiting to new members
Ive only read what you put up, and my viewpoint is "I just want my Monopoly heads back" and all...but I'd open up a discussion or two to see how the opinions end up going

CheapyD: Well, paying members can get Monopoly heads too
i'm sure ill think of new things to add

rywateska: Hahaha, all right
Just for people cheap as shit, $100 is somehting they have to weigh against getting $100 in extra savings in the coupons and private deals
I would try and throw in some type of game incentive or something of a gift card of a small denomination to amazon of maybe $20 or so. Try to balance it out so they can talk themselves into "well at least I get an on-sale greatest hit"

CheapyD: But how else can I keep up my internet space pimp lifestyle? You know i have a talking bathrub right? that shit aint cheap

rywateska: Hahaha, I believe it
I'm not against making money, I'm against not making enough money

CheapyD: I want to upgrade my toilet...I want one that analyzes my shit

rywateska: You want to peak out your money in the right way, and by excluding too much of the base you'll make less in the long run

CheapyD: Also, I like to get handjobs in Shinjuku...those are expensive.

rywateska: Not to be a negative buddy, but I just simply think anything close to a retail game is steep. It's CAG, try and find a way to hand off incentives that's all
This is a great way to weed out and save the deals to those who will get the best use out of them, no doubt.
You'll make some good money too. Just try to find a perfect medium of most users so that you get the most money

CheapyD: Ya know what else is expensive?

rywateska: big ass chains?

CheapyD: Calendars
CheapyD: Do you have one?

rywateska: negative
I cant afford one

CheapyD: I can tell

rywateska: i just buy them in october when theyre cheap
all right, enough of my useless suggestions. i've been knee deep in business school exams for two weeks and majoring in ebusiness and entrepreneurial management classes makes it seem like I will one day know something

CheapyD: Since you don't have a calendar...I'll give you a freebie

rywateska: I hope it goes well, and I'll be happy to hand over some decreasing dollars when the time comes around

CheapyD: todays date is April 1, 2008

rywateska: ahhh
fuck my life

CheapyD: LOL

rywateska: haha
totally thought it was cag 2.0
no joke

lol - I'll have to cancel that hit in Japan.

Cheepy - please stay inside for a couple of days and dont open the blinds.

I figured that was fishy last night. Thing is I'm still willing to pay CheapyD $100 to show me around Tokyo when I got this October.... sigh

[quote name='Indiana']Great post Cheapy I love the chat you posted, it was more funny than the gag.[/quote]

I agree. It cracked me up. :applause:

Cheapy, for yesterday's effort and that IM 'conversation', you need to be bumped up to at least a "B-" Internet Celebrity. Just skip the "C+" altogether!

I still think Cheapy should do one day Tokyo tours for CAGs.

Take us to all the game shops and french maid/upskirt cafes, show us where all the public bathrooms are, where to get
handjobs
in Shinjuku, etc etc. You know, all the important stuff.

Just wanted to admit that I just realized today that this was an April Fool's Joke. Oh well... back to normal only 22 days later :)

[quote name='jughead']Just wanted to admit that I just realized today that this was an April Fool's Joke. Oh well... back to normal only 22 days later :)[/quote]

WOW

[quote name='jughead']Just wanted to admit that I just realized today that this was an April Fool's Joke. Oh well... back to normal only 22 days later :)[/quote]

stop drinking beer

bread's done
Back