CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='Thomas96']Why won't they bring back Mr. Butts!!!! That's my fav character![/QUOTE]

Butt was never in King of Fighters. He's a Garou character and they aren't popular enough to be in KOF.

[quote name='Paco']Butt was never in King of Fighters. He's a Garou character and they aren't popular enough to be in KOF.[/QUOTE]

awwwwwwww

Question for everyone:

I got the cheaper Mad Catz stick for SF4 and I wanted to upgrade to the TE stick, my question is: is the difference in the actual joystick use that noticeable in between both controllers?

I am mainly a control pad player, but I realize for me to be better than I am now, I have to really take the time to use the stick now. All Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Question for everyone:

I got the cheaper Mad Catz stick for SF4 and I wanted to upgrade to the TE stick, my question is: is the difference in the actual joystick use that noticeable in between both controllers?

I am mainly a control pad player, but I realize for me to be better than I am now, I have to really take the time to use the stick now. All Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance[/QUOTE]

I think the difference is definitely worth the extra expense. The Sanwa stick itself has an overall smoother feel to it, not to mention, it was built to take plenty of abuse.

I was thinking of doing both actually, but I just needed some extra advice. do the buttons play that differently as well? I am old school and use to play street fighter with a stick in the arcades and those long long handles did work better for street fighter. but I do remember them breaking a lot on the early street fighter 2 and championship edition cabinets

Yuri is kinda cute.

1269866804982.gif

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I was thinking of doing both actually, but I just needed some extra advice. do the buttons play that differently as well? I am old school and use to play street fighter with a stick in the arcades and those long long handles did work better for street fighter. but I do remember them breaking a lot on the early street fighter 2 and championship edition cabinets[/QUOTE]
Sanwa's are just really sensitive in comparison to other buttons. You won't even have to pound on buttons (though you always can) for things to register. The input is registered with the slightest of pushes. The joystick shouldn't break even with considerable force. It'll wear it down, but it'll remain more than adequate for playing fighting games. Sanwa joysticks do have a bit longer throw (distance to gate) as well.

If you don't have any problems with your current setup, I'd say don't change a thing. As with most things, you gotta weigh your options and see if spending the extra cash for new hardware is really worth it. See if you can find a friend with a TE and ask if you can try it out briefly.

And sorry I didn't reply to your PSN message, I dunno what I was doing. I was kind of idle at the time.

its cool option. I was playing last night with my stick for the first time in ever and it was so different. I can see the benefit of using one, but the frustration right now of using my normal characters like Zangief and Ryu always makes me stop using the stick. though with my charge characters I am so much better with the stick, I still feel more competitive with the dpad though.

on the fighting stick I feel like the diagonals are off, and that is the frustrating part to me about using the stick. I even go to practice and continuously try to get out fireballs and dragonpunches and they only come out half of the time. It is like I gotta slam the stick at the end to get the move out. I remember finese from the arcade, I really wonder if it is the stick or me? as for the buttons I have no problems whatsoever with them. It is just the stick itself. I know the learning curve is steep, but I use to play back in the arcade with sf2, so the curve is not that great for me.

also I never discussed this before, but back when sf first came to consoles I could always get out 2 and 3 hit combos with one button press with shotos. Example jumping fierce, stand or ducking fierce to fireball or dragonpunch. Now I feel as though I have to press the button to get each individual move out. Is it still possible to do these combos with one button press? and if so I must really be outta the loop and removed from street fighter more than I care to admit.

you want to get into the habit of hitting the button to get the move to come out. there are times where you can cancel a normal move into a special button without hitting a button again (but input something with a stick) but that is pretty infrequent and I wouldn't rely on it.

I've been using a stick for about 3 months now, but switched from a street pad which i used for about a year. It was absolutely frustrating at first, for a good month, but now I'm able to do things you just cannot do on a pad. It also forces you to learn timing even better to be able to do combos instead of cheaping it on a pad.

The only problem I have from time to time is doing ultras that require down to forward twice, as well as shoryukens. If I practice each, I get them back. In a match when I have very little time to input the notation, its either hit or miss.

I still have a ton of trouble doing dhalsims back+m.k -> lp yoga flame -> cancel super. Not sure how you can get good with Dhalsim without mastering this so i pick him few and far between now

The Mad Catz fightstick is way too light for me. Each time I do a motion with it the whole stick wiggles off my lap. I need me a TE stick. Hopefully soon.

^Just tape some bricks to it and walah!

Dark, my advice is to go to training and practice moves over and over. Just start from movement (i.e. walking forward, holding db, jumping forward, etc.). Then move on to normals and command normals, (i.e. Ken's forward mk and so forth). Then finally move onto specials, supers and ultras. Just do the motions slow at first, then increase your speed. Accuracy is the key here, how fast you do it is merely secondary. Don't move on unless you feel very confident in execution. Also, time the button presses with the last joystick input. (i.e. down, down-forward, forward + medium punch)

Also, you can try riding the gate. Literally hitting the stick to the side and going along the edge when doing specials.

Also, if you haven't found a comfortable grip. Make sure it's comfortable in all 8 directions. Here are various ways to hold the stick. I myself use a "no-homo."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY

great games esp. Sorry I only played dhalsim, I'm trying to learn him. And sorry about the teleport shenanigans, I'm trying to be like Goku from DBZ.

Also, great games earlier today Frank and KenEx.

[quote name='option.iv']nope.[/QUOTE]

I know you love your HATERAID, but don't be hating on KOF. I'm gonna hate on SF4 more now for that. Only SF3 3rd strike is good.

[quote name='Paco']I know you love your HATERAID, but don't be hating on KOF. I'm gonna hate on SF4 more now for that. Only SF3 3rd strike is good.[/QUOTE]

And we all know that Garou > 3S.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And we all know that Garou > 3S.[/QUOTE]

Fighting words bro. FIGHTING WORDS. TIME TO OIL UP.

[quote name='Paco']FIGHTING WORDS. TIME TO OIL UP.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

I always wanted to play Garou because I kept hearing it was SNK's version of 3rd Strike.

I'll send you a friend request panzerfaust to get some matches in. GG's Option. Dhalsim mirror in SF4 is a horrible and possibly the most boring match up ever.

[quote name='option.iv']great games esp. Sorry I only played dhalsim, I'm trying to learn him. And sorry about the teleport shenanigans, I'm trying to be like Goku from DBZ.
[/QUOTE]

lol np dude, whatever works for you. The shenanigans worked though. Seeing you teleport side to side got me all googly eyed :dunce:.

[quote name='panzerfaust']sorry for the small amount of games esper, friend wanted to play in RL.

ggs though, well -- not really on my part =p[/QUOTE]

It's all good in hood.
Good games to you and anathema earlier today. Nice timing with the air throws with your chun-li, kept getting sucked in lol. Use more st. hk/hp to space me out. For your Sakura, just work on your hit confirming so you can land those tatsus into reset mixups/shenanigans. Also, I kept eating brutal dps by anathema's ken. Comes out at random times. Threw me off my game. Your sim beasted me like always; I try to get in that ass, but I can't get in. Nice spacing. Good stuff. My bad I had to go,but we got a good amount of matches in though.

Just for laughs, I need to test this out on randoms before ssfiv.

Last edited by a moderator:
option your dhalsim is really good my only advice would be to stick with him. Once I get the Nuances down of the stick I want to really learn viper, rufus, and gen.

The stick is really taking some time to get use to, but I feel like I am at least some what competitive, though far from as good as I am on a control pad. I really want the TE stick now. I wish I would have kept playing instead of leaving sf4 for other games, I was a much better player back then.

I am really seeing my flaws in my fighting style now. I get stubborn and consistently try to do something that I know is not working and I really get stuck into button mashing in certain cases. I know I am better than this, I just try to get by on certain things that USE to work. It is like everyone has gone off to become Super Saiyans and I am still on Krillin's level. lol

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']option your dhalsim is really good my only advice would be to stick with him. Once I get the Nuances down of the stick I want to really learn viper, rufus, and gen.

The stick is really taking some time to get use to, but I feel like I am at least some what competitive, though far from as good as I am on a control pad. I really want the TE stick now. I wish I would have kept playing instead of leaving sf4 for other games, I was a much better player back then.

I am really seeing my flaws in my fighting style now. I get stubborn and consistently try to do something that I know is not working and I really get stuck into button mashing in certain cases. I know I am better than this, I just try to get by on certain things that USE to work. It is like everyone has gone off to become Super Saiyans and I am still on Krillin's level. lol[/QUOTE]
SF4 is definitely becoming my most played game. I even leave my PS3 idle with that game loaded up. My other games are just collecting dust. My suggestion for making better match decisions is to analyze all possible options. For example, say you were knocked down and the opponent is right on top of you. List all the options the opponent has, and then list all the things that counter or get you out of that situation. It's a lot of work, but you'll see which moves are 'safer' than others. Specifically, there's E.Honda. When he's knocked down, he'll most likely do a jab headbutt since it beats so many wakeup options. But at the same time, the opponent most likely realizes jab headbutt is the go to option for wakeups, so they may be able to use that information to their advantage. But then again, Honda might pick up on this an do something else. SF4 is just really a rock paper scissors game with technical skill thrown in. Reading minds if you will. But I would recommend doing this once you've got your bearings down on your character's moveset, so you can summon your moves at will.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'd recommend starting with Rufus first, he's the easiest of the three to pick up :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Rufus is definitely the easiest. He's got a lot of safe options, shenanigans, ways to land ultra, and great damage overall. People are saying he'll be top tier in Super with the shoto's redux in damage.
[quote name='jman619']No one plays Battle Fantasia at all online.[/QUOTE]
nope.

I play Battle Fantasia online. Only for the Hoephies though. It's an alright game, but I rather play King of Fighters XII.

Since Mature and Elizabeth are getting some huge buffs in 13, I may add them to my roster. It'll be weird fighting a guy who uses Goro, Chin and Mature.

[quote name='Paco']I play Battle Fantasia online. Only for the Hoephies though. It's an alright game, but I rather play King of Fighters XII.

Since Mature and Elizabeth are getting some huge buffs in 13, I may add them to my roster. It'll be weird fighting a guy who uses Goro, Chin and Mature.[/QUOTE]

I've found like a game or two ever online. Not many people play it or at least the times I searched. Then again I only checked a time or two. Is the online for bf region based?

as long as they don't make Adon and Guy top tier in Super then I will be a happy man. I really see DeeJay becoming one of my main characters again.

[quote name='jman619']I've found like a game or two ever online. Not many people play it or at least the times I searched. Then again I only checked a time or two. Is the online for bf region based?[/QUOTE]

What you have to do for Battle Fantasia is make your OWN ranked room. Eventually someone will come. I waited 56 minutes before someone joined.............

And YES it's region based like King of Fighters and Mortal Kombat 2. Though it's more lenient due to the frames of animation not being as strict as KOF.

[quote name='Thomas96']anyone playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?[/QUOTE]

im always up for some sf2

[quote name='Paco']What you have to do for Battle Fantasia is make your OWN ranked room. Eventually someone will come. I waited 56 minutes before someone joined.............

And YES it's region based like King of Fighters and Mortal Kombat 2. Though it's more lenient due to the frames of animation not being as strict as KOF.[/QUOTE]

You waited 56 mins on someone? That's crazy. No wonder I never find matches in that game. :lol:

[quote name='m_d_amore']im always up for some sf2[/QUOTE]

didn't you kick my ass! hey when I see you online I'm going to invite you!

Played some KOF XII with Paco. He whooped my ass. Hell he owned my ass! Hes really the best I've ever played in the game so far or come across. The oddest thing lately was it didn't lag with us when it did one time before. Really odd. I'm use to not getting lag playing people on the east coast,but not getting lag playing him in ca that's just unheard of far as king of fighters XII goes. xD

Paco should be the KOF XII Master ;)

[quote name='jman619']Played some KOF XII with Paco. He whooped my ass. Hell he owned my ass! Hes really the best I've ever played in the game so far or come across. The oddest thing lately was it didn't lag with us when it did one time before. Really odd. I'm use to not getting lag playing people on the east coast,but not getting lag playing him in ca that's just unheard of far as king of fighters XII goes. xD[/QUOTE]

That's because I eat my ruf$$$e. But Good games Jman. But you need to get a more KOF mindset. That Street Fighter is making you Logey.

And the lack of lag made the games more fun and I was able to get more of my combos out. I'm surprised it played so good with the distance too.

I know how much you love my Chin though Jman. I should give him to you more often.

[quote name='Paco']That's because I eat my ruf$$$e. But Good games Jman. But you need to get a more KOF mindset. That Street Fighter is making you Logey.

And the lack of lag made the games more fun and I was able to get more of my combos out. I'm surprised it played so good with the distance too.

I know how much you love my Chin though Jman. I should give him to you more often.[/QUOTE]

Your chin is annoying as fuck. I seriously hate him. There I said it.:lol:

[quote name='jman619']Your chin is annoying as fuck. I seriously hate him. There I said it.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yet you loved his fighting so. The fact that his stance is a counter stance makes people question on IF you should jump in. His stance can counter high or low attacks.

And most people hate the Drunken master.

Hey guys, for the SSF4 release I was thinking we should do a CAG SSF4 PS3 Tournament on the weekend of the release week. It'll just be for fun first I guess. I wonder if we can get enough interest. Perhaps I can throw in a PSN card or something but not guaranteed. And if it there are enough people for it I will probably get the tournament broadcast/record as well since we can spectate in SSF4. And I was thinking we could do something like 2 brackets for West and East Coasts players and the final will be between best of West vs. the best of East.

That sounds good. If others are good with it, then I'd say go for it. I'll think about chipping in as well. But if I chip in, I probably should'nt play in the tourny.

Haha, let's play with our PSN accounts on the line. All or nothing, haha.

IT would be great to have like a SF4/SSF4 Game night every week and have it broadcast too. But I think we don't have enough of a crow on CAG for this.

Jman had some more enthralling games with me. I even invited a friend so he could see some real MANLY KOF XII. My friend was only medium compared to everyone I know, but he showed Jman some real fighting.

bread's done
Back