CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

he had the leaked version, so i cheated.

learned a SWEET combo with dudley already. Jump in HP, Kidney punch, target combo 1, standing mp, crouch mp, m combination punch.

Doesn't work on everyone, but does on people with big hit boxes like Sagat. 374 damage using no EX bars :)

Definitely going to main him. I hope I can find another character I like half as much as him

I got to play SSFIV early too on my friend Xbox. They made a great game even greater now. Can't wait for my pre-order for my PS3 copy from Amazon to arrive. *Crossing Fingers* hoping it will arrive earlier than 4/27 =D

The game even saves ALL of your settings. No more going into training, cuing up infinite super, ultra, autoblock, input display, and damage/combo stats. do it once and its done forever!

wow wow wow. This game is so streamlined its ridiculous. Can't wait for the release. I thought it was bad before I got a little taste of the game. Now, I'm friggin ruined lol

GGs to everyone I played in hdr. I'm turrible. Had lots of fun!

Damn you guys and your "early" copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
GGs from me to everyone in HDR tonight. Although I'm kinda mad that I got D/C'd, then when I signed back on, got prompted to download an update. =/

Who is MAN ENOUGH to face me in KOMBAT? I haven't had anyone from KAG challenge me to KOMBAT. Where are the KOMBATANTS?

I can't wait, just got my TE stick in the mail here at work. gonna try it tonight while packing for Disney. I will be back next Friday though to really play the game though. and I got my reward zone coupons stacked and waiting. lol

Too hot for Street Fighter

Vicekofxiii.gif

new Dudley combo. 16 hits, 531 damage. Can use in the corner (extra hit) or not.

Jump in HP, Kidney Punch, S HK, EX machine gun blow, lk dash -> lk, ultra # 2 (corner trap)

If you're not in the corner, instead of lk dash -> lk, do a lk dash -> lp, ultra # 2

edit : you can also do

Jump in HP, kidney punch, s mp, s hk, ex machine gun blow, dash lk, ultra 2. 17 hits. shows 7 less damage though

for crouching opponents

Jump in HP, kidney punch, st hk, ex machine, dash lk, ultra 2

I've had no where NEAR enough time to practice for something like that. Have no idea about matchups, especially against the new fighters. I only have limited time to practice with Dudley, and most of that is just training.

Good luck to anyone from here going to that competition

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That sprite looks fucking stupid. =/[/QUOTE]

You just mad that you have no CAT FU stance foo.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Not really. He'd look better if he didn't look like he had to take a shit. What happened to his old pose?[/QUOTE]

Old pose was essentially what Ryo and Robert had. So they actually gave him a completely new sprite with a new pose which means new animation and not AKUMA/RYO with Takuma's head.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I've had no where NEAR enough time to practice for something like that. Have no idea about matchups, especially against the new fighters. I only have limited time to practice with Dudley, and most of that is just training.

Good luck to anyone from here going to that competition[/QUOTE]

I don't either but since it is near me and my friends want to go, we are gonna make it a guys night out weekend. besides I not going in with expectations to win, only to learn new stuff and take my game up a notch

I play all fighters and yes I"m part of srk, I mainly play sf games, anyone wanna get some games in get at me on the psn. Kyoji24 is my psn

[quote name='Kyoji24']I play all fighters and yes I"m part of srk, I mainly play sf games, anyone wanna get some games in get at me on the psn. Kyoji24 is my psn[/QUOTE]

You west coast or east coast? I play KOF XII and HDR.

And Chin looks pretty interesting with his new Drunken Master Drinking. He turns red and has a jug meter apparently. Makes him stronger but with lower defense.

And fucking SNK. Vice and Mature are dead but they came back. I expect the constant onslaught and bitching for Chris, Yashiro and Shermie to come full swing.

k10.jpg

[quote name='Thomas96']Why can't the new street fighter have nice sprites and be hand drawn... damn![/QUOTE]

Because I like my cinematic Ultras too much and they know it.

Haha, that Takuma sprite does look dumb. It's as if they forgot the head hitbox and had to redraw it so Takuma could have no neck.

After getting a few matches in last night with my new Tournament stick I can tell a difference in the actual joystick itself. it is super responsive. though i am still having trouble getting out certain moves, it does play better than the fighting stick but to the casual person, the joystick difference is minimal. The buttons on the other hand, there is a big difference.

with all that aside I am still better overall with the regular controller as of right now, but I see the stick really improving my game that much in the near future.

Question for everyone with a stick..Does it really matter which setting you have the stick too? Meaning Control pad or left analog? I think I see a difference, but I feel as though it is just a mental thing and nothing else

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Question for everyone with a stick..Does it really matter which setting you have the stick too? Meaning Control pad or left analog? I think I see a difference, but I feel as though it is just a mental thing and nothing else[/QUOTE]

There is no difference for fighting games. It is there for people that use arcade sticks for shumps (shoot em ups) and arcade type games on the PSN/XBLA/mame.

AndrewsAwesome4: prepare to lose, but stick with the game and enjoy!

[quote name='option.iv']Haha, that Takuma sprite does look dumb. It's as if they forgot the head hitbox and had to redraw it so Takuma could have no neck.[/QUOTE]

ngbbs493605d847f7e.jpg

[quote name='jman619']Super Street Fighter IV got a 9 from IGN. ^_^[/QUOTE]

IGN is nothing but scrub play though. They also gave Blazblue a good score which makes me wary of anything they say. Blazblue and Moe is what's wrong with Japan right now.

[quote name='Paco']IGN is nothing but scrub play though. They also gave Blazblue a good score which makes me wary of anything they say. Blazblue and Moe is what's wrong with Japan right now.[/QUOTE]

I doubt KOFXIII gets a 9. ;)

[quote name='jman619']I doubt KOFXIII gets a 9. ;)[/QUOTE]

I bet IGN has integrity like Clinton too

[quote name='Paco']IGN is nothing but scrub play though. They also gave Blazblue a good score which makes me wary of anything they say. Blazblue and Moe is what's wrong with Japan right now.[/QUOTE]

There's something wrong with this? It had great gameplay, excellent online play, a great story mode, etc.

[quote name='distgfx']There's something wrong with this? It had great gameplay, excellent online play, a great story mode, etc.[/QUOTE]

You mean

BROKEN GAMEPLAY
DECENT ONLINE
Mishmashed story that made bullshit sense.

[quote name='Paco']You mean

BROKEN GAMEPLAY
DECENT ONLINE
Mishmashed story that made bullshit sense.[/QUOTE]

Decent? How about the best netcode for a fighting game this gen.

[quote name='distgfx']Decent? How about the best netcode for a fighting game this gen.[/QUOTE]

No. Best code would go to GGPO. Blazblue does NOT use GGPO. Though it does qualify for best CONSOLE netcode in a fighting game.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is broken to hell fighting wise, and bores me shitless. Why the fuck did I spend 100 matches on this crap. I didn't like it the first three times, why'd I play another 100?

[quote name='Paco']No. Best code would go to GGPO. Blazblue does NOT use GGPO. Though it does qualify for best CONSOLE netcode in a fighting game.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is broken to hell fighting wise, and bores me shitless. Why the fuck did I spend 100 matches on this crap. I didn't like it the first three times, why'd I play another 100?[/QUOTE]

I thought "fighting game this gen" would imply that I was talking about a specific fighting game for consoles from this generation. I dunno why you spent so much time on it if you feel that way, maybe because it was FUN?!

[quote name='distgfx']I thought "fighting game this gen" would imply that I was talking about a specific fighting game for consoles from this generation. I dunno why you spent so much time on it if you feel that way, maybe because it was FUN?![/QUOTE]

Fun implies that I actually enjoyed it. Now take this for the record

I spent 100 hours on Street Fighter 4. About 2-3 thousand matches.
I played nearly 1300 matches on King of Fighters 12
Around two thousand or so on HDR Remix
I spent around a thousand matches on Mortal Kombat 2. Maybe more.
I spent 100 matches on Blazblue
I spent 120 matches on Battle Fantasia

Blazblue is a broken game with broken characters, animated like shit, covered with glittery junk on the screen and Ragna and Jin annoy the fuck out of me.

[quote name='Paco']Fun implies that I actually enjoyed it. Now take this for the record

I spent 100 hours on Street Fighter 4. About 2-3 thousand matches.
I played nearly 1300 matches on King of Fighters 12
Around two thousand or so on HDR Remix
I spent around a thousand matches on Mortal Kombat 2. Maybe more.
I spent 100 matches on Blazblue
I spent 120 matches on Battle Fantasia

Blazblue is a broken game with broken characters, animated like shit, covered with glittery junk on the screen and Ragna and Jin annoy the fuck out of me.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know you spent that much time on SF4. I only spent around 28-30 hours total on SF4.

I do find it ironic you say Blazblue is animated like shit compared to the pixels in kofxii. I really like kofxii. I'm just saying. Although you saying Blazblue had decent online is the worst thing I've heard. It really had the best out of the fighting games. Kofxii had the worst online I've ever seen for a fighter to be honest with you. After the patch it was way better and we can even play without lag,but I still think it could have been way better.

lol, you think thats bad

I played over 7000 online matches of SFIV on the 360, and probably a good 500+ offline against my brother.

I already have 1500 matches online on the PS3. I'm guessing I'll probably end up with more from SSFIV lol

[quote name='jman619']Didn't know you spent that much time on SF4. I only spent around 28-30 hours total on SF4.

I do find it ironic you say Blazblue is animated like shit compared to the pixels in kofxii. I really like kofxii. I'm just saying. Although you saying Blazblue had decent online is the worst thing I've heard. It really had the best out of the fighting games. Kofxii had the worst online I've ever seen for a fighter to be honest with you. After the patch it was way better and we can even play without lag,but I still think it could have been way better.[/QUOTE]

You never played Blazblue before the patch have you? That patch was nothing less then a miracle from god. Blazblue's online fuckING SUCKED worse then King of Fighters 12 before that patch. That patch was witchcraft, pagan rituals, Japanese super hentai, moe moe moeness, whatever. It just was something that was fucking astronomical in how good it was.

And SNK better fix the lag for 13. Ironically everyone says the online for the Samurai Shodown game on the 360 is good, yet nobody is actually playing THAT game. It's funny.

And Blazblue does animate like shit. Anyone that says that it's even close to KOF XII animation wise is either not paying attention to all the little details or is trolling. Much like SNK does in modern times.

[quote name='Paco']Blazblue and Moe is what's wrong with Japan right now.[/QUOTE]

I'll let the blazblue one go, but moe? This slightly derived "cute factor" has always been there, except now there are entire anime's built upon this factor. I don't really think any animation studios are wasting their time with bad anime, wait, K-ON! comes to mind, but kyoto animation has always done stuff like that. If they were to switch genres, they'd do some fine ass fight scenes.

ON OTHER NOTE, I have SUPER, except I need to update my PS3.

bread's done
Back