CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Haha, that is an interesting link.

Well, excellent HDR games, Mr.B, md, thom and esper. Man, md, that Gief of yours is getting scary fast. Grats Mr.B on your win, I couldn't get in with T.Hawk. Also, great to see you on Thom, gotta love them thighs. And love those Vega battle cries Esper, they were super effective.

I had a pretty good day yesterday... but then at around 11 or 12... I was invited to a Street Fight Orgy... and yes... oh yes... it was good. It was good! Seeing md on the Zangief, made me want to play with Zangief again. Before I played street fighter, I read about it in a gamepro magazine, and I reviewed everyone's moves, and I studied so that I'd be ready when I got a chance to play SF. Well... I ended up picking Zangief as my first character.. couldn't play with him for shit, so I switched to Chun Li (ryu, then ken, then back to chun li)

[quote name='option.iv']Haha, that is an interesting link.

Well, excellent HDR games, Mr.B, md, thom and esper. Man, md, that Gief of yours is getting scary fast. Grats Mr.B on your win, I couldn't get in with T.Hawk. Also, great to see you on Thom, gotta love them thighs. And love those Vega battle cries Esper, they were super effective.[/QUOTE]

Anytime I win a round I am happy, much less winning a game. The game is just so different playing a real person, I can pull moves off pretty consistently against the computer in arcade mode, but man basically every time I threw a simple straight jab was me failing to throw a fireball :lol:.

Landing a super to finish a round is so so satisfying :cool:
especially after giving away two rounds earlier trying to do this exact thing...

While this night alone didn't justify my paying the money for a TE, its getting there.

[quote name='MisterBee']Anytime I win a round I am happy, much less winning a game. The game is just so different playing a real person, I can pull moves off pretty consistently against the computer in arcade mode, but man basically every time I threw a simple straight jab was me failing to throw a fireball :lol:.

Landing a super to finish a round is so so satisfying :cool:
especially after giving away two rounds earlier trying to do this exact thing...

While this night alone didn't justify my paying the money for a TE, its getting there.[/QUOTE]
You're not alone in that sentiment. Whenever I pick up a new character or play a new game, knowing how to do the moves in training mode is not enough. I feel that to really improve, you gotta just play matches with people. The more you play with others, the more comfortable you are in terms of executing moves. Though practicing in training mode is important as well in developing your execution. I'd say keep practicing until your hands are callused, ok... maybe not, but at least to the point where you treat special moves not as a series of button presses, but as one fluid motion. Also, don't sweat the dp that much. It's harder to do the dp in this game as opposed to SFIV. I was even having trouble pulling it out, too much easy mode inputs for me. So once you get it down in HDR, it'll be a breeze in IV.

Hella good games Last night guys . we should definitely do it again. Thom had my number for sure . stilll can tget over short punching Balrog to death fun times.
you need to fire up the recorder next time

[quote name='m_d_amore']Hella good games Last night guys . we should definitely do it again. Thom had my number for sure . stilll can tget over short punching Balrog to death fun times.
you need to fire up the recorder next time[/QUOTE]

edit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Great games yesterday in Tekken and Blazblue jman. Unfortunately, I really couldn't put up a fight.[/QUOTE]

You did well in Blazblue. I usually don't play Tekken,but I wanted to start it back up again. Its fun,but most people own me online. xD

On another note. Why does Blazblue claim it supports the DS3 when it doesn't shake at all... I even turned it on in the options menu and still nothing. Tekken 6 and Uncharted 2 does,but Blazblue don't when it claims it does. Or at least for me it doesn't. =/

Great games tonight md, esper, and paco, you racist bastid.

I would like Tekken if it weren't for the delay I get online... And if it didn't look like a PS2 port... And a slew of other things... A positive thing is that it's pretty cheap.

[quote name='option.iv']Great games tonight md, esper, and paco, you racist bastid.

I would like Tekken if it weren't for the delay I get online... And if it didn't look like a PS2 port... And a slew of other things... A positive thing is that it's pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'm not racist. I own a color tv bitch. And I only hate Japanese sticks. I'm a man of MY COUNTRY. LET US SING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpC9EkKFsQ

[quote name='option.iv']Great games tonight md, esper, and paco, you racist bastid.

I would like Tekken if it weren't for the delay I get online... And if it didn't look like a PS2 port... And a slew of other things... A positive thing is that it's pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

PS2 port? Yeah... I think it looks way better than that. Button delay is so so. Sometimes it isn't bad and sometimes its kinda annoying I've seen worse. Go play Tatsunoko vs capcom online. Its button delay is ok sometimes and god awful the rest.

Paco racist? That sounds about right. :whistle2:#

Of course I'm joking Paco isn't racist. He is just special and strange at times... Yet somehow I still really like the guy. :)

^Yeah, that's awesome. PTOM gave SSFIV 4.5/5 stars. It's basically SFIV with additions. There really wasn't much to improve in vanilla except balancing, matchmaking, and more modes/characters.

Definitely hyped up for it.

I dunno, but Tekken and even Blazblue have noticeable lag, moreso than SFIV (

yeah ggs option yo had me all night

sorry thom i didnt see you on until i got off im sure we will have another random HDR night soon

[quote name='option.iv']Man, you guys see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6avefZNvfw&feature=player_embedded

st.rh xx scar cancel into other moves... What is wrong with the devs... I wish at least the other chars would get buffs. But then who knows, maybe Guile's new sunglasses move will bump him to broken tier...[/QUOTE]

That new outfit only proves that Capcom turned Sagat into $$$at.

Capcom still can't touch this.

terry.gif

[quote name='option.iv']^They already did, and molested it in the process.[/QUOTE]

You know what makes me laugh? People would have been FAR more accepting of King of Fighters 12 IF they didn't call it that. If they called it Fatal Fury: Mark Of the Wolves 2 and placed different characters and a few cameos, this would have been better received.

Here, let me show you something that's more familiar.

kenshoryuken.jpg

[quote name='option.iv']maybe Guile's new sunglasses move will bump him to broken tier...[/QUOTE]

keikaku.jpg

[quote name='Paco']You know what makes me laugh? People would have been FAR more accepting of King of Fighters 12 IF they didn't call it that. If they called it Fatal Fury: Mark Of the Wolves 2 and placed different characters and a few cameos, this would have been better received.
[/QUOTE]

I think if it had decent online it would of been better received. I know I'd of kept playing it if it did.

[quote name='Paco']That new outfit only proves that Capcom turned Sagat into $$$at.

terry.gif
[/QUOTE]

Sagat is wearing Chun Li's tights from Street Fighter Alpha 3 LOL Poor Sagat what are they doing to you.

[quote name='distgfx']I think if it had decent online it would of been better received. I know I'd of kept playing it if it did.[/QUOTE]
Or if the game had more stuff to do. It was so barebones.

[quote name='Paco']That new outfit only proves that Capcom turned Sagat into $$$at.

terry.gif
[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you like kof xii better? I like both quite a bit. I still play kof xii every now and then. I played SFIV like crazy when it first came out and didn't touch it again. Which makes me wonder why I want SSFIV so much,but that is a different story. I liked that site you posted with the characters.

I'll be really happy with kof xiii If it gets a u.s release and has good online. =P

[quote name='Zero_Kirby']signed. where is battle fantasia players at?[/QUOTE]

Its about impossible to find a game online. I would be up for it sometime If there is people that to want to play it.

Lol, St. RH is cancellable now?

Those Scar combos also seem really practical to use in matches as well.

Well, at the very least he deals out less damage. I also think they took out trade DP > Ultra with him.

[quote name='jman619']Are you saying you like kof xii better? I like both quite a bit. I still play kof xii every now and then. I played SFIV like crazy when it first came out and didn't touch it again. Which makes me wonder why I want SSFIV so much,but that is a different story. I liked that site you posted with the characters.

I'll be really happy with kof xiii If it gets a u.s release and has good online. =P[/QUOTE]

Yes I do like KOF XII more. Faster gameplay, the closest KOF to Street Fighter or Mark of the Wolves, the combos have more stricter timing then SF4, and the inputs aren't BS like SF4 where just being vaguely similar gets you what you want. Bare? Yes. Better gameplay? Yes.

chin.gif

[quote name='Paco']Yes I do like KOF XII more. Faster gameplay, the closest KOF to Street Fighter or Mark of the Wolves, the combos have more stricter timing then SF4, and the inputs aren't BS like SF4 where just being vaguely similar gets you what you want. Bare? Yes. Better gameplay? Yes.

chin.gif
[/QUOTE]

To me. The graphics/online was better to sfiv. Plus it plays like the older ones which was a plus to me. Then again I liked the old King Of Fighters. Only thing Kofxii lacked was online and more features. The online seems mostly fine for kofxii anymore.

Umm.... I need console buddies. Getting "Super Street Fighter IV" for both systems day of release. I have and use headsets on both consoles. Gamer ID/Tag on both systems: bwinches

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Lol, St. RH is cancellable now?

Those Scar combos also seem really practical to use in matches as well.

Well, at the very least he deals out less damage. I also think they took out trade DP > Ultra with him.[/QUOTE]
It can lead to untechable knockdown, which is my primary concern. I usually play chars that don't have a dp. Also as you said, seems that dp has been weakened.
[quote name='bwinches']Umm.... I need console buddies. Getting "Super Street Fighter IV" for both systems day of release. I have and use headsets on both consoles. Gamer ID/Tag on both systems: bwinches[/QUOTE]
A lot of us play SFIV regularly. Feel free to sign up on the first post if you haven't already.

pulled the trigger on a TE stick. they are on sale at amazon for 99.99 right now. never seen better so I jumped on it. I am still upset I am going to miss the first week of SSF4 because I am going on vacation. oh well I do need a vacation. lol

This may sound kinda weird but could someone train me on the basics in MvC2? The instructions are really unhelpful for me (AND SOOOO SMALL). I would love if someone could help. PSN: RaCpram12 (if you're gonna help me out, could you put CAG MvC2?). Thanks for the help guys.

I'm a beginner myself in MvC but here are some basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcC3Ho1kkkc

edit: Fixed up the OP and lists.

We doing anything special for SSFIV release? I was thinking maybe a tournament, and if we have enough, we could have a 2v2 tournament. The prize could be being featured on the OP or maybe an actual prize down the line.

Isn't the Tournament game mode coming a couple of weeks later? Or is that just a different variation of a normal one the game will be having?

Or did you just mean like a lobby tournament type of thing?

Why am I asking so many questions?

I added my info to the spreadsheets, but if anyone wants to hit me up for some Marvel vs Capcom or Super Street Fighter IV next week feel free to send me an invite.

Just added myself to the spreadsheet aswell.

Can't wait. Live in LA, so Fight Club here I come! If there are other CAG members going, lets find a place to meet up!

psn: j-cart

My friend got SSFIV early!!

Wow wow wow wow!

It's easily 4 times better than I could have imagined. Anyone who said "blah blah not DLC wah wah" have no idea what they are talking about.

Unfortunately I'm terrible with every new character. Dudley seems like the only possibility right now.

bread's done
Back