CAG/PS3 Red Dead Redemption Posse Nights ( SUNDAYS! )

[quote name='j-cart']Hah i don't think i got 27 open spots left on my friend's list. Time to do some cleaning up.[/QUOTE]
Within a few weeks you should know who will be showing up regularly for the RDR multiplayer and who it should be safe to delete from your friends list.

I rarely keep anyone on my friends list for longer than 3-5 months and only if I've played against/with them in some game on a semi regular basis, which reminds me that I have some list cleaning to do tonight.;)

deathmatch sucks so much. i havent seen spawn camping or bad spawning this bad since mw2. gold rush is ok at best. the only that that like about mp so far is the beginning of rounds in the shootout. but the shootout lasts 10 seconds out of a 10-20 minute match. if you like gta4 mp, then youll like rdr mp. you can tell the single player is the shinning gem of the game.

Man so far its soo much fun.

1 minor problem, firing is on your r2, wish it was r1.

1 problem that is fixed by game type, Casual Aiming. Auto aim blows. Play on expert aiming or gtfo.
Besides those the game is awesome and I haven't even played single player yet.

Quick (multiplayer) tips:
-Press square while aiming and you will roll.
-Got red eye? USE IT and USE IT OFTEN! The more you kill the more it stays up.
-Sprinting, shooting and respawning shows the enemies your location on their map.

Thats all I got for now, but the free roam is pretty fun way to level up your character.

Hit me up, PSN: j-cart

I will be playing this game for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='enufs8d']deathmatch sucks so much. i havent seen spawn camping or bad spawning this bad since mw2. gold rush is ok at best. the only that that like about mp so far is the beginning of rounds in the shootout. but the shootout lasts 10 seconds out of a 10-20 minute match. if you like gta4 mp, then youll like rdr mp. you can tell the single player is the shinning gem of the game.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they fix the spawning stuff with a patch. Haven't gotten it yet, but I'm probably going to log in a lot of hours on this game. I'm still playing MP for Uncharted 2 months after I beat the game so yeah.

I know this game hasn't been out long but I haven't been able to get more than a couple people in an online match with me. No lie, most matches I've played so far are me versus one other guy or maybe 2 vs. 2.

Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='tcatsninfan']I know this game hasn't been out long but I haven't been able to get more than a couple people in an online match with me. No lie, most matches I've played so far are me versus one other guy or maybe 2 vs. 2.

Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

theyre all playing SP.

[quote name='Romis']Is there a limited or special edition? or are the games the same (Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy & Walmart)[/QUOTE]

There's actually special editions with special items for each retailer.

Best Buy: Warhorse code, possibly decks of RDR cards
WalMart: RDR cards, whatever else they're giving w/ purchase
Gamestop: Deadly Assassin code, Soundtrack CODE:)bomb:fuckin' digital download FTL:bomb:), map challenges
Amazon: probably some DLC code like it seems everyone else is getting too

Unfortunately, each retailer specific edition has retailer specific UPC barcodes too, so it's not like you can go to BB to get the bonuses there and return that copy to Gamestop where you had it pre-ordered for the bonus there and so on.

I can't vote on the poll, I think it's because my account won't be 30 days old until tomorrow or the day after.

I would like to put my vote in for Sunday, though, especially since it's currently tied with Saturday.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']I can't vote on the poll, I think it's because my account won't be 30 days old until tomorrow or the day after.

I would like to put my vote in for Sunday, though, especially since it's currently tied with Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Saturday is in the lead now as the game day for this title. I have a feeling that if I pop in the copy I cracked open tonight I'm going to end up playing till 7-9 am and never get any sleep.:cry: I'm running on fumes now, but I know that if the game is insanely fun I'm going to get a second wind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately, Saturday is in the lead now as the game day for this title. I have a feeling that if I pop in the copy I cracked open tonight I'm going to end up playing till 7-9 am and never get any sleep.:cry: I'm running on fumes now, but I know that if the game is insanely fun I'm going to get a second wind.[/QUOTE]

Why not narrow it down to the two days and vote on those now?

[quote name='j-cart']Man so far its soo much fun.

[/QUOTE]

this game's MP is not fun at all. How can you have a clan night if you can't even fucking connect to a fellow CAG? i spent over an hour trying to connect with dtruk. but we kept getting bad connection error. check internet connection error messages. this was past midnight pst. one of us would try to send an invite in an open, empty, public room with crap results. whats worse is that i gave up on joining and just tried Quick Connect/Games - every room that I went into only had me. dtruk informed that its been happening throughout the day with his other friend invites. failed invites on private game and open games - free roam, gang, quick, etc.

do the servers only work in the afternoon? i reached level 5, so I have a taste of mp. And I've been kicked from some games due to "bad connection."

Form a posse of 1?

gta4 mp was bad but never this screwed up.

[quote name='enufs8d']this game's MP is not fun at all. How can you have a clan night if you can't even fucking connect to a fellow CAG? i spent over an hour trying to connect with dtruk. but we kept getting bad connection error. check internet connection error messages. this was past midnight pst. one of us would try to send an invite in an open, empty, public room with crap results. whats worse is that i gave up on joining and just tried Quick Connect/Games - every room that I went into only had me. dtruk informed that its been happening throughout the day with his other friend invites. failed invites on private game and open games - free roam, gang, quick, etc.

do the servers only work in the afternoon? i reached level 5, so I have a taste of mp. And I've been kicked from some games due to "bad connection."

Form a posse of 1?

gta4 mp was bad but never this screwed up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe one of your connection's has a shitty NAT ? I have NOT had a problem with connecting to ALL of friends. But we all have good NAT TYPE 1 & 2 CONNECTIONS :D )

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Maybe one of your connection's has a shitty NAT ? I have NOT had a problem with connecting to ALL of friends. But we all have good NAT TYPE 1 & 2 CONNECTIONS :D )[/QUOTE]

i have a ok to good nat 1/2. definitely not the horrible 3. lol. the other guy is ranked in the top 1,000 in bfbc2, which means he plays a lot. so i assume he a has a good connection. its been happening to others throughout the day. well, see how it turns it on cag night.

Stop whining about the multiplayer. Did you happen to see MW2 when it came out. There were so many glitches it was unplayable. I would spawn and have a satelite missle in my face after 1 second, it was like everyone had a game genie. There are bound to be patches for a game this big and im sure the multiplayer will be fun barring major lag. Its funny hereing people cry about how they can only play against 1 or 2 other people in multiplayer. Normal people are playing single player and others like myself are still waiting for the game to arrive.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone have freezing issues in the single player?[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope I don't. I played it for about an hour or so this morning and while I didn't like how you came to be where you are at the start I do like the expansive game environment.

I tried causing some trouble just before I quit playing this morning and the posse was relentless. I died probably about 10 times while trying to escape them, including one time I took my horse and myself off a train trestle.

My game quietly reset it self once.

I didn't mind as my horse had just ridden in out of nowhere and blocked my rifle shot at a bandit... With his skull! The game then began to slow down greatly, then it booted me back to the XMB after about 5 seconds.

Haha I had mine start super lagging, then it froze then about 10 seconds later it was at the XMB/Dashboard. WTF !! I hadnt saved :(

yeah online is pretty buggy from what i played last night, so far played about 2hrs so far really liking it. the random events in the game are great. i'm up to play whenever you can add me if you want, i will be alternating between red dead/3d dot/ssf4.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Stop whining about the multiplayer. Did you happen to see MW2 when it came out. There were so many glitches it was unplayable. I would spawn and have a satelite missle in my face after 1 second, it was like everyone had a game genie. There are bound to be patches for a game this big and im sure the multiplayer will be fun barring major lag. Its funny hereing people cry about how they can only play against 1 or 2 other people in multiplayer. Normal people are playing single player and others like myself are still waiting for the game to arrive.[/QUOTE]

touche - stop whining about waiting. developers need to have more betas disguised as demos. uncharted 2 has relatively minors when launched. it didnt hurt to have that 9? month beta.

http://kotaku.com/5542914/invisibility-bugs-vexing-red-dead-redemption-players
rock* addressing Mp
may or may not be these issues:
-invisibility bugs in free roam (you, your horse and/or npc's are invisible)
-loss connections at alarming rate

Ranked #191 right now! Woot.

I thought the MP was a little buggy at first but to be honest, I'm pretty happy with it right now. The most frustrating part of MP is when you start a game and it's 1 vs 3 gold rush or something. I do wish games filled up more than they are right now though. I seem to remember this being a problem early on in GTA IV's MP as well. Hopefully it clears up.

Alright. It looks like I jinxed myself by saying I hadn't had the freezing issues, as I just had it freeze as I was trying to stop by horse by the sheriff's office in Armadillo to collect on the one bounty mission.

:cry:

This sucks. I noticed the lag/slowdown earlier that other people mentioned being a precursor to the freezing earlier too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. It looks like I jinxed myself by saying I hadn't had the freezing issues, as I just had it freeze as I was trying to stop by horse by the sheriff's office in Armadillo to collect on the one bounty mission.

:cry:

This sucks. I noticed the lag/slowdown earlier that other people mentioned being a precursor to the freezing earlier too.[/QUOTE]

i haven't had it freeze but i did see one of the bugged horse, it was underground. and when i first went to thieves landing there was a woman getting kidnapped and as i got closer to kill the guy the game slowdowned a lot like almost a slideshow. but as soon as i freed the lady it stopped.

OKAY SUNDAYS IT IS :D

So around what time frame is good ?? I kinda like playing late but it being on Sundays I know most people work on Mondays ( HEHE not me ;) ) .

Below this post put in a number that is good for you

put a " 1 below " if you are okay with it starting at 12 PM
put a " 2 below " if you are okay with it starting at 3 PM
put a " 3 below " if you are okay with it starting at 5 thru 6 PM
put a " 4 below " if you are okay with it starting at 8 PM
put a " 5 below " if you are okay with it starting at 10 PM
put a " 6 below " if you are okay with it starting at 12 AM !!!

I am not going to vote because i would even care if it started at 2 AM :lol:

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']OKAY SUNDAYS IT IS :D

So around what time frame is good ?? I kinda like playing late but it being on Sundays I know most people work on Mondays ( HEHE not me ;) ) .

Below this post put in a number that is good for you

put a " 1 below " if you are okay with it starting at 12 PM
put a " 2 below " if you are okay with it starting at 3 PM
put a " 3 below " if you are okay with it starting at 5 thru 6 PM
put a " 4 below " if you are okay with it starting at 8 PM
put a " 5 below " if you are okay with it starting at 10 PM
put a " 6 below " if you are okay with it starting at 12 AM !!!

I am not going to vote because i would even care if it started at 2 AM :lol:[/QUOTE]
Most of the CAG game nights start around 10pm or so, so that's what my 'vote' would be for.

But I'm ok with any of the times from 5-6pm on.

If we decided to play tonight though the Rockstar people were supposed to be on from I think 7-9pm playing according to the Social Club website.

I'll vote 5. 10pm start is good but I'll only be able to play til 12. I'm still not clear on how you set up a lobby with friends though.

[quote name='carbontiger']I'll vote 5. 10pm start is good but I'll only be able to play til 12. I'm still not clear on how you set up a lobby with friends though.[/QUOTE]
Neither am I, as the whole multiplayer thing is a bit confusing on Red Dead. It's not like in GTA where you can use your phone to open up multiplayer and then go into that and set up a lobby that you can then invite other people into.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Is there room for me to play? I'm sick of playing with idiots on free roam lol.[/QUOTE]
The only free roam I've started was a private one thus far, since I learned my lesson from the GTA online to not make public matches.:cry::roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only free roam I've started was a private one thus far, since I learned my lesson from the GTA online to not make public matches.:cry::roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey I noticed you are signed into PSN, are you playing MP ?

Cheapest, what's your PSN? I never did send you an invite.

If we get atleast 10 people that would make a good private online match.

Nvm, see it by your name. Reading skills ftw!

I'll send ya an invite later.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey I noticed you are signed into PSN, are you playing MP ?[/QUOTE]
Actually, I played single player for about 3 hours last night/this morning. Then I switched over to playing multiplayer(Free Roam in a private match)for another hour or so.

There's quite a few things you can do in Free Roam, so I may end up playing that as much as I was playing the GTA Episodes(APC FTW)Free Mode. I spent an hour or longer clearing and re-clearing a canyon near the ranch of bandits/gang members and blowing up their crates of supplies.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Cheapest, what's your PSN? I never did send you an invite.

If we get atleast 10 people that would make a good private online match.

Nvm, see it by your name. Reading skills ftw!

I'll send ya an invite later.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is, how do ya send people an invite into the game? I looked around last night and I couldn't find anything to send out invites, unless I just wasn't looking in the right spot.

Like I said above though, Free Roam seems pretty damn fun as it is and I'll probably end up playing that more than anything else.

For the record, I completely suck at horseshoes(tried it in sp), so if they have that on mp you guys can score easy wins against me in it.

IATCG:
select --> r1 --> triangle.

the better question is how to you form a posse. why dont you just get some ppl together and do the free roam quests together. wouldnt everyone get the trophies/objective achieved? were you doing the social club challenges? i havent played since tuesday. i should be getting on saturday night. for some of the social club challenges, it said that you needed to unlock certain areas in the game prior. is that unlocked for SP or MP?

[quote name='enufs8d']IATCG:
select --> r1 --> triangle.

the better question is how to you form a posse. why dont you just get some ppl together and do the free roam quests together. wouldnt everyone get the trophies/objective achieved? were you doing the social club challenges? i havent played since tuesday. i should be getting on saturday night. for some of the social club challenges, it said that you needed to unlock certain areas in the game prior. is that unlocked for SP or MP?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Thank you very much. As far as forming a posse though, I think they detailed that online somewhere already.

I meant to get on tonight though, since they were supposed to have the Rockstar people playing all sorts of modes tonight according to the Social Club site.

I will be on tonight around 10pm for sure I would like to join a posse! :twoguns:yeeHa! As far as Rockstar have their people play they did Friday from 4-8pm Eastern. The next event will be Thurs. June 3 from 4-7PM Eastern.

Here some info from the Rockstar website about free roam and forming a posse. You can find from: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news

HOW DOES FREE ROAM WORK?
Free Roam is the hub of your online experience. Supporting up to 16 players, Free Roam allows you to explore with your friends and enemies, take out the gangs of outlaws or launch into more structured gameplay using the markers placed around the world. We'll be forming posses and then heading into several game modes during the evening. To form a posse, press the 'Select' button and use the menu. This menu gives you several gameplay options and access to the list of players in your session.

FORMING A POSSE
For PlayStation 3, to start the game, invite your friends, form a posse and find Rockstar, follow these steps:
1. From the main menu, press 'Start' and then enter 'Online Multiplayer' by pressing the 'Square' button.

2. Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.

3. Press the 'R1' button and then the 'Triangle' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' button.

4. Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.

5. Once you and your friends are ready to go, start up the game mode we're currently playing. This can be found in the chat as the event rolls along.

I will see you guys on tonight!

I'll help anyone with challenges and such. Been dying to play the Mp modes with a full posse!

PSN: j-cart

bread's done
Back